Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You need to be much cooler to pull those glasses off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

Here's a crazy thought

What if Aleister Black just wrestled on TV and won matches? Maybe then he might get over and we don't have to pretend this lore poo poo is good.

Alas, we can't think of any other ideas

Remember when they did AEW style "just loving let them wrestle" matches with Black and Buddy Murphy and they both got elevated? Then Buddy joined Seth and....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That's your 205 live name

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No it's not

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Blaise330 posted:

Remember when they did AEW style "just loving let them wrestle" matches with Black and Buddy Murphy and they both got elevated? Then Buddy joined Seth and....

WWE Dork: Elevation

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MotU posted:

WWE Dork: Relegation

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Lamuella posted:

You need to be much cooler to pull those glasses off

Butcher being a Nine Inch Nails fan makes me like him even more.:kiddo:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Yeah but he really hates Every Time I Die.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

If I remember correctly Every Time I Die have gigged with them before now.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah but he really hates Every Time I Die.

I hate every time you die too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WWE people on twitter are trying real hard to get Miz considered for Johnny Cage in the inevitable sequel to this MK reboot.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

After watching it I don't think that it's inevitable at all

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

explosivo posted:

WWE people on twitter are trying real hard to get Miz considered for Johnny Cage in the inevitable sequel to this MK reboot.

To be fair, when he ran with the "Smarmy Z-lister actor who could beat you up" in his peak heel days, that pretty much was Johnny Cage.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Miz is a good dude and I'm down with any plan that gives him a potential career route outside WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bayley's still good and a good friend

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1386047586436591616

Jackie D posted:

After watching it I don't think that it's inevitable at all

Although it would share the quality of the average Miz film

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Miz was any good he'd be getting offers for real movies and not slumming it in the union-busting WWE Studios (which I'm still convinced is a money-laundering front). Nobody outside that bubble thinks he's worth a poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mortal Kombat is full of people who don't feel like they would be cast in a real movie (with a couple obvious exceptions) so the Miz would be perfect even though he'd be terrible for that role.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

explosivo posted:

That's really hosed up when you have a super handsome athletic guy like JOHNNY loving MUNDO right there who did his Johnny Cage schtick better in Lucha Underground than Miz ever could in 6 sequels of Marine movies.

Also Morrison would probably be cheaper to get and use because MK was trash and lol if there's any kind of sequel.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mortal Kombat was bad and felt more like the pilot for a tv show than a movie that was meant for theaters.

I (mostly) enjoyed it while I was watching it last night but the more I think about it, the more about it I dislike.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it was really bad but if they make more, even if the miz is in it, i'll keep watching that garbage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I enjoyed it, it was a straight to VHS movie made with straight to DVD CGI.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
I wanted to like it so much but it leaned way too far into the self-serious side.

And they did a fight on a classic stage but didn't do the iconic fatality with it. Just a whole bunch of bad decisions like that.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The only parts I liked in MK were when Scorpion and Subzero were on screen.

Their feud should've been the main thrust of the movie with the tournament being the way Scorpion tries to get his revenge or something like that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Miching Mallecho posted:

The only parts I liked in MK were when Scorpion and Subzero were on screen.

Their feud should've been the main thrust of the movie with the tournament being the way Scorpion tries to get his revenge or something like that.

I'm still loling at the loving tournament that never happens because we just HAVE to have sequel bait at the end. gently caress off with that nonsense.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

the tournament

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

they named the main character "cole young", the most generic name I could imagine, and didn't even have the decency to spell it with a K. 0/10

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Cole Younk?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Cole Younk?

they’d floated “Coke Young” but were informed late in the process that this might run into issues of trademark

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

If Miz was any good he'd be getting offers for real movies and not slumming it in the union-busting WWE Studios (which I'm still convinced is a money-laundering front). Nobody outside that bubble thinks he's worth a poo poo.

Speaking of WWE Studios... my kid right now is watching this Netflix movie called “The Main Event”. It’s horrible in so many ways. But it just showcases how WWE thinks their fans act. From using branded terms, the kid having a room filled with WWE merch, and kids at lunch time being excited about watching Raw and who is going to win the big tag match.

That said, so far my favorite part is that Keith Lee plays a wrestler called a Smooth Operator, which is basically Keith Lee but he sings. There is another scene where the kids are talking and saying “what do you think the big announcement is going to be on Raw tonight?” And another kid says “I hope that they’re getting a new director” and then complains about the camera angles.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

i liked the mk movie

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
That’s hilarious. Does Keith Lee have a good voice?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

The Miz is a good dude and I'm down with any plan that gives him a potential career route outside WWE

I also want him off my TV.

John Dudebro posted:

they named the main character "cole young", the most generic name I could imagine, and didn't even have the decency to spell it with a K. 0/10

He debut in NXT this week?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Astro7x posted:

And another kid says “I hope that they’re getting a new director” and then complains about the camera angles.

smart kid

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

Mortal Kombat was bad and felt more like the pilot for a tv show than a movie that was meant for theaters.

the more I think about it, the more about it I dislike.

:agreed:

The bloody fatalities and being free on HBO Max instead of $20 were the most positive things, some of the acting was legit worse than some of the streamables that get posted in here and other decisions were just as baffling

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Honestly, that movie was pretty much all I wanted from a Mortal Kombat movie. I can see why people would dislike it but I marked throughout.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
The Raiden performance and dialogue were so bad I had to look up that they cast a real professional actor, and I still think they directed a Japanese man to do a European accent to make it more like Christopher Lambert in MK ‘95

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think Sassy Raiden was hilarious.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Kano plus Steve Harvey being played by Keenan Thompson—rear end Jax were enough that I’m not asking for my $0 back

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I literally just watched Mortal Kombat and it was fun but it could have been much better. Not as good as the OG, which is kinda insane. Still worth while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sonya being told NO YOU CAN'T COME IN

and Kano going loving OOPS is worth the price of admission. In fact Kano is worth the price of admission

New fake Scorpion loving sucks