Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Technically there's the legal requirement that she beats the speaker of the house to death with the mace first, but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

A true test of loyalty to the Crown.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

gonadic io posted:

Technically there's the legal requirement that she beats the speaker of the house to death with the mace first, but yes.

be serious

it's the lady with the sword who is legally a dead man, forever curs'd to inhabit randos in case cromwell comes back, that she'd need to beat to death with one of the maces which is also, legally, the queen

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

gonadic io posted:

she's a woman so she gets to select a champion. probably some badass like that Canadian sergeant-at-arms, he's already got a mace.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They'll no doubt be successful

https://twitter.com/MPFed/status/1382031201733648387?s=19

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

i say swears online posted:

technically can liz dissolve parliament and appoint herself pm

She'd appoint a Corgi.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LMBO what a oval office (getting a frontpage article on BBC, ofc.)

James Dyson says Brexit has given him 'freedom'

BBC posted:

Brexit has given the UK back its independence and boosted innovation, inventor Sir James Dyson has said.

"We've got our freedom, we can make trade agreements with other countries outside Europe [and] we can employ people from all around the world," Sir James told the BBC.

The latest statistics for February show UK exports to the EU remain below the same level last year.

He also defended moving Dyson's global headquarters to Singapore in 2019.

At the time, the pro-Brexit entrepreneur was accused of "hypocrisy", after claiming the UK would gain more from leaving the EU than it would lose.

"We're a British company - I've put a lot into this country," he said.

"I can't make things here and bring over all the components from the Far East here, assemble them here and then send them back to the Far East. That just doesn't work."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Private Speech posted:

he explicitly said brexit was good for destroying workers rights as that would improve productivity

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1382290153939611649?s=20

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

The Dominic Cummings to our future PM Priti Patel?

Would fit her well.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

extremely forensic here admitting the nonce is advising you and also you know its bad

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1382290348534284288?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao that can't be real

YES mandelson is dodgy as gently caress. YES he's advising me. Any questions? I ask as the prime minister sweats and shakes, fumbling for his papers

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Private Speech posted:

Didn't need to brexit to employ workers from all over - look how many call centres are based abroad. I had Egyptian friends in Cairo who were working for Vodafone UK in a call centre there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Lmao that can't be real

YES mandelson is dodgy as gently caress. YES he's advising me. Any questions? I ask as the prime minister sweats and shakes, fumbling for his papers

lol the press are lauding it and his entire performance on twitter. they're all morons and deserve the giant blender i'm campaigning on

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Jose posted:

extremely forensic here admitting the nonce is advising you and also you know its bad

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1382290348534284288?s=20

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1223020739168624641

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forensic

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1382292251250941954?s=20

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the embodiment of cringe

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the uk exists to remind the rest of the world how goddamn rotten nobles are at running a country and why the french were right to have a reign of terror

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Fairly sure there's no Sir Mickey Take (only fairly sure b/c, you know).

It's right on the edge of Poe's law tbf.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Yeah I just assumed that was a real person.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dorset East is also not a real constituency

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

he explicitly said brexit was good for destroying workers rights as that would improve productivity

meanwhile

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1382290153939611649?s=20

the Lead Commissioner is the govt officer in charge of transmuting base metals

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
thankfully because racism doesn't exist in the uk there's no problem with putting a self-avowed nazi in charge of the commission for harassing muslims.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Muslims aren't a race yer onner we figured this one out immediately

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Relevant Tangent posted:

the uk exists to remind the rest of the world how goddamn rotten nobles are at running a country and why the french were right to have a reign of terror

When somebody says the British need to keep the monarchy for tourism reasons, remember that Marie Antoinette draws more tourist dollars than QE2 and the French haven't paid her in over 200 years.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Private Speech posted:

the freedom to make whatever trade deal we want now if other countries were actually willing to make trade deals with us

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The land of no institutional racism:

Employers ignore you if they can't pronounce your surname

Wait I forgot talking about this is the real racism, soz.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tulip posted:

When somebody says the British need to keep the monarchy for tourism reasons, remember that Marie Antoinette draws more tourist dollars than QE2 and the French haven't paid her in over 200 years.
The tourism is sex tourism.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

http://twitter.com/planetjedward/status/1382386705869766656

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

there is no loving way someone visits the UK just to visit some active royal palaces lmao shut the gently caress up

shut the gently caress up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

there is no loving way someone visits the UK just to visit some active royal palaces lmao shut the gently caress up

the changing of a guard is neat. also I got fish and chips wrapped in a newspaper :)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

the changing of a guard is neat. also I got fish and chips wrapped in a newspaper :)

lol @ americans

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

Thry come for th Salisbury cathedral. It has a quite famous spire or so I'm told.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
People do visit the UK for the Royals. I lived at uni with a bunch of Japanese and Chinese people who loved it all and insisted we visited every place.

No idea why, I just wanted to watch the drama at the troc.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yeah it's great you can stand outside Buckingham palace and imagine what it would look like inside if you were having sex with her majesty

look at what happened to tourism in France Italy Germany Greece China etc after they got rid of their monarchies, nobody goes there anymore and Versailles Charlottenburg the hermitage the forbidden palace etc are empty shells

e: in fairness countries like that have some other advantages like nice food, nice weather, nice beaches, attractive and interesting people and so on

XMNN has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Apr 14, 2021

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

there’s a whole “grand tour” of britain which starts in london (queen) and goes up to the lake district (rabbits) and then probably edinburg (more queen)

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

and this is the spot where he first jabbed his cousin in the knickers

what a tour

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oliwan posted:

lol @ americans

I want one of their big hats okay

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im going to go to the UK to eat mashed peas, see that building that looks like a glass penis, then drink so much tennents that i piss myself and pass out in the parking lot of a tesco

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
You'll need to travel a bit, they don't like mushy peas in the south. Clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Did the racism it was wrapped in add or subtract from the flavour?