Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

njsykora posted:

Bryan shaved his head and it is not a look that works for him.

He's going to tell Deathstroke that Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
i want the braids back

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Edward Mass posted:

He's going to tell Deathstroke that Bruce Wayne is Batman.

#ReleaseTheAlvarezCut

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TL posted:

Dave-Bot with some wordplay, then he immediately explains it.
Iᴛ ɪs ᴀ ᴘᴜɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅs, said Dave

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

i want the braids back

what the gently caress tell me this is fake

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Incessant Excess posted:

i want the braids back

Only registered members can see post attachments!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

its cause he said he’d shave his head when he got vaccinated and he doesn’t go back on stips. a true hero to us all. “hair grows back homie”

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
bryan sold a match by wearing a neck brace on WOL for a week

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

“Nice choppin’, son. What’s your name?”
“Chico.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

bryan sold a match by wearing a neck brace on WOL for a week

hahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bryan asking Dirty Ron if his dad was Stan Lane made me pop hard

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

Iᴛ ɪs ᴀ ᴘᴜɴᴇ ᴏʀ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴏɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅs, said Dave

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cameo posted:

“Nice choppin’, son. What’s your name?”
“Chico.”

HHH: I remember when I was a young midcarder for this company. I used to call the old man funny names - Pops, senile... once I even said.... he liked cocks... - but there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn, and you just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You've insulted me and you've insulted this company with that bastard podcast of yours. I had a guaranteed main eventer with Karrion Kross... who cares if he could work or not? :mad:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HHH: I remember when I was a young midcarder for this company. I used to call the old man funny names - Pops, senile... once I even said.... he liked cocks... - but there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn, and you just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You've insulted me and you've insulted this company with that bastard podcast of yours. I had a guaranteed main eventer with Karrion Kross... who cares if he could work or not? :mad:

I just drank a screwdriver where I accidently put more vodka in than I meant to and right now at this moment I really enjoyed this Robocop reference.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Really disappointed in myself I didn't go with "Adam Cole... who cares if he's tall or not?" just so Bryan could respond,"The old man seemed to care."

Goddammit Jerusalem, get your poo poo together.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God powerful Grandma energy from Granny :hellyeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

She shootin

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Incessant Excess posted:

i want the braids back

you may not like what you are about to see

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The three way talk was the most boring poo poo oh my loving god

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

The second most noted thing is somehow the best WM match according to him was Roman/Bryan/Edge.

Dave gave the Brock/Roman Mania 34 match 3 stars despite everyone crapping all over it. Dave likes himself some beefy Big Dog matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is Bryan actually a wrestler if he cut his hair for free?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wrestlers are frequently hilariously cheap, so sure

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
just make one of his last matches a hair one retroactively, hes lost plenty

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

D.N. Nation posted:

Dave gave the Brock/Roman Mania 34 match 3 stars despite everyone crapping all over it. Dave likes himself some beefy Big Dog matches.

Dave values some technical elements of matches more than the audience. Like if there's an incredible match but some strikes were kind of sloppy he won't give it 5 stars, but a boring match that the individual elements were technically competent he'll like. I've no doubt that the individual moves were really well executed by those 3.

gently caress, he just gave 5 stars to the tag title match from Dynamite this week and not Britt/Rosa, dude has weird opinions.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It would have been incredible if Bryan came out of retirement just to avoid paying for a haircut.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 17, 2021

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wazzu posted:

gently caress, he just gave 5 stars to the tag title match from Dynamite this week and not Britt/Rosa, dude has weird opinions.

Dave is unabashedly a Young Bucks mark

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Wazzu posted:

Mox/Kenny Lights Out was a better match that he rated lower, I don't know why in the world you'd think Britt/Rosa would hit 5 when that one didn't.

Ultimately dude does not like that type of match very much.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Podcasts failing to stream/download at the moment? Today's episode is not working for me and neither are the old ones.

EDIT: I'm using this unofficial site that creates a feed that works with Pocket Casts and it stopped working today because of a cert issue.

https://theboard.f4wonline.com/foru...ge6#post4542528

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 17, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Mox/Kenny Lights Out was a better match that he rated lower, I don't know why in the world you'd think Britt/Rosa would hit 5 when that one didn't.

He rated Rosa / Baker higher than the Mox/Kenny Lights Out.

Also as these things are a matter of personal taste I should say I don't think that Mox/Kenny at Full Gear was better than Britt / Rosa. I found Mox / Kenny to be considerably too long and the flow to be very uneven.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Podcasts failing to stream/download at the moment? Today's episode is not working for me and neither are the old ones.

No problems for me using the official feeds through Overcast on iOS

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IMO Britt/Rosa wasn't that good; a lot of dead spots in the match when they're just strolling around. In the growing genre of matches that Britt Baker gets hosed all the way up in, I liked Britt/Shida around when the pandemic was starting better.

Dead on about Dave valuing technical precision. Remember, he docked the first Taker/HBK Mania match because of the blown dive-onto-the-cameraman spot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

When they're on the outside at the start I'd agree it was a bit slow, but I can't really think of any dead spots when they get back in the ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

IMO Britt/Rosa wasn't that good; a lot of dead spots in the match when they're just strolling around. In the growing genre of matches that Britt Baker gets hosed all the way up in, I liked Britt/Shida around when the pandemic was starting better.

Dead on about Dave valuing technical precision. Remember, he docked the first Taker/HBK Mania match because of the blown dive-onto-the-cameraman spot.

I think that was Bryan, he was there live and thought the Undertaker died. Dave didn't seem to think it was a big deal. The big deal was it wasn't just an all timer match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ultimately dude does not like that type of match very much.

He must have liked it quite a bit if he gave Britt Rosa 4.75. That's a pretty high score. That's the same rating he gave Bret vs Owen at Wrestlemania X, Sasaki vs Kobashi at the Tokyo Dome, Kobashi vs Misawa 20/1/97, Danielson vs McGuinness at ROH Unified. Some all time great matches (I mean, Sasaki vs Kobashi might be my favourite match, Bret Owen might be my favourite WWF match, that Kobashi Misawa match is the 4th highest rated match of all time among Cagematch users)

It's just really weird that because Dave didn't give it 5 flat people think he didn't like it. He was lower on it than the average PSP user, higher than the average Cagematch user (has a rating of 8.78 from 266 voters)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

It's just really weird that because Dave didn't give it 5 flat people think he didn't like it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I think that was Bryan, he was there live and thought the Undertaker died. Dave didn't seem to think it was a big deal. The big deal was it wasn't just an all timer match.

ah, you're right!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

He must have liked it quite a bit if he gave Britt Rosa 4.75. That's a pretty high score. That's the same rating he gave Bret vs Owen at Wrestlemania X, Sasaki vs Kobashi at the Tokyo Dome, Kobashi vs Misawa 20/1/97, Danielson vs McGuinness at ROH Unified. Some all time great matches (I mean, Sasaki vs Kobashi might be my favourite match, Bret Owen might be my favourite WWF match, that Kobashi Misawa match is the 4th highest rated match of all time among Cagematch users)

It's just really weird that because Dave didn't give it 5 flat people think he didn't like it. He was lower on it than the average PSP user, higher than the average Cagematch user (has a rating of 8.78 from 266 voters)

Because he went on a long rant after Full Gear about how he doesn't like that type of match.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Incessant Excess posted:

i want the braids back

"We have such sights to show you..."

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Dave likes matches that look like real fights or are insane spotfests with crazy athleticism. He basically always talks about how most of the present-day women, as great as they are, are not always great at making it look like a real fight especially in their transitions, and when you're being compared to Ospreay/Vikingo/Fenix et al you're almost never going to have the crazy athleticism box ticked. It's not really that hard. He didn't even give Neville/Sami at Takeover the full 5, and that match had two of the best workers of the era telling a phenomenal story for a face/face match. 4.75 is good. The fact that he's overinflated his ratings in recent years (or at least failed to adjust his scale appropriately) shouldn't detract from that fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The lesson people took from all of those insane 5+ ratings wasn't "these are some of the best matches that have ever happened in the entire history of wrestling and we should thank god we got to see them.", but instead "anything under 5 is mediocre." 4.75 isn't good, it's a blow-away excellent MotY level match. I feel like WWE at one point had like a three year stretch relatively recently where they couldn't manage a 4.75 star match.

Like, I don't think I'm ever going to see anything as good as Omega/Okada IV again. Everything about that match was just so perfect and would be so hard to duplicate./