Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Let's also not forget that Rogozin, who is now head of Roscosmos, used to run on the natoanilist 'Moscow for Muscovites' slogan. But for some unfathomable reason, nobody tries to cancel Rogozin now. He didn't even had to apologise or explain how his view changed, nobody just gives a toss about it. He's a quirky but respectable bureaucrat on friendly terms with Putin. I wonder why he's treated differently, a real mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Kinda surprised that he returned at all at this point.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

Let's also not forget that Rogozin, who is now head of Roscosmos, used to run on the natoanilist 'Moscow for Muscovites' slogan. But for some unfathomable reason, nobody tries to cancel Rogozin now. He didn't even had to apologise or explain how his view changed, nobody just gives a toss about it. He's a quirky but respectable bureaucrat on friendly terms with Putin. I wonder why he's treated differently, a real mystery.
Well, government employees don't get cancelled in Russia too often. You'd have to insult the veterans, or the pensioners, or something Soviet I guess. The government knows its voter base, and insulting the immigrants is no big deal.
Besides, Rogozin is the president's reliable.... well, not "right hand" probably, but a hand in any case. Being a pretend Hitler was just another assignment for him then as being pretend Elon Musk is now.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Somaen posted:

So the guy in the video is Shamil Basayev, who is up there on the list of the worst human beings on the planet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege), whose effigy Navalny shoots in a lame pro-gun video from 2010. Not sure why the cockroaches are supposed to be "muslims" or if this means that jewish people who say they wish they could shoot hitler reveals that they are pro-german genocide.

The tankie is now on probation for denying ethnic cleansing by China, maybe someone here knows of corroborating proof of Navalny's lust for genocide or is it all dumb smears?

I know the visa argument too, but again he approaches it from a "let's stop importing slave labor as if we're the gulf coast" https://navalny.com/p/6122/

Dude it's a guy gunning down someone in a burka screaming "allahu akbar". The fact he threw up a picture of some terrorist doesn't detract from it. If George Bush went out and released an ad on 9/12/2002 where he guns down a Muslim woman with a picture of Osama Bin Laden in the corner, that picture and the terrorist attack doesn't change the message one goddamn bit. Raise up whatever demon you like as your anti-corruption crusader, but don't actually lie about what he is. Just be honest about the sacrifices your willing to make for fiscal responsibility or democratic accountability or whatever.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Dude it's a guy gunning down someone in a burka screaming "allahu akbar". The fact he threw up a picture of some terrorist doesn't detract from it. If George Bush went out and released an ad on 9/12/2002 where he guns down a Muslim woman with a picture of Osama Bin Laden in the corner, that picture and the terrorist attack doesn't change the message one goddamn bit. Raise up whatever demon you like as your anti-corruption crusader, but don't actually lie about what he is. Just be honest about the sacrifices your willing to make for fiscal responsibility or democratic accountability or whatever.

Yeah that is a reference to a shahid, my bad. Realized that they were a more notorious thing in the cultural psyche back then after Beslan. Yeah, that's pretty bad in taste but uh I'm open to changing my views on this demon with any writings of his that would corroborate his awfulness. I know that the party network he constructed works in the north Caucasus and Tatarstan and his close allies are ingush and tatars, so for now actions speak louder than decade old videos

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Zedhe Khoja posted:

"He was no angel" I say as the token opposition gets made example of for making the robber barons mildly uncomfortable, again

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Somaen posted:

Yeah that is a reference to a shahid, my bad. Realized that they were a more notorious thing in the cultural psyche back then after Beslan. Yeah, that's pretty bad in taste but uh I'm open to changing my views on this demon with any writings of his that would corroborate his awfulness. I know that the party network he constructed works in the north Caucasus and Tatarstan and his close allies are ingush and tatars, so for now actions speak louder than decade old videos

His main slogan back in the day was 'Stop feeding Caucasus', with the implication that while Russians work and pay taxes, the barbaric Chechens only spend money from the federal budget. The truth is a lot of money went into rebuilding Chechnya after the war and getting on locals' good side with some extravagant projects to avoid another wave of radicalisation, and that's not that objectionable when you think about it. The real issue is that the getting on the good side part also includes things like complete disregard of law (as in even more blatantly than in the rest of Russia) and full political and financial support of the local tyrant that is Kadyrov and his cronies in return for 99% Putin/United Russia election results. Navalny, however, has indeed significantly changed his rhetoric since then and shifted his focus to actual issues that are common across all regions.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
The liberal opposition non-russian speakers imagine existing in russia simply does not

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, internationals pooh-pooh'ing Navalny because he doesn't fit their context at home is laughable. He's the best you're gonna get so :dealwithit:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dudes about to get martyred for a just cause and there serious people on this board doing what about isms for poo poo he said in the 90s.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Any loser can become a martyr for a just cause, but only the righteous among the righteous, those of flawless moral fortitude, can become bad-faith tedious scolds on an internet forum.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I'm a bike nerd and so I came across this article on some sporting bodies and how they interact with Belarus:

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/04/yet-again-bike-racing-and-human-rights-collide/

This same website also does some reporting on Turkmenistan's dictator as well.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/06/the-uci-just-gave-its-highest-award-to-a-dictator/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Somaen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4j_6ofqiA

So the guy in the video is Shamil Basayev, who is up there on the list of the worst human beings on the planet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege), whose effigy Navalny shoots in a lame pro-gun video from 2010. Not sure why the cockroaches are supposed to be "muslims" or if this means that jewish people who say they wish they could shoot hitler reveals that they are pro-german genocide.

Erulisse posted:

Chechen war memories were fresh and the video of kadyrov's dad slitting throats of 18 y/o russian soldiers was still in the internet. So it's almost like jewish people wishing to shoot nazis, not only hitler. Shoot certain groups of terrorists, not just people who are such and such race.
:eyepop:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
In the relationship between Caucasian minorities and Russian soldiers, the Caucasians are definitely the genocidal Nazi's.

Jesus Christ that people are allowed to post that psychotic poo poo. Definitely putting to bed the any worries muslims might have about Navalny and his movement.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Zedhe Khoja posted:

In the relationship between Caucasian minorities and Russian soldiers, the Caucasians are definitely the genocidal Nazi's.

Jesus Christ that people are allowed to post that psychotic poo poo. Definitely putting to bed the any worries muslims might have about Navalny and his movement.

What I find really weird is when talking about China people from your information ecosystem will spend hours dismissing first-hand accounts of Muslim refugees and going "ACTUALLY, they are RE-EDUCATION camps for SEPARATISTS AND RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS, you're exagerating because state department propaganda", but for Russia the standard of evidence is this, "Navalny is a genocidal nazi, ethnic cleansing is imminent, here's proof of a 10 year old video of him shooting ALL MUSLIMS with a gun, no I don't need to know anythign that he said in the next 10 years"

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

This seems ... bad. Or just more sabre rattling.

https://twitter.com/Hromadske/status/1380460729493504006

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
God drat I don’t remember the official rhetoric being this aggressive in 2014 or 2015.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Necronormiecon posted:

God drat I don’t remember the official rhetoric being this aggressive in 2014 or 2015.

Which is why it looks more like exactly that, just rhetoric.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Somaen posted:

What I find really weird is when talking about China people from your information ecosystem will spend hours dismissing first-hand accounts of Muslim refugees and going "ACTUALLY, they are RE-EDUCATION camps for SEPARATISTS AND RELIGIOUS EXTREMISTS, you're exagerating because state department propaganda", but for Russia the standard of evidence is this, "Navalny is a genocidal nazi, ethnic cleansing is imminent, here's proof of a 10 year old video of him shooting ALL MUSLIMS with a gun, no I don't need to know anythign that he said in the next 10 years"

So you just made up a Platonic Tankie scarecrow in your mind palace to scream at? Good for you, but don't quote me while you do it. I'm not arguing with people who downplay Navalny's history of bigoted rhetoric and fascist affiliations because it happened a decade ago (a time frame I would consider 'the recent past' in terms of politics), I'm arguing with people who are defending that bigoted rhetoric on it's own grounds and coming up with their own insanely bigoted rightwing rhetoric in this very thread.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Paladinus posted:

Which is why it looks more like exactly that, just rhetoric.

Elections are soon and are way more unstable than everrrr

People start questioning why they have to pay 100 rubles for bread while peskov's single wrist watch costs more than lifetime earnings of a family

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Erulisse posted:

Elections are soon and are way more unstable than everrrr

People start questioning why they have to pay 100 rubles for bread while peskov's single wrist watch costs more than lifetime earnings of a family

Good. Hopefully the russian hyper capitalist federation dies.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Good. Hopefully the russian hyper capitalist federation dies.

That's called kleptocracy
It's almost official afair btw

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 9, 2021

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
its an insane buildup for rehetorical moves

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Ukraine will absolutely never in a million years join NATO so this does not seem a huge cause for worry?

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Zedhe Khoja posted:

So you just made up a Platonic Tankie scarecrow in your mind palace to scream at? Good for you, but don't quote me while you do it. I'm not arguing with people who downplay Navalny's history of bigoted rhetoric and fascist affiliations because it happened a decade ago (a time frame I would consider 'the recent past' in terms of politics), I'm arguing with people who are defending that bigoted rhetoric on it's own grounds and coming up with their own insanely bigoted rightwing rhetoric in this very thread.

That's fair, I can appreciate the performative outrage at bigoted portrayals while also noting that I saw you comfortably post in C-SPAM alongside comrades genocide explainers of an actual, non-hypothetical ongoing ethnic cleansing of a muslim minority, without attacking the posters as demons or nazis, which gives a rough idea how much substance there is behind it

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
There's nothing "performative" about my concern for Caucasian minorities or disgust at people who consider Russians the "Jews" of the 1994 ethnic violence which is some neonazi poo poo. It really is.

Take your posting grudge against another subforum to QCS this isn't the place for it.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
I'm sure the undoubtedly talented spin-doctors of the Russian state if it does come to this will learn a lesson or two from the techniques employed by the Chinese state and will be able to adopt a rhetoric suitable for you, so that any concern you have for ethnic cleansing is instead turned into mild doubt if not outright, enthusiastic support.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
You said that a Russian politician shooting a muslim woman was the equivalent of a jew shooting a nazi because the 1994 war, which include violent ethnic cleansing of Caucasian villages en masse, was fresh in Russians minds (i bet it loving was). I'm not posting about anything anyone's written except you, in this loving thread.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Somaen posted:

That's fair, I can appreciate the performative outrage at bigoted portrayals while also noting that I saw you comfortably post in C-SPAM alongside comrades genocide explainers of an actual, non-hypothetical ongoing ethnic cleansing of a muslim minority, without attacking the posters as demons or nazis, which gives a rough idea how much substance there is behind it

lmao, that is a nice callout.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Whatever helps you explain away your genocidal rhetoric in this thread kanka.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Whatever helps you explain away your genocidal rhetoric in this thread kanka.

Why do you approve of Uighur genocide, OP?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I believe everything the Uighurs I've talked to in Gulbag and at the UNHCR office have said about the situation in China. And about their circumstances here in Turkey. So I don't know what your getting at except you're desperate to deflect about somebody slandering the victims of mass slaughter by the Russian government.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
"Look, I might believe muslims are experiencing an actual ethnic cleansing, but my tankie friends minimizing it and making fun of it have good anti-imperialist rhetoric. What I am really making a principled stand against here is the theoretical future genocide by nazi Navalny. I have no idea what his rhetoric is but have you seen this video"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RFERL/status/1380868228394651653

Poison doesn't work anymore.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

The point isn't to conceal who murdered them, the point is to kill foreign critics in an unglamorous way. Of those who've accepted that they may die, which is already a huge barrier to speaking up, how many will accept that that means a slow death from radiation or poison instead of a bullet at night?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I believe everything the Uighurs I've talked to in Gulbag and at the UNHCR office have said about the situation in China. And about their circumstances here in Turkey. So I don't know what your getting at except you're desperate to deflect about somebody slandering the victims of mass slaughter by the Russian government.

"Yeah, yeah, genocide , shmenocide, it may be happening or it may not, whatever, now to the real poo poo - have you guys seen this video that proves daddy Putin is the only thing standing in the way of Nazis gaining power in Russia?"

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 10, 2021

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

"Yeah, yeah, genocide , shmenocide, it may be happening or it may not, whatever, now to the real poo poo - have you guys seen this video that proves daddy Putin is the only thing standing in the way of Nazis gaining power in Russia?"

Well,I guess when they are his deputies they can be considered "not in power?".

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm more surprised the coroner diddnt report it as like, autoerotic asphyxiation.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

If someone is downplaying Chinese Uyghur concentration camps (they are concentration camps, china is seriously genociding a whole nation of people), they should be permaed.
Russia is nowhere near any of that but it seems like our gov is learning quickly and the whole russia is speedrunning back to feodalism and slavery. Totally different yeta lot to copy from china.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Erulisse posted:

If someone is downplaying Chinese Uyghur concentration camps (they are concentration camps, china is seriously genociding a whole nation of people), they should be permaed.

No worries, the mods and admins have already decided it's actually a-ok (because the people doing it are also the most insanely vitriolic and unpleasant posters on the forums so it's easier to pretend they don't exist than to stick your dick in the hornet's nest)