Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

An insane mind posted:

What does Labour Realist even mean? They need to go further right to be viable or I voted for Starmer and I can't acknowledge I made a mistake.

That he's a liberal & a loving moron.

Still, fun to see Hothershall has slightly broken out of The Scottish Politics Twitter bubble because he's deeply unhinged in an incredibly boring & managerial way while absolutely dedicated to never stopping posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

forkboy84 posted:

That he's a liberal & a loving moron.

Still, fun to see Hothershall has slightly broken out of The Scottish Politics Twitter bubble because he's deeply unhinged in an incredibly boring & managerial way while absolutely dedicated to never stopping posting.

yeah he's been an incredibly boring superstar of Scottish Unionist twitter since like 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol.there hasn't been a bounce at all labour are just in freefall

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1382963419696013314?s=19

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jose posted:

Lol.there hasn't been a bounce at all labour are just in freefall

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1382963419696013314?s=19

anyone got the “full analysis”, i ain’t paying murdoch a penny

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Got an A4 sized leaflet through the door from my lib dem council candidate and it doesn't have a single wildly inaccurate bar graph on it, I feel cheated

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thought id have a look in the d&d UK thread and well

Butternubs posted:

All beer tastes like poo poo, It used to be the only way to get shitfaced for 50p after a day down the mines, now there's much better and tastier ways to get drunk, people only drink it so they can have an opinion about hops instead of a personality.

Cider is the peoples drink.

Don't even get me started on wine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a bad thread op

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Isn't Oliwan dutch or some such make believe nation?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I like cider :(
And to be fair, I think oliwan was smart enough to get the gently caress out of the Netherlands before we started punching ourselves even harder in the nuts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Giedroyc posted:

Isn't Oliwan dutch or some such make believe nation?

he's swiss and pretends to be dutch

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Jose posted:

he's swiss and pretends to be dutch

Makes sense, everyone wants to be from a country who ate their prime minister.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

forum has a strong tradition of Swiss posters pretending to be from somewhere else

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the greens are loving useless

https://twitter.com/GreenPartyMolly/status/1382975300997410818?s=20
https://twitter.com/GreenPartyMolly/status/1382979609319370752?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

hosed up that the greens were running against the other parties imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I mean if you want to be in a "progressive" alliance that's a fairly broad church, one exists, it's called the Labour Party. (Don't join Labour, it's loving poo poo)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

hosed up that the greens were running against the other parties imo

It's fine for them to run but lol at whining about a progressive alliance

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s such a stretch to say every green is a potential labour voter, some green voters are very right wing and some wouldn’t even bother to vote at all, thinking electoralism is a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic at this point m

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Elections are the ruling classes most effective weapon to prevent democracy imo

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

I vote green, mainly because the rest are twats.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so are the greens unless you're in scotland

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

forkboy84 posted:

I mean if you want to be in a "progressive" alliance that's a fairly broad church, one exists, it's called the Labour Party. (Don't join Labour, it's loving poo poo)

Starmer is bad enough that he is pushing voters in pretty much every other direction.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Starmer is bad enough that he is pushing voters in pretty much every other direction.

the melts who left the lib dems to join labour can see he's doa, he's not attracted any tory votes and the left are just not turning up. fortunately the labour right are completely incapable of doing any introspection or admitting they're wrong so whoever follows will do the same

it probably doesn't help that their refrain has always been "any labour government is better than a tory one" has been proven to be completely false with the leaked report

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Disappointingly low number of weirdos in my area this election. What happened to the English democrats or the One Bloke Who's Absolutely Fuming About The Proposed Mini Roundabout At The End Of His Road And Nothing Else party

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i got a communist party leaflet through my door lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
which one

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

which one

Communist party of Britain. Their candidate has been a teacher since 1994 so maybe not a sex abuser

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

would it be prudent for boris to declare covictory over the virus this summer and call elections? he doesn't really need to but hey, five more years

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

its a bad thread op

I had heard the stories op but it's worse than I imagined

An insane mind posted:

I like cider :(
And to be fair, I think oliwan was smart enough to get the gently caress out of the Netherlands before we started punching ourselves even harder in the nuts.

(dry) cider is very nice op! and yes

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
honestly after the last little bit i can see why jose had an admin turn off his dnd access lol

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Haha, Jose pissed off D and D enough to not be allowed back in? But Jose is nice :(

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

An insane mind posted:

Haha, Jose pissed off D and D enough to not be allowed back in? But Jose is nice :(

no, the absolute opposite - he requested it iirc

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

Communist party of Britain. Their candidate has been a teacher since 1994 so maybe not a sex abuser

One of the parties that split in the 80s because CPGB didn't love Stalin enough lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I had an interview with ITV once as a youth and they didn't air some of it because you could see I was wearing a cpb hammer and dove badge

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

An insane mind posted:

CoolCab posted:

no, the absolute opposite - he requested it iirc

this. i got drunk and asked admins to remove my ability to read it and that no longer breaks the forums. i think its been better for everyones mental health i don't post there

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i just dont click on it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

sorry, tap on it. i phone post 90% of the time while evading doing anything useful at work

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

lol labour is never going to be in government ever again

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

i just dont click on it