Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE continues the trend of really loving bad champion pictures for their website.

this looks like one of those faceapp generated smiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

This is the dumbest loving thing I've ever seen, and I watch Mecha Mummy matches on DDT

In a vacuum, if you completely eliminate Alexa Bliss and everything related to her from this and also the terrible CG walking thing before she came out, spooky clown wrestler slowly rising out of a hosed up jack in the box is a killer “big stage” one off special entrance.

It makes sense that they would gently caress it up with all that other awful poo poo though.

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Kunabomber posted:

It felt like Wrestlemania was actually an advertisement for the TV product rather than having proper blowoff matches that ends feuds tbh

The PPVs have been like that for ages, and I'm not sure I blame them since they make most of their money on the TV/Streaming deals for the TV shows.

When was the last time WM really felt like a "Season Finale"? When DB won? Even before that it feels like WM was building to TV or Backlash.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

In a vacuum, if you completely eliminate Alexa Bliss and everything related to her from this and also the terrible CG walking thing before she came out, spooky clown wrestler slowly rising out of a hosed up jack in the box is a killer “big stage” one off special entrance.

It makes sense that they would gently caress it up with all that other awful poo poo though.

So much of WWE is this good seed of an idea ruined by a lot of extraneous bullshit. Fun loving potsmoker who can still somehow go in the ring is a great idea for a gimmick but its so overdone it becomes farce and not good farce

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Re: Alexa

Alexa was a decent singles wrestler, not a great one, and I owe a lot of that to the booking. During her endless reigns with the belts they should've made her a sneaky, clever champ who always barely escapes with the belt, instead they had her dominate 80% of every match she was in despite being 5-foot-nothing. Sorry, when she's dragging around Nia it looks ridiculous.

Re: Night 2

It sucked. Back to being the good ol' WWE. Just a lousy show with almost sadistic pacing- you follow up the Fiend thing with that women's tag? What in the world are you doing?

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I watched the first half of both nights since my friends were watching. Only the first halves since I gave up both times and went to bed.

I don't want to judge people for enjoying a entertainment product that I don't like but it is so hard not too in this case.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

First night's ending was the best close to a main roster show in years, probably since the Ambrose MITB cash-in?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lazy like a Fox posted:

The PPVs have been like that for ages, and I'm not sure I blame them since they make most of their money on the TV/Streaming deals for the TV shows.

When was the last time WM really felt like a "Season Finale"? When DB won? Even before that it feels like WM was building to TV or Backlash.

That's true, but it just feels like this WM was even more egregious, especially Night 2 main event.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So I've downloaded both nights of NXT Stand and Deliver, besides WALTER v Ciampa anything else worth watching on those?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I liked it in 2018 when WM was actually building to Backlash, which was actually building to the loving Saudi show

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

LionYeti posted:

So I've downloaded both nights of NXT Stand and Deliver, besides WALTER v Ciampa anything else worth watching on those?

the last 10 minutes of cole/oreilly

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

You know it’s cheap because the theme song loops four times… And only has one verse. How hard is it to make a couplet about being friends

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

You know it’s cheap because the theme song loops four times… And only has one verse. How hard is it to make a couplet about being friends

God its remarkable how bad the WWE theme music has become.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LionYeti posted:

Men's tag match, the gauntlet match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I will say, everyone is really looking like a dumb motherfucker when they face Roman right now and don't bring a counter to Jey Uso.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Main event finish doesn't bother me too buch, because at least it's the current biggest heel in the company going over. Jobber with a random gimmick reset getting the IC title is way worse IMO. At least there was kind of an actual feud there but I just hate it. Feels like when JBL got his rich guy gimmick and then won the title within a month.

I know I'm a chump to get annoyed over the IC title but I guess I'm just a big Big E mark :(

Also how in the hell does Tamina get booked in TWO wrestlemania matches :psyduck:

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Second night was mostly garbage (particularly compared to the first, where every match other than Braun/Shane and the Women's Tag Team mess was very good), but I guess I'm not getting the hate for the main event, which was honestly pretty enjoyable? Maybe it would have been better to let Sasha and Bianca headline night two so that night two wasn't a series of heel wins and we could have gone home on the happy, feel-good moment, but Roman as a dominant heel has been good and Smackdown has a lot of rising faces to take a run at him (Cesaro and Big E both seem well-positioned, and they finally seem to notice that Cesaro actually exists, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up). In hindsight, the decision to put Bryan in the match is kind of a confusing one if you don't want him to win or eat the pin so Roman can lose the title without being pinned, but it makes sense if they wanted to hedge against Edge not being able to carry a full main event match on his own or if they just decided the three had good chemistry and wanted some variety on a card that was almost entirely singles matches. If they had stuck it on Edge it probably would have been in limbo until Summerslam and putting it on Bryan would have let him face...I dunno, Rollins? Him and Zayn would be fun I guess.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There's nobody who's a credible challenger to Roman right now. Big E lost a lot of steam with this neverending Apollo feud that probably still isn't over.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

motherbox posted:

Second night was mostly garbage (particularly compared to the first, where every match other than Braun/Shane and the Women's Tag Team mess was very good), but I guess I'm not getting the hate for the main event, which was honestly pretty enjoyable? Maybe it would have been better to let Sasha and Bianca headline night two so that night two wasn't a series of heel wins and we could have gone home on the happy, feel-good moment, but Roman as a dominant heel has been good and Smackdown has a lot of rising faces to take a run at him (Cesaro and Big E both seem well-positioned, and they finally seem to notice that Cesaro actually exists, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up). In hindsight, the decision to put Bryan in the match is kind of a confusing one if you don't want him to win or eat the pin so Roman can lose the title without being pinned, but it makes sense if they wanted to hedge against Edge not being able to carry a full main event match on his own or if they just decided the three had good chemistry and wanted some variety on a card that was almost entirely singles matches. If they had stuck it on Edge it probably would have been in limbo until Summerslam and putting it on Bryan would have let him face...I dunno, Rollins? Him and Zayn would be fun I guess.

the spot where bryan and edge both had a facelock on roman and started headbutting each other was pretty good. i think the night 2 main was good, but not as good as night 1.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

There's nobody who's a credible challenger to Roman right now. Big E lost a lot of steam with this neverending Apollo feud that probably still isn't over.

A wrestler not being credible has never stopped them arbitrarily being shoved into the main event before

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If Babatunde replaces the military officers, at least it will lower the racism quotient of Apollo by 20%

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Rarity posted:

A wrestler not being credible has never stopped them arbitrarily being shoved into the main event before
WWE very rarely books a natural rise to prominence. The progression is like "gimmick change -> champion", "heel turn -> champion," or "debut -> champion", like 90% of the time. Very lazy writing.

e: the other 10% is MITB cash-ins

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Cesaro vs Reigns with Nakamura protecting against Jey Uso would be a match I'd watch.

edit: i just want reigns being swung around like a fool

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

someone on this page accidentally outed themselves as a wwe wrestler in their post but i won't say who

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

sound guy during rheas entrance: this is my brutality

*turns off lip-sync track*

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

It's just always amazing what WWE chooses to focus on for building characters (Fiend, Head of the table Roman) and everything else is "yeah I guess you're doing this for the next couple of weeks, sure".

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Golden Bee posted:

the way the singer drags out "lo-o-nely" bothered me so much

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The lazy lyrics are the absolute least of the problems with the entire Alexa Bliss part of that segment.

You could write her the greatest theme song in all of wrestling and it wouldn’t save whatever that is supposed to be. People keep saying Harley Quinn but it’s like they’ve only ever had Harley Quinn explained to them by way of a bunch of paedophiles playing the telephone game or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

night 2 absolutely stank, what a pile of poo poo

Michael Cole was absolutely terrible, worst I've maybe ever heard him

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The lazy lyrics are the absolute least of the problems with the entire Alexa Bliss part of that segment.

You could write her the greatest theme song in all of wrestling and it wouldn’t save whatever that is supposed to be. People keep saying Harley Quinn but it’s like they’ve only ever had Harley Quinn explained to them by way of a bunch of paedophiles playing the telephone game or something.

ok

it's still lazy though

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cavauro posted:

someone on this page accidentally outed themselves as a wwe wrestler in their post but i won't say who

Minidust posted:

I know I'm a chump to get annoyed over the IC title but I guess I'm just ...Big E ...:(

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vandar posted:

I mean, to be quite frank, the rest of the Raw women's division ARE a bunch of chumps.

Alexa's caught up in the Fiend story, Becky is out with the baby, Lacey is pregnant, Charlotte isn't pregnant (honestly I have no doubt there was a plan there to have Charlotte go up against Asuka and take the belt until the non-pregnant stuff and the Andrade stuff happened). Who does that leave?

Dana, Mandy, Peyton, and Lana are all losers. Mickie can't event get a spot on Main Event, Nikki might as well not even exist, and Naomi is being punished for being over and popular.

I'm not trying to say the Asuka/Rhea match was good. I'm not even trying to defend the lovely build to it. I'm just saying...at least Rhea has been treated like a legit threat at times in the past (at least when Charlotte's not involved), and at least she's known as a former NXT champion which usually carries a great deal of weight with it. If Asuka had kept the belt tonight, she would most certainly be continued to be booked badly and end up dropping to Charlotte whenever she comes back. At least Rhea getting the title is something different for once. :shrug:

Though, I honestly don't even know why I'm so worked up about this lol. The WWE is poo poo and we all know it. At the very least, Rhea getting the belt will get us some new matchups we haven't seen yet, I'd hope.

Best women's roster in the world, separated into 4 subpar rosters with only one of them (NXT) being somewhat decent. I know people poo poo on AEW women's division, but AEW is currently doing a better job than Raw, Smackdown, or NXT UK individually.

The only real faces that could fight Rhea are Becky or Charlotte at this point, because they haven't completely ruined them like the rest of the roster. On the flip side, the only heels left to have faced Asuka would have been... literally nobody. I know they are not against taking the tag champs and having them face the Raw champ, but maybe Shayna would have been Asuka's next credibly opponen.

Likely scenario is that they do what they did with Carmella returning and quickly try to build someone up for MITB. Like Peyton or Nikki Cross. But who am I kidding, they'll probably bring Chalotte or Becky back tonight

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really liked Nikki Cross back when I was regularly watching PPVs. Sucks that they've done gently caress all with her since Extreme Rules, basically.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

I really liked Nikki Cross back when I was regularly watching PPVs. Sucks that they've done gently caress all with her since Extreme Rules, basically.

Hey now, she was sacrificed for the greater good...expanding THE LORE OF THE FIEND.

On a serious note, RAW's women's division is a dumpster fire and Rhea as champ isn't going to fix any of the problems it has.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
bless you wrestlemania streamables for teaching me who the hell darkstar's avatar is

Kunabomber posted:

lol vince is gonna live for another 20 years

vince will but dunn wont

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think dunn has been in charge of the cameras for a few years now. he has some guy who is relatively young as an apprentice who does all of those shaky zooms and such. This was told to me by Bix or he might have said the exact opposite that this guy wasn't the one doing it. but there is a guy at least, and it might not have been Bix who said anything about him

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Pylons posted:

i remember being stoked when they brought her to the main roster because i thought her nxt character was cool the few times i watched it and drat did they totally ruin her.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ASenileAnimal posted:

i remember being stoked when they brought her to the main roster because i thought her nxt character was cool the few times i watched it and drat did they totally ruin her.

Now where have I heard this one before?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just the amount of mental gymnastics you would have to do for those lovely camera cuts would make you exhausted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe the stupid rear end hole is either Emilio Revelo or Steve Rubin but it might be someone completely different from that. i simply do not know, even though i have been putting out words discussing the matter at length