Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Had one of my periodic "try to actually play FPW" spells and man, the 2K games got slow but they had the right idea about fudging the animations so that if you weren't in the exact right place to connect with a strike at exactly the right time, it would still work. It would be one thing if just the rhythm-game button prompts for grappling were demanding, but who played this and decided the success conditions for a simple clothesline were acceptable? Not even the AI gets it right, just bizarre whiff after bizarre whiff

yeah it’s the same problem i have with all 2.5d fighters where the characters are completely flat cutouts that have to be perfectly aligned with each other. game still owns though. nothing else gets me as amped up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If you want to make your character OP in Fire Pro give them middle kick, it connects easily and often

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I dont think its that bad, but I'm also used to playing baseball games online.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

I haven't bought a game in a while, but I realized I never started playing 2k16 that's on my Xbox. I can't tell if my created guy, the Unturdtaker, is just slow or if everything is slow. Plus the chain wrestling mini game and the submission mini game seems annoying. Stupid mini games. None of the controls seem the same as the old days.

Also, mad that I can't port a real wrestler into creation mode so I can make Ryback's evil twin archenemy, Ryfront.

If you're playing the created wrestler story mode (I think that was in 2016) yeah you are slow as poo poo. It sucks. Check your stats in regular CAW mode and you should be able to fix them but it only effects non story mode. Because you have to grind a skill tree in story mode because 2K Sports Game

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Guess it's worth posting the WWE 2K22 teaser in here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXk50a0wbdU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can't wait to beat my kids

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Had one of my periodic "try to actually play FPW" spells and man, the 2K games got slow but they had the right idea about fudging the animations so that if you weren't in the exact right place to connect with a strike at exactly the right time, it would still work. It would be one thing if just the rhythm-game button prompts for grappling were demanding, but who played this and decided the success conditions for a simple clothesline were acceptable? Not even the AI gets it right, just bizarre whiff after bizarre whiff

Walking backwards trains the ai into the right plane to connect with strikes a lot of the time or picking them up into a dazed state works for big strikes.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Astro7x posted:

So the game will have Rey Mysterio and his finisher? What a reveal!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

So the game will have Rey Mysterio and his finisher? What a reveal!

Well now we also know his finisher will still be at 50% speed :v:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 11, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

notably the teaser featured wrestlers with no hair so im guessing the hair physics is still a disaster.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Like seriously the one thing you could do to convince people this isn't going to be like the last few years is make the moves look impactful and they can't even do that for a teaser.

EDIT: meanwhile in MDickie land:

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1381287290249576449

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 11, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/itsmyyard/status/1381315103052730372

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MDickie is a better animator than the hordes of animators at 2K combined.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

individual animations are not the problem

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmao when everyone discovers all they did for 22 was make the fuckups look prettier

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

If Sid isn't on the cover of WWE 2K22, then what's the point?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I predict 2k22 will be not quite as broken as 2k20 but still with most of the same core gameplay issues.

I also predict that tomorrow morning the sun will rise.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i predict any amount of joy anyone would get from 2k22 will be from watching the nL boys play it and that's it. maybe a few of the weirdos that like playing it ranked online but they don't count

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Timby posted:

I know Rogue One or X-Wing is a completely silly game, statistics-wise, and small taps into numbers are not exactly going to set the universe on fire as it is; no one is going to look at some giant-rear end, Corellian freighter that looks like the dregs of the galaxy. It's the smaller bits, like Mark Hamill getting completely and utterly engaged as he "fires" on Luke that just desired, for lack of a better phrase

(Suck on it, then, my lovely friend, bur it turned the pottle to havesucky lovely. :) )

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Astro7x posted:

I thought Seth took that eye?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/itzphsavagewolf/status/1382038886780649475?s=21

Hahahahaha

The PS5 and Series X ARE the current gen. If the console out, it’s not Next gen anymore.

Although leave it to WWE to treat an established thing as “in development” and call it NeXT

Dacap fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 13, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1382065221423001606

they didn't say "no this isn't true"...

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
That’s insane. I was honestly considering getting 2k22 just so I’d have a current gen game to ride me over until the AEW game comes out.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/itzphsavagewolf/status/1382038886780649475?s=21

Hahahahaha

The PS5 and Series X ARE the current gen. If the console out, it’s not Next gen anymore.

Although leave it to WWE to treat an established thing as “in development” and call it NeXT

Considering they couldn't get a game running properly on PS4 and Xbox, I have less faith in them getting a decent next gen/current gen release running.

Not to mention every "next gen" entry in the series has been trash on the next gen consoles compared to the previous console version of the same game.

I almost wonder how 2K20 would run on my Series X but I don't want to waste the bandwidth downloading it again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I mean I figured this game would be bad when I saw the halfspeed 619 in that gameplay vid

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

Considering they couldn't get a game running properly on PS4 and Xbox, I have less faith in them getting a decent next gen/current gen release running.

Not to mention every "next gen" entry in the series has been trash on the next gen consoles compared to the previous console version of the same game.

I almost wonder how 2K20 would run on my Series X but I don't want to waste the bandwidth downloading it again.

The issues with 2k20 went way beyond performance issues didn't they? Better hardware isn't gonna fix jank rear end animations and physics.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They can calculate more than four hair particles at once

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the graphics for 20 were objectively worse than 19 and 18

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
It is a fact that there will never be a good WWE game again, it just can't possibly happen without a massive cultural shift in two different industries.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

It is a fact that there will never be a good WWE game again, it just can't possibly happen without a massive cultural shift in two different industries.

I honestly don't think the content of WWE was ever that connected to the quality or content of the games. If anything it was the tail wagging the dog where someone like Goldberg would be part of the game and then end up doing angles on the show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't know if I'd go so far as saying 2 industries. The WWE's content really doesn't matter when it comes to a good game because a good developer could do something just with the IP. And I don't think it's the whole game industry. I think it's 2k and sports developers in general. I'd love to see what a company like Capcom, or Sucker Punch or Rockstar or Insomniac could do with it. The fact that sports games have gotten monopolized is the exact reason they became unfun. When I was young I would buy football, basketball and hockey games and I don't even like sports. But it didn't matter because they were fun. Those days are over.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I don't know if I'd go so far as saying 2 industries. The WWE's content really doesn't matter when it comes to a good game because a good developer could do something just with the IP. And I don't think it's the whole game industry. I think it's 2k and sports developers in general. I'd love to see what a company like Capcom, or Sucker Punch or Rockstar or Insomniac could do with it. The fact that sports games have gotten monopolized is the exact reason they became unfun. When I was young I would buy football, basketball and hockey games and I don't even like sports. But it didn't matter because they were fun. Those days are over.

WWE’s content doesn’t matter, but WWE’s desire to collect annual revenue from a video game license does. I hope AEW will be more willing to space their out their releases to make sure the games feel right

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The major question is, did they make a new engine or not?

Because I think it may actually be impossible to make a good game with the engine in its present state. drat thing’s gotta be pure spaghetti code by now.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Isn’t it like a weird bastard version of Yuke’s code that 2k reversed engineered from the Switch port? At least that’s what it feels/looks like.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

The major question is, did they make a new engine or not?

Because I think it may actually be impossible to make a good game with the engine in its present state. drat thing’s gotta be pure spaghetti code by now.

the 619 from the trailer is the same exact motion capture from 2k20 so no.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Who’s that jumping out the sky? A 2k developer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i foresee people being very very bothered by the bad/simple graphics of the upcoming aew game. i bet it will even be ported to The Natendo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am fine with aews graphical style if the tradeoff is a crisp, fast, robust engine

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the primary concern there is if Yukes have unlearned some of the bad design habits they had on the 2k series. Even with the engine problems and WWE's brand control, there were a lot of questionable mechanical decisions in the last few games and I hope they've really rethought their approach to the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're different.