Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's still funny to me that people went gaga over the very tall lady.

Height either way has never really registered as attractive to me so it's funny watching everyone go "oh my god what if human but long"

It's longcat for horny humans is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

Height either way has never really registered as attractive to me so it's funny watching everyone go "oh my god what if human but long"

There was a lot of 'please step on me' which would explain most of it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Humans of many sizes can step on you if you want them to.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Raeg posted:

Hmmm, I can see why the Alba party may not be gaining traction

They didn't ask about Harvie or Rennie but still have figures for them? Did 45% of people feel so strongly about Willie Rennie they needed to spontaneously share their view? There are people out there with strong views on Willie Rennie?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Angepain posted:

They didn't ask about Harvie or Rennie but still have figures for them? Did 45% of people feel so strongly about Willie Rennie they needed to spontaneously share their view? There are people out there with strong views on Willie Rennie?

Yes. But in this graphs cases they averaged the graphs that did ask about them and put them in. I feel that is going to throw off the rankings slightly due to that weird psychological thing where asking people about seperate topics alters their response to unrelated topics but w/e

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe the data is an average of several pollers, but opinium did not ask about rennie and harvie.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

"Average of Polls by Opinium, Savanta ComRes & Survation".

So there's 2 other companies who have asked about them.

Incidentally, I have strong opinions on Rennie, he's a loving shitehawk.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Exclusive: Labour leader let rip in weekly meeting of his frontbenchers.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1382023557413281800?s=20

*faaaaaaaaaaart*

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

forkboy84 posted:

"Average of Polls by Opinium, Savanta ComRes & Survation".

So there's 2 other companies who have asked about them.

Incidentally, I have strong opinions on Rennie, he's a loving shitehawk.

Everyone loves Willie Rennie, the wacky party leader who loves to go down slides.

I've just been informed Willie Rennie is a Lib Dem

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

sebzilla posted:

*faaaaaaaaaaart*

I got a good 'Welcome to the Thunderdome you motherfucker.' feeling from that.

Sadly real life doesn't follow narrative arcs so there's no 'revelation and redemption' arc for Starmer and probably not for Labour as a whole either.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

sebzilla posted:

*faaaaaaaaaaart*

lmao

"one insider said that there was “stony silence” from some on the Zoom call meeting"

they were probably just muted

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
love that he's photographed in front of the cop shop in case someone anywhere had forgotten for a moment that he wants to make sweet and gentle love to every pig in this country, but not in the David Cameron way

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Looks like one of those stupid tabloid stories where the photographer has asked them to look sad at the camera.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Angepain posted:

There are people out there with strong views on Willie Rennie?

Just one person, on a slide, saying it very loudly

Edit:

:argh:

Raeg posted:

Everyone loves Willie Rennie, the wacky party leader who loves to go down slides.

I've just been informed Willie Rennie is a Lib Dem

(I should finish reading pages before posting)

Niric fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 13, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sassassin posted:

Weight classes in rugby would unironically make the sport a lot better. As with boxing/mma the light- and middle-weight matches would be by far the most entertaining even if the heavies are actually the best at it.

rugby is dangerous enough already without adding weight cutting

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Willie Rennie!

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

Just have a total weight for the team, and leave it up to the coach how many players that weight budget is spread over.so you can have 10*150 kg players, or 15*100 or 50*30.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

as a 5'2" man, gently caress height chat. you absolute bastards moping around going "oh woe is me I'm 5'6, I'm so short", gently caress off

Ms Adequate posted:

Willie Rennie!

no 'e won't

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

radmonger posted:

Just have a total weight for the team, and leave it up to the coach how many players that weight budget is spread over.so you can have 10*150 kg players, or 15*100 or 50*30.

I'd go for three adult grizzly bears

which would probably leave a hundred or so kilos left over for a wrangler, because I wouldn't want to be on the pitch myself

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

OwlFancier posted:

As a very tall lady myself it didn't surprise me at all.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

XMNN posted:

although it's clearly an enormous issue, as the women's game is being flooded by trans people at an alarming rate, so it's definitely worth doing something incredibly misogynistic and transphobic to deal with this existential threat to cis womens ability to participate in sport

"there are lots more trans men than women" is one of those things that makes sense when you already know it, or what a gender role is, or what a gender is, or what a society is, or what opinions the people upset about trans people have regarding masculinity and feminity, but is incredibly inconvenient to the terf movement. Really, it's an unfair competitive advantage to mention it in an argument. I assume that's why the entirety of mainstream anglo media goes to great lengths to obscure it as a fact, fairness. it's about fairness.

OwlFancier posted:

as an average height person, I held this opinion right up until I sobered up in Breda and realised that I hadn't been drunkenly slouching

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 14, 2021

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Julio Cruz posted:

It would be less dangerous if the average player was 20kg lighter as they were ~20-25 years ago. The skill level would also be higher as fewer talented players would fall out of the game simply because they're not large enough to match up.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
https://twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1382035246875516928?s=20

Oh John...

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sassassin posted:

It would be less dangerous if the average player was 20kg lighter as they were ~20-25 years ago. The skill level would also be higher as fewer talented players would fall out of the game simply because they're not large enough to match up.

instituting a rule that prevents ~80% of the current player pool from playing doesn't seem like it would do great things for the skill level tbh

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spangly A posted:

"there are lots more trans men than women" is one of those things that makes sense when you already know it, or what a gender role is, or what a gender is, or what a society is, or what opinions the people upset about trans people have regarding masculinity and feminity, but is incredibly inconvenient to the terf movement. Really, it's an unfair competitive advantage to mention it in an argument. I assume that's why the entirety of mainstream anglo media goes to great lengths to obscure it as a fact, fairness. it's about fairness.

as an average height person, I held this opinion right up until I sobered up in Breda and realised that I hadn't been drunkenly slouching

I'm dying for a pollster of some stripe to ask the British public what they think the breakdown of trans men vs trans women is. Because trans men, despite being far more common than trans women by a massive margin, are basically never even loving mentioned in the trans scare stories, to the point where I'd honestly think a huge amount of people don't even think about them when they hear any news about anyone trans.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm dying for a pollster of some stripe to ask the British public what they think the breakdown of trans men vs trans women is. Because trans men, despite being far more common than trans women by a massive margin, are basically never even loving mentioned in the trans scare stories, to the point where I'd honestly think a huge amount of people don't even think about them when they hear any news about anyone trans.

Be the change you want to see, comrade. I can't imagine YouGov charge so much you couldn't get a crowdfunded commission together if you put some effort in.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Fundamentally I think people understand 'wanting to be a man' more because it's still written into our society that being a man is better than being a woman. It seems natural that a 'woman' should want to be a 'man', but unnatural the other way around. Ugh trying to think like those folk makes me tired.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Really? I thought it was the other way round, and didn't turn up anything saying there were more trans men on a quick google.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

marktheando posted:

Really? I thought it was the other way round, and didn't turn up anything saying there were more trans men on a quick google.

I wish I could remember where I got the info from, but I recall the breakdown being there's more trans women on the books, through the GIC etc, but on the ground, there's a LOT more trans men.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1382171708061270019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

e; Oh Jaysus that's a pro watch

Dabir posted:

no 'e won't

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who responds to someone named Willie/Willy that way. The amount of times I've said "No 'e won't!" when Willy Brandt is mentioned is above counting.

HopperUK posted:

Fundamentally I think people understand 'wanting to be a man' more because it's still written into our society that being a man is better than being a woman. It seems natural that a 'woman' should want to be a 'man', but unnatural the other way around. Ugh trying to think like those folk makes me tired.

For non-terf transphobes I think this is a large part of it. There's an assumption of male as superior and/or default, which means "well yeah of course women would want to become men" is an enormous if largely unspoken undercurrent. (That the same people are often the ones claiming sexism is over, the pay gap is a myth, etc. goes unexamined)

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I wish I could remember where I got the info from, but I recall the breakdown being there's more trans women on the books, through the GIC etc, but on the ground, there's a LOT more trans men.

I had heard trans women outnumbered trans men by about 2:1 as the ballpark figure but the truth is I don't really trust many statistics on numbers of trans people because for one research has historically been a bit fraught, and also because the yoof being so much more ready to say they're not AGAB implies a number of possibilities which need to be studied and controlled for before we can say much with certainty.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 14, 2021

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Release!

I’m very happy to announce several new flavours are now live and available on my storefront! I’ve gone a bit experimental this time; there are four brand new flavours to try out, as well as significant stock of other favourites.

New flavours are:

Lemon Meringue Pie - Lemon flavoured fudge is combined with candied organic lemon peel and chunks of crunchy meringue. This is a particular favourite of mine- it basically tastes like a bar of lemon curd!

Strawberries And Cream - A new twist on a popular flavour from last year (and indeed my very first cook!), this is made with an obscene amount of clotted cream and dried strawberries. Very soft, and richly decadent even by my standards!

Mint Chocolate - By popular request! My high-grade milk chocolate fudge is enhanced further with a deliciously cool minty finish that lingers for a while.

Salted Caramel - A new twist on another old favourite, this is a combination of rich creamy sweetness and a salty edge to cut through it.

There are also stocks remaining of the following flavours:

Cherry Bakewell (very limited supply!)
Original Vanilla
Pretzelicious
Vegan Cookie
Dark Chocolate

All flavours are available at https://www.fudjit.co.uk

Cheers all, and happy fudging!

Long time listener, first time caller! Just placed an order. Swear there's a goon-only promo code, am I remembering correctly? Will use it next time.

Not to be an absolute rotten prick as I know this sort of thing is v difficult BUT: with the proceeds, I would recommend either hiring a photographer, or getting gud at food photography yourself. The flavours all sounds so good, but the photos have a real "police evidence" vibe 😆.

You needn't go overboard, but for example for the strawberries and cream, check out how this person did it:

https://images.app.goo.gl/EG3dNxFqQ3m5MECY8

Regardless, the reviews on here and the fact you're a goon thus a wonderful person means you get my business no matter the photos!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
2:1 is the figure of referrals we reached, down from 3:1 when gender dysphoria was a silent and purely medical thing in the nhs, before Tavistock had a messy internal culture war about the EXPLOSION in TEENAGER TRANSMEN and BUT THE OVUMS. Getting accurate data since 2015 is like pulling teeth, and I didn't see any charts made after the 2017 inflection point.

When the bulk of the data is drawn from 2 figure sample sizes it's not really any different to medical anecdotes. And speaking anecdotally, I know a hell of a lot more trans men than women, which is probably easily explained by living with the third guy that the papers kept calling the first pregnant man. The notable part is that only a small number of them have any interest in going medical, which I've always assumed was pointing towards some kind of trend.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Where is Keith on this Greensill story?? He should be all over everywhere ranting about the phenomenal amount of corruption going on. This is a massive open goal for Labour and I don’t see any sign of him capitalising on it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, it's a genuine scandal that he should be all over.

Guy's got no fire in his belly and seems pretty conflict-averse tbh. I think he's the sort of person who'll always have some excuse for now "not being the right time" to vigorously oppose the government, to cover up that he doesn't honestly really like doing it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, it's a genuine scandal that he should be all over.

Guy's got no fire in his belly and seems pretty conflict-averse tbh. I think he's the sort of person who'll always have some excuse for now "not being the right time" to vigorously oppose the government, to cover up that he doesn't honestly really like doing it.

It’s potentially bigger than the “cash in brown envelopes” that Blair made hay with and the expenses scandal. It’s naked corruption on a grand scale right at the heart of government. Right now the Murdoch owned Times is making more of a fuss about it than Keith.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Raeg posted:

Been away from Scotland a while now, more than 10 years, but am still honestly stunned by how far he's fallen.

I was a junior staffer in the Scottish Parliament after he came back the first time and folk practically worshipped the ground he walked on.

You would get shouted down, like Starmer fans now, for opposing him, even by some in this thread at the time, although it wasn't as left a place then in fairness.

I remember one of his aides screaming in my face and jumping around backstage at the BBC in when he took back Aberdeen South in 2007, it was mental... Tommy Sheridan, told him to sit down and shut up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ I was getting slammed for calling Salmond a psychopathic fash bigot on this very forum before the Indyref.

Raeg posted:

When you have barely over half the support of Douglas Ross and nearly twice the opposition, it's probably a good time to get out of politics.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 14, 2021

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Labour is calling for a parliamentary investigation rather than the small powerless one that the Tories are doing so in this case it might just be the media doing the absolute minimum reporting they can get away with on it rather than anything Starmer can do.

I am not putting any effort into finding out what Labour are doing and my usual information networks aren't either except to tell me how poo poo Dan Norris is so why that's still a problem for Labour it is a different problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I’m not sure the media are doing the minimum reporting they can get away with on it, the whole thing has been driven by the FT and the Sunday Times. The BBC seem to be doing their utmost to ignore it though.

I think it’s not easy because it is a genuinely very complicated story.