Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Upon rewatching, I guess Tucker wasn't actually in the Andre the Giant battle royal?

Imagine being Tucker. You get over as part of this goofy but fun tag team. You get to be peripherally featured as part of the MITB storyline, but then turn heel and get split up. No feud or follow-up. You get drafted to RAW and lose to Richochet (lol) in under a minute and then disappear.

But you should be thankful to have the opportunity to work for a company that can run your poo poo into the ground (after years of build-up) at a moment's notice because of Vince's McMahon's oatmeal brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Ad by Khad posted:

vince will but dunn wont

Kevin, I have something much more exciting for you! When I die, you will be buried alive with me.

Oh. Goody.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Someone dub this scene over the Fiend's entrance for Botchamania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsNIFD7TxwU

Needs to be Cole screaming "BOX-LIKE STRUCTURE"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I thought people in these threads exaggerated about the camera cuts, but I guess I didn't notice how bad it was since I stare at my phone during RAW.

There was a sequence in the 3 Way men's match where Daniel Bryan was going wild with kicks and dropkicks and it changed angles every 3 seconds. I had no idea where anyone was in context to each other and actually got a little physically sick by the end of it. That's a good way to get people to watch.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i was listening to the b&v show and i guess i can see a lot of the booking making more sense if they are planning a draft. put roman on raw to see if it can help the ratings recover there.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

The camera cuts also telegraph a bunch of stuff once you pick up on their tendencies. Like when Crews was going to throw the ring steps, they just showed him and not Big E, and then when Crews threw the steps downwards, we were shocked to find that Big E had moved!

Whereas if it was going to be successful, they would have started with a shot of the whole scene and then zoomed in or cut or did some dumb poo poo while the stairs were on their way downwards the instant before they hit

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Tato posted:

There was a sequence in the 3 Way men's match where Daniel Bryan was going wild with kicks and dropkicks and it changed angles every 3 seconds. I had no idea where anyone was in context to each other and actually got a little physically sick by the end of it. That's a good way to get people to watch.

Every 3 seconds? They're getting better!

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewtrich/status/968941863087550467

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yeah. Anytime they start zooming in super tight on someone in a submission, I immediately think "Ok someone is moving on the outside to interfere" instead of "Wow this guy might tap out!"

Really adds to the drama.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TlptonpGOQ

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

i was listening to the b&v show and i guess i can see a lot of the booking making more sense if they are planning a draft. put roman on raw to see if it can help the ratings recover there.

i watched it on twitch last night and bryan booing so loud into his microphone it echoed in his sound dampening room had me almost in tears

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
One of these days a viewer will literally die from a seizure because of the camera cuts and his/her family will sue the living daylights out of WWE. Only then will the camera cuts finally stop.

Minidust posted:

Also how in the hell does Tamina get booked in TWO wrestlemania matches :psyduck:
Blackmail

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They just did a draft. It's too early for another one.

Cesaro vs. Roman seems like the only way to go. Dunno what you do with Edge and Bryan though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

Yeah. Anytime they start zooming in super tight on someone in a submission, I immediately think "Ok someone is moving on the outside to interfere" instead of "Wow this guy might tap out!"

Really adds to the drama.

I've picked up on this with AEW in a few specific instances, too. Whenever someone is in the ring and the hard cam closes in tight on them, like uncomfortably tight, you know they're going to get jumped. Happened most recently that I can remember with KENTA jumping Mox.

Definitely some very easy tells with camera work that kind of zap the intrigue and mystery out of things.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I WISH the draft was now so when survivor series rolls around its like "eh a few of these crossovers could be mildly spicy"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's much easier to notice when wwe does it imo because you go 'wow, they're easing up on the camera cuts for the moment'

nothing wrong with trying to hide a surprse attack from the camera

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Someone please get the clip of Sheamus brogue kicking riddle square in the face

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i believe the stupid rear end hole is either Emilio Revelo or Steve Rubin but it might be someone completely different from that. i simply do not know, even though i have been putting out words discussing the matter at length

I don’t think a single post has ever summed up all of online wrestling discussion so succinctly.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

They just did a draft. It's too early for another one.

Ok what about a shakeup, then?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pinche Rudo posted:

Someone please get the clip of Sheamus brogue kicking riddle square in the face

https://streamable.com/31k4sy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Holy gently caress that is ugly. And moving on from the belt, that kick was pretty nasty too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is the whole Edge experiment over now? Was it worth it?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good Guy Sheamus kicking the poo poo out of a rapist is a whole mood

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Pylons posted:

I will say, everyone is really looking like a dumb motherfucker when they face Roman right now and don't bring a counter to Jey Uso.

100% the original plan was for this to be Christian and he’d have matches against Jey Uso leading up to Mania and they got cocky and didn’t nail him down when they should’ve.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Been thinking about Ripley’s entrance last night and how it is easily one of the top three worst live music entrances i’ve ever seen in wrestling.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sheamus looked like he was stiffing the poo poo out of Matt Riddle and I love it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is the whole Edge experiment over now? Was it worth it?

even odds that they argue edge pinned bryan first and they push the angle to backlash - or worse, summerslam

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Critical posted:

i watched it on twitch last night and bryan booing so loud into his microphone it echoed in his sound dampening room had me almost in tears

"gooooooeewww"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gonz posted:

Been thinking about Ripley’s entrance last night and how it is easily one of the top three worst live music entrances i’ve ever seen in wrestling.

That one, Downstait, what's the third?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

StarkRavingMad posted:

Run DMC

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

motherbox posted:

Second night was mostly garbage (particularly compared to the first, where every match other than Braun/Shane and the Women's Tag Team mess was very good), but I guess I'm not getting the hate for the main event, which was honestly pretty enjoyable? Maybe it would have been better to let Sasha and Bianca headline night two so that night two wasn't a series of heel wins and we could have gone home on the happy, feel-good moment, but Roman as a dominant heel has been good and Smackdown has a lot of rising faces to take a run at him (Cesaro and Big E both seem well-positioned, and they finally seem to notice that Cesaro actually exists, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up). In hindsight, the decision to put Bryan in the match is kind of a confusing one if you don't want him to win or eat the pin so Roman can lose the title without being pinned, but it makes sense if they wanted to hedge against Edge not being able to carry a full main event match on his own or if they just decided the three had good chemistry and wanted some variety on a card that was almost entirely singles matches. If they had stuck it on Edge it probably would have been in limbo until Summerslam and putting it on Bryan would have let him face...I dunno, Rollins? Him and Zayn would be fun I guess.

There are people here who hate EVERYTHING so if you want to like something I wouldn’t mind them. But, we are long past the point though where WWE has earned people being mad at it so I also don’t necessarily think it is worth it to try to dissuade them from their stance either.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gonz posted:

Lemmy forgetting the words at Mania 21 and just going yabble-yabble-yabble-Game-yabble-yabble-yabble-aaake-it was so, so, so much better than last night

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a match having a bad finish can sour people real hard on something that was otherwise fine, and roman pinning both edge and bryan simultaneously is just Rough

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Looks like Peacock added Raws through 1996 now.

I can continue my '97 watchthrough!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

I guess it's not an entrance so it's questionable if it'd count but DX band doing the anthem is up there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gonz posted:

She sounded like she was performing someone else's song. Like audio is always improved in post but she was singing off beat and off key in a way that made it sound like she only sorta knew the song.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

One of these days a viewer will literally die from a seizure because of the camera cuts and his/her family will sue the living daylights out of WWE. Only then will the camera cuts finally stop.
Blackmail

Lol no they won’t they’ll just put a warning at the beginning of the show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

StarkRavingMad posted:

Anyone have a link for the Downstait one?
Had no luck finding it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Viewer discretion is advised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcJaJy7fjY

Note: this was also the big reveal for Cody's horrible neck tattoo

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the fiend stuff is just embarrassing, eugh, the absolute pits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol no they won’t they’ll just put a warning at the beginning of the show.

They'll put a disclaimer stating that by watching you accept full responsibility for the show trying to kill you.