Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

:colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is the only difference between a house cat and a tiger the size? Like if you could ensure that a full grown tiger only weighed 15 lbs, would it be a good pet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

House cars are domesticated way more than a tiger could be

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

zoux posted:

Is the only difference between a house cat and a tiger the size?
Pretty much

zoux posted:

Like if you could ensure that a full grown tiger only weighed 15 lbs, would it be a good pet
Inasmuch as cats are good pets I guess?

euphronius posted:

Yeah you'll have much better luck if you keep it in a garage.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Yeah but I already don't let my house car inside.

FFT posted:

Pretty much

Inasmuch as cats are good pets I guess?

Well then I have no choice but to demand that science invent tiny tigers.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

euphronius posted:

House cars

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The cat's name is Wound.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tiny houses gettin fuckin stupid

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Imagine trying to change lanes in this, blind spots for days.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

zoux posted:

Yeah but I already don't let my house car inside.

Victor Hugo posted:

God has made the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you're not getting affection from your house cat, the problem is probably you.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zil posted:

Imagine trying to change lanes in this, blind spots for days.

That comes from the days before mirrors or divided lanes were invented, you just went whatever the gently caress you wanted whenever you wanted to

It is said that in <?php echo getLocation(); ?> drivers still behave in this way

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Also, Bengal Cats exist, though their fur patterns are closer to leopard than tiger.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

zoux posted:

Is the only difference between a house cat and a tiger the size? Like if you could ensure that a full grown tiger only weighed 15 lbs, would it be a good pet

I've felt that the only difference is size for a while.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

barbecue at the folks posted:

Just wear a loosely fitting white linen robe that shields your skin and something to protect your head from the sun, you'll be cool and safe like this dapper dude:

Odd how you Americans don't know how to handle the sun, you'd think dressing sensibly would be a White Person thing

On summer evenings there are a lot of old men who come shopping dressed sort of like that (though without the headgear) and I always eye the jammy gits because it looks very comfy and I'm not allowed to go to work like that.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm also on record in favor of domesticated and small bears and raccoons, what say the romantic authors on that

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

incredible

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Amoeba102 posted:

If you're not getting affection from your house cat, the problem is probably you.

Agreed. My two cats greet me at the door every time I come home, and follow me around the house all day.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
cats are hella good, 5/5

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

zoux posted:

I'm also on record in favor of domesticated and small bears and raccoons, what say the romantic authors on that

Go for it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Agreed. My two cats greet me at the door every time I come home, and follow me around the house all day.

Oh yeah my current cat is the most personable cat I've ever met, she definitely loves to be around us and is very affectionate. She still claws the poo poo out of us from time to time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zoux posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyger

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Phy posted:

Anecdotal but this is horseshit, there's someone near me who owns a very well taken care of Ford Tempo and I'm always delighted to see it at the grocery store

It's like the Velveteen Rabbit of commuter cars. Absolutely zero intrinsic value except that someone loved it enough to keep it.

a super clean low mileage 1999 Honda Civic Si just sold for $50k. There's a whole generation who grew up after boomers and like cars and they're not thinking fondly to the car that was sitting in grandpa's garage that they were never allowed to touch

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is this a new HGtV show ?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Okay this answers my question about that meme thank you

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I was wearing my robe/kaftan down the street and saw a guy waiting to make an illegal turn that, living nearby, I know that causes a incredible amount of accidents

So I called out "double line dickhead" and pointed to the sign and the guy driving just had no response to a guy in a dress actively calling out his bad driving

That's my robe story

Also, lot of robe wearers ITT

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MunchE posted:

a super clean low mileage 1999 Honda Civic Si just sold for $50k. There's a whole generation who grew up after boomers and like cars and they're not thinking fondly to the car that was sitting in grandpa's garage that they were never allowed to touch

I'd posit that a 99 SI is quite a bit more desirable to the general car-appreciating public than the famously crap Tempo, but yeah I can't disagree with your overall point.

To take it back to the mmrnmhrm post, if a 2003 Kia was to survive relatively rust-free into the 2030s - only ten years away, btw - I'm sure you'd find someone with nostalgic memories of their first car, or their parents' car, willing to buy it and drive it.

People drive surviving Tempos, and Pintos, and Shadows and Reliants and Crown Vic LTDs, not because they were good cars, but simply because they somehow made it through the gulf of time from then to now, and that has a value all its own.

You know what I haven't seen yet, though, is a well-preserved old Cavalier. There's still some around but they're all shitboxes. I guess it's true what they say, Chevys run like poo poo but they'll run like poo poo forever.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I'd totally drive a 99 Civic but I wouldn't pay 50k for it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I wish it was socially acceptable for big dopey white americans to wear samurai pants.

Look at this dude. Just imagine how amazingly comfortable and free his balls are.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just wear parachute pants

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just get some to wear around the house, that's what I do. My balls are free as the sea breeze, yet comfortably warm

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
"MAN DRESSES! Now in MANLY patterns such as LIGHTNING BOLTS or ANGRY PITBULLS!"

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

zoux posted:

Feral Wild Cat: Sees you as a terrifying big thing
Pallas Cat: Sees you on its lawn, wants you to get off of it.
House Cat: Sees you as a source of food
Big Cat: Sees you as food.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I wish it was socially acceptable for big dopey white americans to wear samurai pants.

Look at this dude. Just imagine how amazingly comfortable and free his balls are.

Real talk, from personal experience, a yukata is the most comfortable thing to wear when it's hot and humid out and wearing it was my favorite part of going to obon festivals as a kid.