Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ballz posted:

I've watched this about 30 times over the last day and a half. :kimchi:

https://twitter.com/MonsterMazeYT/status/1380176962627440642

I can't stop laughing at the moment it reaches for the black key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I haven't played BotW since 2018 and I just started a new save a couple days ago. The game is good. I'm having so much fun going through the world again. I've just been exploring and have barely fought any enemies for almost 15 hours now, but Tarrey Town is almost complete. I wish there was a sound slider though. The shrine sensor is so loud compared to everything else in the game.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i agree with that, the sheikah sensor could use some work. it's introduced to you in the worst possible way too, if you follow the main story: you get it at the peaks tower, following which there is a literal straight line path to two shrines that are obviously just sitting right out there in the open. and your sensor will be going off for the entire time you're going towards them. never have i seen a more obvious invitation to turn the annoying beeping thing off.

night slime
May 14, 2014
After you upgrade it you can change it to hunt for stuff that isn't shrines, I think.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

yes, and that doesn't make it any less of an annoying beeping thing?

night slime
May 14, 2014
95% of your post is complaining about shrines and its beeping during shrine searching

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i feel like you just completely didn't read what i actually said. we were talking about how it's too loud and shrill, which it is, and i then provided an example of how most players' first impression of it is also coincidentally engineered to be as awful as possible.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I don’t mind the sensor noise at all. It’s definitely noticeable, but if I have the sensor looking for something I want to know when it gets a hit. Everyone is different, but it seems weird to me to object to a noticeable sensor noise. If I hadn’t played hundreds and hundreds of hours of this game I’d assume based on posts itt that it was a horrible piercing sound and not just a normal beeping.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Loucks posted:

I don’t mind the sensor noise at all. It’s definitely noticeable, but if I have the sensor looking for something I want to know when it gets a hit. Everyone is different, but it seems weird to me to object to a noticeable sensor noise. If I hadn’t played hundreds and hundreds of hours of this game I’d assume based on posts itt that it was a horrible piercing sound and not just a normal beeping.

As a person with really terrible eyesight that wants to buy this, the sensor is something I actually came here to ask about.

What can you have it look for? When it’s going off, how close are you? Like is it actually useful? Does it escalate in volume or pitch or speed or anything the closer you get?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

BurningBeard posted:

As a person with really terrible eyesight that wants to buy this, the sensor is something I actually came here to ask about.

What can you have it look for? When it’s going off, how close are you? Like is it actually useful? Does it escalate in volume or pitch or speed or anything the closer you get?

At first it only looks for shrines. Then you can upgrade it to look for any item you can take a photo of (treasure chests, ingredients, etc.) if you like. The sensor beeps repeatedly when you are close to a target. It works in three dimensions, but the indicator only tells you whether you are getting closer or further from the target basically, so you have to occasionally figure out that you’re actually on top of the item bc it’s in a hidden cafe or something. It takes a little practice and is occasionally infuriating, but ultimately it’s super useful.

I’m sure there are demonstrations on YouTube. Probably worth having a look at those.

night slime
May 14, 2014

BurningBeard posted:

You can have it look for stuff you have photos of (wildlife/monsters/equipment/materials/treasure) and you can also buy random photos of stuff if you didn't take them. Beeping gradually increases as you get closer to the item.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

it definitely wasn't meant for usage like that, and i don't think it would be helpful for what you're looking for.

for starters you need to play like ten hours of the game before unlocking the sensor and its expanded functionality. and then it does not indicate distance in any way, only direction.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The sensor is fine and helpful and the beeping is not annoying.

For reference, I’ve played through the game to 100% completion three times, the last time was earlier this month.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Loucks posted:

At a hidden cafe or something.

Zelda Megathread: a hidden cafe or something

night slime
May 14, 2014
Zelda Megathread: grown man got valium shot into his rear end because he heard the Sheikah Sensor

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

night slime posted:

Zelda Megathread: grown man got valium shot into his rear end because he heard the Sheikah Sensor

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The sensor's range is pretty short, though I think it's longer for shrines. It always detects the nearest matching item in range, and the strength of the response is based on the angle between Link's movement and a straight line to the target, so that if you're going directly toward it it'll ping louder than if you're approaching it obliquely. That means it only activates while you're moving. It works in three dimensions, so if you're standing above the target, it'll only give you a strong response if you're falling or climbing straight down.

If you don't like the sound it makes, I suggest disabling the sensor altogether.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I like the sensor and don't mind the beeping, I just wish it didn't seem so much louder than the other sounds in the game.

Trying and failing to do menu overload to get infinite gems. I can overload the menu with 2 bows, but then when I trade in my royal weapon it doesn't duplicate and I lose the weapon.

Edit: Watched another video and I forgot to unequip the bow through the quick weapon change menu. I have so much money now.

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 12, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

if only we could mod this game and give the sensor its true voice: "Hey, listen!"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I found the sensor really useful on finding stealthfin trout and treasure chests so :shrug:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao gently caress

https://twitter.com/smaho_neko/status/1381603621284941834?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://i.imgur.com/CJy9h1z.gifv

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Nanigans posted:

For reference, I’ve played through the game to 100% completion three times, the last time was earlier this month.

What

Why

How

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming 100% includes korok seeds

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Yeah, that’s just uncut depravity. I’ve been screwing around working toward all the seeds on one save file and can’t imagine doing it more than once, if at all.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

There is no god.

brb, installing thomas the tank engine replacements for dragons in skyrim VR

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I just now noticed the spongebob shield.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

How many hours did that take?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I'm assuming 100% includes korok seeds

What’s a korok seed

(I mean 100% as in shrines and story—korok seeds are insanity)

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Nanigans posted:

What’s a korok seed

(I mean 100% as in shrines and story—korok seeds are insanity)

Okay, but when you say 100% people are going to assume you mean as shown on the in-game completion counter. Which does include korok seeds.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only have a handful of seeds left to find but I say gently caress upgrading all the armor, at least finding koroks isn't just farming 99 bear asses

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

farming 99 bear asses

title of your sex tape?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Bloop posted:

I only have a handful of seeds left to find but I say gently caress upgrading all the armor, at least finding koroks isn't just farming 99 bear asses

good news! there's like 200 more korok seeds than are needed to get all the upgrades... i think it's like 500 for the upgrades and more like 700 total out there :shepface:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'll be 100% honest here- on my primary BOTW game I farmed korok seeds during that one week period where there was a glitch that allowed you do get infinite seeds on the Akkala Tech Lab before it was patched. I wanted full slots, damnit.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

good news! there's like 200 more korok seeds than are needed to get all the upgrades... i think it's like 500 for the upgrades and more like 700 total out there :shepface:
there's 900 seeds and 470-something are required for all upgrades. i have no idea why people keep referring to this like it's a negative though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

title of your sex tape?

I'm more of a Lusting for Inanimate Orb type, honestly

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Amppelix posted:

there's 900 seeds and 470-something are required for all upgrades. i have no idea why people keep referring to this like it's a negative though.

It's only a negative if you're Jirard and have to have the 100% on the game screen, which by the way also includes having to visit every area on the map that has an area name pop up. So if you happened to miss some small area with a name, you could get all korok seeds and all shrines and still be at 99%.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I found seeds 'organically' (pun intended) until I had full slots, then I officially stopped giving a hoot. Whoever made the prize for 100% seeds a pile of poo was a genius.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Thanks for the info on the sensor folks. Will work for my needs. It’s not ideal, but eh what is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

BurningBeard posted:

Thanks for the info on the sensor folks. Will work for my needs. It’s not ideal, but eh what is?

The Master Cycle