Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Perhaps a hamster posted:

There is absolutely *nothing* correct about punching Cuno :colbert:

...well, maybe if your relevant stat is so low you have no chance of succeeding and end up making an idiot of yourself, then it's allowed. I love how Kim just absolutely refuses to help you get up if you do so too.

Getting that "-1 Cuno dominated you" modifier forever after was priceless as the constant reminder of my failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well I use the map all the time but somehow it seems I missed the fast travel

it's buggy as gently caress, pretty sure. so far as I can tell you can travel between the church, fishing village, and plaza in front of the whirling by clicking a "TRAVEL HERE" icon on the map, when you're actually in one of those three spots. for me it becomes available for one or two uses sporadically before vanishing again, based on a pattern I can't understand

repiv posted:

TIL there's a mysterious pair of eyes you can talk to, only on Day 1 and only if you pass a very high Perception check for that early in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE_Mf5syq0I

holy cow it's real

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

FishMcCool posted:

Getting that "-1 Cuno dominated you" modifier forever after was priceless as the constant reminder of my failure.

Whereas I feel absolutely great about my "+1 Agreed you're Cuno's pig".

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Fast travel only works when:

You're standing in the Whirling-in-Rags plaza
You're standing next to the washing woman in the village
You're standing in front of the door to the church, but not up close to it

You activate it by pressing the "travel here" buttons on the map in your journal, which you have to get from the bookstore.

I really wish they had a fast travel option to Evrart, he has a pretty big open space right before you walk into his container! It'd be perfect.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Sankara posted:

I really wish they had a fast travel option to Evrart, he has a pretty big open space right before you walk into his container! It'd be perfect.

not an empty quote

once you figure out how it works the fast travel is amazing for cutting some of the tedium out of the game but holy poo poo do they need a fast travel point inside the harbour

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
not gonna lie I enjoyed clobbering that kid

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Sankara posted:

You activate it by pressing the "travel here" buttons on the map in your journal, which you have to get from the bookstore.

It's also disabled at certain points during the plot, where the game expects you to walk into a location.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I've been watching Etalyx's playthrough on Twitch, I didn't know him before but his playthrough has been really funny. Just everything going wrong, loving up rolls constantly and just trying to wing it. It's been pretty good. He snake-eyed a 92% roll and it was amazing. Just by loving up a bunch of roll he accidentally created a Monster Cop. A great first playthrough.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Huge Manatee posted:

It's also disabled at certain points during the plot, where the game expects you to walk into a location.

What so I can’t just Instant Transmission into the middle of the tribunal?

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

christmas boots posted:

What so I can’t just Instant Transmission into the middle of the tribunal?

Yeah, I realised something was up immediately, got the You cannot fast travel when enemies are nearby. vibe.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

In my Final Cut playthrough fast travel stopped working well before the tribunal, I was still doing quests on the coast and hadn't passed the special shivers check yet. Still don't know what triggered it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
A golden sun melts down your throat, its rays filling your nostrils with sunshine. Your stomach melts from it -- into a happy gooey mess! So does your mind, all the bad things are melting. You're you again. A *real* cop. A real detective. *Incredibly* well done.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Finished the game a couple times right around release, definitely one of my favourite gaming experiences ever. I'm picking it back up with the final cut out and intend to do a HARDCORE run. I can't recall much of what options I went with in my last playthroughs, think I went communard hobocop who got poo poo done.

I do recall never being able to open that goddamn container in the shipping yards. I'm thinking of going a 5-3-2-2 build with Inland Empire as my special skill for this reason, so help me god that loving thing opens this time, I don't care how many things I have to level up Rhetoric to do it.

Basically for any suggestions of fun ways to play genius cop or things to consider vis a vis political quests before diving in would be appreciate.

Levin fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 19, 2021

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I've been working on my Hardcore mode, high-motorics, ignore-the-body run, and oddly I haven't noticed much of a difference between Hardcore mode and normal. Maybe the differences really are just that subtle (I think I'm noticing more 92% chances vs 97% in my previous run), but one of the stated changes was less money lying around and I haven't felt that at all.

I am, however, having a shockingly hard time earning the Boring Cop trophy. I keep saying boring noncommittal things, but it seems like none of them count!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If you look at those GitHub lists with all boring cop convos, many of them are introductions. It took until day 3 with me actively going for it until I got 7.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sankara posted:

Yeah i found it yesterday. Not sure how I missed those huge TRAVEL HERE buttons for so long but somehow I did

Not so useful as I expected, unfortunately. I thought it was something you could use from everywhere and that would be more travel points

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Spoilers for the Church Dance Club Quest and the Shivers Check at the end of it:

I've done this quest before and Shivers told me the city would be destroyed by a bomb in like, 22 years or something. This time, with Shivers nearly maxed, I never got that part about the bomb. Am I misremembering when she says that stuff or did they take it out or something?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

mary had a little clam posted:

Spoilers for the Church Dance Club Quest and the Shivers Check at the end of it:

I've done this quest before and Shivers told me the city would be destroyed by a bomb in like, 22 years or something. This time, with Shivers nearly maxed, I never got that part about the bomb. Am I misremembering when she says that stuff or did they take it out or something?

You need to pass a fairly high (14?) passive rhetoric check to clock that La Revecholrie is laying it on thick with the praise, and to ask her why.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Random observation: you can bypass the bad dream about your ex if you solve the case fast enough and skip the chance to rest in the bunker even if you do/say the things that trigger memories of your ex

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Vagabong posted:

You need to pass a fairly high (14?) passive rhetoric check to clock that La Revecholrie is laying it on thick with the praise, and to ask her why.

drat, and this is a Commie Cop run so I've been pumping Rhetoric!

Ah well...

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

sean10mm posted:

Random observation: you can bypass the bad dream about your ex if you solve the case fast enough and skip the chance to rest in the bunker even if you do/say the things that trigger memories of your ex

Skipping sleeping obviously avoids the bad dream (I skipped it accidentally my first time through), but it doesnt get you the good one.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

sean10mm posted:

I did this because it seemed a bad idea to go to sleepin the hideout of the murderer I was hunting Kind of wish I got the dream though. Feels like the story suffered from not having any kind of conclusion to that thread

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Started this game not long ago and really enjoying it, but have a question about progressing the story - halfway through day 4 I got to a point where Kim more-or-less told me that doing anything else would progress the story (exploring the tunnels under the building that Ruby may be hiding in) so I went off and polished off most of the remaining side quests, except for the ones that seem to relate to the main quest. Problem is, I only started the Communism vision quest just now and that requires me to come back at the end of the next day, which will mean pretty much an entire day of just killing time. Am I correct that I won’t be able to do this quest after, and if so is it worth going out of my way to do the side quest?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Noxville posted:

Started this game not long ago and really enjoying it, but have a question about progressing the story - halfway through day 4 I got to a point where Kim more-or-less told me that doing anything else would progress the story (exploring the tunnels under the building that Ruby may be hiding in) so I went off and polished off most of the remaining side quests, except for the ones that seem to relate to the main quest. Problem is, I only started the Communism vision quest just now and that requires me to come back at the end of the next day, which will mean pretty much an entire day of just killing time. Am I correct that I won’t be able to do this quest after, and if so is it worth going out of my way to do the side quest?

I haven't done the commie vision quest: does it want you to return "the next day," or "later"? the ultralib vision quest wanted me to return to a spot after doing the spoiled thing.

that said, it's easy enough to kill time reading/doing things in your ledger/the bookstore, and there's no actual time pressure, regardless of what the plot may imply. so there's no penalty to futzing around for a day. maybe even play a nice board game with Kim

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

but it doesnt get you the good one.

The What?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kaiju15 posted:

The What?

if you avoid images and detailed descriptions of Dolores Dei and memories of Harry's ex for the whole game, upon sleeping in the flak tower you get this dream

World War Mammories posted:

just finished disco elysium for the sixth or maybe seventh time. pulled off the plot thread resolution I was trying to do, entirely avoiding Dora and having a peaceful final dream on the island:

I was worried that two or three mentions of Dolores Dei could have precluded it - Kim mentioned her when talking about the body's tattoos, and Joyce as well during her story of the discovery of Insulinde - but apparently not. jamais vu and the reality lowdown didn't seem to be a problem either. I never cracked open the ledger's hidden compartment nor got the jeans with the gum wrapper to avoid any odors of apricot, never entered the church or talked to andre and company, never dialed either phone, never clicked on the shelf with the book about the innocences. the dialogue with the phasmid even accounted for it:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I did this because it seemed a bad idea to go to sleepin the hideout of the murderer I was hunting Kind of wish I got the dream though. Feels like the story suffered from not having any kind of conclusion to that thread

A lack of closure is kind of the point of that part of the story. Unless you mean that you missing the dream was the problem.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

This made me wonder: (after not having played it for 15+ years) how much ignorance can you maintain and still beat PST? Just imagining TNO staring into the abyss and politely saying I don't see what this has to do with me, while his happy adventure buddies bite their lips. I imagine Ravel and the core story lays it out for you explicitly, but can't remember if you need to expose all the character histories and other horrors.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 19, 2021

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone done the moralimen vision quest? Ended up being extracted and getting a non standard game over screen.

Is that what's supposed to happen or did I gently caress it up somewhere?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 19, 2021

nabo
Oct 23, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Anyone done the moralimen vision quest? Ended up being extracted and getting a non standard game over screen.

Is that what's supposed to happen or did I gently caress it up somewhere?

that happens when you tell them about the pale stuff in the church

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Patch for the PC version dropped

quote:

General Voice Over fixes.
Improved Kim pathfinding
Fixed controller interaction during Seafort Dream
Fixed controller interaction with The Pigs
Fixed Sandcastle interaction
Fixed car interaction
Fixed car texture
Fixed instances where the tide never receded near the swings
Fixes pawnshop healing interaction
Fixed Thought Cabinet freezes
Fixed save game bugs
Fixes for Cutscene locks and edge-case interactions with controllers
Improved Church interaction
Further improved church cutscene behaviour under certain conditions.
Finishing thoughts should no longer throw players into the void in certain conditions.
Tons of smaller bug fixes.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm actually able to start the game after the PC patch, whee!

I think it still starts slower than it did before, though, but whatever.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

A lack of closure is kind of the point of that part of the story. Unless you mean that you missing the dream was the problem.

Yeah I was struggling to phrase that correctly and i guess i failed, cause yeah i mean missing the dream means that whole plot thread barely comes up at all in the finale, and it feels like it should

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008

Noxville posted:

I did the same and it cancelled the vision quest at the same part by progressing the story, so definitely read or play the day away to continue that if you'd like to before moving on.

gently caress me, I used up all my good rolls for finding a possible end to the world, perfecting anodic tunes and rocking the gently caress out before getting way too many people killed. What an incredible rollercoaster. Ran into repeated issues towards the end - the church bug and the finishing thoughts void bug among others - so I'm glad to see those are being fixed and can't wait to play through again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Biggest Communism Builder
Employ critical theory 9 times

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Anyone have any idea why Kim isn't offering to pawn the spinners for the cash I need to give Garte? I had to start a new game on my PS5 cause the save data wouldn't transfer, and I've been having a great deal of fun playing radically differently from usual, but now I'm at the end of day 1 and might be fuckin' stuck.

My best guess as to what may be causing this issue is I ran from Garte at the start(e) and into Lena, and as a result Garte agreed to bump what I owe him down to 100 real.. I really hope this isn't what's causing the problem, but I'm almost willing to bet it is.

I spoke to Kim when it turned 21.00 and then spoke to Garte. Did things like I usually do them and all, but then after the conversation with Garte, I'm still not getting any prompt from Kim about pawning them drat spinners.

If anyone can suggest a fix where I don't have to basically start all over, or can tell me if there's a way to come by like a hundred real after midnight, please for the love of god, do.

EDIT: FORTUNATELY, I figured it out. Had to go look in the car is all. Jesus loving Christ, I was nearly panicking because I'd been having so much fun and most my rolls were surprising me in good ways for a change. Didn't wanna have to start over.

Edit 2: lmao, I can't believe the "the man from hjelmdall is a superstar and so am I, so you should give me this tacky tshirt for free" worked. gently caress I love this game sl much

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 20, 2021

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I have beaten the game multiple times and want to do a 6/6/6/6 start, what's the best way to cheat up my attributes and skills?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Probably late to the party on this one, but I get the strong feeling that at the start of the Superstar thought, where you catch a glimpse of a bright light for a moment, it's the gleam off the barrel of the Deserter's rifle.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
One real-life thing here that's relevant is that there are a lot of people who specifically do not have an "inner voice" when they think.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

One real-life thing here that's relevant is that there are a lot of people who specifically do not have an "inner voice" when they think.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech

That is definitely one of the scariest concepts to me. I do know a few people who are EXTRAORDINARILY unreflective and seemingly unable to be alone. I can't help but wonder if they have this lack of inner voice.