Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
anime was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Post the rest of it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I get where people are frustrated about the constant "I'd like to work for other companies" pay raise bullshit or wrestlers making teasing posts on social media making people think they're jumping when they never planned to

I'm glad there is competition again in the US for mainstream wrestling companies getting wrestlers paid, but it's so very tiring to hear the same statements out of the same wwe roster members that will inevitably be there until they retire or die

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince pronounces it a-ny-m

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How could anyone get annoyed at Vince having to spend more of his money

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How could anyone get annoyed at Vince having to spend more of his money

People get their hopes up that a wrestler they like will break free from catering and then they're let down - it's understandable

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

Thankful to WWE for coming in to prove my claim that anime is bad

Maki Itoh is the most anime irl gimmick out there man

njsykora posted:

That's the really terrifying thing, that enough people watch Crunchyroll Originals for it to be worth commissioning more.

The viewership is godawful, but after the Sony buyout of both Funimation and Crunchyroll there 1.) has to be reason for it to exist, and OG programing is enough to do so, and 2.) OG programing is an important way to crush competition in the crib now that again: Funimation and Crunchyroll are the same company.

EDIT: Also from WWE's prospective getting in bed with Crunchyroll is important because this is a site fulled with the bitter 30-40 year old burnouts who post bad memes about how their better than the other nerds, who watch this product anyway, while Crunchyroll is filled with normal teenagers-college kids who aren't irony poisoned by out of date forums culture and that is legitimately the biggest, widest means to appeal to said market. Even Disney does it because lmao kids don't read American comics anymore.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 22, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

NutritiousSnack posted:

Maki Itoh is the most anime irl gimmick out there man

That's Yuka Sakazaki

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The last time Bryan re-signed was before another major domestic company existed, less than six months after he was finally cleared to return to work for the only big game in America, and at a point in time when he was three years younger and not in the same position to think about how he wanted to wind down his career. Roll your eyes if he re-signs again but I dunno why there would be so much animus toward the guy for what he did under meaningfully different circumstances

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kunabomber posted:

That's Yuka Sakazaki

And Shida. And Omega

^^^ true but if you mention that you'll just get a bunch of people saying "LMAO'" at you

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 22, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

xbilkis posted:

The last time Bryan re-signed was before another major domestic company existed, less than six months after he was finally cleared to return to work for the only big game in America, and at a point in time when he was three years younger and not in the same position to think about how he wanted to wind down his career. Roll your eyes if he re-signs again but I dunno why there would be so much animus toward the guy for what he did under meaningfully different circumstances

So many wrestlers have done this move at this point that everyone is just used to and expects it

Never get your hopes up when it comes to WWE - get your expectations low enough and keep hope that they do the bare minimum to trip and fall over the ground level bar you've set

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Never get your hopes up or trust any wrestler ever is a good rule of thumb imo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

And Shida. And Omega

Anime protagonists get their power from burning spirit, not PEDs.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Samoa Joe and the iiconics were cut to make room for Daniel Bryan's salary

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

And Shida. And Omega

^^^ true but if you mention that you'll just get a bunch of people saying "LMAO'" at you

Each is a different anime though. Shida and Omega is for the Shonen Jump/Trigger fans, while Maki is for the PS&G/"the girls are trash and hate you for being more trash while doing funny things to get THING"

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tony Khan will match any WWE offer and make no mistake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fiend anime

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Tony Khan has acquired the rights to the Hanna-Barbera universe

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NutritiousSnack posted:

this is a site fulled with the bitter 30-40 year old burnouts who post bad memes about how their better than the other nerds, who watch this product anyway

The people in this thread who actually still watch WWE are a vast minority

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Astro7x posted:

The thing is that you can't really cancel Peacock. If you unsubscribe to a paid tier you are stuck with a free account, which boosts those numbers

Seriously, try to figure out how to delete your account.

I found this page that directs you to another page, which doesn't tell you how to do it.

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/how-do-i-delete-my-account

When I tried to delete my free account shortly after it launched I could not figure out how to do it.

I see that Viacom has the same people running Peacock as the people who run Comcast. I once spent 6 hours trying to downgrade my service to not include TV. It did not work.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im under 30 :cheers:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

xbilkis posted:

Because last time he was talking about Japan & Mexico and then signed back with the E to go doing nothing memorable. What's he done that's memorable since miraculously returning? There was a Brock Lesnar title match & there was the Big Cass feud which was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Last time I took him at his word and got disappointed and this time I just won't believe until it happens.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bryan will return to nature and shoot wrestle wildlife

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m not giving Daniel Bryan the benefit of the doubt because I’ve heard he is anti labor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

What's he done that's memorable since miraculously returning?.

Kofimania

getting the only good matches out of the fiend Bray Wyatt

Doppleganger Rowan

WEED BELT

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Royal Updog posted:

Bryan will return to nature and shoot wrestle wildlife

Join the swarm!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Even Slapjack-sensei is afraid~

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Fear not, duck. I hunger not for your supple flesh or delicious eggs. Only victory sustains me

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Kofimania

getting the only good matches out of the fiend Bray Wyatt

Doppleganger Rowan

WEED BELT

Getting Big Cass fired

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NutritiousSnack posted:

The viewership is godawful, but after the Sony buyout of both Funimation and Crunchyroll there 1.) has to be reason for it to exist, and OG programing is enough to do so, and 2.) OG programing is an important way to crush competition in the crib now that again: Funimation and Crunchyroll are the same company.

Sony have a virtual monopoly on international distribution with both Funi and CR in their pocket, they already have crushed competition. Remember VRV, KAZE in the UK, AOD in Germany and ADN in France are all part of Crunchyroll as well. Basically the only competition they have is Hidive and their main strength is their archive stuff (which has a fair amount of overlap with Crunchyroll even if they do have Legend of Galactic Heroes, the only anime that matters), they can't compete with Sony's clout in getting new stuff.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

more ppl watch my hero academia on crunchy than aew and wwe combined

this is a great move for the fed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Smoking Crow posted:

That's like saying because more people watch the NFL than wrestling, having Gronk win a title at Wrestlemania will make it more popular

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

It's probably going to end up more on the Ex-ARM end of the spectrum.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lore of Akuma (Akuma means Fiend)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RealFoxy posted:

That's like saying because more people watch the NFL than wrestling, having Gronk win a title at Wrestlemania will make it more popular

that's how promotion should work, wcw did business with rodman and malone

they're making good decisions but nothing is coming of it because the shows are poo poo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Smoking Crow posted:

that's how promotion should work, wcw did business with rodman and malone

they're making good decisions but nothing is coming of it because the shows are poo poo
That's back when WCW was actually mainstream though

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1385385638267166722?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

So this was totally whoever it was that sent Mickie her stuff in a trash bag, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they finally revealed meltzer was on the books. the payroll i meant. on teh books is something else