Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hey Pelosi now thank the Black community for persevering to show us how wrong slavery was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Less Fat Luke posted:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1384624882600796167

Jesus Christ Nancy

Edit: Also I don't know what "The Recount" is, it's just the best quality clip I could find of this. Hope it's not some Nazi org or something.

I'm gonna call this Passive Voice Poisoning.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

OwlFancier posted:

They're all loving doing it what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/MayorFrey/status/1384619597576474625

Is this the same loving idiot who got booed out of a protest he decided to try and speak to?

Ooooofff, I like Frey, but this is not great... And yes it is, I was at that protest.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought I recognized his sheldon cooper looking mug.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Ego-bot posted:

Most conservative media figures will be smart enough to say something like this. Even though cops killing black people with impunity is their preferred outcome, throwing Chauvin under the bus lets them blame one of the "bad apples" rather than admit there's systemic rot within the culture of all law enforcement.

You can hear the intended spin straight out - "the American justice system works, it's important that people believe in justice", so it's ok guys we got the Bad Cop, and the next time we get another George Floyd you can be nice and passive and trust the justice system to deliver the correct results, instead of burning your city down.

In the meantime how many more people who didn't deserve death have been summarily executed by the police while this trial was going on

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/ScottMGreer/status/1384617810811408384?s=20

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

OwlFancier posted:

They're all loving doing it what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/MayorFrey/status/1384619597576474625

Is this the same loving idiot who got booed out of a protest he decided to try and speak to?

That was the mayor of Portland, aka the city where nothing happened but the white populace and white cops are warring

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Monaghan posted:

This really has to be drilled into people's heads. It's not training. At bare minimum, it's the police culture that makes them think they are above the law, although I would argue the institution of policing has always been the problem.

Nothing will change until they drag that Killology rear end in a top hat to The Hague for crimes against humanity. Him and every single academy official who signed off on its use in their respective curricula.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I mean the idea is that Floyd's death wasn't in vain and that his killer faces justice. But making it sound like it was good that he died is... not a good thing.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Lmao yes please all cops Go Galt, you'll show us!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:yeah:

finally a good opinion, all cops should quit immediately

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Oh my loving god that Twitter handle has me cackling like an idiot irl.

SCOTT GREER HAS A POSSE 6'2" IQ 187

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That was the mayor of Portland, aka the city where nothing happened but the white populace and white cops are warring

jacob frey absolutely got ran out of a protest when they gave him the mic, it was a pretty major moment in the protests last summer

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Jax Yon 6'11" IQ 275 F-150 KING RANCH EDITION 14" PENIS 10 KANTO GYM BADGES

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Ego-bot posted:

Waiting for the first lib political cartoonist to draw George Floyd wearing the Black Panther costume.

I was having a good half hour before you posted this...

...I bet someone has already drawn it.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

cr0y posted:

While completely ignoring the very simple fact that the jury was sequestered

No they weren't. They were only sequestered at the end for deliberation.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

LeeMajors posted:

Nothing will change until they drag that Killology rear end in a top hat to The Hague for crimes against humanity. Him and every single academy official who signed off on its use in their respective curricula.

Dave Grossman is who you're thinking of.

One thing they really need to stop showing cops is the dashcam video of a traffic cop being killed in a stop. He pulls over a truck that was called in for acting extremely dangerous on the road, gives the driver all the chances, and ends up dying on his dashcam. The dude stopped was already known to have paranoid nervous breakdowns. His family had warned the cops about him. That wasn't relayed to the traffic cop. He expected to give a sobriety test or something and ended up getting murdered. The video is online, if you want to see it. It's not gory, but you get to hear the increasing panic in the traffic cop and his pleading after the dude shoots him, and you see the dude preparing for the execution.

I don't recommend it, it's horrible.

But that video gets shown regularly in training programs, and the lesson they use to teach it isn't "we need to prepare and train individual people for different situations and know all the details before we go in" it's "be prepared at any time for the one in ten million chance that the dude with the broken tail light might pull a gun out of his rear end and murder you."

If you needed to ask, the guy who cold-bloodedly executed the traffic cop was a bearded white man in camo.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 20, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/10TV/status/1384620342606450688?s=20

These pieces of loving poo poo never stop. The person died.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Monaghan posted:

This really has to be drilled into people's heads. It's not training. At bare minimum, it's the police culture that makes them think they are above the law, although I would argue the institution of policing has always been the problem.

Exactly. This is system, and its practically a fluke that it worked against the cop on trial this time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A man who's bragging on twitter about being "6,2" is definitely not actually 6,2

Also lmao 187 IQ. Please tell me that's a parody account. He's like a "White Male fragility" Astronach from the Elder Scrolls :allears:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 20, 2021

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

sleepy gary posted:

No they weren't. They were only sequestered at the end for deliberation.
True. But they were instructed not to watch media, and if they somehow happened to accidentally see it anyway, disregard it. So to argue in an appeal that jurors were intimidated into convicting by protest coverage and that sequestering the jury instead would have been reasonably likely change the outcome requires a lot of jurors ignoring instructions that you'd have to dig up evidence for

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

A man who's bragging on twitter about being "6,2" probably is not actually 6,2

Also lmao 187 IQ. Please tell me that's a parody account.

I think that's the real deal, he's just a dumbass who thinks IQ means anything, which is typical for that sort.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This is the best he could find for his profile picture

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RadioFlav/status/1384627941804494848

There's no loving end to anything, Jesus loving Christ

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SchnorkIes posted:

https://twitter.com/RadioFlav/status/1384627941804494848

There's no loving end to anything, Jesus loving Christ

What did this girl even do to require being put down like a rampaging bear?

Hold up a milkshake menacingly? You would think the loving pigs could at least wait while all eyes are on them to start indiscriminately murdering people again.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 20, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TulliusCicero posted:

What did this girl even do to require being put down like a rampaging bear?

Hold up a milkshake menacingly?

Out after curfew, probably.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
cops gonna cop

at this point throwing every last cop in the us into jail would probably be way more than ten guilty going into a cell for every innocent one

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Foxfire_ posted:

True. But they were instructed not to watch media, and if they somehow happened to accidentally see it anyway, disregard it. So to argue in an appeal that jurors were intimidated into convicting by protest coverage and that sequestering the jury instead would have been reasonably likely change the outcome requires a lot of jurors ignoring instructions that you'd have to dig up evidence for

I don't think it had any effect on the decision. I was only replying to that specific post. I do really hope it is not successfully leveraged on appeal though.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Out after curfew, probably.

unless that shooting happened in a time hole then no, it doesn't look like out after curfew is right

A statewide curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. is in place.

28, 2021, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine enacted a statewide curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. The curfew does not apply to those going to or from work, those who have an emergency, or those who need medical care.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

I mean I know that this dude is already getting torn up for his ridiculous twitter handle but yeah.. if my job entailed me doing things that would get me sent to jail for 40 years for doing them outside of my work, I would probably quit my job right away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Was it with Floyd's death that the police themselves turned up and clapped for the cop the day after?
Or was it another death they did this.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Wait ohio has a state wide curfew?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dave Grossman is who you're thinking of.

One thing they really need to stop showing cops is the dashcam video of a traffic cop being killed in a stop. He pulls over a truck that was called in for acting extremely dangerous on the road, gives the driver all the chances, and ends up dying on his dashcam. The dude stopped was already known to have paranoid nervous breakdowns. His family had warned the cops about him. That wasn't relayed to the traffic cop. He expected to give a sobriety test or something and ended up getting murdered. The video is online, if you want to see it. It's not gory, but you get to hear the increasing panic in the traffic cop and his pleading after the dude shoots him, and you see the dude preparing for the execution.

I don't recommend it, it's horrible.

But that video gets shown regularly in training programs, and the lesson they use to teach it isn't "we need to prepare and train individual people for different situations and know all the details before we go in" it's "be prepared at any time for the one in ten million chance that the dude with the broken tail light might pull a gun out of his rear end and murder you."

If you needed to ask, the guy who cold-bloodedly executed the traffic cop was a bearded white man in camo.

Ah yeah, Grossman. Couldn't remember his name. I've seen the video, sadly--horrifying stuff.

Grossman exploited the tragedy of one death to basically further poison US policing with thin blue line, us v them bullshit.

Awful human.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8es5QnWaZU0

I am in shock that he was convicted on all three charges.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sjs00 posted:

unless that shooting happened in a time hole then no, it doesn't look like out after curfew is right

A statewide curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. is in place.

28, 2021, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine enacted a statewide curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. The curfew does not apply to those going to or from work, those who have an emergency, or those who need medical care.

I was being sarcastic.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh man what great news to come home from work to. Phew!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Insurrectum posted:

He won't be a cop ever again, though.

I wish I were this optimistic.

Abner Assington posted:

Oh my loving god that Twitter handle has me cackling like an idiot irl.

SCOTT GREER HAS A POSSE 6'2" IQ 187

I can only hope, not looking at anything else, that this is a subtle troll account and it should be read as
Scott Greer
62 IQ
187 on an undercover cop

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Crazy Ted posted:

Also to consider is that a man at his age and with his policing history is not really someone prone to be rehabilitated.

Age and criminal history have him a good candidate for rehabilitation id say. We want to rehabilitate those with the most severe criminal behavior. They respond well to it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

He's in his mid 40's now. He's gonna be an old man or die in prison. I'd rather he be rehabilitated but unfortunately prison is an industry about vengeance rather than justice. But it's nice to see the bully murderer get his comeuppance.

You don't think he'll either kill himself or the moment somebody in that prison can he won't be brutally murdered after probably weeks of torture by fellow inmates? Because that seems to me to be the most likely outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

LionArcher posted:

You don't think he'll either kill himself or the moment somebody in that prison can he won't be brutally murdered after probably weeks of torture by fellow inmates? Because that seems to me to be the most likely outcome.

he's going into protective custody forever and the guards are on his side