Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

You can't fool me, none of the people on the 205 Live banner are real

I can't believe you'd disrespect Tony "was technically a member of Monster Express" Neese like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sorry but saying that they made a mistake tying Candice to Johnny shows your massive bias. The Way is genuinely super entertaining and it's helped reinvent both of their characters when they were getting stale.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rhea Ripley alignment update: She is a heel tonight. She will be tagging with Shayna and Nia to face Asuka, Lana, and Naomi.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

New gimmick idea: wrestler whose babyface/heel alignment changes randomly but they advertise it in advance every week

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It is still utterly insane that the only real credible babyface the RAW Women's Division has at the moment is Asuka. Rhea, Charlotte, and Alexa are all clear cut heels.

Man, just wait until after Backlash where they'll end up running a bunch of heatless heel vs heel feuds.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

They let big show go tho

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Don't they have more than 4 women that's supposed to be on the raw roster?

Edit: holy poo poo they're all tag teams now that I think about it

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kunabomber posted:

Don't they have more than 4 women that's supposed to be on the raw roster?

Edit: holy poo poo they're all tag teams now that I think about it

The only women not in tag teams are Asuka, Charlotte, Rhea, Alexa, and Nikki (lol). Everyone else active is in a tag team at the moment. And of the women I listed, only Asuka is a credible babyface. Nikki is a jobber and everyone else are clear cut heels.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

It is still utterly insane that the only real credible babyface the RAW Women's Division has at the moment is Asuka. Rhea, Charlotte, and Alexa are all clear cut heels.

Man, just wait until after Backlash where they'll end up running a bunch of heatless heel vs heel feuds.

Alexa's latest feud was with Randy Orton, they may still consider her a face.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dimebags Brain posted:

I can't believe you'd disrespect Tony "was technically a member of Monster Express" Neese like that.

Look that's just silly, we all know Tony Nese got fired a couple of years ago

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Alexa's latest feud was with Randy Orton, they may still consider her a face.

She's pretty convincingly a heel after Wrestlemania where she turned on The Fiend. And cut a promo saying she was going to dominate the entire RAW Women's Division, because all of them are mean evil jerks and Lilly wants them all destroyed.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

bartok posted:

Kinda want to see the Ultimate Warrior episode to see how they ignore his post wrestling career as a professional racist and homophobe.

They already did a Warrior doc so I look forward to them doing another one where they explain what a good person he was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Rhea Ripley alignment update: She is a heel tonight. She will be tagging with Shayna and Nia to face Asuka, Lana, and Naomi.

Oh god

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Look that's just silly, we all know Tony Nese got fired a couple of years ago

He went on to be a big name in North Carolina breakfast foods

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

He went on to be a big name in North Carolina breakfast foods

Liver Pudding is your NXT UK name

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Everybody put your hands up

Give your energy to Slapjack

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

New gimmick idea: wrestler whose babyface/heel alignment changes randomly but they advertise it in advance every week

every week they tweet out either "I'm feelin like a real jerk this week!" or "Things have been goin' pretty good lately! Feelin alright!"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

Hell, both Kross and Raquel are massively underwhelming choices as champion right now. Putting aside both of their lovely politics, neither one has set the world on fire since they won the title. Kross has always been disliked by NXT audiences,

I wonder if the dislike for Kross is because he's been put up against Keith Lee and Balor who are all more likeable and charismatic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

She's pretty convincingly a heel after Wrestlemania where she turned on The Fiend. And cut a promo saying she was going to dominate the entire RAW Women's Division, because all of them are mean evil jerks and Lilly wants them all destroyed.

But if she wants to destroy them all, and they're all heels...!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kross is disliked because it's obvious he tells opponents and agents, "nah. kross wouldn't let it go down like that"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

Everybody put your hands up

Give your energy to Slapjack

You either slap with the best or jack with the rest.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WWE doesn’t have faces or heels anymore, it’s more like loser fuckface nerds against assholes and bad people who always win

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

skaboomizzy posted:

It was Regal during the women's season of game-show NXT, I think, and he did a speed-run of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUP_Gi4jYYE&t=1740s

29 minutes in if it doesn't skip there. I like to believe he was tired of Striker pulling one out every week and decided to just run the poo poo into the ground in one go.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

kross is disliked because it's obvious he tells opponents and agents, "nah. kross wouldn't let it go down like that"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't realize Kross and Low Ki were related

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah but even then, the primary focus is still on Kross, even if he is bland as gently caress.

Hell, both Kross and Raquel are massively underwhelming choices as champion right now. Putting aside both of their lovely politics, neither one has set the world on fire since they won the title. Kross has always been disliked by NXT audiences, and Raquel has pretty much lost all of her momentum from beating Io because they can't decide on her alignment. She's about to feud with Mercedes Martinez, but it's not a highly anticipated matchup either, and expectations are incredibly low.

Hell, they could have thrown another woman onto the NXT banner at the very least (one that actually wrestles), considering the NXT women's division is incredibly strong. Way more than the men.

Putting Raquel Gonzalez into a programme with Martinez is a pretty good idea - Martinez is a veteran, and a solid hand, and she can probably get something decent out of Gonzalez. But that poo poo should have happened before they put the title on her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Vagabundo posted:

Putting Raquel Gonzalez into a programme with Martinez is a pretty good idea - Martinez is a veteran, and a solid hand, and she can probably get something decent out of Gonzalez. But that poo poo should have happened before they put the title on her.

One thing I will give NXT credit is that most of their featured women are in feuds right now. The only ones who aren't are Io Shirai (who is supposedly taking a small break) and Sarray (who just debuted last week).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
NXT purgatory was a very special wrestling show. The gimmick was they had people from previous seasons who I wanted to get off it, but were contractually obligated to appear, right?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wait, Candice and Indi are going for the tag titles again? Didn't they lose at Takeover? Are there not other teams to challenge?

Codependent Poster posted:

Sorry but saying that they made a mistake tying Candice to Johnny shows your massive bias. The Way is genuinely super entertaining and it's helped reinvent both of their characters when they were getting stale.

Being fair, Candice was in NXT for actual years before The Way got started and became the funny act that it is now. And even that is frankly a newer development, because the initial stuff with Theory and the Scream ghosts kinda sucked.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SonicRulez posted:

Wait, Candice and Indi are going for the tag titles again? Didn't they lose at Takeover? Are there not other teams to challenge?

If you base it off the last tournament when they had to scrounge up 8 teams....

Champions:
Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart

Contenders:
Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell
Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter - Feuding with other people
Dakota Kai and Raquel González - Raquel is the Women's Champion
Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm - Feuding with other people and in NXT UK.

Random Jobber Teams:
Cora Jade and Gigi Dolin
Marina Shafir and Zoey Stark
Aliyah and Jessi Kamea

So all you got left is... The Way

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Toni Storm is officially in NXT US full time, but she's also feuding with Zoey Stark (or maybe Sarray, idk yet) right now. Toni's career in NXT US though has definitely been very...questionable (although I think in this case its less on WWE and more along the lines of Toni has been pretty mediocre at best). Come in, win a couple of matches, turn heel randomly. Win War Games, go on to feud with Io Shirai for the title. Is protected in the triple threat match (Mercedes ate the pin) but then loses to Io via submission in a flat finish a few weeks later. Then a couple of weeks after that, loses to Zoey Stark during the Takeover pre-show. And last week jumped Zoey after her match with Sarray.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 27, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Codependent Poster posted:

It really helps that despite bieng a comedy group now the matches are still mostly good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The A&E Bios are really good

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Virk is so bad at commentary he’s trending on Twitter, congratulations new guy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Golden Bee posted:

Nick Khan seems like a very smart guy who knows what he's doing, but Virk is one of his hires and, hm, nope.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Golden Bee posted:

Virk sounds like Conan O'Brien doing his old-timey radio announcer voice.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those curious, WWE has introduced lovely jumpscares to the Alexa/Lilly stuff now.

Also the Charlotte suspension story went absolutely nowhere other than her getting unsuspended and then winning a match completely clean tonight with absolutely no followup to it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

For those curious, WWE has introduced lovely jumpscares to the Alexa/Lilly stuff now.

Also the Charlotte suspension story went absolutely nowhere other than her getting unsuspended and then winning a match completely clean tonight with absolutely no followup to it.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1386848891296010242

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

TNA never followed up on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-mcintyre-strowman-vs-t-bar-mace-339786

Braun Strowman defeats Mace and T-Bar by DQ in a handicap match after the ex-Retribution members won't stop kicking his rear end in a corner. Postmatch Drew McIntyre comes out to make the save
Mace and T-Bar defeat Braun and Drew via countout when Drew barely misses making it. Postmatch Braun slams Drew, angry he's a loser again because of something out of his control
MizTV with John Morrison, Elias and Jaxson Ryker interrupted by Damian Priest, who (with the help of New Day) attacks all four by throwing tomatoes at them
Priest and New Day defeat Miz, Elias and Ryker
Sonya Deville brings back Charlotte Flair not even a full week after her offscreen post-Raw indefinite suspension, and allows her to apologize to the ref, and to accept an apology from the ref
Drew goes to Adam Pearce and demands a match with Braun tonight. Braun later goes to Pearce and points out he wasn't pinned in the Drew/Braun/Orton triple threat weeks ago; if Braun beats Drew he's added to the Lashley/Drew title match at Mania Backlash
Humberto Carrillo attacks Sheamus
Randy Orton asks Riddle to team with him as RKBro
Bobby Lashley will be ringside during the main event
Orton and Riddle defeat Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander
Rhea Ripley, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax defeat Lana, Naomi and Asuka, despite attempted distraction from Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke briefly causing Nia to trip again
Sonya makes Mandy be Charlotte's return opponent for getting involved
Alexa Bliss thinks it's time Lily plays with the rest of the roster
Charlotte defeats Mandy
Drew calls Braun a complainer constantly asking for handouts
Braun defeats Drew after Lashley tries distracting the ref to help Drew win, but T-Bar and Mace distract Drew. Lashley defends against Braun and Drew in a triple threat at Mania Backlash