Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

famous galaxy hero and best friend are just firing rounds over the Baterian neighborhood/ghetto.

“You, cop, you are a blight.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Batarian Lives Matter

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Batarians suck and renegade femshep is happy that she blew up their planet

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

VostokProgram posted:

I played my Colonist / War Hero shep pretty Paragon but I was very much expecting a "yeah, ahuh, of COURSE the reapers were about to get here in 5 minutes and you had no other choice..." from the Alliance council

Sadly doesn't happen

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Nichael posted:

Oh look, the dead and mysteriously revived Spectre, who worked with that human supremacy terrorist group, and the reject cop who went around extrajudicially killing people on the poor people station, are in the rafters shooting sniper rifles into the air.

SCOPED AND DROPPED!!!!!!!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

VostokProgram posted:

As a people, they aren't great, but my Batarian Soldier would like a word*

*and by word I mean you're eating inferno grenades and wrist-spikes to the face

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a single Batarian in the series that didn't deserve a Renegade Interrupt to the face.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There should've been more proper batarian NPCs in 3, the brief glimpses of normal batarians were fun.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

8one6 posted:

I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a single Batarian in the series that didn't deserve a Renegade Interrupt to the face.

The Batarian (Bray?) in the omega DLC is pretty cool.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Multiplayer batarians can be the pinnacle of style https://youtu.be/3eTaCRQNH6g

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think my default playing style is to play a paragon character but take any of the Arnold Schwarzenegger renegade interrupts like kicking the dude out of the building or blowing up that Batarian mechanic, etc.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 23, 2021

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The Batarian Hegemony deserved everything they got

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Ginette Reno posted:

I think my default playing style is to play a paragon character but take any of the Arnold Schwarzenegger renegade interrupts like kicking the dude out of the building or blowing up that Batarian mechanic, etc.

Always be headbutting Uvenk.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
“Speak when spoken to, Uvenk. I’ll drag your clan to glory whether it likes it or not.”

drat, how did I just learn that Uvenk was voiced by Michael Dorn.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Same way I only recently learnt that Captain Bailey is Saul Tigh

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Keith David is Keith David as Anderson.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Keith David has such a great voice

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
“For deep barritone coolness, there’s no power greater than Keith.”

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

DourCricket posted:

There's no long gameplay segments here, but we do see quite a few snippets and comparisons in the IGN video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL-7-2dL0A0

This doesn't speak to the general quality of the remaster but its more than screenshots.

That stuff with walls being removed because they put them up in ME1 because of bad LOS load is neat. The lighting change here look better. I thought the changes to Eden Prime screwed with the oppressive atmosphere to much.

I will never skip elevator rides and miss party banter.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm always disappointed he never had more of a career in film than he did. His voice is incredible, and he's also a great actor. The Thing was his first role besides being an extra in some blaxploitation movie.

Dude's a legend.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

He's legit one of my favorite bits of the Saints Row games and the absurd nonsense he gets to say in SR4 is :discourse:

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Nichael posted:

Oh look, the dead and mysteriously revived Spectre, who worked with that human supremacy terrorist group, and the reject cop who went around extrajudicially killing people on the poor people station, are in the rafters shooting sniper rifles into the air.

Personally I suspect a more likely consequence would be nailing one of the flying cars going around at that level, causing it to crash and blow up for even more casualties. Then again, everybody there got turned into goo when the Reapers hit by the end of the game, so who'd be left to file a complaint?

Julius CSAR posted:

The Batarian Hegemony deserved everything they got

Still love the "news message" they had after the Batarian multiplayer characters came out about how the Batarians assure everyone that medigel actually works on them too. Think they had Hackett quoted as saying something to the effect of "they're willing to come out and die horrible deaths against the Reapers, they deserve for us to give them that chance", and of course one soldier who said he hadn't realized it since he only saw Batarians bleed "that one time at Mindoir" but promised he'd be sure to give them medigel so long as it wasn't needed by any Turians, or Salarians, or Geth...

Soylent Pudding posted:

Always be headbutting Uvenk.

Also setting that one krogan on fire in Mordin's mission ("Flammable? Or inflammable?" Forget which, doesn't matter!"). Though on the other end of interupts, only complete monsters refuse to give Tali a hug, it's worse than leaving Leonardo DaVinci hanging in Assassin's Creed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VostokProgram posted:

i mostly felt bad for them. the game makes it kinda clear that their government is a despotic shithow that was always kinda of the "rear end in a top hat" of the galactic community. i mean the council chose to give the verge to the humans over them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Theyre good soldiers too.

Plus that one on the Citadel talking to the French dude is :smith: as gently caress

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

OhFunny posted:

That stuff with walls being removed because they put them up in ME1 because of bad LOS load is neat. The lighting change here look better. I thought the changes to Eden Prime screwed with the oppressive atmosphere to much.

I will never skip elevator rides and miss party banter.

i dont mind eden prime. i like that it still has an eerie beauty to it while a reaper and husks are loving around on it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
As an American I have to admit that I don't really feel comfortable criticizing individual Batarians for not single-handedly dismantling their oppressive slaving government, tbh

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The Batarians always felt like space North Korea.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dammit I don't want to do a whole trilogy playthrough but I'm really tempted. I forget, is Vanguard or Adept better in ME1?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Dammit I don't want to do a whole trilogy playthrough but I'm really tempted. I forget, is Vanguard or Adept better in ME1?

Adept for sure. There's no Charge and shotguns are terrible in ME1, while Singularity is very good.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I'm not looking forward to the Krogan meatshield charge again.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

I'm not looking forward to the Krogan meatshield charge again.

Thats one thing shotguns are very good at.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

ME1 is the one game where Adept is fun and good (overpowered, really). Vanguard is boring in 1, :getin: in 2/3

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kobal2 posted:

ME1 is the one game where Adept is fun and good (overpowered, really). Vanguard is boring in 1, :getin: in 2/3

yah, from memory my first ever playthrough was adept and when i realised you could Lift armatures...

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Vanguard in 1 is basically an adept with fewer powers but adrenaline rush.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Honestly there's not much in it. Adepts get two extra powers; Singularity's awesome and Stasis is kinda dull. On the other hand the Vanguard gets better armour, shotguns (if you want them; you probably don't because marksman is OP), and Assault Training. Assault Training gives you adrenaline burst so you can barrier, use lift and throw, throw out a warp, and then do it all again. There's an argument that the vanguard is a better biotic combatant than the adept (especially at low levels when you can unlock marksman easily for the vanguard). The biggest difference is probably at early levels when the vanguard starts with pistols and fitness unlocked, while the adept starts with basic armour and barrier unlocked.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm always disappointed he never had more of a career in film than he did. His voice is incredible, and he's also a great actor. The Thing was his first role besides being an extra in some blaxploitation movie.

Dude's a legend.

Even though it seems like he hasn't had a big starring role, looking at his career, he's been in a ton of things I've loved either as an actor or voice actor. The Thing, They Live, Men at Work, the Halo games, Gargoyles, Saint's Row, the Mass Effect games... he's just great.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
There was a recent episode of the Blank Check podcast where they were reviewing a movie with Keith David in it, and they went on a long tangent about how he's basically been in supporting roles in a million random movies/shows/video games, and that he's one of those guys who gives 100% in every role he's in. He's also probably up there in the top ten iconic voices.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
He's perfect in The Nice Guys. Puts a little extra into a straightforward role, and he looks amazing in those outfits

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He sure hates wearing sunglasses rhough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Kobal2 posted:

ME1 is the one game where Adept is fun and good (overpowered, really).
Adept is still fun and good in the sequels, but especially so in ME2 because Throw is supercharged so if you toss out Pull/Singularity and then angle your Throw so it curves upwards you can launch enemies straight into the stratosphere and I will never ever get tired of doing that. Unfortunately they toned it down in ME3 - and then they gave it more oomph again in Andromeda, but seeing as you're almost always either in a confined space or the outdoors it's pretty rare that you can just eject a target from the map like you would in ME2.

So uh in conclusion Adept in ME2 is great fun if you enjoy catapulting humans and aliens alike and let's be honest here who doesn't?