Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Kalit posted:

:laffo: I stopped listening after about 5 seconds, so I didn't even know that's what she was talking about.

She started rambling after a bit and the reporter ended up cutting her off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Kalit posted:

:laffo: I stopped listening after about 5 seconds, so I didn't even know that's what she was talking about.

"Should we interview the impacted communities of color about their feelings on the upcoming verdict?"

"No."

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

they say you can't predict based on timing, but this feels like it has to be guilty on at least one charge. this wasn't enough time to be a hung jury and i pray to all merciful god that they can't possibly unanimously acquit

This is my thought process as well. It's definitely not hung anyway, since they wouldn't say they'd reached a verdict if it was.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Wow, they just showed a view from outside the court house, and there are a LOT of people gathered.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fingers crossed they get the bastard.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jaxyon posted:

It's not about winning arguments and the fact that you see it this way is pretty telling.

But I can tell you that explaining how ridiculous it is that anyone could possible see anything you did as wrong or racist sure isn't going to do it.

Opening her mouth at all inflames the situation because racists are ready to go off no matter what she says.

If you're trying to help people actually figure out their biases you're not giving them that space and it just comes off as you wanting people to tell you that your right. If you want them to gently caress off than you're doing it right but you're too aggro if you're trying to make some sort of learning moment. Nothing wrong with telling people to gently caress off though if that's your goal.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My anxiety is on 11 right now.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you're trying to help people actually figure out their biases you're not giving them that space and it just comes off as you wanting people to tell you that your right. If you want them to gently caress off than you're doing it right but you're too aggro if you're trying to make some sort of learning moment. Nothing wrong with telling people to gently caress off though if that's your goal.

I don't think people are willing to examine their biases in a forum discussion in D&D because it's constantly about dunking on your posting enemies and your ego.

It's hard enough to get people to examine their biases in spaces where they are supposedly doing anti-racism work, let alone in a "I must be right" thunderdome.

I get that people are going to argue with me about this. It still needs to be said.

I'm done talking about this because the verdict is about to be read.

vvvv yep

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 20, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Gumball Gumption posted:

that's a long and exhausting process for everyone involved and doesn't work online with strangers anyway. the only reasonable response to people complaining about maxine waters in this thread on this day is "gently caress off"

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Manslaughter would be the worst possible result since nobody will be satisfied.

But surely they have to go for Murder 3 at least, going by the evidence.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thoughtless posted:

That's my thought. Not guilty on murder 2, guilty on murder 3 and manslaughter.

To me, that's an acceptable punishment of this crime.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Thoughtless posted:

Conservatives will not be satisfied until every single African American is either a corpse or in chains. The worst possible result I think is easily acquital because it is tantamount to making what we already known to be true a legal precedent: the police can murder anyone at anytime for any reason and face no consequences for doing so.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Cmooooon. Read the verdict.

"Verdict will be read between 3:30 and 4." *verdict read at 3:55*

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Conservatives will not be satisfied until every single African American is either a corpse or in chains. The worst possible result I think is easily acquital because it is tantamount to making what we already known to be true a legal precedent: the police can murder anyone at anytime for any reason and face no consequences for doing so.

Yeah but what I'm thinking is there will be riots from both the right and the left if he gets manslaughter. One because he wasn't acquitted and the other (rightfully, really) because it clearly wasn't enough.

I mean acquittal is worse when it comes to any kind of justice yes, but maybe not for the consequences.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Velocity Raptor posted:

Cmooooon. Read the verdict.

"Verdict will be read between 3:30 and 4." *verdict read at 3:55*

Didn't realize Comcast ran this courtroom.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cops are out everywhere.

https://twitter.com/s_m_i/status/1384604958989819905?s=21

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Waiting until 3:59 so the cops can get ready is reaaaaaaaally not giving me a good feeling.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Waiting until 3:59 so the cops can get ready is reaaaaaaaally not giving me a good feeling.

My anxiety was at 11.

Now it's at 12.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
how would the cops know what the verdict is before the judge does?

calm down a bit people..

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Jaxyon posted:

The courts don't know what the verdict is yet. All they know is one has been reached.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Starsfan posted:

calm down a bit people..

Yeah cops and the justice system has always been completely and utterly fair and just and always follows protocol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Starsfan posted:

calm down a bit people..

it is possible that the judge knows, but it is not typical or ethical.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Lets not tell people to "calm down" about an incredibly tense and serious situation.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Skyarb posted:

Yeah cops and the justice system has always been completely and utterly fair and just and always follows protocol

Like I'm pretty sure the jurors write their verdict on a piece of paper and then hand it to the judge for him to read out to the room, no one but them knows what's on it right now. Everything going on is just assumptions of the worst case scenario of protests.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Lets not tell people to "calm down" about an incredibly tense and serious situation.

Thank you. I was going to give a harsher response but you spelled out what I wanted to say in a more sane way.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Skyarb posted:

Sure but you'd better believe that if every major police force in the USA knew the verdict then it would have 100% been leaked.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Kirios posted:

Didn't realize Comcast ran this courtroom.

Apparently they are. They've missed the appointment.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Skyarb posted:

Is the theory here that the judge and police have conspired to shake down the jury for the "not guilty" verdict early, for a whole 30 minutes of "preparation" that they would make use of for... reasons? Even though it would possibly invalidate the verdict and need the trial to start over again.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
It's starting!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Jaxyon posted:

Sure, but Twitter is a fertile breeding ground for panicked misinformation. Discouraging the reposting content that isn't from credible sources isn't a bad idea.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kirios posted:

That's my thought. Not guilty on murder 2, guilty on murder 3 and manslaughter.

To me, that's an acceptable punishment of this crime.

heck, manslaughter with a half-decent sentence would be... fine

too bad sentencing isn't also tonight

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
here we go

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

1st count guilty

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

waiting on pins and needles

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

2nd count guilty!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
GUILTY 2ND MURDER

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
GUILTY

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

YES GET hosed

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

SECOND DEGREE gently caress YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!!!!