Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Took a shot at this:

https://streamable.com/u8wqsx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend

haha spot on

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Smooth, like ice!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

He’s going to lead a cult of guys stuck in catering called the Brunch Davidians

:golfclap:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomCampbell/status/1385880089225842690

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

congratulations at being on botchamania

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Well that was perfect

Aleister Black standing outside of Velveteem Dream's locker room and Ricochet walks up

"You and he were... buddies, weren't you?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Come to think of it when Ricochet threatens people it does sound like he's threatening people with a knuckle supper.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lid posted:

Well that was perfect

Aleister Black standing outside of Velveteem Dream's locker room and Ricochet walks up

"You and he were... buddies, weren't you?"

Aleister talking about Zelina Vega: "She was like a candle in the wind. Unreliable."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Davros1 posted:

"I'm Aleister Black. Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Wrestler. You're about to enter the world of my imagination. You are entering my Darkplace."
Love it

basically any "occult" character WWE has done after Taker really is on that level though

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's pretty funny that they keep trying to make another the occult guy in the mould of Taker, but apparently they also keep forgetting that Taker worked because he was silent for like 95% of the time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

My Lovely Horse posted:

Love it

basically any "occult" character WWE has done after Taker really is on that level though

lol, this reminds me of Papa Shango inexplicably running in to interfere in the main event of WM8. My memory might have failed but I don't remember him having anything to do with Sid/Hogan. Then the run-in was mis-timed likely due to the aisle being so loving long and he didn't make it in time making Sid have to kick out of the legdrop. What a moment!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's pretty funny that they keep trying to make another the occult guy in the mould of Taker, but apparently they also keep forgetting that Taker worked because he was silent for like 95% of the time.

This, and also it was like an event if Taker lost. At least for the first few years. Like the first two losses I remember is Hogan being a dick and throwing the urn's ashes in Taker's face, and him facing Yoko and literally every heel in the company came down to beat him up and literally kill him. Aside from that he was just destroying folks week after week.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There's also the fact that Taker was a 6 foot 9 impressive specimen, and Aleister Black is just ... some guy. Same problem with Bray Wyatt. Chubby dude in a Hawaiian shirt is not awe inspiring

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Astro7x posted:

I get what you mean, but the “property of” shirts originated because in the 1930s USC football players were literally stealing the workout t-shirts because they liked them, so the school put “property of” on them to deter theft because it was the shirt that belonged to the school, not the person. Then it sort of took off as a sports team thing.

Yeah, its such an ingrained part of sports that I have high school gym shirts that say "Property of".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

There's also the fact that Taker was a 6 foot 9 impressive specimen, and Aleister Black is just ... some guy. Same problem with Bray Wyatt. Chubby dude in a Hawaiian shirt is not awe inspiring

Black is a terrifying kickboxing Satanist covered in tattoos WWE not being able to make him happen is on them, not his look

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 24, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dango Bango posted:

I forgot what the actual name for it is, but totally not surprised Rosenberg is one of those people who changes how he talks around a black person.

:shakes guy 1's hand: "good morning" :shakes guy 2's hand: "hello" :fist bumps and dabs down guy 3: "sup playa hows it hangin"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

That and it was just the early 90s plus they stuck to his character and didn't switch up his backstory every few weeks to try and chase audience numbers and ~swerve~ the audience, they kept it stable for six-seven years at "creepy unbeatable grim reaper figure", gave him a bunch of varied feuds during that time, and only then switched it up with Paul Bearer and Kane and all.

In comparison, what's the thing with the Fiend, he's Mr. Rogers except creepy except really creepy and unbeatable until someone beats him, then he gets a lackey and is set on fire and returns and is betrayed by his lackey, all in the span of two years, and his backstory such as it is is a collection of arbitrary creepy soundbites engineered to be exactly ominous enough to make internet lorehounds lose their minds and drive up engagement numbers in that segment.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Posting from the forums' own Dark Place.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Also, The Undertaker was super simple. "This spooky guy is huge, and he doesn't feel pain, he might be dead maybe?" Every attempt to have a character like him afterwards has been overly complicated. Big guy beats everyone, feels no pain, can't be stopped. That works.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

This, and also it was like an event if Taker lost. At least for the first few years. Like the first two losses I remember is Hogan being a dick and throwing the urn's ashes in Taker's face, and him facing Yoko and literally every heel in the company came down to beat him up and literally kill him. Aside from that he was just destroying folks week after week.

Taker debuted in 1990 and it took half a decade for the WWF to make him losing not that huge of a deal (KOTR '95 loss against loving Mabel put that to bed for good IMO). It took WWE....a couple months with the Fiend. Really just two PPVs, even though he technically didn't lose that HIAC match against Seth.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

sportsgenius86 posted:

He’s going to lead a cult of guys stuck in catering called the Brunch Davidians

:golfclap:

Haha:lol:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I hope this is the "push to convince you we'll use you right" strategy and he sees right through it, but c'est la vie.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Aleister Black used to look like a bartender at a craft cocktail place or a guy that gives really expensive haircuts. now he looks like those things but while wearing a shop teacher's glasses

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Throwing my hat in the "Aleister Black looks like :insert white guy with glasses:" pile with the cinema snob

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

El Generico posted:

Also, The Undertaker was super simple. "This spooky guy is huge, and he doesn't feel pain, he might be dead maybe?" Every attempt to have a character like him afterwards has been overly complicated. Big guy beats everyone, feels no pain, can't be stopped. That works.

She hasn't got the same winning streak, but the closest thing to a modern OG Taker that I've seen is pretty clearly Abadon from AEW.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Karma Tornado posted:

Aleister Black used to look like a bartender at a craft cocktail place or a guy that gives really expensive haircuts. now he looks like those things but while wearing a shop teacher's glasses

His presentation is "trying too hard to look cool on a Friday night in Olympia, WA" and it does nothing for me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CobiWann posted:

God drat.

Edit - someone on Twitter said he looked like the main villain from Far Cry 5 and now I can't unsee that either.

this was EXACTLY my thought. Someone in WWE played FC5.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Put him in a turtleneck and he looks like current Ihsahn.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he looks exactly like this guy

he looks the exact same as This guy

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
he looks like the guy in the sex chat room who says he's an "intelligent, articulate dom"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he looks like a dude who's gonna be buried in a month lol

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Aleister Black wearing lovely glasses is the best thing to happen in this company in a long time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

:shakes guy 1's hand: "good morning" :shakes guy 2's hand: "hello" :fist bumps and dabs down guy 3: "sup playa hows it hangin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nopWOC4SRm4

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you say that like he's not still going to be doing vignettes instead of wrestling in a month

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shayna Baszler posted:

he looks like the guy in the sex chat room who says he's an "intelligent, articulate dom"

He looks like a guy you know who's in a polycule and makes everyone very aware of it

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

That and it was just the early 90s plus they stuck to his character and didn't switch up his backstory every few weeks to try and chase audience numbers and ~swerve~ the audience, they kept it stable for six-seven years at "creepy unbeatable grim reaper figure", gave him a bunch of varied feuds during that time, and only then switched it up with Paul Bearer and Kane and all.

The Undertaker's backstory changed all the time for the first few years. Kane didn't come around until the Undertaker had been around for 7 years.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He looks like he has a face.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's a crazy thought

What if Aleister Black just wrestled on TV and won matches? Maybe then he might get over and we don't have to pretend this lore poo poo is good.

Alas, we can't think of any other ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's your 205 live name