Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

The SU-152 is the best russian TD in the entire tree though so just get that.

I already own the ISU-152k. And I love the attractiveness of the Obj 268 v4. Plus I already own like 3 soviet heavy tanks at Tier 10 and I would absolutely love the Russian Tier 10 TD. So thats what I am aiming for.

Gorman Thomas posted:

The trick with the 101 is to lob heat shells in a support role for a bit and then brawl once you have equal/better hitpoints than the remaining enemies. Don't do the reverse because you don't have the view range for late game heroics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did circon stop playing WOT?

I haven't seen a video of his pop up in a long time so I went and checked his youtube channel and he hasn't posted anything in months.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

BadLlama posted:

I haven't seen a video of his pop up in a long time so I went and checked his youtube channel and he hasn't posted anything in months.

He burned out hard, but he still streams on Twitch occasionally.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

BadLlama posted:

There are just as many idiots on the other team as yours, always remember that.

big disagree. if you have idiots on your team that means they're visibly worse than the other team! :smug:

BadLlama posted:

maybe he got overwhelmed by all the new equipment like me, i really miss the 3 easy options of being BIS

hot take new equipment takes away some arcade feel of it being simple?

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 13, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Circon still streams on twitch guys chill out

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhte7W9FHo

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

There are definitely a lot of bad players with the Bourrasque now :smuggo: , but mine is enjoying itself, I treat this baby nice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama posted:

There are definitely a lot of bad players with the Bourrasque now :smuggo: , but mine is enjoying itself, I treat this baby nice.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

US Foreign Policy posted:

I just bought my T92 HMC.

I've spent 0$ on this game.

Eh, an SPG is a pretty lovely vehicle for your first tier 10, and is definitely a waste of female crew (and Cuck Norris,) but beyond that, congrats man! :toot:

Turmoilx posted:

my game crashed twice when i tried to play a couple days ago, pretty upset bout it, happening to anyone else?

This happened to me last night, but always when I was alt-tabbed to Chrome while the client was loading the next match, so I'm assuming that had something to do with it (plus I have a shitton of mods installed, as usual.)

BadLlama posted:

XVM should be banned.

You don't need XVM to notice all the bads camping in a corner on the minimap.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Waffenträger auf Panzer IV -- which gun?

I assume the situation is still the same as with the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffanträger, ie. if you want to snipe you get the top 128mm, if you want to peek around corners and blap, the 150mm?

As others have said, the 128 is the reliable option, the 150 is the comedy one. Note that, beyond all the obvious differences like the latter having higher alpha in exchange for worse pen and handling, it also has reduced elevation due to the larger breech that blocks its vertical movement against the chassis. So even if you can deal with the gun handling, you have the same mediocre depression plus half the elevation to work with, which does restrict you like it does on some of the autoloaders with oscillating turrets.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Getting the Obj 268 v4 is more of a headache than the loving Rinoceronte. Jesus Christ I can't win for poo poo in the Su101. Still trying to X3 and use up X5 bonuses getting the 122mm. But Its not fun not penning ANYTHING on this tank.

And from what I hear the Tier 9 Obj 263 is worse. :gonk:

As I said in our platoon last night, I played through the SU-101 before it was reworked into its current form. Now it has more armor and a bigger gun, but back then it was faster and had the T-54's gun as the top option. It was definitely a mediocre vehicle back then, but the upside was that flinging 330 pen HEAT at the front of everything made it doable.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Waffenträger auf Panzer IV -- which gun?

I assume the situation is still the same as with the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffanträger, ie. if you want to snipe you get the top 128mm, if you want to peek around corners and blap, the 150mm?

Don't forget you get more gun depression when you're backwards or sideways rather than pointing forwards, nice for hills and you get to back out faster.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5850459#fisherman_s_bay-mariuslecter-bat_-ch_tillon_bourrasque

Not an amazing game but got MT-15 mission done.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Hot drat, time to print some credits.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

Getting the Obj 268 v4 is more of a headache than the loving Rinoceronte. Jesus Christ I can't win for poo poo in the Su101. Still trying to X3 and use up X5 bonuses getting the 122mm. But Its not fun not penning ANYTHING on this tank.

And from what I hear the Tier 9 Obj 263 is worse. :gonk:

I really like the SU-101... sometimes. Those times coincide with me NOT being a T8 in a T10 game, because lol at trying to play a T8 tank with armour against T10 tanks. And the gun isn't very accurate so you have to get close, and the normal ammo isn't amazing so you have to fire a lot of HEAT, and...

You know, I'm not sure I like the SU-101 that much after all.

Now the Waffenträger auf Panzer IV? This thing I love. It finally feels like the tank the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger was TRYING to be. It feels quicker, it has better gun depression, it's just better. With the exception that it does the WG maneuver of suddenly jumping from four crew on the T8 to 6 crew on the T9. Luckily I had a bunch of 100% crew guys left over from various premiums so it wasn't a HUGE deal but retraining the skills on the entire crew loving bloooooooooooows.

This part of Crew 2.0 can't come soon enough.

E:

Sayara posted:

Don't forget you get more gun depression when you're backwards or sideways rather than pointing forwards, nice for hills and you get to back out faster.

Yep, that was a trick I already learned on the Rheinmetall, but it does bear repeating because "you have a lot more gun depression over your rear end" isn't exactly a common mechanic in the game.

What are you guys using for equipment on this thing? I think I have a rammer, an aiming device and binocs because my crew doesn't have enough view range on its own yet.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 13, 2021

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Sayara posted:

...and then you forget which way you're pointed and move the wrong direction out into the open. That muscle memory is hard to break.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Used to runs vents as well but then I had a need to go faster.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

saintonan posted:

...and then you forget which way you're pointed and move the wrong direction out into the open. That muscle memory is hard to break.

I do it when setting up an escape on the LT_432 or in rear-sidescraping russian heavies and boy do I feel silly.

BadLlama posted:

Used to runs vents as well but then I had a need to go faster.

Or turn. The Borq turns so slowly.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The most surprising thing about ranked was the number of ppl running turbochargers on heavies and mediums, is that the new clan wars meta? Even while playing the batchat it felt like STBs and TVPs were almost beating me to engagement areas.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So in the mystical world of console tanks

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/modern-armor-info-announcement/

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why is it that console tanks is always doing different things? I mean sometimes it real bad but PC tanks doesn't do anything at all, and we get maybe 3 new tech tree tanks a year now.

"Artillery free game play"

Well gentlemen, its been great, time to go buy a console.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 13, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The... what the gently caress?

Well, I guess that is one way to "evolve" the game.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

BadLlama posted:

"Artillery free game play"

:vince:

I've never tried console but maybe now is the time.... hell, maybe if this draws enough people we can get some hand-me-down common sense in PC.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A game. I had 3200 damage, 4 kills. We won the game. Our AE Phase 5 decided to push too far up the hill on Prokhorovka and weirdly nobody could support them, because the enemies were on the other side of the hill. He died.

After the game I got this lovely message:

"no odrazu widac po statach jaka cipka z cb naucz sie grac kurwo jebana a jak nie to bierz gre mario to bedzie dobra gra dla cb pzdr z ****** :)"

According to google translate: "well, you can see immediately after stats what pussy with cb learn to play a loving whore and if not, take a game mario it will be a good game for cb kisses with ****** :) "

Guy had a WR of 46,4%. In-game name los320. Like... dude... uhhh... I am sorry my WT auf PZ IV can't fire through mountains for you, when you refuse to fall back despite a lot of pinging.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Tell him to type his messages in English like a real man.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

saintonan posted:

Tell him to type his messages in English like a real man.

Or just "SIEMA PL?!??!?!!?!!??!!??!!?!!" until the message entry space won't let you add any more exclamation points or question marks.

Goddamned Brazilians and Poles, thinking every online game is a chat room... :colbert:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The Char Futur 4 is crazy good, I'm averaging 5k combined after 11 games and haven't hit ace tanker yet despite having multiple 1.3k exp games.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gorman Thomas posted:

The Char Futur 4 is crazy good, I'm averaging 5k combined after 11 games and haven't hit ace tanker yet despite having multiple 1.3k exp games.

It really is, just need to remember that you can't frontline yolo, and it's an amazing little tank.

I've got the T9 Batchat unlocked but not bought, think I'll get those when the Top of the Tree hits next week.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Finally grinded out the best 122mm on my SU-101

First game got nuked to hell and back. :cool:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5853070#ruinberg-mariuslecter-kv-2_r

https://i.imgur.com/qOYv8pS.mp4

e; Also, that T67 on my team... "theT67"

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 15, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

4500 damage and 4 kills, with ~1000 spotting on top in the Waffenträger auf Panzer IV, only good enough for a 1st class mastery :catte:

Holy poo poo this thing is good though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

4500 damage and 4 kills, with ~1000 spotting on top in the Waffenträger auf Panzer IV, only good enough for a 1st class mastery :catte:

Holy poo poo this thing is good though.

When the waffle works, it works magnificently.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Replay if you want to see me slaughter half a team. There's one purple guy in a Harbinger that I just utterly embarrassed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They are selling the Object 703 II again on the EU servers. I'm not telling anyone to spend money on this game, but if you ARE going to spend money on this game, the Object 703 II is one of the best, most fun T8 premiums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPoHr7iv_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwwDfCaRVaw

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Huh, I have this thing but I've only played three battles in it. I wonder why I didn't like it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I initially bounced off it too, but then I leveled the double penetrator line to T9 (well, T10 really, but I haven't bought the ST-II or sold the IS-3-II) and it clicked for me and now I love it.

That 122mm double gun at T8 is extremely good, it has good turret armour etc. And of course, the ability to double tap someone when you need to, is very powerful.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 16, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

Huh, I have this thing but I've only played three battles in it. I wonder why I didn't like it.

The gun is pretty derpy. I did everything to make it not as derpy and it feels a lot better.

I enjoyed the IS-2-II better, and looking at the stats I can see why: https://tanks.gg/compare/703-ii-122?t=is-2-ii

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The IS-2-II beats the 703 hands down for gun items, but the 703 murders the poo poo out of the IS-2 for armor.

I think I like the 703 more for the survivability and since its a russian tank the gun stats don't matter as Stalin blesses your shells.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

The IS-2-II beats the 703 hands down for gun items, but the 703 murders the poo poo out of the IS-2 for armor.

I think I like the 703 more for the survivability and since its a russian tank the gun stats don't matter as Stalin blesses your shells.

IS-2-II bounces spitballs and that is just about it. 703 has very deceivingly difficult armor to pen and bounces way more than it should. It is a great brawler while the IS-2-II is a good 2nd line tank.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I really like the SU-101... sometimes. Those times coincide with me NOT being a T8 in a T10 game, because lol at trying to play a T8 tank with armour against T10 tanks. And the gun isn't very accurate so you have to get close, and the normal ammo isn't amazing so you have to fire a lot of HEAT, and...

You know, I'm not sure I like the SU-101 that much after all.

Now the Waffenträger auf Panzer IV? This thing I love. It finally feels like the tank the Rheinmetall-Borsig Waffenträger was TRYING to be. It feels quicker, it has better gun depression, it's just better. With the exception that it does the WG maneuver of suddenly jumping from four crew on the T8 to 6 crew on the T9. Luckily I had a bunch of 100% crew guys left over from various premiums so it wasn't a HUGE deal but retraining the skills on the entire crew loving bloooooooooooows.

This part of Crew 2.0 can't come soon enough.

E:

Yep, that was a trick I already learned on the Rheinmetall, but it does bear repeating because "you have a lot more gun depression over your rear end" isn't exactly a common mechanic in the game.

What are you guys using for equipment on this thing? I think I have a rammer, an aiming device and binocs because my crew doesn't have enough view range on its own yet.

Rammer, Rotation Device, Binocs.
If you have recon + situational awareness, go optics. You can also run food. The 128 is one of the more accurate guns in the game (the swedes are in a class of their own).

As to your comment about the crew, I really don't mind. I just wish they would spread some of the skills now so they weren't so useless like the radioman. The big problem I have is just like German high tier heavies, there are no good trainers for them.

HFX fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 16, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"How bad can the TVP-VTU really be? I mean, both Skill and QB say it's a perfectly fine, if not especially fun T8 medium."

Well I bought it, played about 6 games in it (unlocked the turret upgrade on the way to the Skoda), then rolled blueprints to unlock the Skoda.

The TVP-VTU is not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Here's another 10 kill, 15k damage game in Steel Hunters. I got lucky at the start with an AFK, but the ending is pretty funny.