Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm only going by twitter but it feels like the media desperately wants to avoid acknowledging that this exists, and that's even from the folks I follow who aren't afraid to talk about race or politics

I assume its because media people are afraid of making a stink one way or the other and then a smoking gun comes out proving them wrong. Because journalists are cowards.

Codependent Poster posted:

The NFL will definitely let him play and everyone will be like "let's wait for the courts to decide" while they try and drag his accusers through the mud.

Yup, announcers will give him credit for being able to perform so well despite facing such adversity while glossing over what he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

really queer Christmas posted:

Yup, announcers will give him credit for being able to perform so well despite facing such adversity while glossing over what he did.

"distractions off the field"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I assume its because media people are afraid of making a stink one way or the other and then a smoking gun comes out proving them wrong. Because journalists are cowards.

Stugotz of all people (from the LeBatard Show) actually had the author of the SI piece on his podcast today.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
As much as I want to poo poo on Florio I can't say he's not covering this pretty in depth.

Also it's been on all the SAS and Bayless type shows.

Yeah they wouldn't want to go out on 22 limbs.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah so after "yeah I contacted them on instagram but" comes "it was consensual" next will be something like "I am sorry they/I misinterpreted some things" and probably as mentioned sex addiction

this is my shocked face

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

if I was an NFL quarterback I would simply have sex with instagram models and not force masseuses to jerk me off

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

mistermojo posted:

if I was an NFL quarterback I would simply have sex with instagram models and not force masseuses to jerk me off

That would be the normal thing to do, but manipulating unsuspecting massage therapists is what gets him off (as has been said by other folks earlier)

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

mistermojo posted:

I would also do this, if I were an NFL quarterback. I would tell attractive women that was my job and take advantage of the prestige that position bestows upon me to have consensual sex with them, instead of sexually assaulting them.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If I were an NFL QB I would be too busy watching film to have sex like Superbowl Champion Eli Manning.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I guess philip rivers never watched film cause that guy clearly fucks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
He's only hosed nine times

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1380600695636832262

:chloe:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Admitting you used the messages fo sex helps your defense how?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Does nothing to explain why he had so many different massage therapists or why he felt the need to fly them in from out of state or why they were texting each other warnings about him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Basically every athlete I’ve heard comment on this story, at least locally in Boston sports media, has approached this very delicately but have uniformly said that during their playing career because it is so important and so vital that their body feels as good as it can between games that when they find a sports massage person that works for them they solely use that person going forward as they become familiar with every part of their body. Going through so many different women for this is just not a thing that athletes do.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm not an athlete and I was annoyed when my preferred massage therapist at my gym moved to another city (not at her, just at having to find a new one who was on the same page as me). If it were part of my livelihood yeah I can't imagine swapping around every time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He wasn’t getting massages from these women. He was hiring them for sex. He has plenty of staff to get sports massages from and does. He was explicit with every one that he just wanted a sensual massage.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr. Nice! posted:

He wasn’t getting massages from these women. He was hiring them for sex. He has plenty of staff to get sports massages from and does. He was explicit with every one that he just wanted a sensual massage.

Of course. It’s just an easy way to make people who aren’t paying much attention to this go “yeah that is weird.”

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wtf

https://twitter.com/DianaMoskovitz/status/1380721204512706564

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Someone found out.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Why do people think stuff like this will fly in this day and age? loving moron.

When is the last time something actually came out that an athlete or celebrity was being extorted? Zeke Elliott around the time he got drafted?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

ozymandius1024 posted:

When is the last time something actually came out that an athlete or celebrity was being extorted? Zeke Elliott around the time he got drafted?

Didn't it happen to Shannon Sharpe or am I confusing that with something else

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Jaromir Jagr but it wasn’t a woman saying anything non-consensual occurred, she asked for hush money about them sleeping together and he said no, release the pic

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Does Tunsil's situation count? Mom's ex was demanding money to keep the infamous gas mask bong off the internet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Bezos.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Was it ever actually confirmed who leaked the gasmask video? I remember a bunch of theories but never a resolution.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Was it ever actually confirmed who leaked the gasmask video? I remember a bunch of theories but never a resolution.

Uncle iirc

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
This story (albeit from 2017) seems to suggest no official confirmation ever came: https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/26/15341274/laremy-tunsil-2016-nfl-draft-hacked-bong-miami-dolphins

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Every time someone wonders 'wow lawyer sure is making it about themselves instead of about the victims of a popular person' this is why.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Aaron Wilson was a pretty good local guy covering the Ravens 20 years ago so I'm disappointed to see that from him

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Docjowles posted:

Definitely the dolphins

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

wyoak posted:

Jaromir Jagr but it wasn’t a woman saying anything non-consensual occurred, she asked for hush money about them sleeping together and he said no, release the pic

Jagr has always owned

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Guy issued an apology if anyone's interested. Doesn't seem to have been run by a PR department.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1380951274535985152

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"I did not choose my words carefully enough" is such a non apology

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

What's complex? Watson is a fuckin pervert and a sex offender.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Intruder posted:

"I did not choose my words carefully enough" is such a non apology

Especially when it wasn't how he worded it, but what he worded.

Newspapers don't mind controversial opinions until it costs them money. Or gets them threatened with lawsuits. The Chronicle must have been slammed with messages and quickly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Does Tunsil's situation count? Mom's ex was demanding money to keep the infamous gas mask bong off the internet.

Wow, his Mom dated the Miami Dolphins?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah I'm sure they're all eager to find that out and by liable for knowing that information.

lol y'all seem pretty unfamiliar with the make-it-go-away-without-telling-me-it-exists type of orders I've gotten from superiors

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Guy issued an apology if anyone's interested. Doesn't seem to have been run by a PR department.

"I circled the wagons like daddy wanted me to but I did it badly oopsie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ches Neckbeard posted:

“I should not have invoked the specter of terrorism, I want it made clear that I do not actually believe that these women are terrorists.

I do however believe they are lying extortionists. Please someone hire me”