Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

What's the best free thing to use to file taxes if you have a single W-2? I'm a horrible procrastinator.

I used credit karma, which was free for both fed and state. Seems comprehensive enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m dreading shot 2 because I already feel like poo poo from sleep deprivation.

Beats getting covid tho.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Perfect game is 27 up 27 down. No hitter is just no hits which can still mean stupid poo poo like walking a bunch of batters or there being an error. Which I believe technically means that a pitcher can pitch a no hitter and lose.

Anyway a perfect game is immeasurably more impressive and rare. There’s been 25ish ever and freakishly we would have had 3 in the span of a single month a decade ago if not for an ump making the most infamously wrong call ever.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want someone to throw a perfect game in one of these 7 inning double header games to give baseball purists a stroke.

Couple of pages ago but

What’s really going to stroke someone (me) out is when a pitcher throws a perfect game but loses in extra innings because of the new runner on second rule.

A pitcher could throw a perfect game that went into a 0-0 tie in extra innings, they would place a runner on second as is the new rule, and he could theoretically steal third then home without the eventual losing team causing an error or negating the perfect game.

Extremely unlikely but I hope it happens just to show Manfred what a dumb loving rule it is

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

JPrime posted:

skittles would improve 1000% if they returned lime and cast apple into the garbage where it belongs

JPrime posted:

skittles would improve 1000% if they returned lime and cast apple into the garbage where it belongs

JPrime posted:

JPrime posted:

JPrime posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I have it on good authority that any ailment, no matter how minor, requires 911 transport to the emergency room without any home intervention whatsoever.

Job security!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ehud posted:

I’m dreading shot 2 because I already feel like poo poo from sleep deprivation.

Beats getting covid tho.

Friend of mine, who is an assistant manager at a McDonald's, was saying she was unsure about getting the vaccine because of side effects, saying that if she had to spend a few days unable to work, she'd be screwed because of lost pay.

I was like, "If you get COVID and have to quarantine for two weeks, you're screwed even more."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The best Skittles are the Tropical Skittles

The best candy is Milky Way Midnight

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The best candy is SweetTarts Sour, previously known as ShockTarts.

My loyalty can also be bought with Sour Patch Kids and especially Lemonheads. An ex-girlfriend sends a movie theater box of Lemonheads every year for Christmas; she gets me.

:unsmith:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Best blizzard is heath bar

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This conversation reminded me that when the pandemic hit I really craved a Payday out of nowhere and I couldn't get one at the time. I forgot about it and still haven't gotten one, I should fix that.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

You can find a lot of people who are capable of laying bricks

Just look at Russell Westbrook

:lmao:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I don’t wanna jinx it, but this is the day after my 2nd shot and still no major side effects! The injection site is a little sore, otherwise I haven’t noticed anything, maybe a little fatigue, but I was worried they’d be bad so I took the afternoon off work and spent it lazing around in the sun with my dog smoking weed, so it’s hard to say whether that was vaccine induced. Not gonna say that’ll help other peoples reactions, but you never know. . .

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

talk to your vet because it's pretty not good for cats to eat only dry food, your vet may be able to recommend something that doesn't give your cat gas

I don't not feed him wet food because it makes him fart, I don't feed it to him because he won't eat it. I've tried giving him multiple flavors and brands and he just will not eat it. He's pretty good at drinking water though so I'm not worried about it.

Don't listen to anything SB says about the cat. They do not like each other.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Best blizzard is heath bar

I haven't had a Blizzard in a very, very long time, but I seem to recall a Butterfinger Blizzard being very, very legit.

For me, though, the One True Dessert is a strawberry malt or milkshake.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Timby posted:

I haven't had a Blizzard in a very, very long time, but I seem to recall a Butterfinger Blizzard being very, very legit.

I rarely go to Johnny Rockets these days (not counting quarantine), but when I do go, I ALWAYS get the strawberry malt. I don't know any other place that sells malts!!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

My dessert of choice is homemade carrot cake (the kind with pineapple and coconut in it) with cream cheese frosting, cold out of the fridge with a big mug of coffee. Unf.

Heath blizzard is also very good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don’t wanna jinx it, but this is the day after my 2nd shot and still no major side effects! The injection site is a little sore, otherwise I haven’t noticed anything, maybe a little fatigue, but I was worried they’d be bad so I took the afternoon off work and spent it lazing around in the sun with my dog smoking weed, so it’s hard to say whether that was vaccine induced. Not gonna say that’ll help other peoples reactions, but you never know. . .

After telling my wife to clear her calendar for the day after her second shot, she had zero side effects other than taking a nap a couple hours after getting the shot (which she probably would have done anyway).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I rarely go to Johnny Rockets these days (not counting quarantine), but when I do go, I ALWAYS get the strawberry malt. I don't know any other place that sells malts!!

There was a small chain of burger joints in the Chicago area called Cock Robin, and they were the king poo poo. Great burgers and fries awesome atmosphere, and killer milkshakes and malts. I shed a tear when the one in Naperville closed. Nowadays, the company is long out of business and it exists only as a memory.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Timby posted:

There was a small chain of burger joints in the Chicago area called Cock Robin, and they were the king poo poo. Great burgers and fries awesome atmosphere, and killer milkshakes and malts. I shed a tear when the one in Naperville closed. Nowadays, the company is long out of business and it exists only as a memory.

Well, that sucks. I would visit Chicago/Naperville for work a couple years ago since my company HQ was based in Lisle. I would have loved to hit that place after work!!

also the last time I was in Chicago I ate cheese curds every single day for a week and I had no regrets

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Timby posted:

I actually went to a DQ the other day and their Blizzard of the month is frosted animal crackers. I'm not ashamed to admit I have gotten two more in the days after.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SundayMoney posted:

I actually went to a DQ the other day and their Blizzard of the month is frosted animal crackers. I'm not ashamed to admit I have gotten two more in the days after.

That ... is strangely intriguing and I'm now thinking of having my cab driver stop at the DQ that's on the way to my apartment when I get discharged (surgery was pushed to tomorrow, to get all the blood thinners out of my system before they go cutting and zapping).

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Mint oreo blizzard :colbert:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

carrot cake and heath bar blizzards are for old people

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

hifi posted:

carrot cake and heath bar blizzards are for old people

I'm old so that tracks.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol my work had been planning this payroll transition for a couple of years and in the couple months leading up to our go-live date none of us got any communication on what’s what, until suddenly the VP who’s idea this all was and was implementing the project suddenly announced her retirement to be the day of our go-live day.

It’s been three weeks, everything is a hilariously hosed up, unmitigated disaster, unions all over the US and Canada are kicking down our virtual doors (one guy even got a hold of our CEO lol), our world is on fire, and that loving bitch who put this all in motion realized how hosed it was at the last second and pushed all of us over the edge and sailed off into the sunset.

The second she announced her retirement leadership should have went “Oh, gently caress” and pulled the plug. gently caress this.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/JackRoyer/status/1382698298461597702

:stonk:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I can just hear “Jesus, take the wheel” blasting in the background

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Carrot cake is bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

11 in the clip and one in the chamber. A dozen apostles sending you to your savior

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Huh, Pat Robertson is still alive? I thought he died years ago...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Timby posted:

Butterfinger blizzard is my go to. I think it works best because it crumbles so easily. A lot of candy just ends up in hard chunks like snickers.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I don't really care about ice cream, but I will gently caress up a chocolate malt made fresh at a diner about twice a year.

Heath is a very overlooked, delicious candy bar. Pretty sure being one letter away from Health bar doesn't help it at all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

I have it on good authority that any ailment, no matter how minor, requires 911 transport to the emergency room without any home intervention whatsoever.
When will the gig economy strategize "Uberlance" so I can pick the proper ambulance service that the free market will buzzword buzzword.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Finger on the trigger I see

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Chills nausea and a 101 degree fever

This rules

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :toot: :toot: :toot:

SundayMoney posted:

:aaaaa: :pusheen: :aaaaa:

holy loving poo poo

harperdc fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 15, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I assume judging by the fact that he's holding a pistol and a taser that he's talking about how hard it would be to confuse the two items. If that's the case, work on your trigger discipline duder but your heart's in the right place.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eifert Posting posted:

I assume judging by the fact that he's holding a pistol and a taser that he's talking about how hard it would be to confuse the two items. If that's the case, work on your trigger discipline duder but your heart's in the right place.

Uh your optimism is appreciated but I'd assume he's talking about how easy they are to confuse and how Cancel Culture is coming for the police or whatever.

Or he could be Bud Dwyering, who knows, I'm not watching that poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

shirts and skins posted:

Uh your optimism is appreciated but I'd assume he's talking about how easy they are to confuse and how Cancel Culture is coming for the police or whatever.

Or he could be Bud Dwyering, who knows, I'm not watching that poo poo

Be honest, if he accidentally tasered himself to death on live tv that’d be amazing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

CannonFodder posted:

When will the gig economy strategize "Uberlance" so I can pick the proper ambulance service that the free market will buzzword buzzword.

Some dispatch centers have started calling Uber for low acuity calls but it carries a fair bit of liability.

It’ll take a lot to fully gig-ify EMS because we are literally the beholden workers unable to say no to endless patient turfing. From law enforcement, urgent care, primary care docs, nursing homes, whoever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Be honest, if he accidentally tasered himself to death on live tv that’d be amazing

Incidentally squeezes the taser which hits his hand, electrocution him, causing muscles to size up and pull the gun trigger which fires the bullet into the taste destroying it and saving his life. The rest of the show is about how Jesus approves of the gun.

Nobody bothers to bring up the intern who had their ear shot off in the incident.