Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!
I appreciate endlessmonotknys commitment toiving up to their name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

well im convinced

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
It's disgraceful either of these cunts were ever labour mps and also lol

https://twitter.com/EleniCourea/status/1384086942124363780?s=19

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Iirc Michael Dugher took the piss out of Matt Zarb-Cousin for being a former gambling addict while opposing restrictions on Fixed Odd Betting Machines on behalf of the industry

Just an absolute poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
lol

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1384080202284761088?s=20

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

In 2012, De Piero held a national tour called 'Why Do People Hate Me?' designed to discover why voters were so disenchanted with politicians.[22] She visited bingo halls, jazzercise classes, warehouses and golf clubs to ask people about their disenchantment, writing that 'I want to hear the disillusionment in their own words'.

bingo, jazzercise, warehouse and golf. the four classes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Imagine just how sheltered and ignorant MPs have to be if they have to go on tour asking people why people hate politicians

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

gently caress yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_24OkXN6pg

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LMBO I love the title of the latest BBC article about NI:

Northern Ireland: Did anyone warn about Brexit border checks?

Though the conclusion of the article might be even better: nobody really did, apparently, except for all the people over there quick look away

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 13:35 on Apr 19, 2021

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Private Speech posted:

Though the conclusion of the article might be even better: nobody really did, apparently, except for all the people over there quick look away

quote:

In response, the Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster spoke of "deeply offensive" scare stories from the Remain campaign
of course she did lmao

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hoping for a twist in there where it turns out they're actually sorry they only got one Mountbatten instead of all of them, rather than the more likely outcome that the succ has gone global

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

When the queen dies Sinn Fein will apologize profusely and officially surrender all of Ulster to the UK as a sign of apology.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
lol

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1384127606807662597?s=20

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This has completely cheered me up and turned my day around, thank you so much

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol https://twitter.com/PA/status/1384133913635823631

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I was waiting for him to get milkshake ducked

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Private Speech posted:

Lol that the "reality check correspondent" is named Chris Morris

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

think they tried it in Hull and it’s gone nowhere

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Private Speech posted:

Lol, the whole article is "Did anyone talk about a land border because of Brexit? No, it wasn't part of the discussion. Here are three examples of Remain people talking about it. But what about a sea border? Nobody saw this as a possibility. Here are two examples of Remain people warning about it."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Maybe I don’t get UK politics but I’m curious why you guys thought that particular dude could possibly be criticizing him from the left

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Drunkboxer posted:

Maybe I don’t get UK politics but I’m curious why you guys thought that particular dude could possibly be criticizing him from the left

THAT MAN IS NOT ALLOWED IN MY PUB without a reasoned debate on how he's undermining labour left and it's getting hard to assume that his actions are in good faith as an effective party strategy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

who gives a gently caress, Kieth must be destroyed, and this is the beginning.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

can't believe that anti-Semitic Corbynista wouldn't let Keir in his pub

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Nonsense posted:

I’d say this is past the beginning - he’s been self destructing basically since day one. it is however a very satisfying blow to be landed and arguably more damaging coming from an anti-lockdown person. a dirty lefty attacking him is expected but this is a new and less easily cast off demographic

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Jakabite posted:

I’d say this is past the beginning - he’s been self destructing basically since day one. it is however a very satisfying blow to be landed and arguably more damaging coming from an anti-lockdown person. a dirty lefty attacking him is expected but this is a new and less easily cast off demographic

Isn't this the demo he's trying to reach lol

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Drunkboxer posted:

quite the opposite, actually - it demonstrates that literally no matter how right wing you go you'll be despised by the right for largely entirely justifiable reasons - if boris johnson rolled out idk free tuition tomorrow, not that he would, it wouldn't get me onside.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

An insane mind posted:

Isn't this the demo he's trying to reach lol

it’s hard to say in relation to that guy specifically but yeah, the anti lockdown crowd are generally pretty crossed over with the right wing gammon/little England crowd

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

That BBC article is so loving dumb. The prospect of the return of a land border in Ireland was precisely why the DUP were so mad keen on Brexit, despite the majority of the population here and pretty much every other party being against it. Unfortunately due to their clown car levels of bigotry, stupidity and corruption the whole thing blew up in their face and they ended up with a border in the sea and gave everyone here a hearty chuckle at how loving dumb they were for trusting Boris Johnson. Now of course they are swinging around wildly and trying to blame everyone and anyone else for their epic cock up. Its the greatest self own in Irish history.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
ceterum autem censeo kiethaginem esse delendam

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
https://twitter.com/PhilipProudfoot/status/1384191843303247876?s=19

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Jakabite posted:

it’s hard to say in relation to that guy specifically but yeah, the anti lockdown crowd are generally pretty crossed over with the right wing gammon/little England crowd

he is deeply concerned about freedom (of customers to hand him cash)

nothing to do with petty commerce, it’s his right as an Englishman to go where he pleases (he does not please to go to Europe so the loss of free movement doesn’t affect his freedoms)

Keith could have said “bullshit, this is all about your till- and Labour will give you money to make up for it” but that would require sentience

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

this video here is great, both for keith's bodyguard goon assaulting the guy in his own pub, and that immediately after leaving surrounded by a dozen people, keith immediately takes his mask off

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The way it's being reported on is revealing: the general tone reminds me of the later Ed Milliband era, definitely veering into 'hapless' territory now.

But yeah, it also shows the utter futility of trying to appease the gammons: that demographic's already decided what they think of Starmer and they see his attempts to woo them as both insincere and painfully weak (which I do too, honestly).

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we need keith eating something awkwardly stat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
reckon theres a good chance this is just the first

https://twitter.com/pmillerinfo/status/1384429988540190721?s=20

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

toilet council

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

reckon theres a good chance this is just the first

https://twitter.com/pmillerinfo/status/1384429988540190721?s=20

one of my partner's friends grew up in Oman and Dubai as a civil service brat, and that embassy in particular apparently has some amazing scandals

the only one I know is the Sultan walking out of a unmonitered meeting and demanding that prince Andrew be on a plane that hour, and to never come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
just absolutely worthless country and organisation

https://twitter.com/NesrineMalik/status/1384036790722465802?s=20