Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have the most powerful umamusume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i downloaded OSU and checkout a 2 star song i mean can't be that wild i can drat near do regular Jugemmu Sequencer on my PS4

oh gently caress you

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Brutal Garcon posted:

When anime characters are comically bad at cooking and produce food that glows purple or something, what do you think is meant to be wrong with it? Because it's clearly not bland.

... I want to try purple anime stew.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

nice try, but that doesnt count

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Brutal Garcon posted:

When anime characters are comically bad at cooking and produce food that glows purple or something, what do you think is meant to be wrong with it? Because it's clearly not bland.

Wish granted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZTGJQwcSWQ

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Brutal Garcon posted:

It's poison.

People misconstrue the characters as being bad at cooking, but in actuality, they just don't like to cook, so when they're made to do so, they will intentionally sabotage it with purple poison to make others scared of their cooking, so that way other people around them will opt to do the cooking for them instead.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Exactly. Gobta has lived most his life up to that point in an impoverished marginal village in a pseudo-medieval fantasy setting; his limited palette is merely being overwhelmed by the doubtlessly excellent flavors of Purple Anime Stew.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Isn't he unable to taste anything in slime form? Why not switch back?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Julias posted:

It's poison.

People misconstrue the characters as being bad at cooking, but in actuality, they just don't like to cook, so when they're made to do so, they will intentionally sabotage it with purple poison to make others scared of their cooking, so that way other people around them will opt to do the cooking for them instead.

The School Rumble Hot Pot In S2

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nitrousoxide posted:

Isn't he unable to taste anything in slime form? Why not switch back?

might feel like cannibalism

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aurora posted:

smh why are you watching the declining birthrates anime

I'm watching it too because it gives me similar sorts of fuzzies that The Great Pottery Throw does and I'd be 200% chuffed to see a licensed East Asian version (same with a GBBO)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

At only potential one? :raise:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

At only potential one? :raise:

If you wanna fork up $500 or so I'll happily get her to pot 6 for you.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:banjo: This loving slaps! :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kFQaTDJAk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
thinkin about killer7 for some reason today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGFugm5Uub8

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hello, Mr. Smith. The election is drawing near; have you decided on your vote? If you haven't, please let the Republic Party make the most of your precious vote. Thank you and have a nice day.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not finished the latest FFXIV patch but already saw an Itano Circus so patch is already A+

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnCAfywgDk

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I think about killer7 every Friday night.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
sometimes I think about eureka 7 ao and then I get sad

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I sometimes wonder how much of the symbolism I see in killer7, like the moon changing colours or the comic artist's name, is intentional and how much is the ravings of a mad person and suda just thought it seemed cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CubeTheory posted:

sometimes I think about eureka 7 ao and then I get sad

Sigh....

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

I sometimes wonder how much of the symbolism I see in killer7, like the moon changing colours or the comic artist's name, is intentional and how much is the ravings of a mad person and suda just thought it seemed cool.
100% Suda thinking it's cool AF.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

100% Suda thinking it's cool AF.

Sounds like someone never read this classic gamefaqs upload

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gamecube/562551-killer7/faqs/38193

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Love how this is the best song in the game and you only ever hear it in one room that you likely never spend more than 10 seconds in at a time.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

classic gamefaqs
Nope!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Julias posted:

Sounds like someone never read this classic gamefaqs upload

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gamecube/562551-killer7/faqs/38193

Didn’t this guy have a meltdown when his theories were shot down or something? I feel like I remember hearing that that was a thing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1Sehb_LRU

Acerbatus posted:

flower sun and rain is a game where in the last chapter, mondo walks up to a guy and has a conversation that goes

"I think I finally get it. So you're saying... I'm Flower, Sun and Rain."
"Yes."

and then he just walks away and they never explain what flower sun and rain actually means

i think like half of every suda script is meaningful and deep character writing and the other half is just him joking around with stuff that might have some kind of deeper meaning but, is probably just a dumb joke or something he thinks is cool. or something you can't even begin to parse without playing adventure games he made on the psx that have never gotten translated or ported given moonlight syndrome is where all his moon imagery originates from and, well. lol

actually i think even in fsr's case the whole meaning of flower, sun and rain is, dispensed in vague lyrics in the opening song, that is only in japanese and was completely cut out from the ds port

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I just got my second Moderna shot. I hope I get super powers from it other than COVID-19 protection

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Willo567 posted:

I just got my second Moderna shot. I hope I get super powers from it other than COVID-19 protection

Congratulations on becoming TOTALLY INVINCIBLE

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
osu is fun

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1Sehb_LRU

flower sun and rain is a game where in the last chapter, mondo walks up to a guy and has a conversation that goes

"I think I finally get it. So you're saying... I'm Flower, Sun and Rain."
"Yes."

and then he just walks away and they never explain what flower sun and rain actually means

i think like half of every suda script is meaningful and deep character writing and the other half is just him joking around with stuff that might have some kind of deeper meaning but, is probably just a dumb joke or something he thinks is cool. or something you can't even begin to parse without playing adventure games he made on the psx that have never gotten translated or ported given moonlight syndrome is where all his moon imagery originates from and, well. lol

actually i think even in fsr's case the whole meaning of flower, sun and rain is, dispensed in vague lyrics in the opening song, that is only in japanese and was completely cut out from the ds port

I think my favorite bizarre suda thing is the end of the 25th ward where you have 100 endings to pick from and they start off making sense ("go see so and so", "shoot so and so"), get strange ("character manifests in a real/voxel/anthropomorphic animal/etc body"), and then eventually stops pretending to even have anything to do with the game ("Betty Kane needs to come back in a big way" "Go listen to Sakanaction's newest release")

It takes literal hours to get through it all even if you just mash buttons so naturally there's another ending for seeing them all.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my favorite ending is the one that's just suda saying he liked twin peaks the return

also i appreciate that the "true" ending is just, a continuation of the gag of every silver case game ending with a guy saying "can you give me 50,000 yen"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Love how this is the best song in the game and you only ever hear it in one room that you likely never spend more than 10 seconds in at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYuvD1Chq5c

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Willo567 posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/562430921681403924/831786538425647134/nxc8skjx52t61.mp4

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Willo567 posted:

When I got my Pfizer, Bill Gates texted me and said "Send Nudes?"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I needed a Slayers fix so I decided to check out the author’s earlier series Lost Universe, doesn’t seem too terrible to me judging by the first episode and the animation isn’t quite as bad as I’ve been lead to believe (unless it gets worse later that is).

Ironically enough, Megumi Hayashibara also happens to play one of the main female leads in this series and sings the OP and ED.

I’m watching the subbed version my first time through but out of curiosity, how’s the dub of this series?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Larryb posted:

I needed a Slayers fix so I decided to check out the author’s earlier series Lost Universe, doesn’t seem too terrible to me judging by the first episode and the animation isn’t quite as bad as I’ve been lead to believe (unless it gets worse later that is).

Ironically enough, Megumi Hayashibara also happens to play one of the main female leads in this series and sings the OP and ED.

I’m watching the subbed version my first time through but out of curiosity, how’s the dub of this series?

Roughly equivalent to slayers/Tylor/90's dubs of that era. That's how I watched it. The intro song would fit right in with Slayers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Roughly equivalent to slayers/Tylor/90's dubs of that era. The intro song would fit right in with Slayers too. That's how I watched it.

Out of curiosity, is anyone from the Slayers dub cast in Lost Universe?