Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cannot wait for the smack down tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Edge & Christian posted:

#48: The Dark Knight ($1B, Zeus/Z-Gangsta)

It's insane that Dark Knight is at #48 when it was #1 only twelve years ago. Then again, that was pre-Marvel.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Chris James 2 posted:

SD commentary team going forward is Michael Cole and Pat McAfee

aaaand?

Or we finally back to 2 man

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

aaaand?

Or we finally back to 2 man

Press release only mentioned them

quote:

Pat McAfee joins Friday Night SmackDown announce team

WWE today announced that Pat McAfee will debut as the new analyst for Friday Night SmackDown tonight at 8 pm ET live on FOX.

McAfee dropped the news on the WWE Universe with a huge social media announcement on Friday morning.

“For as long as I can remember WWE has been a company that I have admired, both for its incredible staying power of creating riveting entertainment and for its ability to connect people all over the globe,” said McAfee. “I’ve been fortunate to try a lot of cool professions but working for WWE was the one I looked forward to most. I am incredibly honored and grateful for the chance to give back to the business that has given me and many others so much and having the opportunity to sit at the same table that legends have graced is truly a dream come true. Now let’s go get it.”

McAfee will be joined at ringside every week by Michael Cole, VP of WWE’s on air announce talent and voice of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX.

Known for his candid, relatable, and refreshing opinions, McAfee’s insight and sense of humor have built him a large, loyal and active fan base. In addition to being a philanthropist, social media influencer, stand-up comedian and former All-Pro punter for the Indianapolis Colts, McAfee is also the host of the #1 international daily streaming sports show The Pat McAfee Show, which is simulcast both on YouTube and on Sirius XM Channel 82 Mad Dog Sports Radio. Additionally, McAfee is the host of the popular podcast The Pat McAfee Show 2.0 and has performed both inside the ring and behind the microphone on WWE’s NXT.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if there will be any short trousers issues between them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Good ol' McAfee pullin' Cole's taffy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Supposedly there will be some NXT releases today. Just lol that I already know Velveteen won’t be one of them

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Supposedly there will be some NXT releases today. Just lol that I already know Velveteen won’t be one of them

I'm going for the wildcard bet to say that he IS one

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I haven't been watching the product, is he still being featured?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I haven't been watching the product, is he still being featured?

Nope. Still employed but not being used.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Blaise330 posted:

I'm going for the wildcard bet to say that he IS one

Probably not after that NXT investor call or whatever when someone asked if they were going to fire him for being a pedo and triple h said nothing dream did was wrong and the company completely supported his actions

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
maybe the nxt releases will be the lucha house party, breezango, robert stone, and lets say.... drake maverick.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

maybe the nxt releases will be the lucha house party, breezango, and lets say.... drake maverick.

I don't like seeing people lose their jobs but I would lmao if Drake gets cut for the second year in a row.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PeytonRoyceWWE/status/1383063939454488580

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If I remember right Dream's not been on TV since the car crash thing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

If I remember right Dream's not been on TV since the car crash thing

He was in a ladder match after that where the rest of the people in the match very visibly did not care about him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought she was married to Spears not Babatunde

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought she was married to Spears not Babatunde

she's referencing Giant Baba, her obvious inspiration, looking down on her from heaven and supporting her

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

maybe the nxt releases will be the lucha house party, breezango, robert stone, and lets say.... drake maverick.
If they release Breeze that's a full sweep of the flatbacks crew. He's on a main roster contract in NXT I believe, so I could definitely see him being out.

Does he still do stuff with Woods? They love loving with Woods after all.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dream hasn't been on tv in sixteen weeks, apparently. Make of that what you will.

BGrifter posted:

I was curious and holy poo poo Jumanji did 962.2 million box office. That’s wild. That alone is bigger than Guardians 2 and Fast 7 almost doubles it.

Jumanji was a ridiculously huge hit that no one saw coming and even took Sony by surprise. The second one did 800k worldwide, IIRC, too, so they retained most of the audience between films.

I'm hyped for the third one, whenever the Rock's schedule is clear enough for them to film it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Remember when Breezango were doing the fashion police skits and WWE told them they could drop the skits and be allowed to wrestle on television or they could keep doing the skits so Breezango chose to drop the skits and then they didn't get to wrestle on television.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Huh, weird. Just saw a Twitter ad for the 9th Fast and the Furious movie... with John Cena and no sign of The Rock?

A quick google yielded this. Something about him and Vin Diesel not getting along and mending fences too late to appear in the 9th movie.

https://screenrant.com/fast-furious-9-movie-dwayne-johnson-not-return-vin-diesel-feud/amp/#vch=fqJiB3v5Iig

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

reignofevil posted:

Remember when Breezango were doing the fashion police skits and WWE told them they could drop the skits and be allowed to wrestle on television or they could keep doing the skits so Breezango chose to drop the skits and then they didn't get to wrestle on television.

Fashion Files 4ever

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Huh, weird. Just saw a Twitter ad for the 9th Fast and the Furious movie... with John Cena and no sign of The Rock?

A quick google yielded this. Something about him and Vin Diesel not getting along and mending fences too late to appear in the 9th movie.

https://screenrant.com/fast-furious-9-movie-dwayne-johnson-not-return-vin-diesel-feud/amp/#vch=fqJiB3v5Iig

vin diesel got very mad that the rock got his own fast and furious spin off because it went against the family that was the f&f cast or some poo poo, it was all very silly because he's a very silly man

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

BGrifter posted:

Vin Diesel basically hates the Rock for coming in and taking over the franchise.

(The franchise would probably be dead if it wasn't for the Rock, so...)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

they also supposedly had a classic wrestler feud on set of fast 5 i think it was, might've been the next one, where they did a fight scene and basically neither guy wanted to put the other over lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

boxcarhobo posted:

vin diesel got very mad that the rock got his own fast and furious spin off because it went against the family that was the f&f cast or some poo poo, it was all very silly because he's a very silly man

while it was happening i was 100% convinced they were working to build a dumb wrestlemania match or something but nope two grown rear end millionaires actually got butthurt about action movie roles

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

vinter vurst viesel

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

boxcarhobo posted:

Yeah I scrolled past mentions of them feuding a bunch of times but never stopped long enough to absorb the details. Mostly thought the Cena piece was interesting given the discussion earlier.

It’ll be interesting to see what Cena does with it. I doubt Vin Diesel would ever let someone come in and almost take over the franchise like Rock did, but it could be the role that takes Cena to the next level in movies.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

They really hurt Tyrese’s feelings too.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Vandar posted:

Vin Diesel basically hates the Rock for coming in and taking over the franchise.

(The franchise would probably be dead if it wasn't for the Rock, so...)

Honestly the Brazil movie would have been fine with anyone else that was super sweaty and glowering, the physical car stunts in that movie and onward are bug gently caress nuts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

vinter vurst viesel

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Vin probably still has functional knees.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Hobbs and Shaw fuckin sucks so I'm on team Dom, who would never lose to some jabroni cop

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ibexaz posted:

Hobbs and Shaw fuckin sucks so I'm on team Dom, who would never lose to some jabroni cop

agreed.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/lilyeiiz/status/1377363710625337351?s=21

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was promised nxt cuts when are they

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Per Fightful Select

quote:

Billie Kay was a surprise cut for many backstage, as the talent that Fightful spoke to did not expect that coming. When asked why, they cited the fact that she was used on WWE television as recently as WrestleMania, and was loved in the WWE locker room, as was her former tag team partner Peyton Royce. We're told Kevin Dunn specifically didn't "get" Billie Kay, and had verbalized that he saw a ceiling for her in WWE. We're not sure if that had actually contributed to the release.

Evergreen, but gently caress Kevin Dunn

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lots of people on here in full agreement with keven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

lol they couldn’t even stand to be in the same room??

I forget who posted it but some goon gave me the Rosetta Stone to understanding the F&F movies. At first I thought they were dumb as hell and didn’t even attempt to be plausible. But once you realize everyone is a superhero with mutant powers they never discuss, it makes sense.

Plus, it’s all about fambly.