Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-mcintyre-strowman-vs-t-bar-mace-339786

Braun Strowman defeats Mace and T-Bar by DQ in a handicap match after the ex-Retribution members won't stop kicking his rear end in a corner. Postmatch Drew McIntyre comes out to make the save
Mace and T-Bar defeat Braun and Drew via countout when Drew barely misses making it. Postmatch Braun slams Drew, angry he's a loser again because of something out of his control
Braun defeats Drew after Lashley tries distracting the ref to help Drew win, but T-Bar and Mace distract Drew. Lashley defends against Braun and Drew in a triple threat at Mania Backlash

Absolutely textbook burying everybody by trying to protect everybody and push everybody simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sounds bad!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I am sure Adinan Virk is a very nice guy and all but good lord he's probably the worst commentator since Mike Adamle. He has no business being in the commentary booth. Move him to an interviewer role or something.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

A cool gimmick could be a guy who wears horse blinders and is completely immune to distractions. They could call him Equin Gallup or some NXT bullshit. I would like $150,000 for this idea.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Any clips of how bad this Virk guy is?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chris James 2 posted:

Mace and T-Bar defeat Braun and Drew
Braun defeats Drew

El Oh and indeed El. Welcome back to the midcard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1386840595134656512

I say this a lot but it really can't be overstated how painfully uncool this company is

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

would like some examples of bad virk commentary. if he's adamle tier that's beautiful

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lots of tv time for the women tonight, things are turning around. women's revolution #2. thanks S. McMahon

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Benne posted:

I say this a lot but it really can't be overstated how painfully uncool this company is

you idiots you need rotten tomatoes or else they dont splat

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i too would like clips of virk being bad

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine where the wrestling world could be if WWE wasn't embarrassing for fifteen years

At least it caused AEW to be created

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte really doesn’t look anything like she did at Wrestlemania 36, I think she was replaced with a clone.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Eat My Fuc posted:

Charlotte really doesn’t look anything like she did at Wrestlemania 36, I think she was replaced with a clone.

how dare you

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Enjoy some reddit clips of RAW!

Chris James 2 posted:

Alexa Bliss thinks it's time Lily plays with the rest of the roster
https://streamable.com/psft8a

Chris James 2 posted:

Rhea Ripley, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax defeat Lana, Naomi and Asuka, despite attempted distraction from Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke briefly causing Nia to trip again
https://streamable.com/w83hgo

Chris James 2 posted:

Sonya Deville brings back Charlotte Flair not even a full week after her offscreen post-Raw indefinite suspension, and allows her to apologize to the ref, and to accept an apology from the ref
https://streamable.com/k8vna9

yea ok posted:

would like some examples of bad virk commentary. if he's adamle tier that's beautiful
https://twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1386876323772067841?s=20
It's not even that. He calls practically nothing by name, just 'big move' or 'what a move'. Him screaming in excitement he sounds like a grade schooler.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I did one of those chuckles that's just pushing air out your nose.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I love Charlotte even if she’s been replaced by an android

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I did one of those chuckles that's just pushing air out your nose.

that's called a "queef"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wouldn't a clone look exactly like she did at Mania 36?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wouldn't a clone look exactly like she did at Mania 36?

Not a WWE made clone

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

"this is embarrassing"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This is insane.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well Nia asked them to get water
https://streamable.com/gciyms

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is dan schneider writing for WWE now

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Not a WWE made clone

poo poo you're right...

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is one of those rare raw summaries where I start off by not believing the report and then with each consecutive bullet point I find myself even more perplexed than I was a moment before.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Those poor women

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Nothing about that Raw painted Braun as a strong or smart competitor.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Okay I can't even make it through the entire streamable clips now. Holy poo poo that's bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

I am sure Adinan Virk is a very nice guy and all but good lord he's probably the worst commentator since Mike Adamle. He has no business being in the commentary booth. Move him to an interviewer role or something.

I wonder why they don't start people out as interviewers before making them commentators. Give them some low stakes chances to get comfortable with the roster and being on TV before putting them in the chair.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ganso Bomb posted:

I wonder why they don't start people out as interviewers before making them commentators. Give them some low stakes chances to get comfortable with the roster and being on TV before putting them in the chair.

I saw another suggestion that they be put on 205 Live or something first until they feel more comfortable in the role as well. Like I said, it's nothing against Virk but he's completely out of his element here.

TV Zombie posted:

Nothing about that Raw painted Braun as a strong or smart competitor.

Are you saying he's...stupid? I guess Shane McMahon was right!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

And you know that Fox and NBC Universal are going to see this and in another 3 years or whatever go "Give them 1.2 Billion, this is the quality content we are looking for!"

I've been watching wrestling for 24 years now. Raw is definitely to the point where the entire show is unwatchable. A couple years ago there would be episodes that had good matches or segments that at least made it worth setting record on your DVR. Now it's just all garbage top to bottom. We're coming off Wrestlemania and I can't think of one thing on any weekly WWE show worth watching. It's just all loving awful from top to bottom.

The only thing that keeps me watching are the cheap PPVs that are somewhat decent, and that they still employ some wrestlers I like. But I feel like my interest is finally going to be killed as those people leave and get phased out for this current crop of bland performance center graduates that have absolutely nothing going for them because I have no memories of them doing anything great. Now I can't even fall back on "Remember that one great match they had at Takeover" because those suffering too

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Seams posted:

"this is embarrassing"

I couldn't finish the clip, it just got too terrible.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is dan schneider writing for WWE now

Did women walk around bare foot tonight?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

And you know that Fox and NBC Universal are going to see this and in another 3 years or whatever go "Give them 1.2 Billion, this is the quality content we are looking for!"

I've been watching wrestling for 24 years now. Raw is definitely to the point where the entire show is unwatchable. A couple years ago there would be episodes that had good matches or segments that at least made it worth setting record on your DVR. Now it's just all garbage top to bottom. We're coming off Wrestlemania and I can't think of one thing on any weekly WWE show worth watching. It's just all loving awful from top to bottom.

The only thing that keeps me watching are the cheap PPVs that are somewhat decent, and that they still employ some wrestlers I like. But I feel like my interest is finally going to be killed as those people leave and get phased out for this current crop of bland performance center graduates that have absolutely nothing going for them because I have no memories of them doing anything great. Now I can't even fall back on "Remember that one great match they had at Takeover" because those suffering too

Like the only good part of WWE right now is NXT and that's simply because their women's division is incredibly strong, even if the top two champs right now for the men and women are weak as gently caress.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it has come to my attention that AJ and Omos, the raw tag team champions, have not been seen on the show since wrestlemania. do what you'd like to with this information.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

OBSERVE THIS BROTHER

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

it has come to my attention that AJ and Omos, the raw tag team champions, have not been seen on the show since wrestlemania. do what you'd like to with this information.

Guessing they fell off the edge of the earth :shrug:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

yea ok posted:

they got the rona

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

really good ep!

https://streamable.com/p420aj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Benne posted:

I mean, at least they followed the 180-degree rule in this clip, so there's that, I suppose.

Digital Jedi posted:

https://twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1386876323772067841?s=20
It's not even that. He calls practically nothing by name, just 'big move' or 'what a move'. Him screaming in excitement he sounds like a grade schooler.

You know what? I'm loving fuming about this. WHAT IN THE gently caress DOES JAWS HAVE TO DO WITH A MOTHERFUCKING TRAIN!? Using that line in that context makes about as much sense as just straight up shouting "CLEAR THE TRACKS! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!" It seems appropriate, but it falls apart after even just a few seconds of thought applied to it.

I'd originally typed "CLEAR THE TRACKS! I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!" but that actually kind of works, so...