Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Amazing that WWE can do a scummy thing, then say "Whoops sorry!" and approximately 2 million people will continue to watch them and post things on twitter like "This is it ya'll, Hunter and Steph proving why they are the best!" when they do the BARE MINIMUM to address huge systematic problems in the organization.

They're no different than any other huge company (I work for one and get treated like poo poo, too) but at least I don't have people going online to stan for my dumbass CEO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hello there fellow kids

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1241247708788097024

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The new people popping up with trash bag stories just isn't ending. At this rate someone is gonna feel left out if they DIDN'T get a severance trash bag.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Blaise330 posted:

The new people popping up with trash bag stories just isn't ending. At this rate someone is gonna feel left out if they DIDN'T get a severance trash bag.

CM Punk's wedding empty FedEx was supposed to be a trash bag

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm dying to see how far they go with the story of Carrano being the Trash Bag Bandit when you have people like Maria Kanellis chiming in to say that it's been going on since at least 2010 which is before he was ever hired.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Our long national nightmare is over, we have fired the Trash Bag Man.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm dying to see how far they go with the story of Carrano being the Trash Bag Bandit when you have people like Maria Kanellis chiming in to say that it's been going on since at least 2010 which is before he was ever hired.

HHH has been working quietly behind the scenes over the last decade to root out every disrespectful, misogynist and racist in the company. It’s hard work that is often not recognized, but he’s finally found the last hidden scoundrel.

HHH in 2020 posted:

I would like to see them live long, healthy lives. You know, Edge has kids. Paige, maybe, she probably has some she doesn't know of.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I forgot that Paige line was that recent. And don't he and Stephanie have three daughters?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The trash bags are incredibly insulting in a company and industry that has had huge meltdowns about shaking hands correctly.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I forgot that Paige line was that recent. And don't he and Stephanie have three daughters?

You're thinking of Vince and Stephanie.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Not gonna knock their creative but this is an obtuse way to reintroduce Duke Droese is a monster heel

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Gotta be devastating for Hunter, business stinks so bad they actually fired his friend Mark

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Not too smart, Mark

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Blaise330 posted:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HHH will always be poo poo for the Bill DeMott fiasco, turning a blind eye and loving people over for having the gall to report an extremely bad and abusive head trainer

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

please welcome new wwe talent relations manager, the trashman

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gumball Gumption posted:

The trash bags are incredibly insulting in a company and industry that has had huge meltdowns about shaking hands correctly.

I mean... this is ultimately why it's such a problem. It's not like they worked some independent show at a high school gym, left their gear, and the promoter sent it back.

Like, put it in one of the dozens of drawstring bags that they sell, put a little note in there thanking them for being with the company. Take a few more days to package it up if necessary.

People notice this stuff. At my job we one time received a hard drive from a client that someone dropped off by putting it in an old laundry bag, and we still make fun of it to this day before it was so odd to receive their hard drive in a laundry bag of all things.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
At WWE live shows they have big totes (akin to a Aldi bag but thinner) that they use for people who buy a ton of merch. You’d think they’d have a few extra lying around these days

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I've seen Sasha and Drew doing Hefty commercials, are we sure this Mickie James thing wasn't just a cross promotional effort!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

Mickey James has quite a legacy. Doing a storyline about being fat without being overweight, doing a storyline about being old (another great alexa bliss feud) while being younger than john cena and aj styles who I think was the champ at the time, then being released and sent a trashbag.

Mickie James was younger than Kane, who was main eventing the next PPV at the time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/backstage-news-on-what-led-to-kalistos-wwe-release/ Regarding Kalisto:

Lucha House Party was Lince Dorado's idea; they'd make merch money, and even if they weren't booked well, it appealed to how Vince saw Mexican talent traditionally, so Vince would approve it and it'd have a decent lifespan
Vince approved it and it had a decent lifespan
Gran Metalik sided with Dorado and was/is happy to be paid more than he's ever been, even at the acknowledged expense of his prime in-ring being wasted
Kalisto tired of being seen as a joke on TV. Kept asking to leave the group, kept being told no
Eventually Lince took it up with management and Vince that maybe he and Metalik could just keep being LHP, since Kalisto wanted out
The split angle happened soon after finally and Kalisto was no longer seen as a joke on TV, or seen on TV at all, as LHP kept getting booked without him and Kalisto just got fired
Kalisto's site now has a countdown to when his 90 days are up and the GLOAT (Greatest Luchador of All Time) comes back to the indies https://www.samuraydelsol.com/

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly good on Lince for figuring out how to make money off of Vince's racism.

Also good on Kallisto for knowing his worth and trying to get out of the easy money to be taken seriously.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

They're no different than any other huge company (I work for one and get treated like poo poo, too) but at least I don't have people going online to stan for my dumbass CEO.

let me tell you about this guy named Elon,

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Like, put it in one of the dozens of drawstring bags that they sell

I'd rather have the trash bag.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Man is it just me or is "sending people their poo poo in a trash bag" really, REALLY low on the list of bad crap WWE has done? In some cases, to these very people in question!

I kinda don't get why this is blowing up or why WWE is falling over themselves so aggressively when they normally just don't give a poo poo.

This might have been mentioned, but firing someone and sending them their poo poo in a trash bag is basically going out of your way to be a dick in the most petty way imaginable. It feels like genuine psycho poo poo to me because there can't really be any reason behind it besides pure cruelty.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

This might have been mentioned, but firing someone and sending them their poo poo in a trash bag is basically going out of your way to be a dick in the most petty way imaginable. It feels like genuine psycho poo poo to me because there can't really be any reason behind it besides pure cruelty.

Yeah, I said it earlier but the thing that sticks out to me is that WWE is obsessed with decorum, this is a company who gets huffy about handshakes, so it really stands out. If they didn't have so many well known rules about decorum and respect I think I'd be a lot more "Eh, who cares" but this is just so obviously an example of how respect is a one way street with the company.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I said it earlier but the thing that sticks out to me is that WWE is obsessed with decorum, this is a company who gets huffy about handshakes, so it really stands out. If they didn't have so many well known rules about decorum and respect I think I'd be a lot more "Eh, who cares" but this is just so obviously an example of how respect is a one way street with the company.

Yeah, this is a company that insists everyone wear a suit backstage.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1385269702742749190?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For all the merch WWE puts out, they could easily make a generic WWE duffel bag for the public and for these purposes, so that they look like they have some sort of a heart.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah it makes more sense to me now, I can get why Mickie is hosed off, particularly after she got fired for no loving reason.

And WWE's response makes 1000% sense to me now. I will bet any amount of money that Laurainitis is the one who is actually responsible for this and they just put it in Carrano cause they wanted to fire him anyway and they just kept him around until he could be a useful heatsink.

And apparently Carrano's a piece of poo poo anyway so nobody feels bad for him! Masterstroke from HHH and Johnny Ace tbh.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TV Zombie posted:

For all the merch WWE puts out, they could easily make a generic WWE duffel bag for the public and for these purposes, so that they look like they have some sort of a heart.
Heenan was given a duffel bag when they gave him the boot :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1MQRKlezJQ

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TIMING

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1385624335751290886

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That was a shoot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/backstage-news-on-what-led-to-kalistos-wwe-release/ Regarding Kalisto:

Lucha House Party was Lince Dorado's idea; they'd make merch money, and even if they weren't booked well, it appealed to how Vince saw Mexican talent traditionally, so Vince would approve it and it'd have a decent lifespan
Vince approved it and it had a decent lifespan
Gran Metalik sided with Dorado and was/is happy to be paid more than he's ever been, even at the acknowledged expense of his prime in-ring being wasted
Kalisto tired of being seen as a joke on TV. Kept asking to leave the group, kept being told no
Eventually Lince took it up with management and Vince that maybe he and Metalik could just keep being LHP, since Kalisto wanted out
The split angle happened soon after finally and Kalisto was no longer seen as a joke on TV, or seen on TV at all, as LHP kept getting booked without him and Kalisto just got fired
Kalisto's site now has a countdown to when his 90 days are up and the GLOAT (Greatest Luchador of All Time) comes back to the indies https://www.samuraydelsol.com/

weird that a guy who came up through Chikara would be an expert in appealing to the lovely person who runs the company and would be more interested in making actual money than not being treated like a joke on TV

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Yeah it makes more sense to me now, I can get why Mickie is hosed off, particularly after she got fired for no loving reason.

And WWE's response makes 1000% sense to me now. I will bet any amount of money that Laurainitis is the one who is actually responsible for this and they just put it in Carrano cause they wanted to fire him anyway and they just kept him around until he could be a useful heatsink.

And apparently Carrano's a piece of poo poo anyway so nobody feels bad for him! Masterstroke from HHH and Johnny Ace tbh.

Yeah, and ultimately regardless of who made the immediate decision it's clear that the culture that allows this kinda poo poo to happen is coming straight from the top, and as such somebody had to be the fall guy. Which might be exactly why they keep so many if these dinguses around, as they know that they'll need a lot of ablative bodies around sooner or later.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pylons posted:

Yeah, this is a company that insists everyone wear a suit backstage.

Except for John Cena and The Undertaker, because, you know, gotta protect those gimmicks!

(also think CM Punk successfully lobbied not to have to wear a suit as well)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dare I ask what the context is and where this is from? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

Dare I ask what the context is and where this is from? :stare:

Piper biography on A&E Sunday night. That's in the sneak preview advertisement promoting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BiDOkwKGYg