Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

From what I've read it's not Canada you gotta worry about pissing off, it's the US border patrol. They do not gently caress around. Lots of stories of people getting poo poo on for crossing at the Chilliwack trail in Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Paulie posted:

I did end up with a 460. 2011 Peridot mica green premium package. It's pre-facelift, so it doesn't have the crazy mustache look. It just looks a bit dated.

Eventually it will get a bull bar of some sort and a small lift and slightly larger tires, but nothing too crazy. I want to enjoy the nice luxury ride as long as possible.

I was eyeballing the ironman4x4 bumper but didn't want to pull the trigger until the rig was in my possession. Of course today upon securing the vehicle, the price has gone back up 300 bux.

Seconding waiting until you lift before getting a steel bumper. They're a decent amount of additional weight so you might want to move to a higher spring rate around the same time.

Congrats on the new truck!

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
My expedition to another corner of Utah fell short. It was certainly an adventure though

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Siochain posted:

I've got a 2011 Tundra. Love love love the truck. Tows like a dream, comfortable ride, and goes anywhere I have the guts to point it. Just under 200,000km and no major problems yet.
Now, there are a couple of downsides. Fuel mileage is...poo poo. The 4:10 rear end is great for towing/playing off road, but eats fuel on the highway. It's also got a small fuel tank - just something to be aware of.

The SR5 with bigger fuel tank is on the list. If I do this as planned I'll end up with bigger tires and a regear. But not for a few years. I'll still have my old dodge for hardware store runs and pretty much the only time I'm towing and driving major distance is for work in a work truck. I can eat the poo poo fuel mileage for a planned trip every once in a while and on my short commute. It will be good finally having a decently capable 4x4 again after several years.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Welp I'm officially a Colorado resident. Bought a 2013 Xterra. Just the S 4x4, not the Pro-4x that is incredibly desirable around here, and honestly it's not like I need a locking rear diff for the kind of stuff I'll do. Finally don't have to take a regular car wilderness camping anymore.

Initial plans:
- roof rack storage box
- build out a sleeping platform for the rear with storage underneath for gear and a cooking station
- skeeter mesh window screens
- drive the fucker

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

ShaneB posted:

Welp I'm officially a Colorado resident. Bought a 2013 Xterra. Just the S 4x4, not the Pro-4x that is incredibly desirable around here, and honestly it's not like I need a locking rear diff for the kind of stuff I'll do. Finally don't have to take a regular car wilderness camping anymore.

Initial plans:
- roof rack storage box
- build out a sleeping platform for the rear with storage underneath for gear and a cooking station
- drive the fucker

first, pics!!
second, an aftermarket locker is probably cheaper than the markup of the pro-4x, and likely a better unit anyway.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

ShaneB posted:

We got these a while ago and they've worked fine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYXZYMN/

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

chrisgt posted:

I can't remember if I've already posted this or not, but last year I went with a few people out to the tri-point of Maine, New Hampshir, and Quebec. It was pretty fun.

We dug up the ME/NH border stone from 1861?

Went across some sketchy bridges, there were more, but I think this is the only picture I took of one.

And the ugly pig:

I technically illegally walked across the Canadian border during lockdown just to piss on a Canadian pine tree :canada:

I'm kinda digging the tri-points. They're a bitch to get to but they're pretty neat. Made it to the Utah-Idaho-Nevada point

Sagebrush as far as the eye can see

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Hotel Kpro posted:

I'm kinda digging the tri-points. They're a bitch to get to but they're pretty neat. Made it to the Utah-Idaho-Nevada point

Sagebrush as far as the eye can see

That looks like fun! It's something I never thought I'd chase, but it's kind of a fun destination.
The ME/NH/QC one was fun because it's not documented well, there's no road going to it, and once you're a mile away you just park and start bushwhacking. There's no trail, they don't want people going there.
It just adds to the adventure of the whole thing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
A couple weeks ago I put down a deposit on a 2021 Tacoma. Estimates it will be in my possession sometime between July this year and 2027.

I want to take it off the beaten path, but I don't have any plans on getting too crazy. Just getting to some out of the way places for hunting, fishing and camping.

Whats some basic, recommended recovery gear besides the obvious shackles, straps and so on? A winch that I'll probably use once every 10 years is in the works, but its not going to be an immediate thing. Is there a hand winch thats not awful? Or should I just go with an electric when I get it and pray I don't get stuck before then? Whats the opinion on tire chains for anything besides winter/ice?

I don't expect to be driving through fields. Mostly old dirt and logging roads that may or may not have been actively maintained since the middle of last century.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Tire chains are great in mud but you need real chains, not the lightweight wire & elastic crap you can get on Amazon.

Old Alaskan moose buggies used smooth aircraft tires with chains for traction:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Do they work well on exposed rock that may be wet or somewhat slippery?
I'm not planning on rock crawling, but at least a couple "roads" in some areas I plan on going have places where the bedrock is exposed. Granite and gneiss if that makes a diff.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You're not going to slide off of rocks unless you have horrible tires or you're climbing some absurd incline.

Here is my list of recommended items in order of importance:
1. Good tires
2. A spare tire
3. A tire inflator
4. A tire patch/plug kit

Congrats you are now prepared to drive on paved roads, fire roads, dirt roads, gravel roads, forest roads, logging roads, desert washes, and mountain passes.

Optional items that you'll never use unless you're in deep sand or deep snow or deep mud or tall rocks or steep rocks, and you had a lapse in judgement about what line to take, or you decided to fuckin send it:

5. A real shovel
6. Traction boards
7. A winch/come-a-long
7a. A heavy winch needs stronger front springs
7b. Tree saver strap and associated shackles with either of these
8. A recovery strap
8a. This does not work if there isn't another vehicle to get you out.
8b. Tree saver strap and associated shackles with this as well.

You've decided to be cool and modify your vehicle:
1. Better tires
2. Skid plates
3. Rock sliders
4. Suspension
5. Bigger tires
99. A light bar

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

FogHelmut posted:

You're not going to slide off of rocks unless you have horrible tires or you're climbing some absurd incline.

1. Good tires
2. A spare tire
3. A tire inflator
4. A tire patch/plug kit

Optional items that you'll never use unless you're in deep sand or deep snow or deep mud or tall rocks or steep rocks, and you had a lapse in judgement about what line to take, or you decided to fuckin send it:

5. A real shovel
6. Traction boards
7. A winch/come-a-long
8. A recovery strap

1. Better tires
2. Skid plates
3. Rock sliders
4. Suspension
5. Bigger tires
99. A light bar

Thanks for the recommendations.
Basics:
Tires will be stock for as long as they last, I already carry a string/tire plug kit in my corolla, *mental note to get one for the new ride. Also have a $12.99 "compressor". Considering looking at a cordless Milwaukee inflator.

Optional:
I'll probably still get a winch in the near, but not immediate future. A few of these "roads" have some mud pits where I've seen people get stuck, so I'd like to be
able to self extract if necessary. I guess that will necessitate straps, shackles etc.. Shovel is an obvious thing that I never thought of. Pointy spade or flat blade? Or does it really matter when you're stuck, you just need a fuckin shovel?

Modify:
When the stockers wear out, I'll likely get something with a bit more aggressive tread but thats a while yet. I don't even know if this thing will get picked up on this "allocation run" as the dealer calls it. I might be waiting till late summer to pick it up.
I like making poo poo myself from metal, and I'm a decent welder, I like the idea of making my own step bars/rock slider thingies, and maybe skid plates too, but the factory ones, while not as good as aftermarket, are probably "good enough" for whatever I plan on doing. Winch mount, beyond my skills.

Also I FUCKIN HATE light bars.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FogHelmut posted:

Here is my list

all that an no saw? Very good list tbh.

I also have a kinetic recovery rope (the stretchy kind). I was actually in a situation last weekend where it would have been very useful - pulling a Toyota Sienna out of being stuck on the beach. Couldn't use it though, because the Sienna had no discernable recovery points. The dude just wrapped my regular Nylon strap through the rear A-arms or whatever those are and pulled him out very slowly.

I'll add that you should practice using all of your recovery gear before you're in a situation to need it.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 17, 2021

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Saws are cool if you're going somewhere with possibly fallen trees.

Re tires: I've got my stock Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar and they've been fine at street pressure on dirt, sand, gravel, and rock, and snow, and mud. They don't have a ton of miles on them which is probably helpful, but that could be said about any tire. I haven't had a slip or a slide or anything resembling that.

Well maybe in two wheel drive on wet pavement.

I'm sure it might be different if I were climbing a staircase made of rocks where only two wheels were in contact with the ground any given time and I was starting from a dead stop, but I don't do any of that.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
After about one year of wheeling in the PNW, by far my most used item is my onboard air compressor, air-down and air-up tools.
Second is the shovel and saw.
I've used the winch for recovery only once.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

TotalLossBrain posted:

After about one year of wheeling in the PNW, by far my most used item is my onboard air compressor, air-down and air-up tools.
Second is the shovel and saw.
I've used the winch for recovery only once.

What sort of compressor is it? Is it like just a good quality tire inflator, or a real compressor with a small tank?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Kind of in-between. It's the single ARB compressor with their mounting bracket that puts it under the passenger seat. There's a QD fitting right by the seat, super convenient.
It fills my 33's (32 really) from 10 psi to 37 psi in about 2-3 minutes per tire. My only regret is not spending the money on the double compressor, but the mounting plate will fit that if I want to upgrade later.

Edit:. This thing. https://overlander.com/products/arb...xhoCJBQQAvD_BwE

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

1. Good tires
2. A spare tire
3. A tire inflator
4. A tire patch/plug kit

Congrats you are now prepared to drive on paved roads, fire roads, dirt roads, gravel roads, forest roads, logging roads, desert washes, and mountain passes.

5. A real shovel
6. Traction boards
7. A winch/come-a-long
8. A recovery strap

1. Better tires
2. Skid plates
3. Rock sliders
4. Suspension
5. Bigger tires
99. A light bar

Also don't forget:
First-Aid kit including disinfectant and cyanoacrylate(or butterflies/suture string).
A few gallons of drinking water
2-3 days of dry rations.
These couple things can pack pretty small(water bladders) and will make or break a mechanical failure somewhere inhospitable.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm pretty happy with my Viair 88p. I used it one time to fill up my father in law's tire when we plugged it in his driveway.

I've seen people rig these up to mount in their engine bay.

Consensus seems to be that the ones that plug into the cigarette lighter don't have the power/duty cycle to inflate large tires from 15-30+ psi in a reasonable amount of time.

Some people use portable air tanks that you prefill at home. Not sure what size you need to fill all of your tires. You're limited to what the tank can hold, however.

https://www.harborfreight.com/11-gallon-portable-air-tank-65595.html

Edit- also lol always bring a towel

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

I'm pretty happy with my Viair 88p. I used it one time to fill up my father in law's tire when we plugged it in his driveway.

I've seen people rig these up to mount in their engine bay.

Did this with my 88p, mostly happy with it. It's not quite enough compressor for 33x12.5x15 tires but it gets the job done, and is also doubling as my air supply for my rear ARB locker.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I've got a Viair 400P that does the job for me. Easy to keep all the cars aired up in the driveway. I haven't needed to use it too much off road where I'm at so don't need an engine bay mount or multi-tire inflation system. If you find yourself doing it multiple times a week or something the investment would probably be worth the time savings.

My suspension kit came with a pair of ditch lights. It was a fun afternoon project to hook them up via a relay and in-cabin switch but I've only used them like twice.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

What the poo poo are ditch lights? Is that so you can literally see the ditch, if you're driving down a narrow road/trail, or is it the light equivalent of a ditch kit for whatever the hell you would have a ditch kit for?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

What the poo poo are ditch lights? Is that so you can literally see the ditch, if you're driving down a narrow road/trail, or is it the light equivalent of a ditch kit for whatever the hell you would have a ditch kit for?

It let's you see next to you. Can be very useful or completely useless depending on the driving you do.

I'm a fan of having a poo poo ton of lights and also having the ability to only turn on the ones you actually need. I don't want to be a glowing orb just for driving down a ranch road but sometimes I need to be able to see in to the future with a billion lumens.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Do they work well on exposed rock that may be wet or somewhat slippery?
I'm not planning on rock crawling, but at least a couple "roads" in some areas I plan on going have places where the bedrock is exposed. Granite and gneiss if that makes a diff.

I would not use chains in that scenario. I imagine it would be like driving a chain-equipped forklift in concrete: terrible.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I assume everyone in here is already subscribed to these guys, but this is maybe why one would want something called "ditch lights." :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZfUaSsM3b4&t=510s

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I also have a Viair 400p-Auto. I really like the auto off/on feature (if you're not pumping for a few seconds, it turns itself off until you hit the gun again so you're not wasting duty cycle while going between wheels or vehicles). Not sure I'd get another compressor without this feature. I've used it a few times for airing up after off-roading with no issues, but have also used it a ton just for keeping tires at optimal pressure in general. No more having to deal with this with a gas station compressor.

To 2021 Tacoma person, a winch is a pretty big decision as it usually requires a) and upgraded front suspension to handle the increased weight (which is also about as far from the axle as you can get), and b) a bumper modification (hidden winch mount) or full on aftermarket bumper (both of which are probably adding a significant amount of steel to your front end, which in addition to the weight is also probably throwing off the crash safety performance). It's a big step towards turning the truck into a purpose built off-road vehicle as opposed to a general purpose vehicle that's very off-road capable. Is that what you really want on a brand new Taco?

Not trying to discourage you, maybe a winch is what you need for the trails you want to tackle, just want to encourage you to really think it through and maybe get a feel for what the truck is capable of first (go out with a buddy who can help you recover if necessary and play around). I'd personally put tires before winch on the list of priorities (so if you're sticking with stock tires for 20-30k, I think you might be jumping the gun on a winch).

As far as non-electric winch options, I believe you can kinda winch with a hi lift jack if you're careful, but I've never personally done this (I imagine there are plenty of youtube videos on this).

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Another option is a hitch-mount winch. If you’re stuck, it’s often easiest to pull back the way you came. Plus you can remove the winch and stash it inside, where it will be less likely to get poached.

Of course, you have to run some really big wires all the way to the back of the truck.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Splinter posted:

To 2021 Tacoma person, a winch is a pretty big decision as it usually requires a) and upgraded front suspension to handle the increased weight (which is also about as far from the axle as you can get), and b) a bumper modification (hidden winch mount) or full on aftermarket bumper (both of which are probably adding a significant amount of steel to your front end, which in addition to the weight is also probably throwing off the crash safety performance). It's a big step towards turning the truck into a purpose built off-road vehicle as opposed to a general purpose vehicle that's very off-road capable. Is that what you really want on a brand new Taco?

Not trying to discourage you, maybe a winch is what you need for the trails you want to tackle, just want to encourage you to really think it through and maybe get a feel for what the truck is capable of first (go out with a buddy who can help you recover if necessary and play around). I'd personally put tires before winch on the list of priorities (so if you're sticking with stock tires for 20-30k, I think you might be jumping the gun on a winch).

As far as non-electric winch options, I believe you can kinda winch with a hi lift jack if you're careful, but I've never personally done this (I imagine there are plenty of youtube videos on this).

I know you're not trying to discourage, you're just being..... realistic.

I've been contemplating this quite a bit lately as well as doing a bunch of reading. For a noob to off-roading (with things that have wheels) the U.S. offroad site has some useful info on various things that I didn't know or hadn't thought of, so I've been reading, looking at options and so on.
I'd probably go with a hidden mount if I did, as I don't want to add too much weight to the front. It wasn't all that self evident until I did some reading that even 150 pounds (mount + winch + cable + Misc poo poo) is kind heavy to be hanging off the front of the vehicle, but it makes sense especially as, like you said, its far ahead of the axle.

Performance in a crash is definitely something I've thought about as it seems most hidden mounts require removal of the crash bar. I don't know how much that would effect minor vs major collisions. Maybe losing the crash bar means that in a minor collision, my bumper cover would get more hosed up, than normal, but in a major, it wouldn't matter because that poo poo's getting replaced anyway for example.... And also I really really really like factory warranties. How would removing some poo poo at the front affect my warranty WRT to airbags, and/or collision avoidance tech that might be on this thing.

Yeah, I've head about using a hi-lift to pull a stuck ride out of the mud. IIRC, some people refer to that as the jawbreaker.

There is one goon that offroads his Sienna minivan and he's got some sort of hand winch that has been used with success. At least something like that would be cheaper and I could use it to winch from the front or the back. Which is something I've always wondered about.

I guess its situation dependant, but how the hell do you (or don't you) winch yourself out the way you came if your winch is permanently mounted to the front?

I suppose thats a good excuse for a receiver tray mounted winch, just need a receiver on the front.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Performance in a crash is definitely something I've thought about as it seems most hidden mounts require removal of the crash bar. I don't know how much that would effect minor vs major collisions. Maybe losing the crash bar means that in a minor collision, my bumper cover would get more hosed up, than normal, but in a major, it wouldn't matter because that poo poo's getting replaced anyway for example.... And also I really really really like factory warranties. How would removing some poo poo at the front affect my warranty WRT to airbags, and/or collision avoidance tech that might be on this thing.

I'm not an expert in crash systems or anything, but my concern with bypassing or partially bypassing the stock bumper with something rigid like steel mounted to the frame is it would throw off how force is transferred or the timing of how force is transferred, which could throw off how things are designed to crumple or the timing of when airbags deploy. Not sure how much of a safety concern that is for the modified car in practice though. My guess is something like a steel bumper actually protects your engine bay components more than the stock bumper, at the expense of more damage to whatever you hit (since your frontend is now crumpling less).

IANAL, but In the US, I believe warranty coverage can only be denied due to aftermarket modifications if the company can say the mods potentially caused or contributed to the damaged. So for example, powertrain coverage generally can't be denied due to the presence of an aftermarket suspension. When the mods are related to the damage though, they can deny coverage (e.g. manufacturer claims a steel bumper caused airbags to deploy when they wouldn't have stock), and if that happens I think the burden of proof is ultimately on you (and may require litigation) if you disagree with their decision (and in some cases it may be hard to prove they're wrong even if they probably are).

Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 19, 2021

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I only put a bullbar and winch on the front of my ute 6 months ago, was 4wding for 4 years before that. It's worse in every way on road and pretty much useless for the mild stuff too. But having the winch on has given my group the confidence to try things with a much higher level of commitment because if we can't make it we can do a nice slow controlled recovery instead of trying to reverse back out of a really tight steep spot. If you're serious about 4wding I'd recommend one, if you're just starting out I'd spend my money elsewhere until you get to the point where the lack of a winch is what's holding you back.

Splinter posted:

I'm not an expert in crash systems or anything, but my concern with bypassing or partially bypassing the stock bumper with something rigid like steel mounted to the frame is it would throw off how force is transferred or the timing of how force is transferred, which could throw off how things are designed to crumple or the timing of when airbags deploy. Not sure how much of a safety concern that is for the modified car in practice though. My guess is something like a steel bumper actually protects your engine bay components more than the stock bumper, at the expense of more damage to whatever you hit (since your frontend is now crumpling less).

The bullbar I have has weak zones built into the mounts so in a hard crash it will fold a bit and allegedly is engineered to not mess with the airbags. It's a legal requirement here, isn't it required over there?

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

ili posted:

The bullbar I have has weak zones built into the mounts so in a hard crash it will fold a bit and allegedly is engineered to not mess with the airbags. It's a legal requirement here, isn't it required over there?

:lol:

We’re required to have a ‘bumper’ front and rear. No definition other than that. I could probably find half a dozen made of wood within a mile of my house.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I saw a really fast sounding WRX yesterday that had an intercooler for front impact protection, cool wing too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Have a chance to be in the Silverton region late this summer, in a stock Subaru.

Any recommendations for bumpy roads that are on the tame side? I'm aware usability of a road depends on the year and current weather so I'll still have to ask locally when I'm there, but if I can come up with a list of potential places from 1000 miles away that'd be great.

For example, I'd love to make it up to Clear Lake.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

What should I watch out for on an '04 Lexus GX 470?

I found one locally with the options I want (heated seats, sunroof, no navigation) in a color I like (light blue). It's got 156k miles (which I'm not in love with, but these things are pretty old at this point) and is priced just under $15k, which ... I mean, I feel like it's a lot, but I think it's pretty much market rate.

I plan to get a 3rd party inspection, also, but I'm wondering if there's anything specific I should be looking for besides leaks, funny noises, and rust/damage.

edit: And it's got some cracking on the dash on the passenger side. Looking through other listings, it looks like some have it, some don't - guessing "whether or not the passenger tends to put their feet on the dash". Not sure how I feel about that, but it seems like a pretty big flaw.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 12, 2021

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Slow is fast posted a brief guide a while back:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2755109&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=98#post497104132

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

That's awesome, thank you!

(And SlowIsFast, thank you, too!)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The prices on the GXs have been shooting up, it's crazy. As slowisfast said in the guide, definitely check out the GXOR facebook page, they're very helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Yeah, even just gauging locally, it looks like anything under 200k miles is going to run about $15k. There's a few that look really nice lower mileage for 20+, and there's an '06 with the right options and 302k for just under $10k.

Honestly, kind of wondering how crazy I'd be to just buy the 300k+ one, because I'm going to mod a bunch of poo poo anyway, and replacing an engine or transmission for a couple grand will hurt less if I spent less than $10k on it.