Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Wow, I haven't seen a "violent video games are the real cause of mass shootings" in a while!

Clay Bennett

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Clay Jones

Mike Luckovich

Mallard Fillmore - Bruce Tinsley

Prickly City - Scott Stantis and Eric Allie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can we please be over the sycophantic adoration phase and get to the dirt? Like happened when Jimmy the pedo finally died.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Pants Donkey posted:

Ramirez
Oh drat, a classic. Is Ramirez suggesting that we....cancel culture?

If we eliminate guns, we eliminate mass murder. AGC

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jedit posted:

Also remember that while almost all the British press is inevitably owned by a handful of extremely rich white men, the Mail has been both owned and controlled by a hereditary aristocrat for three generations. The Mail's co-founder, Harold Harmsworth, was ennobled as Viscount Rothermere on the usual grounds of "being very rich" and control of the paper has remained with his family unbroken.
Rothermere was also an open supporter of fascism (as in, he wrote a Mail editorial praising Oswald Mosley and the British Union of Fascists) and an admirer of Hitler ("Adolf the Great") who met him several times and was writing to him as late as 1939. The Mail's politics have not really changed since then.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Games and guns don't go together, as demonstrated by this unworkable gun. A good, though needless, cartoon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

By popular demand posted:

WOW isn't really the setting for transphobia considering the multitude of sapient races.
:confused:

And the plot is always pro inclusion isn't it?

The overarching plot is about a literal eternal race war. Every time it seems like the plot is pointing towards the two sides putting aside their differences and ending the conflict, the writers stoke it back up again for no reason other than it drives player engagement.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Even the playerbase hates the forever war but still, WoW keeps chugging along

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Payndz posted:

Rothermere was also an open supporter of fascism (as in, he wrote a Mail editorial praising Oswald Mosley and the British Union of Fascists) and an admirer of Hitler ("Adolf the Great") who met him several times and was writing to him as late as 1939. The Mail's politics have not really changed since then.

I didn't bring that up because I assumed everyone knew. Also it's not strictly relevant to why they blow the Royals more than any other paper.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Pants Donkey posted:

Skelley
drat you, got us, we hired only incompetents. Only white men can truly fly a plane.

"I am admitting out loud that this change in diversity has absolutely no effect on me or any flight I will ever take and yet I will find a way to frame it so I can complain about it"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Worst caricature. C'mon! Tucker is literally the Platonic ideal of "gormless white man". How could you gently caress that up?

quote:

Only 3 people will need to find new jobs if Keystone XL falls through. AGC

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jedit posted:

I didn't bring that up because I assumed everyone knew. Also it's not strictly relevant to why they blow the Royals more than any other paper.

Eh, the only difference between a monarchist and fascist is some jewellery.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Trying to rush Covid Vaccines out in order to beat Covid Cases that are full steam ahead thanks to Variants is most likely going to end in a huge gory spectacle of death that will not slow Covid Cases by one iota.

An incredibly bleak and pessimistic cartoon.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I dont know posted:

Other than the surprising fact he is still around, hasn't that always been Pigman's bag? Talking about how he is far left, but also every social, political, and economic problem is the fault of women somehow. The main change seems to be he has widened his bigotry to include additional marginalized groups.

Would that be Strasserism?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I've been fired forever due to Keystone being shut down.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Feldegast42 posted:

Is Ramirez the only one who still rants about violent video games? Everybody else seems to have given up that ghost

Conservatives never actually give up on their boogeymen, which is why they still constantly act like NYC is crime-ridden like it was 1975.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Johnny Walker posted:

If only big windmill could provide jobs for construction workers and engineers. Such a tragic waste.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Johnny Walker posted:

"I have absolutely no skills that would translate into any other profession and I assume every job is like that." - :tinsley:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

This is insanely dumb obviously but ALSO... come on Tinsley put a hard hat on Kermit

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Jurgan posted:

Would that be Strasserism?

Correct, have a cookie!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sinfest Sunday!
Why can't people be more tolerant of my intolerance?!

Still going hard on the whole "Nazi's are unfairly persecuted" thing.

Also, in universe things appear to be doing pretty well, so I guess throwing out all the racists really did improve society even though the comic tries to frame it as a bad thing.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Lurdiak posted:

Conservatives never actually give up on their boogeymen, which is why they still constantly act like NYC is crime-ridden like it was 1975.

I feel like most have them have eased up on attacking video games ever since it was discovered that angry, socially isolated gamers are a fertile recruitment ground for the alt right.

Edit: Geezus, what is wrong with Ishida's brain.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sinfest Sunday!
Why can't people be more tolerant of my intolerance?!

[small](I'm not gonna repost all these images)[/small]

Also, in universe things appear to be doing pretty well, so I guess throwing out all the racists really did improve society even though the comic tries to frame it as a bad thing.

Let's see. "Throwing out people who are bellowing hate through a megaphone is bad." "Democracy is bad." Openly racist toward Latinx people. Absolutely no non-white people in the comic this week.

And Celina's still in the forums insisting that Ishida's a leftist and that all of this is about how trans women are bad, although her posts are getting fewer and farther between, and she hasn't started a new thread to comment on the day's comic - which she previously did religiously - since March 24.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I like the one-off of Monique(?) where the punch line is caffeine. Oops, he forgot to tell a joke.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We're supposed to be horrified by happy balloon parade carebear world with proud sexyman showing off his nipple rings to the city

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who does he think likes police?

ZombieCat
May 3, 2014
Sinfest as a whole is starting to feel like a bizarre take on the singularity. We've got these strange hat bots shaping reality, events from one day are suddenly TV shows on the next, the main characters can do do nothing but stop and stare as the world is constantly being remade anew on an hourly basis.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Pettyfest:

Sinfest in British for some reason:

I think the redditors are starting to lose their minds from trying to follow this.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 11, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Wait are we supposed to root for or against the qanon shaman guy? I thought he and the rednecks were the heroic underdogs, but there is no way to read that horrible longship float as anything other than "the republicans and the nazis are coming and they are the same thing." Or has Ishida just decided to stop pretending he's rooting for anything but the nazis?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I think that's supposed to be a democrat made propaganda float.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Yeah, Ishida is saying Republicans and the Insurrectionists are being unfairly demonized by the Woke Communist-Fascists.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"We LIKE cops now?"
No, where the gently caress did you hear that
Oh nevermind, Ishida just makes up whatever reality he wants, so he can get mad about it later

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

"We LIKE cops now?"
No, where the gently caress did you hear that
Oh nevermind, Ishida just makes up whatever reality he wants, so he can get mad about it later

The police represent people being banned off of social media, which is, in a revealing turn, what Ishida thinks America is now

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Ishida’s stupid point is that people praised the Capital Police who did their jobs and prevented a bloodbath, and mourned those who were killed by the mob, therefore you leftists are all liars and hypocrites who only want to defund the police as performative wokeness and will fall behind the blue line when it’s your life in danger.

This of course completely ignores all of the massive criticism made against the Capital Police for not having treated the riot seriously and not having made plans to de-escalate or divert because they don’t take white people rioting seriously, in contrast to how they acted against BLM protests in the summer; but Ishida is repeating right-wing memes and slogans here as usual.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

The health minister Greg Hunt and Scott Morrison.

Broelman:

Knight:

Spooner:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sinfest Sunday!

I don't say this lightly, but I'm starting to think that even Garrison has a more consistent mindset than Sinfest.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Cartoon request: Anyone have a copy of that gilded age/progressive era cartoon with the stressed factory owner working long hours and the happy factory worker going home to his family?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

skeleton warrior posted:

Ishida’s stupid point is that people praised the Capital Police who did their jobs and prevented a bloodbath, and mourned those who were killed by the mob, therefore you leftists are all liars and hypocrites who only want to defund the police as performative wokeness and will fall behind the blue line when it’s your life in danger.

This of course completely ignores all of the massive criticism made against the Capital Police for not having treated the riot seriously and not having made plans to de-escalate or divert because they don’t take white people rioting seriously, in contrast to how they acted against BLM protests in the summer; but Ishida is repeating right-wing memes and slogans here as usual.

Yeah, people were saying that the one cop who forced an escalation to stall the mob, and the one who purposely led them down the wrong hallway (maybe the same person? I don't remember) did a good job at making sure the mob didn't get into the Senate chambers while senators were still there. At the same time, they didn't say "This means all police are good now" and there was a lot of criticism at cops for ignoring the mob breaching the barriers or even helping them to do it, and of course how cops were attacking/arresting people for far less during the BLM protests.

So the right does their usual thing of latching onto something they perceive as hypocritical while ignoring context, much like "Oh so you hate walls, yet you live in a house, curious." Some liberals and leftists said "Hey this one cop did a good thing in this one specific instance" so now obviously all leftists love cops forever.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

the_steve posted:

I don't say this lightly, but I'm starting to think that even Garrison has a more consistent mindset than Sinfest.

Garrison is pretty consistent. He loves fascism and hates forms of authoritarianism that aren't fascism.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

'You must be joking. I'm not going to wear a bloody halo!'
I will say Mac got this much right
If Heaven is real, Philip is definitely never going to wear a halo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Cartoon request: Anyone have a copy of that gilded age/progressive era cartoon with the stressed factory owner working long hours and the happy factory worker going home to his family?

e: ahaha I searched this up, went to save it, and found I already had a high-res version saved with the exact same filename I was about to give it

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 12, 2021