Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Rarity posted:

So the MCU?

the new Space Jam has the Iron Giant and Clockwork Orange guys and Agent Smith, so whatever the Snyder cut version of that is, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Legit much worse. At least the bad stuff happened quickly in TNA.

lol no. As much as TNA seems to have moved on, it needs to be pointed out that they either didn't follow up on poo poo at all or dragged poo poo out to an unimaginable degreee. And then didn't follow up on it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think having a fake crowd that loves whatever they do has really expedited things. Can't wait to see them trying this same poo poo on the road.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm half expecting them to just keep the fake screen crowd forever. Don't think Vince has it in him to give up any control whatsoever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

I wasn't around for any of it, but this poo poo has gotta at least approach peak TNA, right?

Absolutely worse. Somehow even more talent being wasted, somehow even more hours being wasted, and not only does stuff not get followed up on week to week, it’s hour to hour

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the wwe has never been more profitable, so that means it's putting out the best product its ever producted

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Absolutely worse. Somehow even more talent being wasted, somehow even more hours being wasted, and not only does stuff not get followed up on week to week, it’s hour to hour

More talents in number are being wasted because WWE has more time and money but I'm not sure even WWE has reached the stage of "put Okada in an angle so pointless and racist that it soured the relationship with New Japan for nearly a decade" yet.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Winter was a hell of a lot cooler than whatever the gently caress Alexa does, you had the absolute all-time-peak of Steiner promos, you had the Bucks trying their best

Mentioning those peak-TNA positives took me like 30 seconds, does wwe 2021 have any positives at all

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

waldorf voice: YEAH, COVID POSITIVES

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ad by Khad posted:

Winter was a hell of a lot cooler than whatever the gently caress Alexa does, you had the absolute all-time-peak of Steiner promos, you had the Bucks trying their best

Mentioning those peak-TNA positives took me like 30 seconds, does wwe 2021 have any positives at all

MY HOLE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ad by Khad posted:

waldorf voice: YEAH, COVID POSITIVES

lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

those streamable clips look like WWE is legit in loving "TNA 5 years ago" territory. The Lily poo poo is godawful, the women's matches are terrible, Retribution and Lashley are still lame as gently caress

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

those streamable clips look like WWE is legit in loving "TNA 5 years ago" territory. The Lily poo poo is godawful, the women's matches are terrible, Retribution and Lashley are still lame as gently caress

I mean Abyss, Jeff Jarrett and Jeremy Borash all have jobs in WWE now.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Also, TNA was only two hours of horrible wrestling a week. There's only so much horrible nonsense you can do with that much time. WWE is making five hours of garbage television every week, and that's too much to even hate watch.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

go ahead and try to find something in wwe that wraps around so-bad-its-good anywhere near eric bischoff selling for the bird

i'll wait

edit: bryan corpsing at the two erick rowans reveal might come close

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Honestly the best way to watch WWE is to only watch UpUpDownDown. Uno, BREstart, Battle of the Brands, and whatever random tournament is happening that week.

Especially Uno. It's an hour of pure unadulterated Dad Jokes from Cesaro a week.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Ad by Khad posted:

go ahead and try to find something in wwe that wraps around so-bad-its-good anywhere near eric bischoff selling for the bird

i'll wait

edit: bryan corpsing at the two erick rowans reveal might come close

That segment also worked fantastically with the Curb Your Enthusiasm ending, so give it a pass.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Shayna Baszler posted:

the wwe has never been more profitable, so that means it's putting out the best product its ever producted

Yeah it's kinda like how music gets better the more money the music industry makes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, TNA was only two hours of horrible wrestling a week. There's only so much horrible nonsense you can do with that much time. WWE is making five hours of garbage television every week, and that's too much to even hate watch.

You wish it was just five hours.

Raw is three hours.
Smackdown is two.
NXT is two.
NXT UK is...one?
205 Live is one.
Main Event is one.

Ten! Ten hours of lovely programming a week!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

bryan made that segment though, and I'm not super surprised bryan loving danielson can salvage a bad moment

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Man they really dont know how to let a storyline they didn't get to do go. K we'll finally do that Enzo and Nia romance that never happened but with Angel Garza.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
That streamable clip of the water throw and Nia falling over was so, so bad that I had to close the window before it was finished. I know people who sit down and watch this poo poo after recording it the night before. There’s a big, bright world outside for fucks sake. It can’t be healthy.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Vandar posted:

Raw is three hours.
Smackdown is two.
NXT is two.
NXT UK is...one?
205 Live is one.
Main Event is one.

it's pretty clear they meant main roster bad, nxt good, right

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Vandar posted:

Raw is three hours.
Smackdown is two.
NXT is two.
NXT UK is...one?
205 Live is one.
Main Event is one.

It's funny because my reflex was to kind of dismiss the last part of this post and be like "well the last three shows don't count." But then I'm like - wait, no, that's not how TV works! Shows that "don't count" aren't a thing! These shows are, in fact, produced and aired in some format, and intended to be watched. They are not off the hook.

phew, gotta watch out for that long-term WWE brain rot I guess.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

it's pretty clear they meant main roster bad, nxt good, right

Hasn't NXT been on a decline for a while? Aren't the two main titles on people they shouldn't be on? At least, so I've heard?

There's no difference between NXT and the main roster at this point anyway. :colbert:

Minidust posted:

It's funny because my reflex was to kind of dismiss the last part of this post and be like "well the last three shows don't count." But then I'm like - wait, no, that's not how TV works! Shows that "don't count" aren't a thing! These shows are, in fact, produced and aired in some format, and intended to be watched. They are not off the hook.

That's how Vince gets you. Don't let him into your head. Don't let him in.

Don't let...him...in...

Let...him...in...

Let him in...

Oh no.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 27, 2021

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Minidust posted:

Also, it's not like Raw and Smackdown are all that distinct and coherent. The Main Event locker room exists in the Raw fictional universe, it contains the guys who sit in catering during Raw.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

explosivo posted:

I think having a fake crowd that loves whatever they do has really expedited things. Can't wait to see them trying this same poo poo on the road.

I think you are underestimating that the people willing to pay money to go to a Raw or Smackdown are people that actually enjoy the product. Look at Wresetlemania.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

I think you are underestimating that the people willing to pay money to go to a Raw or Smackdown are people that actually enjoy the product. Look at Wresetlemania.

Yeah, but Mania has got a kind of a mythos around it that regular TV episodes don't. IIRC they had shows pre-pandemic where they had to tarp off most of the seats.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Even before the pandemic, McMahon was looking to cancel house shows because he couldn't make a profit off of it. People are not going to shows.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, but Mania has got a kind of a mythos around it that regular TV episodes don't. IIRC they had shows pre-pandemic where they had to tarp off most of the seats.

No one is going to these shows to intentionally have a bad time. If you're paying $500 a seat for the front row of Raw, you're doing so to see your favorite WWE Superstars™ throw tomatoes at Miz because that's the type of content you enjoy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Karma Tornado posted:

the new Space Jam has the Iron Giant and Clockwork Orange guys and Agent Smith, so whatever the Snyder cut version of that is, probably

I heard rumors that The Mask, Pennywise and the Joker were also in it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vandar posted:

NXT UK is...one?
205 Live is one.
Main Event is one.

We don't count shows that don't exist

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean if you don't micromanage to gently caress writing wrestling should be easy. If you can't think of something to fill five minutes just extend a match or tell a guy you trust to cut a promo . Not rocket science.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

If a Ricochet falls on Main Event and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Shayna Baszler posted:

i wish nia jax would fall down on me

eponysterical

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

If a Ricochet falls on Main Event and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
That was actually my first thought when it came to the Logan Paul tweet

Then I got it and laughed even harder

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

They do exist, Rarity. They've always existed right here within your heart!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity's heart being full of NXTUK is a real mean diss

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

bladeworksmaster posted:

That segment also worked fantastically with the Curb Your Enthusiasm ending, so give it a pass.

https://streamable.com/d0i39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Vandar posted:

There's no different between NXT and the main roster at this point anyway. :colbert:

actually there is, which makes it extra embarrassing.