Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mix. posted:

Wendys is the dark souls of fast food and no i will not elaborate

(im just mad because every time we get food from there the fries are gross as hell)

that sux cuz Wendys fries wear the golden crown of best fries of all the universe

yerppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

If you're looking for a nice change of pace from fries, Wendy's breakfast potato wedges are real good, but I agree their fries are very very good when they haven't been sitting out for a few hours

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

enjoy your +1 intelligence boost from eating fries, as according to the feast of legends rulebook

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Big fan of witch hats, which also coincidentally give +int.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gonna spam some witch pics from dungeon fighter online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Drn1KEOoxw

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Philthy posted:

that sux cuz Wendys fries wear the golden crown of best fries of all the universe

when i lived down south i wouldve agreed with you, but up here in the midwest no matter how busy or dead they are the fries are always a soggy mess

this is why culvers is better

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

she does not have a hat or a broomstick and yet is very much a witch

New age revisionist witch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How come I know when hitler’s birthday is but I don’t know when his deathday is

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

because he couldn't wait until 6/9 to kill himself. an inglorious unfunny number death

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God the more I learn about Hitler the less I like him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

she does not have a hat or a broomstick and yet is very much a witch

Shes ethnically a witch but not a practicing witch

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I know there are a few popular, one-time-purchase card games on steam. Any of them good MTG substitutes?

I've started playing Arena, but that thing's a money hole. Limited deck building is the aspect of MTG I've always liked the most, but drafts are f-ing expensive.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rinkles posted:

I know there are a few popular, one-time-purchase card games on steam. Any of them good MTG substitutes?

I've started playing Arena, but that thing's a money hole. Limited deck building is the aspect of MTG I've always liked the most, but drafts are f-ing expensive.

I started playing arena yesterday since its come out on phones now. Haven't played actual magic since like 2003 or whatever. Does the game give you enough to do without spending any money on it? Not into the hyper competitive scene, just want to play some magic against a computer or whatever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I haven't been in Arena in a while but it doesn't really let you play against the AI in a satisfying way. Easy to random match against people though and you get enough free stuff to build at least one good deck before you start having to think about the grind. You also get enough resources to do drafting as a "sometimes food" if you have willpower to not break down and drop money to churn through them like I have in the past...

I have been considering jumping back in even if the current NotHarry Potter set doesn't seem like the most exciting theme

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I started playing arena yesterday since its come out on phones now. Haven't played actual magic since like 2003 or whatever. Does the game give you enough to do without spending any money on it? Not into the hyper competitive scene, just want to play some magic against a computer or whatever

I'm just getting to grips with how the Arena model works, but yes you can play magic without paying, but you're not given many cards to choose from.

After completing the tutorial you get 5 mono colored decks, after which you get to unlock a 2 color deck every day until you get them all (instead you get an extra daily quest from then onwards).

You can create whatever deck you want with the cards you're given, and as long as they're standard legal (you can buy older packs), you can play against random players or bots (but bot games don't count towards quests) as much as you want. This is fine, and still magic, but you're going to be playing with some pretty crappy cards. In unranked matches so will most of the competition, at least. But the biggest appeal to me is draft and sealed.

Once you unlock all the decks, if you do all the daily quests, I think you should be able to get a free draft every 10 or so days.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You should be getting enough rare and mythic wildcards quickly enough to build a competitive enough deck after you get out of the starter phase. You only start to push against the F2P limits if you're trying to run 2 or 3 top tier decks or are brewing

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also don't forget to redeem these codes for some free packs (though not all of them are still standard legal) and minor cosmetics

https://mtgazone.com/mtg-arena-codes/

(though I've heard you can't redeem using the phone version!)

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You should be getting enough rare and mythic wildcards quickly enough to build a competitive enough deck after you get out of the starter phase. You only start to push against the F2P limits if you're trying to run 2 or 3 top tier decks or are brewing

I still haven't decided what deck to go with. I wasted a few common wildcards I ended up unlocking the next day in the free deck. Feels bad that a lot of better cards will be leaving in the next rotation.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
All that actually sounds alright for a filthy casual like me. I always liked trying to build half-decent decks out of lovely cards

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
happy hitler weed day everyone

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

fridge corn posted:

All that actually sounds alright for a filthy casual like me. I always liked trying to build half-decent decks out of lovely cards

Yeah that's been decently fun, especially since in unranked that's what almost everyone else is doing. But I think it'll get old fairly quickly for me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's 20/04 and Hitler would recognise it as such. No weed for Hitler.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

After completing the tutorial you get 5 mono colored decks, after which you get to unlock a 2 color deck every day until you get them all (instead you get an extra daily quest from then onwards).

correction, i don't think you get an extra daily. you always get only one daily quest, but can stack up to three if you don't play every day.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love that persona 2's rerelease "censored" hitler by just renaming him fuhrer and giving him sunglasses

Thinking about how wolfenstein rpg just moved hitler's mustache down to his chin

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Thinking about how wolfenstein rpg just moved hitler's mustache down to his chin

That’s pretty hilarious.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish we had pc releases of doom rpg 1 & 2 and wolfenstein rpg :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Acerbatus posted:

New age revisionist witch

Third wave witch

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

spending money on Arena is a huge trap when you could be spending money on MTGOnline and then you can trade your cards away for tickets to play more limited

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Experts, what's the defining characteristic that separates Witches from Hags? Age? Time in service to a demonic patron? Recreational child eating?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/benmekler/status/1384251329434906625?s=20

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I can only think of the Leonard Nimoy song whenever anyone mentions Bilbo Baggins.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LOTRO ftw

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lotro Lotrowns

Mode 7 posted:

I finished Genesis Noir last night. I'm going to write up some more concrete thoughts some time this week when I've had time to digest it a little bit, but my pithy one-sentence review would be "Genesis Noir is a fantastic animated film cruelly twisted into being a video game through the addition of insipid puzzling mechanics".

Anyway here's a sassy videogame witch.

One of the puzzles broke and I had to reset an hour back and the style was good but not good enough to replay. You're right in other words lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 20, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Gonna spam some witch pics from dungeon fighter online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Drn1KEOoxw

this MMO is surprisingly good and I should play it again.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I thought about playing it again, but eh..

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I'm totally F2P except for buying the Mastery passes, I started a new account just like 2 months ago, and I've gotten a ton of cards and wildcards, I have at least 2 competitive decks and like 5 casual brews that are good enough for Unranked

Arena only really sucks if you can't stand playing with "suboptimal" cards for a little bit or if you only want to play Limited. Sucks that you have to get 7 wins in Sealed to make a profit.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

One of the puzzles broke and I had to reset an hour back and the style was good but not good enough to replay. You're right in other words lol

Over the course of my playthrough I encountered three complete softlocks from progression triggers of various kinds failing to fire. Also another weird bug where my cursor got stuck as a tiny dot until I restarted the game which wasn't really a softlock but given that working out what you can interact with and how is generally indicated by your cursor changing shape I sure as hell wasn't going to suffer through it and just sucked it up and restarted the section.

The first of the softlocks I got was in the first fifteen minutes of the game which wasn't a great first impression. Honestly I'm mostly just irritated because I was extremely all in for the theme/vibe of the game and boy howdy that really wrenched me right the gently caress out of it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

On a brighter note I started Wandersong on my Switch tonight and this game is freaking delightful :3:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mode 7 posted:

On a brighter note I started Wandersong on my Switch tonight and this game is freaking delightful :3:

Wandersong is excellent and also never softlocked on me :v:

I tried to name the bard Ben because it was the first thing I thought of but it wanted four letters so he was Bend the Bard lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

this MMO is surprisingly good and I should play it again.

Same, I haven't touched it in a while and I never touched the Tower or Raid or PVP stuff and never wanted to so it shouldn't take too long to get through the main quest stuff. I think the worst part might still be Empyrean just because Empyrean has a lot of areas that can feel sorta samey, like the multiple dungeons that are just variations on "You're fighting sea creature pirates on the water train" or "you're beating up the secret juggalo cartel army"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I really loved PVP as a Battlemage. Juggling people with chasers forever was great fun.