Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
https://existentialcomics.com/comic/391

Harry Potter mentions should be banned on c-spam, but i laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PawParole posted:

why is this thread title england now?

just thinking ahead

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jose posted:

Nobody cares about Scotland

dang, I get the Ulster erasure because that is clearly going to be the north of the Republic Of Ireland in the next decade, but what about Wales

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Venomous posted:

dang, I get the Ulster erasure because that is clearly going to be the north of the Republic Of Ireland in the next decade, but what about Wales

Wales might as well be part of England op, until they prove otherwise (by voting in plaid cymru)

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

yeah but where will you put them? whats englands siberia equivalent

Shetland Islands

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Hillary 2024 posted:

Shetland Islands

Not for long

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yes the rising sea will reclaim the shetlands soon enough

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kecske posted:

yes the rising sea will reclaim the shetlands soon enough

Not fast enough once the gulags are there

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

beaufort's dyke

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Tristan da Cunha

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

St Kilda, which hasn't been inhabited since 1931, and is 40 miles north west of Uist. Miserable, barren, wet, viciously windy, poo poo soil but there's fish and birds and some feral sheep that are descended from the few that didn't get rounded up when the island was evacuated. People there used to be able have a subsistence life

Comedy answer is Isle of Wight, just because the population is already mostly Tory so gulag fodder

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Milton Keynes.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Rockall

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

goon prject: lets coup the island of sark

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Tulip posted:

Hahaha, they won't even relocate them into england??

quote:

Alternative sites considered at the time Faslane was chosen, such as Milford Haven in Wales and Falmouth in Cornwall, are now industrialised in the case of the former or have a larger population; while Devonport, where the submarines are refitted, would require significant engineering work and is close to the city of Plymouth.

Any new site would take many years to develop, amid what is likely to be intense local opposition wherever is chosen. “It is therefore a reasonable assumption that achievement of the necessary planning permissions would be testing or impossible,” Gower said.

An alternative would be to try to base Trident at King’s Bay in Georgia, in the US, where Britain’s nuclear submarines go to pick up missiles from a common pool, or possibly with the French nuclear fleet at Ile Longue, in Brittany. Such ideas are, however, “highly speculative” and would be controversial and legally fraught.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

the sex ghost posted:

Actually no Llandudno's nice, just send them all to Rhyl until they've learned their lesson

Eh... Back in '16 I was seeing Golliwog dolls for sale there.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Venomous posted:

Wales and Scotland should obviously both become part of the Greater Republic of Ireland.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
One of the more embarassing things about the Uk is the knowledge that we insist on keeping our dumb, inadequate nuclear 'deterrent' solely because it allows us to feel that we're still a big, important country, like it's some genocidal comfort blanket or something.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
lol the us is gonna make you their colony in exchange for giving your stupid nuclear boats a home

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

redleader posted:

lol the us is gonna make you their colony in exchange for giving your stupid nuclear boats a home
Ireland's gonna be a state and we'll be one of those offshore islands covered in birdshit that technically anyone is allowed to claim as long as they collect the birdshit to sell to make gunpowder with.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Would be p lol if Scotland goes independent and they move the subs to NI, only for Ireland to reunify.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

goon prject: lets coup the island of sark

I'm in

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
trick london into funding the scotland ireland bridge before pulling the rug and doing nuclear deterrents and the Greater West Celtic Co-Prosperity Sphere

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I say we move to land-based nuclear silos and locate them all in the Home Counties.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Pistol_Pete posted:

I say we move to land-based nuclear silos and locate them all in the Home Counties.

Central London, have the tower of London split apart amid sirens to reveal the missiles.

K9
May 6, 2007

bodies, piled high

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Every cool this guy is on the labour NEC

https://twitter.com/WeBelieveIsrael/status/1386998130592395266?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol its not apartheid we're defensively occupying the place for the last 60 years

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ah yes, the two state solution, an end that the Israeli government definitely continues to support and actively work towards

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the queen would run the country better than parliament

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess that’s why rich people got rid of the monarchy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

euphronius posted:

I think the queen would run the country better than parliament

Her favourite child is the sweatless nonce

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/peston/status/1387001190295146498?s=21

lol Peston

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'd say that's a pretty sick burn on Allegra Stratton but it's Peston so you just know he's 100% sincere lol

pdog
May 7, 2013
i hate that stupid loving emoji representation of pesto so much, he doesn’t even look like that!!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I hope Pesto goes home every day and looks at his huge pile of money to convince himself to not put his head in the oven

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

I hope Pesto goes home every day and looks at his huge pile of money to convince himself to not put his head in the oven

extremely antisemitic of you

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I see someone did that facial reconstruction thing on the Crypt Keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

If he wants to look like David Carradine, one can only hope he meets the same end