Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Anyone interested in a Classified collection? I’m done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HK price for Rescue is about $30 cheaper on various sites.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

HK price for Rescue is about $30 cheaper on various sites.

Do you have any links, by chance? And what are shipping costs like?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Do you have any links, by chance? And what are shipping costs like?

https://toyswonderland.com/products/hot-toys-avengers-endgame-rescue-mms538d32?_pos=1&_sid=078669164&_ss=r is one example but shipping from them is like $75.

KGHobby looks to be sold out of preorders.

TNS has free shipping but isn’t listing Rescue anymore.

I think this close to release you’re better off domestic. If you wait for post-release stock you might end up not being able to get one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I had the entire Mando Retro Collection in my hands on a Target grocery run today and of course they’re register-locked for May 1st.

The one time I actually find something at target. :negative:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Whoops wrong thread.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 21, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Hahaha gently caress target, that honks real bad. Maybe one of you kind Amerigoons can hook me up in frigid Canuckistania.

I'm an American, and have never found a single Joe at any Target since this began.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

obi_ant posted:

What is this thread's take on the Marvel United board game? They come with a bunch of figures and I really like the aesthetic of them. I wish I knew about these sooner, because the first Kickstarter, has a lot of cool figures in the stretch goals.

I read about the X-Men one on Reddit and did the Kickstarter because it looks cool.

I bought the base game a couple of days ago (it didn't arrive yet) to try it while the KS is still going. If I don't like it I'll just drop my pledge.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAJOR-BLUD...01&customid=HTF

This can't be real. 3K 4.5K for a classified figure?

Dale-Taco fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 21, 2021

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I read about the X-Men one on Reddit and did the Kickstarter because it looks cool.

I bought the base game a couple of days ago (it didn't arrive yet) to try it while the KS is still going. If I don't like it I'll just drop my pledge.

Thanks. I was going to post on the boardgame thread. Honestly, I'm more into the little models than the game, I'm thinking the board game would be a nice bonus at the end of the day. Also I have a friend that is really good a coloring models (he usually does Warhammer and model guns from movies), I was going to see if these things are paintable cause that might be a nice little hobby.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Davros1 posted:

I'm an American, and have never found a single Joe at any Target since this began.

:negative:

Jesus hasbro, just let me fill the crushing void with brightly-colored plastic instead of therapy like I ought to

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Thanks. I was going to post on the boardgame thread. Honestly, I'm more into the little models than the game, I'm thinking the board game would be a nice bonus at the end of the day. Also I have a friend that is really good a coloring models (he usually does Warhammer and model guns from movies), I was going to see if these things are paintable cause that might be a nice little hobby.

There's a subreddit for the game and people post a lot of their painting work there. Seems like they're pretty easy to paint.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol my local Target has never gotten poo poo. I never even saw any of the Godzilla Vs Kong toys.

They have plenty of Jurassic Park stuff though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lol my local Target has never gotten poo poo. I never even saw any of the Godzilla Vs Kong toys.

They have plenty of Jurassic Park stuff though.

Weren’t the GvK toys Walmart exclusive?

Also as a fan of the old Kenner JP stuff, the modern Mattel Jurassic World stuff is loving fantastic.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Same here. I live in kind of an isolated city and we just have one Target and one Walmart within a couple hundred miles, and a couple of Walgreens stores... The only GI Joe Classified figure I have seen in real life to date was at a Walgreens. Don't remember the guy's name but it wasn't one that anyone here was going crazy looking for. Never seen a single one at Target, nor did I ever see the exclusive Mandalorian / Grogu set, which I actually kinda wanted.

My Target has been pretty good for MOTU figures, and I found that Millennium Falcon there a few months ago, after they canceled my order. But their shelves are pretty bare these days. Walmart has been barren since like October.

The new Jurassic Park stuff does look cool.

I'm traveling next weekend and might get to hit up exotic far-flung retail locations...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Dale-Taco posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAJOR-BLUD...01&customid=HTF

This can't be real. 3K 4.5K for a classified figure?

14k now, Jesus.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

14k now, Jesus.

Action figure NFTs. Non-fungible toys

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Not Found at Target

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I feel like Hasbro is gonna throw Target under the bus when this is all over. It just seems like they have an exclusive distribution partner that doesn’t want to hand sell any drat product. I assume Hasbro and Target are just waiting on their partnership to expire because I’d be shocked if either was happy with this situation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Target's getting and selling plenty. They don't care about individual store stock, just overall numbers.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Hope I can get that new Obi-Wan. My absolute favorite Star Wars costume design is simple robes offset by bits of chunky weathered armor.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Wasn't G.I.Joe as a toyline in pretty bad shape before this relaunch?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Shogun Warriors Skeletor is a bunch of words I didn't expect to read this morning. Only 300USD!

lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Hope I can get that new Obi-Wan. My absolute favorite Star Wars costume design is simple robes offset by bits of chunky weathered armor.

I'm still waiting for the drat HT one. They showed it at an event but only put Anakin up for preorders.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shogun Warriors Skeletor is a bunch of words I didn't expect to read this morning. Only 300USD!

lol

Man Super 7 really started something reviving that form factor.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Target's getting and selling plenty. They don't care about individual store stock, just overall numbers.

Yeah there’s no reason for Hasbro to ditch Target when the figures immediately sell out the moment they’re on shelves. If anything, Target loves the increased foot traffic it creates. Same reason Walgreens loves their exclusives.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol

I need it

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Hisstanks latest meltdown about target exclusives is pretty amusing. Its gone for normal grumbling to buyer-seller contract law to now begin convinced the Bludd is a fake. Interestingly the seller popped up in the thread but refused to say where he got it.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Playmates answered my prayers and gave me the ability to buy a Jet Jaguar figure that wasn’t a vintage import that costs $400.

Unfortunately, it’s a real monkey’s paw situation. He’s forced into this really awkward fighting stance that gives him only one foot and a toe to stand on, and his center of gravity is his right shoulder. This not only makes him impossible to stand up on his own, but also look weird unless you’re looking at him straight on. And I mean, not in the normal way JJ looks weird.

I wish they had just sculpted him standing straight instead of this “McFarlane circa 1998” garbage.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That giant Skeletor is sick but $300 sick? Is it a ultra limited vinyl collectable?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Splint Chesthair posted:

Playmates answered my prayers and gave me the ability to buy a Jet Jaguar figure that wasn’t a vintage import that costs $400.

Unfortunately, it’s a real monkey’s paw situation. He’s forced into this really awkward fighting stance that gives him only one foot and a toe to stand on, and his center of gravity is his right shoulder. This not only makes him impossible to stand up on his own, but also look weird unless you’re looking at him straight on. And I mean, not in the normal way JJ looks weird.

I wish they had just sculpted him standing straight instead of this “McFarlane circa 1998” garbage.

There's M1 Bullmark reproductions like this that you can get as well. $150 seems average for them since it was somewhat recently reissued.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

That giant Skeletor is sick but $300 sick? Is it a ultra limited vinyl collectable?

It is. The Mattel Creations clear Skeletor was very limited and is now pricey. If this is as limited it'll be a grand on the secondary market within a month.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

quote:

It’s about 23 inches tall, made of hard light weight plastic

Weirdly, I'd've been more interested if it was just a big hunk of vinyl. Getting in on it just to flip it doesn't seem worth my effort, but best of luck to Rhyno and the other big-timers itt.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dale-Taco posted:

Hisstanks latest meltdown about target exclusives is pretty amusing. Its gone for normal grumbling to buyer-seller contract law to now begin convinced the Bludd is a fake. Interestingly the seller popped up in the thread but refused to say where he got it.

Stop. Reading. Hisstank.

They have a hidden white supremacist subforum. Seriously. gently caress that site.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Stop. Reading. Hisstank.

They have a hidden white supremacist subforum. Seriously. gently caress that site.

I was unaware of this...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dale-Taco posted:

I was unaware of this...

well yeah the subforum is hidden!!

That's pretty wild though but not in the least surprising. This post from a few months still makes me laugh.

Aphrodite posted:

Yesterday was probably your best shot too, with most of the GI Joe collectors in Washington.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

Stop. Reading. Hisstank.

Jesus Christ :negative:

gregday
May 23, 2003

his stank

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Stop. Reading. Hisstank.

Wait, what!? Like a separate website or an actual hidden section of the Hisstank forums themselves? Seems like something like this would have gotten out...

I don't actually read hisstank, but I do typically go to TFW for transformers stuff. Not registered with either site, thank goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't see why you guys collect a toy line with such a problematic fanbase.

Anyway, has the second wave of Warhammer 40,000 figures started hitting anywhere yet?