Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

:words: i know but i think star fox 64 lives in our memories so well because of a combination of things that is never going to happen again tbh. if they release another star fox game that anyone likes, it's going to be people who like rail shooters (as opposed to people who just liked star fox 64, which i think is a lot of people). it's not like there was anything really compelling about the story or the characters, lol.

i don't know where that series could go. they're not going to rebottle the magic that made people enjoy one single rail shooter and the weird rare game made it hard to do a more traditional 3D platformer game. it's hard to put the animals in ships because that just creates a rail shooter and anything else you do with them would be better as metroid or donkey kong or mario. even an HD remake of 64 itself is going to make people remember that tilting at getting a medal in sector Z or whatever isn't fun anymore. the best thing i can think of if nintendo wants to capitalize on that IP is to hand it to an indie company to make a well-designed, old-fashioned 2D shmup, maybe try to do something crazy with it like 4 player co-op.

They should just make a game like Star Fox 64 with new stages, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

they did. did you play them? i didn't.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Honestly just give it to an indie dev to make budget £15-20 takes on the SF64 model, it doesn't need to be a big budget tentpole game and I agree with bicyclops that I don't really see where else it could go in that space. I guess they could do a game like Everspace but make it good and not boring as poo poo?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

the free roam Landmaster missions, and the on-foot stuff

all this poo poo sucked and there was way too much of it

you can absolutely make a great sequel to star fox 64, just do the same thing but with better gfx/sound and more levels/routes. no padding or stupid gimmicks. it's so simple and they've hosed it up every time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

all this poo poo sucked and there was way too much of it

you can absolutely make a great sequel to star fox 64, just do the same thing but with better gfx/sound and more levels/routes. no padding or stupid gimmicks. it's so simple and they've hosed it up every time

This

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

they're letting Namco do Pokemon Snap and that's still on rails, they didn't try to make it BOTW Snap like some goons wanted. It's never gonna be as big as the main Nintendo franchises but it could be cool to see it between the big games.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nintendo should make a machine that erases memories, so I can play star fox 64 for the first time :(

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Honestly just give it to an indie dev to make budget £15-20 takes on the SF64 model, it doesn't need to be a big budget tentpole game and I agree with bicyclops that I don't really see where else it could go in that space. I guess they could do a game like Everspace but make it good and not boring as poo poo?

ah gently caress you just reminded me of everspace. :(

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
SF64 multiplayer was probably rear end but i have very fond memories of playing the poo poo out of it with my friends

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

All I want is for them to add new characters/tracks/karts to Mario Kart.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

NienNunb posted:

All I want is for them to add new characters/tracks/karts to Mario Kart.

4 years after release, finally the first dlc: The Baby Pack!

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Baby Park is the greatest Mario Kart level ever created

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
im begging u... play omega boost... pirate it if u must

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ive played it and it owns but its a different thing

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

absolutely anything posted:

ive played it and it owns but its a different thing

i know its not exactly the same but its one of the best rail shooters i ever played

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Double Dash was also the best Mario Kart game hater

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
baby park is a bland featureless oval!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
double dash was ok but the best mario kart innovation was increasing the number of racers from 8 so you don't have to get 1st in every single race to win the gp. i always felt like mk:dd the finishing order was pretty much set in stone across the four races so if you didn't get 1st in all 4, you had no chance of winning

this is also why f zero x and gx owned since if you could consistently come in top 5 out of 30 you could pull off an overall win by driving your rivals off the track

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Turn your monitor on 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤪

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

Greetings....... baby park. :unsmigghh:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Turn your monitor on 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤪

American McGay posted:

Greetings....... baby park. :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnedkVrgFF0

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have a Baby Brain and I like Baby Park

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i know its not exactly the same but its one of the best rail shooters i ever played
omega boost is sick and the director also was a designer on panzer dragoon II. unfortunately now he is doomed to make car games for Sony until the end of time. Rip

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Check out space harrier folks. Itll blow your.monds

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Guy who has logged 2000 hours into Shenmue exclusively to play Space Harrier in the arcade

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

i feel like there are 2 kinds of mario kart players, those who like the actual racing aspect, and those who like the chaos and mayhem aspect, and they're usually in a pretty good balance. but baby park appeals to the latter group almost exclusively and thus is polarizing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Guy who has logged 2000 hours into Shenmue exclusively to play Space Harrier in the arcade

That’s Bicyclops

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s Bicyclops

excuse me, I got my 5 million points pretty quickly in space harrier.

I may have spent 2000 hours trying to get carom shots though and I'm about to do it again

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Goblin Craft posted:

i feel like there are 2 kinds of mario kart players, those who like the actual racing aspect, and those who like the chaos and mayhem aspect, and they're usually in a pretty good balance. but baby park appeals to the latter group almost exclusively and thus is polarizing

Baby Park is actually the perfect racing track

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ArfJason posted:

im begging u... play omega boost... pirate it if u must

i'm going to try it tonite

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i really do just want some team to lift the mechanics/feel and come up with some cool new Content around it. hell it's already a Run based game make it a roguelite if you fuckin have to

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Baby Park is actually the perfect racing track

it was made for you

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

it was made for you

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

it was made for you

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

it was made for you

And I drive it as a baby princess. Problem?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

SF64 multiplayer was probably rear end but i have very fond memories of playing the poo poo out of it with my friends

they should make your memories into that game

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

over the years I have had more than one dream about a lost snes mario kart sequel with superfx 3D, and the fact that it doesn't exist burns me up. just laying bare the deepest yearning of my heart in the nintendo thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Goblin Craft posted:

over the years I have had more than one dream about a lost snes mario kart sequel with superfx 3D, and the fact that it doesn't exist burns me up. just laying bare the deepest yearning of my heart in the nintendo thread.

mario kart super circuit?