Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They used to call the hidden counter-Earth Vulcan a lot before Star Trek sort of took the name forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bicyclops posted:

They used to call the hidden counter-Earth Vulcan a lot before Star Trek sort of took the name forever.

Well that or for the hypothetical planet that people used to think existed between Mars and Jupiter and got blown up to become our asteroid belt(and possibly our moon as well)

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Cemetry Gator posted:

Yes, just a trope.

The secret of planet X must remain hidden from you foolish humans!

I mean, yeah, but if there was a counter Earth, we would have known about it. Certainly nothing to worry about.

I know someone who literally believes there’s a Planet X called Nibaru out past Pluto’s orbit that has an advanced alien civilization on it.

Every time there’s an astronomy article about the real 10th planetoid that astronomers think is responsible for the messed up orbits of kupier belt objects, they see it as confirmation of their wacky beliefs.

(The aliens from Niberu made the pyramids, you see)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I know someone who literally believes there’s a Planet X called Nibaru out past Pluto’s orbit that has an advanced alien civilization on it.

Every time there’s an astronomy article about the real 10th planetoid that astronomers think is responsible for the messed up orbits of kupier belt objects, they see it as confirmation of their wacky beliefs.

(The aliens from Niberu made the pyramids, you see)
I'm not worried until they start asking to borrow Godzilla and Rodan.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

We can haggle them down to Varan and 2 Kamacarus

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

There's a new batch of bonus challenges, one of which is releasing Quest of the Delta Knights as a download if they can get to 18.5K backers by Wednesday. That's one of the "forbidden" episodes that was forever tangled up in legal junk, isn't it?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, that’s one where they apparently couldn’t figure out who owns the rights for a long time. They only worked it out and started streaming it a few months ago on their various platforms. I’m not sure if they ever sold it as a download. It definitely hasn’t been released on dvd.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Splint Chesthair posted:

There's a new batch of bonus challenges, one of which is releasing Quest of the Delta Knights as a download if they can get to 18.5K backers by Wednesday. That's one of the "forbidden" episodes that was forever tangled up in legal junk, isn't it?

I saw it on their Twitch channel the other day, and I don't think I'd seen that episode since the show's original run.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Looks like it's about to cross 3 million.

Who gets that lost episode of they hit that goal? I was trying to look at the update on Kickstarter, but it seems to be reduced to just bullet points compared to the email.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/bshoup/status/1383137093853990916?s=20

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PAUL!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PAUL!

YOUR FATHER IS IN GREAT DANGER, PAUL!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bang!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ballz posted:

It’s a season 3 MST episode: Stranded in Space

You know Stranded in Space is one of those failed pilots where I feel like I coulda handled a season or two of this middling to bad scifi show that probably would have developed a cult following and gotten a modern day revival.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Less than $8k away from $3mil
Less than 2000 backers away from Quest of the Delta Knights being released for download

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It hit $3 million!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is delta knights the ONLY episode that's never been released on DVD or download?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

No, but the list is very small at this point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Is delta knights the ONLY episode that's never been released on DVD or download?

One of my favorites, Attack of the the Eye Creatures, is one of the many films that Susan Hart has a death grip on.

This is the unreleased list from the MST3K forum.

quote:

201- Rocketship X-M
Wade Williams.
Mr. Williams has a sentimental attachment to this particular film, and has given a firm "NO" to licensing out for the MST3k version.
<EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
Criterion (licensed from Toho).
<EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

309 - The Amazing Colossal Man
311 - It Conquered the World
418 - Attack of the The Eye Creatures
807 - Terror from the Year 5000
809 - I Was a Teenage Werewolf

Susan Nicholson-Hofheinz (Susan Hart).

Widow of AIP founder James Nicholson who has claim to some of AIP's early films (the rest being with the Arkoff estate). She has yet to be interested in any offers from multiple home video labels regarding her library of AIP titles. Word is she wants far too much money to license them. After a few rumors this past year, it's sadly been confirmed that nothing has changed RE: her stance on licensing her film properties.

<EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

416 - Fire Maidens from Outer Space
905 - The Deadly Bees
906 - The Space Children

Olive Films (licensed from Paramount).
I've heard from different sources that Olive has 5-year deals with Paramount on their catalog titles (for example, THE DEADLY BEES is set to expire in 2020). The other two titles should be expiring soon or have already expired., which should be expired or expiring soon. Assuming Olive films doesn't renew their license with Paramount, this would clear the way for Shout Factory to obtain them for a future MST3k box set.
<LIKELY>

913 - Quest of the Delta Knights
CURRENT RIGHTS HOLDERS DISCOVERED!!! - Shout Factory has found (thanks to fellow fan Joshua Murphy) the rights holders and now has this episode available for streaming! Hopefully a DVD release won't be too far behind.

Copyright registered under Ramsway JC/LTD. Originally released on VHS by Hemdale Home Video, reissued by Plaza Ent in 1999.

I have found *several* foreign DVD releases despite the movie never getting released stateside: a Region 0 [PAL Format] by Flashback Entertainment (OOP), a Region 4 DVD released in Australia/New Zealand by Payless Entertainment, a Czech Region 2 DVD release by Blesk/Hollywood Classic Entertainment, and even a South Africa Region 2 DVD by Impact Video AND a VCD (yes, VCD) release in the Netherlands!.
Wow.
<LIKELY>

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 17, 2021

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The big thing with Delta Knights was that for the longest time nobody had a clue who owned the rights. All the other missing episodes we knew who owned them and how (un)willing they were to license them. But for years Delta Knights was an absolute mystery.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Ballz posted:

The big thing with Delta Knights was that for the longest time nobody had a clue who owned the rights. All the other missing episodes we knew who owned them and how (un)willing they were to license them. But for years Delta Knights was an absolute mystery.

Which is kind of amazing, because it was the newest movie MST3K had even done at the time. It's amazing how byzantine these rights issues are.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The rights belong to David Warners 3rd role

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, I was watching a Rifftrax short, Harry the Dirty Dog and I'm pretty sure the little boy in it is the kid from Cry Wilderness.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, PAUL!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ballz posted:

Nobody would sing out "And I've got these?"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

PAUL is not PAUL anymore!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

92% of the way to the 6-episode goal, should be reached in a day or two

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

John Murdoch posted:

PAUL is not PAUL anymore!!!

Track of the Moon Beast, Projected Man... I want to say there’s at least one other MST3K where the monster’s name is Paul. Which one am I thinking of?

Edit: WARWILF! that’s the one!

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 18, 2021

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
(Mike doing extremely David Letterman voice) Oh, Paul... :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Splint Chesthair posted:

Track of the Moon Beast, Projected Man... I want to say there’s at least one other MST3K where the monster’s name is Paul. Which one am I thinking of?

:geno: "This is absolutely fascinating"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
"He said 'pretty you may be', ma'am, I'm not sure what he meant."

That might be my favourite riff ever. I don't even know why. It just hit me exactly right.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

HopperUK posted:

"He said 'pretty you may be', ma'am, I'm not sure what he meant."

That might be my favourite riff ever. I don't even know why. It just hit me exactly right.

a new exhaust system she may need...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"What would Churchill do? Ah yes, get drunk."

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Lembeck is staying in London for another few days...

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Hush, lamb-kins

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Splint Chesthair posted:

I loved your letter to the Corinthians!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Dawgstar posted:

I loved your letter to the Corinthians!

Dear sir, send pants at once!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

“I just found out Count Dracula was a f****t.”

“Suddenly I miss my dad...”

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
And yet, the grizzled militiaman runs a charming B&B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
ah was just takin' a lavender bath