Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It is eating me up that Trips posted WE FIRED THE GUY and immediately wrestling Twitter fell all over him and is probably sending him another fruit basket. Ah yes, this one guy. He's the one who personally saw to every trash bag in the last decade. And the company had NO IDEA until Mickie brought it to light. But now that they're aware, they can get rid of Some Guy and make amends. It's the most blatant PR stunt and ya got SRS out there tap dancing for it. And I like Sean, but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SonicRulez posted:

It is eating me up that Trips posted WE FIRED THE GUY and immediately wrestling Twitter fell all over him and is probably sending him another fruit basket. Ah yes, this one guy. He's the one who personally saw to every trash bag in the last decade. And the company had NO IDEA until Mickie brought it to light. But now that they're aware, they can get rid of Some Guy and make amends. It's the most blatant PR stunt and ya got SRS out there tap dancing for it. And I like Sean, but drat.

I really enjoyed all the people jumping to WWE's defense as mailing people's belongings trash bags wasn't a hosed up move.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JT Smiley posted:

I really enjoyed all the people jumping to WWE's defense as mailing people's belongings trash bags wasn't a hosed up move.

How else are you going to protect them from moisture?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

between the 1800s and 1999, wrestling carers were some of the stupidest and most gullible people in the world. but now thanks to the internet they are sharp and catch on to everything

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Mark Carrano had been a major figure there and a huge rear end in a top hat forever

Something about the phrasing of this post made me laugh. Like it's a eulogy that immediately goes south :xd:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
How long has Carrano actually been with WWE? Google is failing me but I thought the lineage of VP Talent Relations basically went

JJ Dillon, 1989-1996
Jim Ross, 1996-2004
John Laurinatis, 2004-2012
Triple H, 2012-???
Mark Carrano, ???-2021
John Laurinatis, 2021-

Carrano has been around since at least 2013, since he was on the first season of Total Divas in a "Talent Relations" role, but maybe not head of the department? His name sticks out, since everyone else on that list is someone who's had a whole career in wrestling. Where did he come from?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He wrote for the magazine as Vic Venom II.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/realfredrosser/status/1385454892551081985?s=21

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

JT Smiley posted:

I'm not trying to defend WWE here, I think I'm just missing the obvious answer, but what is the alternative? Just loose in a box? Making Mickie pick the stuff up if she wants it back? Clearly the garbage bag is a bad look but I'm struggling to come up with the ideal solution.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

El Generico posted:

I'm not trying to defend WWE here, I think I'm just missing the obvious answer, but what is the alternative? Just loose in a box? Making Mickie pick the stuff up if she wants it back? Clearly the garbage bag is a bad look but I'm struggling to come up with the ideal solution.

Maybe not firing somebody during a pandemic when you're having your most profitable years ever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

El Generico posted:

Get some dry cleaning bags (there are enough suits backstage that you can't convince me they don't have any), hell, go down to catering and use some plastic wrap and then just put them in a box.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Pylons posted:

Get some dry cleaning bags (there are enough suits backstage that you can't convince me they don't have any), hell, go down to catering and use some plastic wrap and then just put them in a box.

Plastic wrap is gonna come loose from the item during shipping, not very good protection. A dry cleaning bag seems just right, though, yeah.

Edward Mass posted:

Maybe not firing somebody during a pandemic when you're having your most profitable years ever.

also this

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

The trash bag makes them look cheap and janky, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were just as pissed off about that, if not more so.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

El Generico posted:

Pack the box neatly and secure anything loose that could be damaged?

collocation posted:

The trash bag makes them look cheap and janky, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were just as pissed off about that, if not more so.

No doubt, they're pissed about looking like assholes because they got called out. Not about it actually happening

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Testekill posted:

Pack the box neatly and secure anything loose that could be damaged?

I mean, I'm assuming she owns some clothes they had, maybe costume stuff, that needs to be put in plastic to protect it during shipping. Maybe there wasn't any!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

El Generico posted:

If they had to use a bag for some reason? One of a zillion other types of bags! It doesn't seem like they needed something that big—size would be the only remotely justifiable reason—so there are plenty of things that could have worked. Hell, even the clear recycling bags would have been better because they, well, aren't used for outright trash and don't immediately smack you in the face with weird disrespect.

(But it doesn't seem like there was any reason to have it bagged in the box, anyway.)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
gently caress, WWF branded duffel bags would at least look classy and let you influence the talent you just fired into thinking the door is still open for the future if they ever get hot.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

karmicknight posted:

gently caress, WWF branded duffel bags would at least look classy and let you influence the talent you just fired into thinking the door is still open for the future if they ever get hot.

This would be good. I still think the dry cleaning bag is the best obviously easily available option, and most appropriate for clothes anyway. The garbage bag, at the very best, is just lazy and thoughtless.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They're a billion dollar company who are just coming off the most profitable year in their history and this year looks be to up there too.

ANYTHING would be better than a trash bag.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Vandar posted:

They're a billion dollar company who are just coming off the most profitable year in their history and this year looks be to up there too.

ANYTHING would be better than a trash bag.

And apparently it was Mark Carrano's job, former head of Talent Relations, like if it was some poor exhausted intern's job, I'd have sympathy for them just doing it efficiently and getting it over with, but of all people this guy should've been able to put some effort into it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dunno how you can expect anything more expensive than trashbags after seeing the Fiend's box-like structure

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

he's always gave me bad vibes tbh, obviously you don't see him much besides say Total Divas and even tho that's scripted he seemed really cunty on it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

AEW is really raking poor Vince over the coals. He can't even afford packing peanuts! How is a little guy like Vince supposed to compete with billionaires!?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Rarity posted:

Dunno how you can expect anything more expensive than trashbags after seeing the Fiend's box-like structure

I'd still prefer not to have my things delivered to me in a trashbag-like bag thank you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The disrespectful trash bag guy has been compromised to a permanent end.

Lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a box with packing peanuts/plastic air is better than a trashbag

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

a box-like structure with packing peanuts/plastic air is better than a trashbag

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I mean, at the end of the day it's really about optics. Mickie James is a beloved veteran both in and out of the industry, so you'd think they should at least give her a more graceful departure than the same "throw all your poo poo in a bag" treatment that random undercard geeks get on their release.

If, say, Tucker tweeted that same picture it would just get laughs instead of condemnation, but people love Mickie and hated that sign of disrespect, and also her "legend" status means WWE is very interested in not burning a bridge they might have to cross again in the future -- to say nothing about what happens if she shows up on Dynamite in 3 months. I think that's why they went so hard on damage control when they'd normally just ignore it.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Apr 23, 2021

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't believe the organisation that still employs Kevin Dunn and just hired back the guy who hired women from swimsuit model catalogues would be disrespectful to women.

Shocking.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't believe the organisation that still employs Kevin Dunn and just hired back the guy who hired women from swimsuit model catalogues would be disrespectful to women.

Shocking.

I am genuinely shocked since the organisation's owner's daughter invented respect towards women.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

WWF News/Views: The Trash Bag Situation

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The filthy,
disgusting,
wretched,
grotesque,
sickening,
trashbag Carranooooo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Well, I'm just glad they got rid of the one awful guy in the company and now Talent Relations is run by the dynamic dude who once told AJ Lee "Our male fans want to hang out and play video games with you. But no one wants to have sex with you. Do you see how that’s a problem for us?"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Well, I'm just glad they got rid of the one awful guy in the company and now Talent Relations is run by the dynamic dude who once told AJ Lee "Our male fans want to hang out and play video games with you. But no one wants to have sex with you. Do you see how that’s a problem for us?"

Or the guy who directs the show who's major imput on the character development of Kelly Kelly was "she needs to find some TITS" before giggling like a schoolboy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I always thought trash bags were valuable property in wrestling, debuting indie guys need to get their pants from somewhere.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

(HHH saunters into the Marks office chewing some gum and smoking, sits down on the corner of the desk and deliberately moves a stapler and pens a few inches to the right while keeping eye contact) hey mark, I guess I’m here to take out the trash

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Never trust a man who looks like an 11 year old in a suit

Man I'm gonna be disappointed if on today's WOR Bryan doesn't say "Trash Bag" the way he says "Tee Bar"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
WHAT’S MERC FARRANO DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?!?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gonzo McFee posted:

Shocking.

Why would you even rehire the guy who left your developmental to rot for a decade even if you don't care that he's a sexist rear end in a top hat? This company and its continued prosperity is a black eye on humanity and reality as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Mickey James has quite a legacy. Doing a storyline about being fat without being overweight, doing a storyline about being old (another great alexa bliss feud) while being younger than john cena and aj styles who I think was the champ at the time, then being released and sent a trashbag.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 23, 2021