Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Imma lay on you in a little bit big boy

edit - good rear end snipe

edit 2 - I noticed the other night that Jujimufu is back and posting videos again. Got a sick home gym (well, a proper whole gym next to his home) being built around him as he's working out. Not 100% sure what happened between him and his former partner Tom but happy to see Juji back and looking hella ripped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?jujimufu?featured

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Tom allegedly embezzled something like 100k from their grip genie business to pay gambling debts and buy dumb poo poo. Tom was majority owner and just withdrew money without consulting Juji and the other guy. Juji has a restraining order on him and according to his lawsuit Tom has a history of raging and breaking poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiiJUuBOwRU

I've watched a few of Juji's new videos and its just.. kinda awkward. He has a new entourage that aren't as comfortable in front of the camera or as charismatic/goofy as Tom, and you can tell he is pretty stressed out. Sucks that Tom is kind of a shitbag because they had good chemistry together and made some entertaining and funny stuff. I hope Juji's channel and success don't take a hit from all of this.

Constipated fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 30, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Constipated posted:

Tom allegedly embezzled something like 100k from their grip genie business to pay gambling debts and buy dumb poo poo. Tom was majority owner and just withdrew money without consulting Juji and the other guy. Juji has a restraining order on him and according to his lawsuit Tom has a history of raging and breaking poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiiJUuBOwRU

God drat. That sucks.

Not only took 100k but it looks like took another 100k (ish) in unauthorized loans. What a scum bag.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

SML-2 built and ready to use. I can do pull-ups again!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY1TOx4nWV4

LOL

E: Ah gently caress, it's a Rippetoe video. I don't know why I thought I saw Thrall in the thumbnail and thought he was making fun of Rippetoe.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Anyone else do double kettlebell swings? I feel like with the wider stance the hinge isn't quite as deep. Also, I feel it's easier on my shoulders, it's easier to keep them packed because I can rotate them independently.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Yeah doubles force you to use a sumo stance which tends to be a bit more quaddy. I don't really do swings but I do double cleans fairly often

Try learning the sport style swing, it's an interesting variation and really leans into the squattiness

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I actually had some coaching in the sport style. I usually clean that way unless I'd been doing snatches or swings right before hand.

For KBs I currently have doubles of 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24, and singles of 28 and 32. I have a plyo box and an exercise bike. I feel like I probably don't ever need anything else but I kinda want barbells too because I like big weights.

I'll be curious to see how I feel with barbells when I can go to to gym again. I want to get that 200p/300bp/400sq/500dl at some point before I'm a true geezer.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Double 20kg press feeling pretty light. A few months ago I wasn't able to do this. Probably going to move to 24s next week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNTb38hBYtM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Double 20kg press feeling pretty light. A few months ago I wasn't able to do this. Probably going to move to 24s next week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNTb38hBYtM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hell yeah, my dude. Looking good and strong!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Hell yeah, my dude. Looking good and strong!

Thank you brother

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Cured my elbow tendonitis. As usual, the solution is more movement, not less. I used to bench really wide and do push presses and stuff, I switched all my upper body movements to narrower grips and added pauses. I'm sure the the fact that the load is lower as a result is a big help, but I think the most important thing is that I am now strengthening my triceps through the full range of motion instead of just at the lockout.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This guy opened a gym across the street from my gym

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I've using the "kettlebell hip thrust" in my workouts from time to time. I try to get one "hinge" movement every workout, and that's a good replacement for single leg deadlifts. And I've read that the hip thrust is a great exercise for improving body composition and increasing athletic performance. But while I'm doing it, I only ever have one thought: lol.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Man, I feel like a week and a half of adding pull ups/chin ups to my workouts had already helped my grip.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

http://danjohn.net/2013/04/the-three-longevity-tests/

I can do a two minute plank.

I can sit on the ground and get back up without using my hands.

lol at the other one though.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

What's a dece number of pull-ups/chin-ups to aim for per set? I can do four sets of eight right now.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Any decent kettlebell handles for plates out there?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

What's a dece number of pull-ups/chin-ups to aim for per set? I can do four sets of eight right now.

10? Then start doing them weighted.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yeah that's always the advice I heard.

Imagine being able to do 10 pull-ups in once set though lol, what a pipe dream

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I am still at less than 1 pull up. I've gotten a pull up a few times in my life, when I've weighed 225 or less. I weigh 255 right now. Anyways, I actually just got a pull up bar. I'm very near the point where the 32kg bell won't be heavy enough for rowing, so I need something else for that pull motion. I'll just do self assisted pull ups, or like flexed hangs or whatever for a while until I get there.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Yeah that's always the advice I heard.

Imagine being able to do 10 pull-ups in once set though lol, what a pipe dream

It helps that I weigh 60+ pounds less than the rest of you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I could be all smug about my 3x10 daily pullups but I doubt I could do it at 225, let alone 255.

Plus it's not like it's done anything for my dumb looking chest or shoulders

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I got up to something like 9,8,8,7 pullups at 240 so 4x10 was in sight. Then my shoulder blew up and I got fat again.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I used an app called Just Six Weeks for pull ups and went from a max set of 10 to a set of 15 pull ups.

I went through it again adding weight and eventually got up to an unweighted set of 18.

This was in my late 30s at 15-20% body fat so there's hope for almost anyone.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I would like to lose weight, but even if I don't there's guys that add enough weight to their pull up that they're pulling up way more than 255. So, like, it's not some impossible number for pulling up. Just gotta do the work, and hey if I manage to lose weight, they'll get even easier

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

All this pullup talk makes me sad that its been forever since I set foot in a gym and I've had to make do with various dumbbell/barbell rows at home. So, I bought a band set you secure between a door and the frame. Not gonna be a pullup, but at least I can do face pulls and pseudo lat pulldowns while bent over or kneeling.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I just ordered Sabo deadlift shoes. I don't really need them, since I'm still just doing kettlebell work at home and can do that barefoot. But I wanted them, so I bought them.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

I just ordered Sabo deadlift shoes. I don't really need them, since I'm still just doing kettlebell work at home and can do that barefoot. But I wanted them, so I bought them.

I'm thinking about getting some squatting shoes. Not that these Chucks aren't getting the job done, but they seem useful.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm thinking about getting some squatting shoes. Not that these Chucks aren't getting the job done, but they seem useful.

I recommend weightlifting shoes with the thicc heels plus high bar squatting. Easier for me to hold my lever, load up the leg springy thing, and drive out.

I wouldn't deadlift with them though. Unless you're training deadlift as a strength training for lifting off cleans but then that's not pure power deadlifting.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

I recommend weightlifting shoes with the thicc heels plus high bar squatting. Easier for me to hold my lever, load up the leg springy thing, and drive out.

I wouldn't deadlift with them though. Unless you're training deadlift as a strength training for lifting off cleans but then that's not pure power deadlifting.

Which of the three squat bar positions will give me the biggest dumper? I've been doing low bar almost exclusively since I started working out because I was wiry and high bar hurt my traps.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Which of the three squat bar positions will give me the biggest dumper? I've been doing low bar almost exclusively since I started working out because I was wiry and high bar hurt my traps.

He kinda goes into it here

https://youtu.be/sdeQjm7avi8

Low and high have their benefits

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Batterypowered7 posted:

It doesn't really matter

Hip thrusts and deadlift variants are the real key to a Gigantic rear end though

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

It doesn't really matter

Hip thrusts and deadlift variants are the real key to a Gigantic rear end though

Low bar squat got me 80% but Romanian deadlift perfected my peachy butt

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime

Hellblazer187 posted:

Old ones or the Pros? I had a pair of the old ones and my girlfriend bought me a pair of the Pro ones for my birthday. She got me the white ones so it looks like I am wearing weird orthopedic clown shoes when I deadlift now, and I can't go back to my old ones without upsetting her

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Whipstickagostop posted:

Old ones or the Pros? I had a pair of the old ones and my girlfriend bought me a pair of the Pro ones for my birthday. She got me the white ones so it looks like I am wearing weird orthopedic clown shoes when I deadlift now, and I can't go back to my old ones without upsetting her

The base model, not the pros. Basically it's a wrestling shoe with an ankle strap and a bit more material on the lateral side to prevent ankle rolling. I think they updated the base model slightly in 2017 so I don't know if it's technically the "old" version. I wanted something pretty minimalist and it seemed to fit the bill.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Whipstickagostop posted:

Dude... LOL!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

All this pullup talk makes me sad that its been forever since I set foot in a gym and I've had to make do with various dumbbell/barbell rows at home. So, I bought a band set you secure between a door and the frame. Not gonna be a pullup, but at least I can do face pulls and pseudo lat pulldowns while bent over or kneeling.

man go find a low hanging tree branch or edge of a garage wall or something. You can't fake pull-ups though I do credit tons of band lat pull downs (looping all my bands over a rafter in my garage), both bilateral and unilateral, for keeping my lats/pulling power kinda active until I could force myself to do pullups on the garage door frame which is like a super lovely set up where I'm convinced there are always spiders waiting to bite my fingers and I can only use my fingers like I'm hanging on the edge of a building which kinda helps because you can imagine you're an action movie star and pull yourself up

pull-ups rule, squats rule, peach butts rule, all of this is the best

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I was excited because I managed to bench 130 pounds for the first time this week after working out for a couple months. Then I read an article that an untrained man of my weight should be able to lift 130.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
eh, screw that article. you're doing great.

I was benching 90 pounds a year ago, kept working on it and last week I did 270.