Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Crafty posted:

I really want those new Xbox wireless headphones, but they’re not available anywhere unless I want to pay +50% on eBay to scalpers. I’ve been keeping an eye out since they launched but not got close so far, and it’s getting annoying now. :(

Amazon UK are taking orders for delivery next Friday (23rd April) as I type this.

E: Gone :(

MikeTheCoolOne fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I’m taking it seriously now, I have the stockinformer site open with an alarm.

The irony is that I had an opportunity to buy them from very.co.uk around launch, but the delivery date wasn’t until April 3rd - and there was no goddamn way I was going to wait that long.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I don't think the wireless headset ever sold out in Australia.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Just got some through very.co.uk, my extra effort has paid off. Looking forward to giving them a go.

Been playing a ton of GTA 4 lately, I think I'm in the 'prefer it to GTA 5 camp' now. The shooting is definitely shitter, but the world and the story are much more interesting to me - plus the driving is great. I was getting annoyed at the chase camera angle on the cars when turning when I first started, because it defaults to this 'Handbrake cam' which is really dumb as it makes it impossible to see where you're going. Once you turn that off it's awesome.

My xbox to-do list now consists of completing GTA 4, getting back into Control and completing that, starting a Yakuza game on gamepass, completing Mercenaries, completing Sekiro (just killed the two big apes),. I'd also like to retry Cyberpunk now they've patched it a bit.

Hoping there's a decent release of BF6 news soon, and ideally we'll get a demo map like the good old days.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is buying three years of Gold and then a month of GPU still the cheapest way to max out GPU for new users, or is EA Play eligible for a 1:1 conversion as well and thus even cheaper?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pirate Jet posted:

Is buying three years of Gold and then a month of GPU still the cheapest way to max out GPU for new users, or is EA Play eligible for a 1:1 conversion as well and thus even cheaper?

EA Play isn't 1:1, I think a year of it gets you 4 months of GPU.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Even for new users? Because I know if you’re a new user XBL Gold will be 1:1 for the very first conversion.

God this poo poo is so confusing. I’m kinda willing to go back to the days before subscriptions became popular again.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah this is true. Load her up with 3 years of gold and then do the upgrade (it’s £1 if you’re new, and I think 10.99 otherwise).

Join us in Phil Spencers gaming utopia where everything is free, and everyone is happy.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Pirate Jet posted:

Even for new users? Because I know if you’re a new user XBL Gold will be 1:1 for the very first conversion.

God this poo poo is so confusing. I’m kinda willing to go back to the days before subscriptions became popular again.

Yeah I don't know the deal with the Gold thing at this point. I got a deal on a year of EA Play for $21 that got me 4 months of GPU, which I stacked on a 2 week trial that came with a gamepad plus a free month they gave me for turning on autopay for 10 minutes.

Shits complicated.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Crafty posted:

Just got some through very.co.uk, my extra effort has paid off. Looking forward to giving them a go.

Been playing a ton of GTA 4 lately, I think I'm in the 'prefer it to GTA 5 camp' now. The shooting is definitely shitter, but the world and the story are much more interesting to me - plus the driving is great. I was getting annoyed at the chase camera angle on the cars when turning when I first started, because it defaults to this 'Handbrake cam' which is really dumb as it makes it impossible to see where you're going. Once you turn that off it's awesome.

My xbox to-do list now consists of completing GTA 4, getting back into Control and completing that, starting a Yakuza game on gamepass, completing Mercenaries, completing Sekiro (just killed the two big apes),. I'd also like to retry Cyberpunk now they've patched it a bit.

Hoping there's a decent release of BF6 news soon, and ideally we'll get a demo map like the good old days.

I played up to hitting lvl 8 in Cyberpunk on my original Xbone before the latest patch and it's night and day on the Series X. Loading is super fast, considerably less noticeable texture popping, lootable items still can't be looted sometimes and the elevator in Arasaka tower with Jackie still had a bug for me (although this time he just face planted in front of the elevator instead of refusing to get on the drat thing in my first save.)

I think I'm like level 26 or 27 now with maxed out street cred on my new save.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah I don't know the deal with the Gold thing at this point. I got a deal on a year of EA Play for $21 that got me 4 months of GPU, which I stacked on a 2 week trial that came with a gamepad plus a free month they gave me for turning on autopay for 10 minutes.

Shits complicated.

I’m already all good on GPU - but because I’m “the gamer dude” amongst my friends, they’re coming to me for advice on how to stack it at its cheapest as they acquire Series X’s. Just a few weeks ago a buddy did the XBL Gold conversion on my advice and it did work just fine, three years of GPU for $180 - but now another guy is asking, and if EA Play is also 1:1 for the first conversion that’s even cheaper at only $30 a year. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

I’m already all good on GPU - but because I’m “the gamer dude” amongst my friends, they’re coming to me for advice on how to stack it at its cheapest as they acquire Series X’s. Just a few weeks ago a buddy did the XBL Gold conversion on my advice and it did work just fine, three years of GPU for $180 - but now another guy is asking, and if EA Play is also 1:1 for the first conversion that’s even cheaper at only $30 a year. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

No, it's not 1:1 and never has been. EA Play converts to GPU at a 3:1 ratio (12 months becomes 4) whether you're a new subscriber or not.

Gold is still the way to go.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I find it funny that Xbox Game Pass has a category literally labeled “Metroidvania”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kevyn posted:

I find it funny that Xbox Game Pass has a category literally labeled “Metroidvania”

The nintendo store had a "metroidvania" sale recently

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

joylessdivision posted:

I played up to hitting lvl 8 in Cyberpunk on my original Xbone before the latest patch and it's night and day on the Series X. Loading is super fast, considerably less noticeable texture popping, lootable items still can't be looted sometimes and the elevator in Arasaka tower with Jackie still had a bug for me (although this time he just face planted in front of the elevator instead of refusing to get on the drat thing in my first save.)

I think I'm like level 26 or 27 now with maxed out street cred on my new save.

Loading and frame rate were always solid right from day 1, but there was a bunch of weird bugs that ranged from quite jarring to stopping you complete tasks. There was also the funny T pose bug, and the entire population hitting the cowering crouch stance for no reason. I had the Jackie flailing around in the elevator, flip-flopping all over the place in what was meant to be a tender scene. I found the story and the gameplay pretty good, so I'll get back to it at some point.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

That map can for sure gently caress off

Any game made by Respawn that isn’t Titanfall 3 can gently caress off because they prevent Respawn from making Titanfall 3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

Any game made by Respawn that isn’t Titanfall 3 can gently caress off because they prevent Respawn from making Titanfall 3.

Yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

:yeah:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Pretty sure it's the star wars contract slowing them down. Apex insured we get a Titanfall 3, so it's just about resource priority now.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Crafty posted:

Loading and frame rate were always solid right from day 1, but there was a bunch of weird bugs that ranged from quite jarring to stopping you complete tasks. There was also the funny T pose bug, and the entire population hitting the cowering crouch stance for no reason. I had the Jackie flailing around in the elevator, flip-flopping all over the place in what was meant to be a tender scene. I found the story and the gameplay pretty good, so I'll get back to it at some point.

Yeah I knew when I bought it "This is going to be a mess, lets see how the Bone handles it and if it sucks, I can wait til I get a Series X". Like I said I didn't really play far enough to see any of the really crazy t-posing bugs or quests breaking, just the issue of Jackie not getting in the elevator which I fixed by just reloading the save. I was actually surprised by how minimal the bugs I ran into during that initial save were. I'd heard about how broken it was and other than the previously mentioned elevator bug, my biggest problems were the loading times and pretty severe texture popping.

Now most of what I've encountered has been what I would consider to be like..."Fallout 3 on 360" jank as far as items getting stuck in the world or bodies falling in awkward ways after death, mildly annoying in most cases and hilarious in others.

I did hit an invisible rock in the desert while blasting through the dunes on a motorcycle, so that was neat. Zooming along at 180 or something and suddenly my view switches from 3rd person to first as V is flying into the ground.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Pretty sure it's the star wars contract slowing them down. Apex insured we get a Titanfall 3, so it's just about resource priority now.

They literally cancelled Titanfall 3 to make Apex, though.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Kevyn posted:

I don't get why it's MetroidVANIA. I mean Metroid did it first and Castlevania just ended up copping it. Why do they get in the name?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

joylessdivision posted:

I did hit an invisible rock in the desert while blasting through the dunes on a motorcycle, so that was neat. Zooming along at 180 or something and suddenly my view switches from 3rd person to first as V is flying into the ground.

I had my car flip over at one point, at least the bugs are usually quite entertaining. There’s some amazing compilation videos of insane things going on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

I don't get why it's MetroidVANIA. I mean Metroid did it first and Castlevania just ended up copping it. Why do they get in the name?

SOTN was good, unlike Metroid :grin:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

They literally cancelled Titanfall 3 to make Apex, though.

I don't think there was a 3 even considered at that point. They say they wanted to do apex and the work on it shows. Plus they're now rumoured to be dropping a pilot into Apex and they've already confirmed 3 is ago. Apex saved them if anything and it compelled EA to invest in them as their primary FPS shooter for the last year or so.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lammasu posted:

It was coined to describe sotn and its legacy as metroid inspired.
Specifically referring to metroid-like cv games, not a genre as it has become today

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't think there was a 3 even considered at that point. They say they wanted to do apex and the work on it shows. Plus they're now rumoured to be dropping a pilot into Apex and they've already confirmed 3 is ago. Apex saved them if anything and it compelled EA to invest in them as their primary FPS shooter for the last year or so.

That pilot rumor has been around since people got mad at the exclusion of wall running when Apex first released. Admittedly, I don’t follow the game regularly because I think it plays like poo poo.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

So if Homefront is able to play Timesplitters 2 fine ... is there going to be just a stand-alone Timesplitters 2? Please

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Lammasu posted:

Because it makes the word really fun to say

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It doesn't play Timesplitters 2 fine.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

That pilot rumor has been around since people got mad at the exclusion of wall running when Apex first released. Admittedly, I don’t follow the game regularly because I think it plays like poo poo.

I'm only saying rumor because we've now seen the character and their abilities because certain folks are always going through the files, we're just waiting for official word when the next season starts. And you should try it again, it's the best fps going right now, especially BR.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

American McGay posted:

It doesn't play Timesplitters 2 fine.

ah beans, I thought it did minus co-op/mp

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It might. The demo I saw had plenty of visual bugs akin to what you'd expect playing the game in an emulator on PC though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think it has audio bugs as well

My brother got Timesplitters 3 running on Dolphin at 1080p60fps and it was glorious, we played the co-op for hours.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lammasu posted:

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's the deal with metroidvanias? Have you heard about this? Have you seen this? They are saying it's a combination of Metroid and Castlevania.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway

Cargo on ships and shipments on trucks

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

Cargo on ships and shipments on trucks

Cargo on ships, cargo on planes, cargo pretty much on anything

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cargo in my shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

bushisms.txt posted:

The last map they added to Apex Legends was, according to one of the devs, content from a canceled Titanfall 3 project and you can really tell from the design, it's very clearly following the map design philosophies of the Titanfall games whereas the other two Apex maps would be awkward with titans.

Having said that, apparently the next season of Apex Legends will make Titanfall fans very happy or something, which had enough people frustrated that Titanfall 3 was trending globally on Twitter. Respawn knows that people want more Titanfall but I can't see it happening unless they leave EA which seems unlikely now Vince Zampella got himself a cozy position on their board.

bushisms.txt posted:

they've already confirmed 3 is ago

Are you sure about this? What's the source? Everything I've seen indicates the IP is dead but I would love to be wrong.