Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Kunabomber posted:

is it wrong to say that i still tune in for seth matches because i think seth is a legit good wrestler :(

Rollins is a dweeb but the character seems to be leaning into it a bit. He is a perfectly fine wrestle guy who can give a solid match against most people.

The Rey Mysterio eye angle sucked though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I dunno, I kinda forgot about the eye when they started to do a love story between a 32 year old wrestler and a 19 year old girl

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seth is a loving excellent wrestler as well.
The Fiend is a dogshit fucko

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I forgot about the eye when they had a normal wrestling match for the vast majority of it and the only indication that the eye had come out was an extremely deadpan Samoa Joe going "It's out" and then Seth vomiting on the floor.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Kunabomber posted:

I dunno, I kinda forgot about the eye when they started to do a love story between a 32 year old wrestler and a 19 year old girl

That's fair, the angle turned from stupid to really, really sleazy (and stupid) in an instant.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Pylons posted:

I forgot about the eye when they had a normal wrestling match for the vast majority of it and the only indication that the eye had come out was an extremely deadpan Samoa Joe going "It's out" and then Seth vomiting on the floor.

samoa joe looking at his wwe career: "its out"

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Seth leaning into the "i wish i was the cool dad" thing is primo for him. Really good poo poo.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/triple-h-talks-wwe-nxts-move-to-tuesday-shifting-from-imaginary-war/

quote:

“The promotional opportunity for us is much better on a Tuesday and also then not having to have a narrative where it’s just constantly about an imaginary war or this imaginary battle,” Triple H said.

Can't lose an imaginary war :eng101:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seth is a really great worker. It's easy to forget now but the whole reason he ended up as Raw's top guy is he spent a year tearing it up in a run of awesome matches. It's just as soon as they put him in that role they booked him like rear end cause WWE doesn't know how to book babyfaces and then he showed his whole rear end on Twitter and welp, what'cha gonna do?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dictatorships could take notes on WWE's constant revision of history.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

agreed. it was especially good because it came only a few months after the worst match of all time, seth vs fiend at hell in a cell where there was a lot of "wait and see" from fiend fans, and then it all just leads to a fuckin goldberg squash lmao

They hinted forever that there was only ONE THING that could defeat the Fiend, and it turned out it was "a botched jackhammer."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Dictatorships could take notes on WWE's constant revision of history.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

NXT: 841k, 0.23 in 18-49, ranked 27th.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Seth is a really great worker. It's easy to forget now but the whole reason he ended up as Raw's top guy is he spent a year tearing it up in a run of awesome matches. It's just as soon as they put him in that role they booked him like rear end cause WWE doesn't know how to book babyfaces and then he showed his whole rear end on Twitter and welp, what'cha gonna do?

Seth was hot as gently caress as IC Champion, then they did that loving Ambrose feud and it cooled him off basically immediately.

...and then right after that, he won the Rumble.

And I dunno if this is just me but after the Rumble, all I could think of was how badly Balor should be the one challenging Brock at Mania, not Seth.

God, he's so pathetic.

Lamuella posted:

NXT: 841k, 0.23 in 18-49, ranked 27th.

As is this number!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God I'd wiped that lovely Ambrose heel run from my memory. I wonder what that guy's up to these days. Hope he's enjoying retirement :thunkher:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Lol, I didn't even notice the point at first.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

:golfclap:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

God I'd wiped that lovely Ambrose heel run from my memory. I wonder what that guy's up to these days. Hope he's enjoying retirement :thunkher:
all the WWE backstage people said he’s just the kind of person that wouldn’t be happy with anything so he’s probably miserable wherever he is

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

At least we can be pretty sure he got his vaccinations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

and then he showed his whole rear end on Twitter and welp, what'cha gonna do?

I thought it was his dick

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

jesus WEP posted:

all the WWE backstage people said he’s just the kind of person that wouldn’t be happy with anything so he’s probably miserable wherever he is

He always was a unique kind of cat.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's gonna look hella dumb when Vince decides to air another show opposite Dynamite

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

They literally had Kane with a movie contract and didn't make a Kane movie. They just made a movie WITH Kane. Don't get why they never tried to make a movie with their intellectual properties SNL style. They always take a gimmicked wrestler and go "k... you're a cop/detective now... or an army man... or something"

I think that if you take the potential movie audience, and limit it to people interested in pro wrestling, and then limit it again to people interested in Kane... you're really limiting your audience. Horror movies are generally low budget and do well with people that like horror movies and watch almost anything

Those last few SNL movies also did horribly. They've only made 2 in the last 21 years. Pointing toward the SNL model is not exactly a reason to green light a Fashion Police movie or something

McGruber (2010) cost 10M and made 9.2M worldwide box office.
Ladies Man (2000) cost 24M and made 13M

flatluigi posted:

they should've just kept bray in his original gimmick and let him be a manager/tag team dude with a rotating set of minions that he leaned on for the heavy lifting in the ring, but that would've required wwe liking managers, stables, and tag teams

all swamp cult leader bray needed was to not always get chumped out

Seriously. Give that man some minions, treat it like the Ministry of Darkness

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really loved Seth destroying Brock's dick to win.

People criticized it, but gently caress them. Brock was stale. Destroy his cock and balls and free us from the same match every goddamn month.

Though, I wish Slapjack would do the same to Seth now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

Seth was hot as gently caress as IC Champion, then they did that loving Ambrose feud and it cooled him off basically immediately.

...and then right after that, he won the Rumble.

And I dunno if this is just me but after the Rumble, all I could think of was how badly Balor should be the one challenging Brock at Mania, not Seth.

God, he's so pathetic.

As is this number!

actually a good number

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
After their RR match Mania should have been Brock vs. the Demon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Brock no-selling The Demon and The Fiend is a mania Main event

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

A mania main event where Brock just lays waste to the Fiend and the Demon would be fantastic.

Pins the Demon by trapping him under the Fiend.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Bring back The Boogeyman and make it a fatal four way where Brock destroys all three gimmicks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nuts to you guys, the Demon was cool and is nowhere near as loving lame as the Fiend.

Rarity posted:

After their RR match Mania should have been Brock vs. the Demon

Absolutely.

I'm just gonna say it, Brock vs. Balor > both the AJ and the Bryan match.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah really cool

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
cyberpumpk

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’d pop huge if The Demon threw the Fiend into a box-like structure, never to be seen again

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d pop huge if The Demon threw the Fiend into a box-like structure, never to be seen again

What about a coffin like structure?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That’s too deep into the demonic lifestyle for me

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Seth is a loving excellent wrestler as well.
The Fiend is a dogshit fucko

yeah Seth as a wrestler is excellent but he's had issues with defining what he wants his character to be or what the deal even is with his gimmicks. It doesn't help that Colby Lopez, the actual guy, is peak WWE in the worst ways so that tends to color the perception of him.

Beyond that, it def doesn't help that a LOT of his feuds and storylines in the last 2 years have been pretty bad. That poo poo with Fiend/Corbin felt eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the box-like structure also marked OVW?