Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Both of the major persons were fired last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

it was canyon semen

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
We know who was responsible.

https://twitter.com/MooseStaley/status/1385406210300518404?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man is it just me or is "sending people their poo poo in a trash bag" really, REALLY low on the list of bad crap WWE has done? In some cases, to these very people in question!

I kinda don't get why this is blowing up or why WWE is falling over themselves so aggressively when they normally just don't give a poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

This is all viral marketing for Fast and the Furious 9.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1385415989597294592?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Man is it just me or is "sending people their poo poo in a trash bag" really, REALLY low on the list of bad crap WWE has done? In some cases, to these very people in question!

I kinda don't get why this is blowing up or why WWE is falling over themselves so aggressively when they normally just don't give a poo poo.

I think it's blowing up because it's just something simple and so crassly disrespectful that it immediately grabs people's attention. WWE is quickly trying to fix it because they think they can present it as an isolated problem and score PR points by fixing the problem.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Adam Pearce must be held accountable

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Somehow, JTG's phone started ringing

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

AEW got over a million twice in a row

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope it was Kevin Dunn

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

MJeff posted:

It's relatable to pretty much anyone who's been let go over the phone and their stuff shows up a week later clearly packed in a rush with no care. It's disrespectful in a way that casual tweet viewers inherently understand, unlike most of WWE's really specific laser focused disrespect.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1385418047544909827

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I don't know who that is

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
We'll always have you weird appearances on Total Divas, Mark Carrano

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1385410269288017922

Maybe they were already letting people go and thought they had an opportunity to score PR points

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheHeaterMC/status/1208541175797424128

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I don't know who that is

Senior Director of Talent Relations

Mike Chioda a few months ago regarding him:

quote:

Mark Carrano. He’s the shits. Did he ever referee a match? Did he ever work a match? Did he ever set up a ring? Did he ever take ropes? Did he ever drive a truck? He did none of that poo poo. I guess he paid his dues in the office because he is still there. He is a smart mark, not his first name, but a smart mark to the business. He knows anything and everything. He couldn’t look you in the eye. He wasn’t straightforward with you. I didn’t believe him. Even when he called me, he lied to me that day when he called me to let me go. I believe he was one of the guys who put me up on the chopping block. I know it didn’t come from Vince and Stephanie who said, ‘Let’s cut Mike Chioda and cut his payroll because his payroll is so huge.

He put my name up, I guess, and got it approved through Hunter and probably Hunter got it taken care of through Vince. We got along on a business standpoint but I tried to stay away from him as much as I could. I believe he’s put in a situation to take all the heat, but to be honest with you, this is the first time that I’ve mentioned his name since I’ve been off and I really didn’t want to talk about his name. You put somebody’s name out there and you are putting him over either way, bad or good. He’s just never paid a lot of dues on the outside of the business. He was trying to get the referees to be stooges and everything. It wasn’t the way I wanted to see the referees go.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Also didn’t they just bring Lauranitis back and put him senior to Carrano? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were looking for any excuse to cut him

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Maybe they were already letting people go and thought they had an opportunity to score PR points

lol this is 100% what it is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao wait a sec.

Was Carrano above Lauranitis?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

lmao wait a sec.

Was Carrano above Lauranitis?

Just below.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Just below.

Okay, I thought it might've been Johnny Ace trying to scalp the guy above him but instead it's just everybody getting rid of a guy that was redundant with Johnny Ace coming back. Got it.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

MJeff posted:

Okay, I thought it might've been Johnny Ace trying to scalp the guy above him but instead it's just everybody getting rid of a guy that was redundant with Johnny Ace coming back. Got it.

This says they gave Laurinaitis a new job title specifically to slot him above Carrano so they could fire him for any minor grievance and probably not promote anyone back to his position. Absolute scapegoat poo poo.

https://twitter.com/robblatt/status/1385420583194841089

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Psychepath posted:

This says they gave Laurinaitis a new job title specifically to slot him above Carrano so they could fire him for any minor grievance and probably not promote anyone back to his position. Absolute scapegoat poo poo.

https://twitter.com/robblatt/status/1385420583194841089

Okay, this makes 1000% sense to me now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also didn’t they just bring Lauranitis back and put him senior to Carrano? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were looking for any excuse to cut him

Johnny Ace has been due some bloodletting since he's been brought back, yes. Got to bring in his people for the Johnny Ace palace coup second try.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Johnny Ace loves firing people

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Johnny Ace loves firing people

It is a truth, universally acknowledged.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/gailkimITSME/status/1385421132086616065

Everyone about to show their receipts now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mark Carrano always came off as a big creep on total divas

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ouch, only like 2 months after his wife got fired from star wars

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dave continuing to be Dave a loving creep.

https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/1385331179742629889

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's put his foot in his mouth again but his overall point isn't incorrect.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yah the discussion is in the podcast thread

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Pylons posted:

He's put his foot in his mouth again but his overall point isn't incorrect.

OK, OK. I'm sure he'll learn. He's trying to delete this. He is very sorry.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Time for all the people in WWE who feed him info during the week to do their company-mandated dunking on him

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

OK, OK. I'm sure he'll learn. He's trying to delete this. He is very sorry.

I get it, and I'm sure everyone else does as well. You don't like Meltzer.

talk about it in the podcasts thread.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mark Carrano had been a major figure there and a huge rear end in a top hat forever

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's 100 percent a "sorry we finally got exposed on social media" situation with a lovely thing they've been doing for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

karmicknight posted:

I get it, and I'm sure everyone else does as well. You don't like Meltzer.

talk about it in the podcasts thread.

Apologies, I didn't know it had been touched on in the podcasts thread, I never read it, and figured this was more of a news thing.