Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lmfao rhea is 100% gassed, announcers don't even know wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Okay I'm kinda kramer-ing into the thread not having read the last 10 pages, but I want everyone to know I had a great time both nights live-posting with everyone for Wrestlemania, it was consistently hilarious reading everyone's posts.

I haven't seen tonight's RAW yet (although I have it PVR'd), but my ultimate thoughts from a very very casual wrestling fan that watches Mania, the Rumble, and maybe 2 WWE and 2 AEW shows a year (kinda organized by when they aired):

-The 1-hour preshow was painful both nights - the recaps felt like they went on forever, the commentary wasn't particularly insightful, and they just felt too long. I real-life cringed when Lawler said that homeless people should just "buy a house".

-The impromptu promos at the beginning of night 1 were eye-opening, to see who could actually improvise/act. It was something we don't see very often, with how scripted everything feels. I really liked Kevin Owens' and Seth Rollins' promos most.

-The rain delay was funny/sad; I know WWE wants to have these huge, massive attendance outdoor events but I don't think they work well here. There was a slip on the ropes with Lashley/McIntyre and I winced when I saw it happen; glad no one was hurt

-The fukken giant skeleton and the comments in the thread around it slayed both nights

-Night 1 was so, so fun to watch, with some great matches. Belair/Banks was an incredible match, although I don't watch as much as most here. I was very pleasantly surprised how fun Bad Bunny was. I am happy to report that night 1 of Wrestlemania 2021 was an excellent event, and even the bad stuff was (mostly) funny-bad.

-Night 1 low point was 100000% the women's tag match thing - I don't know what the plan was here, but it was an unfun match to watch, the announcing was awful, I don't know why Natalya/Tamina went through

-Speaking on announce team, I can not remember ever hearing so many bad/wrong calls in one show before, let alone a wrestlemania.

-Night 2 was very funny, but for exactly the opposite of Night 1. Matches were boring and plodding. The announce team seemed scared of saying the wrong thing after probably getting chewed out night 1, and I felt a LOT more dead air. Owns/Zayn in particular had a LOT of "empty air", which made it feel very cold. I commented on the finish in particular for this if you watch it again.

-Fiend/Orton was among the funniest poo poo I have ever seen in Wrestling. I truly stand behind it being "so bad it wraps back around into good". Trying to explain the match to a friend:

I genuinely think Alexa Bliss' demon look thing is cool and I hope it sticks around, please don't slip on face oil

-Actually bad: Jax/Baszler/Natalya/Tamina was painful, also where was Reginald.

-Still bad: The Nigerian Drum Fight had a million Chekov's drums around the ring, and they used none of them. The Nigerian Gong (wat) made the cool sound when it was used. I don't know why they couldn't let Big E in the charity outfit at home win the match.

-Always bad: I was very in to Asuka/Ripley, but I once again don't understand the booking/finish here. Good idea to bring up more credible wrestlers is good, but it didn't seem to make sense to me if anyone can just challenge a champion without any action to make it earned. Again I don't watch as much as others but this was weird!

-Good...and then bad: I really, really enjoyed Bryan/Reigns/Edge up until the end. I was very very happy with so many of the fun 3-way spots: to see WWE ACTUALLY HAVING FUN with the "everyone gets to try a submission hold", the DOUBLE submission hold against Reigns - the silly stuff worked so well. I don't understand Reigns winning again, though.
I know Edge is probably unable to commit/work a big road tour/weekly shows all the time, but it doesn't mean he has to keep the belt long after the night. I also didn't notice the "Edge was on top of Bryan" thing others brought up after at the time, but in retrospect it's dumb. I haven't seen tonight's RAW like I said if they addressed it already.

-The vibrating Roman Reigns CGI thing is the hardest I've laughed in at least a week

Anyway, in conclusion, watching with everyone here absolutely made the night for me, and you, the person reading this, are a funny person with good opinions!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I used Wrestlemania weekend as the test to see if after my six or eight or whatever months of not watching the weekly television it was time to come back. It is extremely not time to come back.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So I didn't watch Raw, are Alexa and Bray just going their separate ways now? Was that Mania match just Vince breaking up another team? Is Alexa still magic?

Is THE LORE OF ALEXA different from THE LORE OF THE FIEND now?

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

CarlCX posted:

I used Wrestlemania weekend as the test to see if after my six or eight or whatever months of not watching the weekly television it was time to come back. It is extremely not time to come back.

Are you familiar with T_BAR or MACSE? they're both in the hurt locker now nad it's gonna be a PRETTY interesting backlash if you ask me

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
LMAO did rhea actually bounce her face off the mat on that ddt, what a loving shitshow

this match had 42069 botches holy poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mods make this the background music for all WWE threads

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CarlCX posted:

wrestlemania now extends until wrestlemania backlash so you're in for a few more weeks i'm afraid

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The Raw after Wrestlemania where anything can happen.

What did we get?

Viking Raiders return.
Charlotte return (wasn't she only gone a month?)

uh, that's it? I guess they are not doing any NXT call ups this year to surprise us

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Astro7x posted:

uh, that's it? I guess they are not doing any NXT call ups this year to surprise us

who would be called up tbh

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

BaronVanAwesome posted:

-Always bad: I was very in to Asuka/Ripley, but I once again don't understand the booking/finish here. Good idea to bring up more credible wrestlers is good, but it didn't seem to make sense to me if anyone can just challenge a champion without any action to make it earned. Again I don't watch as much as others but this was weird!

The match didn't get much build because it was probably plan C. Plan A was Lacey winning the title from Asuka at Elimination Chamber and then facing Charlotte at WM over who gets to gently caress Ric Flair (and the title, maybe, who cares). Lacey got shoot pregnant, so gently caress it, onto plan B: Asuka vs Charlotte... oh wait, Charlotte got the covid because 80% of the roster is anti-maskers who think the pandemic is a hoax. So onto Plan C: have a bad match with no chemistry at WM that is somehow better than the previous two options.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

What did we get?

Viking Raiders return.

i dunno man the LORE OF THE FIEND just got deeper and deeper

deeper and deeper

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

graph posted:

who would be called up tbh

Is adam Cole ever getting called up?

Balor?

Io??

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Astro7x posted:

What did we get?

Viking Raiders return.

Perhaps you missed TBAR and MACE

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Astro7x posted:

There really isn't anyone too call up that isn't involved in something. The 2 call ups they did do were at the Rumble with Rhea and Damien Priest.

Maybe they call Io up for Smackdown? or Finn comes back but he doesn't count and probably stay at NXT.

Cole still has more matches with the former members of UE.VVV oh they totally will

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 13, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Balor?

Io??

They're going to run the UE Breakup into the ground like Gargano/Ciampa

Balor is probably more of a Smackdown guy they feed to Roman if anything.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I actually thought the logical continuation for Damien Priest was to feud with Sheamus, and have him come out at Backlash to a new unique song Bad Bunny made for him, to make Damien a star.

Instead, lost a handicap match.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alaois posted:

praying for Slapjack

WHERE THE HELL IS SLAPJACK

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Balor?

Io??

HHH wouldn't be able to save Cole from the height jokes and the burials to come
Finn explicitly asked to be sent back to NXT
Io's ceiling would be current-Asuka where there's ideas for her only as a backup option to the backup option when everything else has gone wrong
Gargano and Ciampa already got called up and made a joke in record time

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

they broke up the hurt business lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chris James 2 posted:

Alexa Bliss says she doesn't need the Fiend to realize her potential, and reveals new friend Lily the doll who does a jump scare to the camera
Bray Wyatt says he feels reborn in the Firefly Funhouse and that he'll always have his puppets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mf35D7K_8

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe actually do something with the 6,000 people already on the main roster instead of just calling up more randos to do nothing

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
This is like a 3 hour show but i managed to finish it in an hour thanks to DVR fast forwarding, and i feel like i lost nothing except for an hour of my time

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

It's so hard because I know Charlotte and Roman are good wrestlers (I'll even go very good for Charlotte). But their characters went from "Is The Best" to "Is The Best Cry About It" and that's just it. Roman's has the Tribal Chief thing (that kinda lost steam), sure. They can both talk. They can both go. It's like Triple H Syndrome on steroids. They're B+ wrestlers pushed like SSS tier wrestlers and it's exhausting. Because EVERY TIME someone else gets like half their push, they're to the moon with it. Becky, Bayley, Sasha, Bianca, Lashley (and I don't even LIKE Bobby!), Ambrose, Owens.

I dunno. For all of the positive vibes I've seen from Wrestlemania there's just so much that reminds me why I had to quit.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
that was the worst post Wrestlemania raw since they decided post Wrestlemania raws were a thing

against all odds they continue to care even less about making a good product

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

Maybe actually do something with the 6,000 people already on the main roster instead of just calling up more randos to do nothing

The Raw and SD women's division could actually use more people, and NXT could use less. But then they sent Ember and Martinez back to NXT, so what the gently caress do I know

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So if I read the RAW results correctly, Alexa Bliss is no longer with The Fiend, but is still a spoopy creepy sexy girlywoman, but now has her own doll.

So essentially she gets to keep all the bad part of the poo poo she was doing, but is now solo? Will she be doing spoopy feuds with women wrestlers now? Totally independent of the Fiend? Does she still light people on fire? Does she still have black goo powers? Will she get new spoopy powers?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it looked like bray wyatt is gonna become brother love

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kunabomber posted:

it looked like bray wyatt is gonna become brother love

So leaning into Sweater Bray? Is he still all kiddie-show friendly, or is he leaning in a new direction?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
sorry i was just making a flip remark because he was going crazy with evangelist preacher talk

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bray looked like he was about to have a breakdown and instead started to hoedown

I kinda liked it, the Friend is nonsensical fun

Shinjobi posted:

WHERE THE HELL IS SLAPJACK
In the domain of RETRIBUTION, CATERING

Eat My Fuc posted:

I didn’t watch tonight i’m sure it wasn’t terrible it’s Asuka
It was terrible. Sorry.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
seriously this raw was insane with the amount of botches, i lost it when braun had to sell a lovely neckbreaker

edit: actually looking at it again, it looks like he forgot to sell and then did it well after the fact

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

seriously this raw was insane with the amount of botches, i lost it when braun had to sell a lovely neckbreaker

edit: actually looking at it again, it looks like he forgot to sell and then did it well after the fact

https://i.imgur.com/RO4GTBL.gifv

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kunabomber posted:

Yeah that one was completely on Braun

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Kunabomber posted:

I kinda thought it was a parody RKO and laughed really hard in the moment.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
why was braun wrestling with a shirt on

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Alexa's new doll, Lily

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

why was braun wrestling with a shirt on

same reason any wrestler does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

PostMania Raw, what was once the highlight of the year https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-raw-after-wrestlemania-37-338541
...Wrestlemania Backlash...

Wait is this the new name of the ppv? That's poo poo.