Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not apollyon. the brimstone guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Super No Vacancy posted:

not apollyon. the brimstone guy

Tainted Bethany is also one of the only characters I'll intentionally skip an item room or two on, because she can make her own drat items (and the biggest boon for her is battery-related stuff which is all in the shop anyways)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Going back to tasks of incredible suffering, I'm trying to unlock the Forgotten. Thought I had the perfect run with Gnawed Leaf to just afk it but then Flooded Caves happened and I ate 4+ hearts of damage from poo poo just spawning in my face the moment I stepped into a room and not having time to go invincible.

I actually managed to do it yesterday. I just rerolled Azazel starts until I got something spicy enough (Proptosis) and ran that. I had other good luck during the run too, but at the end of the day, overwhelming damage + flight is what I needed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish Planetariums didn't have to be unlocked. RNG never smiles upon me and I always end up with 2/3 occult items in a run.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you move a save file to a different slot?
One and two are empty but for some reason my main file is on number three.

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

So what am I supposed to do here? Bombing the wall didnt work. Assuming that there is a solution, of course.

(Also babbys first time making a post with an image in it, hope I didn't screw up).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think it's basically ungettable without Mr Me or maybe a few other items I'm not aware of.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Okua posted:

So what am I supposed to do here? Bombing the wall didnt work. Assuming that there is a solution, of course.

(Also babbys first time making a post with an image in it, hope I didn't screw up).

Black rune, Abyss and Void will all destroy it and give their usual effect. Stitches can by used to teleport anywhere in a room, even behind crawlspace walls. Moving Box can pick it up for you and I think you can pass through the wall with Pluto.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Skipping the first item room as J&E also makes sense since it's almost certainly not a double item room, so might as well skip it and get the planetarium chance, and you start with enough damage to take out a basement boss anyway.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I read how to jump lets you get the crawlspace extra item but havent had the chance to try it

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish Planetariums didn't have to be unlocked. RNG never smiles upon me and I always end up with 2/3 occult items in a run.

You can always just cheese the unlock with Tainted Cain. It's pretty easy if you look up the recipes and the Alabaster Box exploit.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i have successfully beaten the beast before unlocking the item for 100 deaths

(thank you chewed leaf)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

it's hosed zodiac doesn't count.

Inzombiac posted:

I don't think so because of the weird 100% on 3 files stuff.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

ArfJason posted:

I read how to jump lets you get the crawlspace extra item but havent had the chance to try it

I believe I got the extra item with how to jump once.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

I think you could do it manually, but I haven't tried it myself. You can use this method to find your save file:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/mh38hq/repentance_bug_report_thread/gswi4ht/

But then instead of renaming a save from an older version, you can copy and rename your third Repentance save file into the first slot.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had permanent giant isaac for several floors on challenge 45, but the game softlocked on the portal to womb. RIP. This run also randomly activated the death certificate too

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

I had permanent giant isaac for several floors on challenge 45, but the game softlocked on the portal to womb. RIP. This run also randomly activated the death certificate too

I got softlocked with giant Isaac in that challenge too. Fell into a hole in the floor but it never went through just got stuck on top.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god, unlocking the forgotten is a pain and a half

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is Krampus a bit less common now, or am I just getting fewer devil rooms? You can get Krampus red rooms.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I got softlocked with giant Isaac in that challenge too. Fell into a hole in the floor but it never went through just got stuck on top.

next run I was permanently invincible after shooting tears for 10 seconds and summoned delirium every time I picked up anything so its all good

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Barely squeaked through a J+E run after getting Dr. Fetus and Rocket In A Jar. It's a great combination, but the problem where faster enemies means they're too often within explosion range the moment you go through a door kinda puts it in the same boat as ipecac for me now, I think

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Jacob and Esau are proof that God has forsaken us and we cannot have nice things. The real Rock Bottom is how I feel every time I lose yet another boss rush.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

flatluigi posted:

god, unlocking the forgotten is a pain and a half

i cant even unlock lillith because i am rear end at greed mode

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Beat Greedier mode as Tainted Lost!! And that finishes out the roster for that game mode. Will never have to play Greed/Greedier mode again if I don't want to now!! Got a starter deck with two holy cards in it plus Blanket and that let me power through to the end. By the time I got there I was strong enough to win without getting hit anyway. Man that was tense though and annoying. So many great runs ruined by a stupid telefrag. On shop level I Just pressed the button every wave. I had that brown nugget item too and car battery and was just loading up the screen with fly turrets. I WOULD NOT lose that run. I refused!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Thought tainted lilith was going to be a pain to play as but then learned that she pretty much has a long range punch that goes through enemies.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm surprised they let you do the punch repeatedly like that--it would have been much more difficult if you could only do the punch once per room. Aiming that thing when it's out is pretty tricky sometimes.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

I'm surprised they let you do the punch repeatedly like that--it would have been much more difficult if you could only do the punch once per room. Aiming that thing when it's out is pretty tricky sometimes.

I'm torn because while I find the fetal punch quite fun, I sorta want to know what it'd be like if the fetus didn't return to the womb the moment you stop firing.

Spirit Sword is the real pro pickup because it lets the fetus pick up items and also the fetus gets a sword which is very cute.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 23, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I wonder if that even was the original intent but it just wasn't workable like imagine fighting something like Lust where you couldn't put the thing back in. So they just said gently caress it and kept it cause it was a cool idea but let you repeatedly unleash it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

I wonder if that even was the original intent but it just wasn't workable like imagine fighting something like Lust where you couldn't put the thing back in. So they just said gently caress it and kept it cause it was a cool idea but let you repeatedly unleash it.

I could see them doing something with a pill-slot active item like the other tainteds have but honestly it's nice that some of the tainteds are more straightforward. Heck I'd say she's more straightforward than normal Lilith.

Best option: let Lilith be played alone in co-op, with one controlling Lilith and one controlling the fetus.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tried t go for lilith new routes and immediately stopped having fun with the game as soon as i met one of those guys that walk faster when they get damaged in burning basement, cause at top speed he was between me and the incubus

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

tried t go for lilith new routes and immediately stopped having fun with the game as soon as i met one of those guys that walk faster when they get damaged in burning basement, cause at top speed he was between me and the incubus

than enemy sucks but at least they kill themselves after a bit...I've noticed that a lot of the enemies I hate are from the afterbirth+ "booster packs"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://twitter.com/ArfJason/status/1385482085037715458

i was at 800 hours when rep released :(

(to my credit i bet like 30 or more of the hours i accumulated this month were the game idling while i chatted or while i ate and such)

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I REALLY wish there was some way to remove the most recent item you picked up, when picking up the wrong item (Tech Zero, for ex) with a super-high fire rate means the game crashes if you fire for more then a continuous second.

Like the Stars Reversed, but the other way around. I don't even need a reward, I just want this poo poo gone.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

ArfJason posted:

https://twitter.com/ArfJason/status/1385482085037715458

i was at 800 hours when rep released :(

(to my credit i bet like 30 or more of the hours i accumulated this month were the game idling while i chatted or while i ate and such)

Don't feel bad. I have almost 2200 between this and original isaac.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:shepicide:

90% of those hours are listening to podcasts and radio programmes. AB+ Isaac was a great game to mindlessly play in the background with Eden/random char runs.
I've been doing a few similar Eden runs on Repentance, but I sometimes lose focus of the podcast when there's too many new items/cards in play.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugh, I recommend not picking up any items from curse rooms while playing as Tainted Eden. They're super likely to reroll into 9 Lives, which repeatedly tanks your HP, or Cursed Eye, which is Cursed Eye.

Took down Mother as the lost though. I had 9 lives and Guppy's collar (but not a third guppy item :(), and curse of the Unknown was active so I'm not sure how many lives I had left, but I think I was down to collar lives. My damage was high enough to kill non-super bosses in a few seconds, but I still needed to survive like 8 attacks per wave from Mother. I think her phase one knife attack is the worst by a large margin. It feels almost luck based whether or not the place you choose to stand when you see it coming will actually be dodgeable.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jacob and Esau are way easier to play now that I'm more familiar with the Repentance content. Before I was panicking every time I went into a room at mausoleum. Of course getting Tech X+Holy shot helped me out :D. But glad I don't have to do alt path with them again now. Yeah mother you spammed your spinny worm attack in phase 2 knowing it was the hardest thing for me to dodge but prayer card and car battery had me at full HP on each of these clowns so I can just tank the damage!!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I really want to like Bethany but every time a spider barrels over to me the moment I open a Cellar door and pops all my sprites, I think about how I could be using a character who won't have their support evaporate the moment mom shows up

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kawalimus posted:

If fetus whip wasn't supposed to be her main offensive tool it would make more sense to lower its insane damage multiplier. I think she's just an easy mode silly character, I don't mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Stelas posted:

I really want to like Bethany but every time a spider barrels over to me the moment I open a Cellar door and pops all my sprites, I think about how I could be using a character who won't have their support evaporate the moment mom shows up
Yeah the destructable orbitals gimmick sucks and it's a shame so many items and characters in Rep use it. At least you can usually win by just stacking a bunch of uses of a powerful activated item.