Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Sab0921 posted:

Move Tesla HQ and yourself to Houston.

Mods???

zoux posted:

Yeah, itll take one hurricane going up the houston ship channel

That was Ike in 08 or 09.

Dameius posted:

Yeah it isn't the 80s any more. Houston would for sure hurt if O&G collapsed but we'd survive.

It would gently caress up the east side even worse, but nobody who matters lives on the east side.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yes Seattlites are very happy about the prevalence of the cool employees at big tech companies.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Broken clock, etc.

e: oh she's just mad at Woke Coke of course, it's always performative nonsense

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mexican coca-cola with pure cane sugar is incredibly good. Like global domination good. Real sugar dr. Pepper is so sweet it’s basically a dessert.

A Dessert I Like To Enjoy At 10-2-4. Yes I like to drink 200 calories of sugar at 10 o’ clock in the morning, this is healthy— it’s energy!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I never really like dr pepper as much. I alway feel like it has a skunky aftertaste.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Hihohe posted:

I never really like dr pepper as much. I alway feel like it has a skunky aftertaste.

Dublin Dr. Pepper seemed like the only version that really got it right, down to a pleasant aftertaste. I'm still mad that it's gone.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Green can Dr Pepper is the original cane sugar recipe that Dublin was using but bottled by the national brand which is why they told Dublin to stop using it.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Hihohe posted:

It's decent in an ice cream float (but still second to root beer), but I wouldn't drink it straight.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Houston really needs the visionary genius behind this or it will never be able to find a way to kill more pedestrians.

https://twitter.com/GarethDennis/status/1380477478758723592?s=20

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Houston has pedestrians?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TracesofTexas/status/1380498229935083522

Apparently they did once. The only time I'm ever in downtown Houston is for Astros games and it always looks deserted. Might be some selection bias going on I suppose

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 9, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Double fist Diet Dr Pepper all day every day.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Quote.

As the OP of the Dr pepper tribute thread in the fast food subforum I have to say gently caress all y'all < >=( >

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Two questions:

1) Are you my grandfather?

2) If so, do you need me to pick you up another pack of Kools?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean the most famous marketing campaign for Dr Pepper was to drink no fewer than three each day

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

I mean the most famous marketing campaign for Dr Pepper was to drink no fewer than three each day

dr pepper's most famous marketing campaign was "it's not for women"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No that was a particular version of a new diet Dr. Pepper because apparently men think diet drinks are gay, but y'all never heard of 10-2-4?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

Houston has pedestrians?

Apparently they did once. The only time I'm ever in downtown Houston is for Astros games and it always looks deserted. Might be some selection bias going on I suppose

why do you think we built the tunnels?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

zoux posted:

The freeways turned downtown into an island of sorts. Then all the waves of white flight caused new centers of business to show up and people lived near those instead. Now you have a lonely area that's only good for some entertainment sometimes or a place to work.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

When I was off from college, I would take the bus downtown (this was before they redid the routes a few years ago) and walk to the beacon to volunteer. That area did have pedestrian traffic and if I left around the end of a 9-to-5 schedule, there was even the on foot commuter rush for the buses/parking garages from the business types :yayclod:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

it tastes more like regular dr pepper

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

No that was a particular version of a new diet Dr. Pepper because apparently men think diet drinks are gay, but y'all never heard of 10-2-4?

its on the drat bottles!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

zoux posted:

Houston has pedestrians?

I've worked and lived in/near downtown Houston for a while now. It definitely has pedestrians and foot traffic. And (in non-Corona times) it has a pretty walkable selection of bars, restaurants, and other stuff.

I'm starting to think maybe some of you goons just don't go out and do stuff where people are and it's altering the way they think about cities.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

I've worked and lived in/near downtown Houston for a while now. It definitely has pedestrians and foot traffic. And (in non-Corona times) it has a pretty walkable selection of bars, restaurants, and other stuff.

I'm starting to think maybe some of you goons just don't go out and do stuff where people are and it's altering the way they think about cities.

Goons being a bunch of antisocial shut-ins? Well I never!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Captain Monkey posted:

Like most Houstonians, I live outside the city limits, I'm still not convinced these walking apparatus, these side-walks, actually exist.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve been in the Med Center for a week now and there’s definitely tons of pedestrians in the morning and at lunchtime. Hermann Park is consistently full of people.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Back Hack posted:

Like most Houstonians, I live outside the city limits, I'm still not convinced these walking apparatus, these side-walks, actually exist.

I know, right? Find me a sidewalk in The Woodlands, I dare you.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

IT BURNS posted:

I know, right? Find me a sidewalk in The Woodlands, I dare you.

I'm motioning to every single road that has an adjacent neighborhood what the gently caress lol The Woodlands has a shitload of sidewalk

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Comrayn posted:

I'm motioning to every single road that has an adjacent neighborhood what the gently caress lol The Woodlands has a shitload of sidewalk

Sir you're driving through the country club's golf course please use the roads.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We're calling the woodlands houston now

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
What's the logic behind the squiggly sidewalks I see in Texas anyway? They hate people walking in a straight line?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

bits of austin go into williamson county, so i'm from austin

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

What's the logic behind the squiggly sidewalks I see in Texas anyway? They hate people walking in a straight line?

I legitimately don't know what this is supposed to be talking about and I've seen a lot of Texas sidewalks

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

No Safe Word posted:

I legitimately don't know what this is supposed to be talking about and I've seen a lot of Texas sidewalks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

bits of austin go into williamson county, so i'm from austin

You most certainly are not!

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

zoux posted:

Yeah the ball park and lots of bails bonds joints for all the courthouses pretty much make up the entirety of that part of downtown. But in pre-pandemic times, go along Main Street between Rusk and Franklin or just around Market Square and it's definitely a different story as some goons have noted.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

zoux posted:

I went to undergrad with someone who claimed to be from Houston, she was from Conroe

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

zoux posted:

You most certainly are not!

Dunno, how bad is the traffic around I Say Swear's place? If it's bad enough I'd say make him an honorary Austinite.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think they were rather restrictive with 10-2-4, why not 8-10-12-2-4-6-8 and a nightcap. Calories are just a lie perpetuated by Big Diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

jokes posted:

I think they were rather restrictive with 10-2-4, why not 8-10-12-2-4-6-8 and a nightcap. Calories are just a lie perpetuated by Big Diet

A very Boomer sentence.