Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

indigi posted:

isn't roofing like insanely way more dangerous than being a cop

almost literally any job that isn't sitting in front of a desk in a corporate office is more dangerous than being a cop

even the transit to/from your office job probably puts you at higher risk than most cops, since you have to go out in public...where the roving, armed gangs of murderous cops are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Being a cop is dangerous because cops shoot other cops all the time

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

tmfc posted:

almost literally any job that isn't sitting in front of a desk in a corporate office is more dangerous than being a cop

even the transit to/from your office job probably puts you at higher risk than most cops, since you have to go out in public...where the roving, armed gangs of murderous cops are.

there may be an argument that the danger posed by sitting down for like 8 hours straight a day is more dangerous than being a cop

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

there may be an argument that the danger posed by sitting down for like 8 hours straight a day is more dangerous than being a cop

cop danger only gets as high as it does because they're sitting, driving, and eating fast food for 99% of their shifts

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
many abuse steroids too. Not good for you!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lib and let die posted:

Cops spend all their time sitting in one place for like 10 hours a day eating triple cheeseburgers tho

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Being a police dog is infinitely more dangerous than being a cop

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Crazycryodude posted:

Cops spend all their time sitting in one place for like 10 hours a day eating triple cheeseburgers tho

sign me up

no you see if this were done under Trump they would be Bad Books from a Bad Person full of Bad Stuff and Despairing Lies but this is the Biden administration so they're Good Books from a Good Person full of Good Stuff and Enriching Truth

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Apr 26, 2021

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

pizza delivery is more dangerous than cops and also provides a useful service to society

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

pizza delivery is more dangerous than cops and also provides a useful service to society

Under no pretext should cheese and pepperoni be surrendered; any attempt to starve the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

cops are much more likely to get run over or die in a car crash than they are to live out their loving action movie shootout fantasies. those dangerous jobs lists are always stacked with jobs that involve driving or working in traffic

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
who knew 40% had so many applications!

https://thebark.com/content/surprising-cause-death-police-dogs

quote:

40 percent of law enforcement pups are killed from heat exhaustion.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"i don't need to leave a window open, i'm just gonna run inside real quick, plant some drugs, and kill this [redacted], in and out, 5 minutes."

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

change my name posted:

Being a cop is dangerous because cops shoot other cops all the time

It's brave to work with a murderer sipping coffee by your desk

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

you gotta work your 9-5 job, and then hustle on your own time. the grind is what makes paupers into princes.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The solution? Make everyone a cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66BgYZnrjQ8

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

being a cop is very dangerous

quote:

Police Officer John Patwell succumbed to injuries sustained when he struck his head while entering his patrol car.

quote:

Officer Harry Bolin was killed when his head struck a street sign while riding on a streetcar, causing him fatal head injuries.

quote:

Office Gary Fletcher succumbed to injuries sustained two days earlier while assisting at the scene of a fire.

He had attached a fire hose to a hydrant when a fire engine pulled away. The hose came loose and wrapped around his feet. Officer Fletcher was thrown to the ground and sustained serious injuries. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries two days later.

quote:

Officer Curtis was carrying a log on his shoulders when he slipped and fell, hitting his head on a stump. The log that he was carrying then landed on his head.

quote:

Chief of Police Lonnie Burton succumbed to complications of a knee injury sustained on May 18th, 2018, when he fell from a curb in front of the Wayland Baptist University police station in Plainview, Texas.

quote:

Officer Allen died while in surgery for severe back and neck injuries sustained four years earlier at the Nassau County Correctional Facility. He was responding to an emergency call when he slipped in a puddle of milk that had been thrown on the floor by the inmates.

quote:

Corrections Officer James Dimanoff was killed after falling from a guard tower while trying to secure a trap door.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

How do you die from a knee injury?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

how do you hit your head hard enough to kill yourself getting into a car?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

You get a concussion and then fail to seek medical attention to check for potential brain bleeds because your toxic masculinity is more important to you than your actual life

same as that dc cop who got clonked on the head and then left without medical evaluation and died

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

RandolphCarter posted:

announce that you have evidence leading to the arrest of a fellow cop

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

you just know they tried to figure out which prisoner spilled milk on the floor so that they could charge him with capital cop murder

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

don’t die over spilled milk

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

quote:

Corrections Officer James Dimanoff was killed after falling from a guard tower while trying to secure a trap door.

Hey, I've heard of this guy from his hundreds of grandkids!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the number one cause of cop death is Mack Sennett comedy gags, apperently

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/dodgonkulator/status/1386761927464931328?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the number one cause of cop death is Mack Sennett comedy gags, apperently

officer Fitzgerald, a twenty year veteran of the force, passed away tragically last Tuesday after sustaining injuries received when he rolled down a hill and fell into an open manhole after a trash can got stuck on his head.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

quote:

Officer Curtis was carrying a log on his shoulders when he slipped and fell, hitting his head on a stump. The log that he was carrying then landed on his head.
:roflolmao:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

gary sounds like he was at least trying to help, but shows why you should leave public service to the pros

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Varkk posted:

I know, swap the asparagus/bacon mistake for some fresh steamed broccoli and carrots and cover it in a creamy mushroom sauce. Although I doubt I could eat the entire lump of beef there.

just roast the veggies. the oven is already on. god dammit.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Holy poo poo that's champagne comedy.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Inceltown posted:

Holy poo poo that's champagne comedy.

Posts so good I want to drink them out of a shoe (for non horny reasons)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lots of these cops die on ATVs which is just like... yeah no poo poo those are death traps you stupid hogs.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

quote:

In Valheim.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol goddamn i would love a video of Stump Cop

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

quote:

Office Gary Fletcher succumbed to injuries sustained two days earlier while assisting at the scene of a fire.

He had attached a fire hose to a hydrant when a fire engine pulled away. The hose came loose and wrapped around his feet. Officer Fletcher was thrown to the ground and sustained serious injuries. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries two days later.

sounds like he strolled up to an active fire and started "helping" with no communication or coordination with the actual responders, which is why they drove off with the hose he was cluelessly loving with

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the firefighters did it on purpose when they saw an opportunity for plausible deniability

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:doink:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol just straight up yakety sax pig suicides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

real life tucker and dale, except the college kids are cops