Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

good lord MHW is doing well. Already better than MB: Ragnarok and I think Primal?

I guess board games based on video games are just money printing machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I just realized that I'll actually receive my all-in Siege of the Citadel pledge from 2016 and I have no idea where to store it.

I completely wrote that off.

I guess I could make a wall of shame display with a bunch of video games (Hellgate London CE, Tabula Rasa CE, Age of Conan CE,...)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
An X-force expansion is being added to Marvel United X-Men as a backer reward for getting another 400k (as of this writing).

I'm sure it will blow past that.

Really just missing Kate and Nightcrawler at this point to have some of the most iconic mutants covered. And a sentinel or nimrod to cover iconic villains.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

they ought to really just release nightcrawler and deadpool because Idk how much more steam this KS has

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CODChimera posted:

good lord MHW is doing well. Already better than MB: Ragnarok and I think Primal?

I guess board games based on video games are just money printing machines

I really don't understand why. I'm not sure I can even think of a genuinely great videogame licensed game. The Bloodborne boardgame (not from Steamforged) seems like it turned out okay, but I'm not personally inclined to rush out and stock up on it (and gosh, there's a lot of it to stock up on, some of which was probably KS exclusive). MH: World...I've watched two playthroughs and it simultaneously seems like it has a ton of systems and like it doesn't have that much depth or interesting decisions to make despite that. And is potentially *very* swingy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DLC Inc posted:

they ought to really just release nightcrawler and deadpool because Idk how much more steam this KS has

There's probably another 500-1M to go.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Gears of War was very good.

uh

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
This War of Mine?

ok I'm out of great video game board games and I haven't actually played this one

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like Monster Hunter is a series that lends itself particularly well to minis that would do well on kickstarter, that probably has something to do with it.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

90s Cringe Rock posted:

ok I'm out of great video game board games and I haven't actually played this one

Super Motherload is a great example of a boardgame that manages to capture the feel of the video game quite well while still doing its own thing and being a good boardgame.

I've heard DOOM is also good.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

This War of Mine?

In a very on-brand move, the 'PvE patch' expansion to the Fallout boardgame moved it up to 'passable' from it's launch state of hostile-to-the-players Calvinball.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Gears of War was very good.

uh

To emphasize, the gears of war board game is extremely good.

Also this war of mine.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, I mean...there have been good videogame boardgames. As far as I can tell, anyway. I don't own any of them, at least until Frostpunk arrives. But I mostly wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for them on KS. And, well, haven't bought any of them just in general.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully Divinity: Original Sin will be added to that list when it finally drops.

I'm very optimistic about it being good considering how Larian Studios has been working directly with the board game designers the whole way.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

malkav11 posted:

I really don't understand why. I'm not sure I can even think of a genuinely great videogame licensed game. The Bloodborne boardgame (not from Steamforged) seems like it turned out okay, but I'm not personally inclined to rush out and stock up on it (and gosh, there's a lot of it to stock up on, some of which was probably KS exclusive). MH: World...I've watched two playthroughs and it simultaneously seems like it has a ton of systems and like it doesn't have that much depth or interesting decisions to make despite that. And is potentially *very* swingy.

Starcraft was extremely fun, but is also extremely out of print.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

malkav11 posted:

Wait was there a Bloodborne board game that wasn't the very light card game that's basically a hidden bidding game with a vague theme of fighting creepy Bloodborne monsters?

I have that and there's one game and one expansion, I'm not even sure it was a kickstarter. It's quite fun though. The way it works is all the players look at a monster with an amount of victory points on it equal to its HP, and secretly pick a weapon or item card or retreat out of the fight to heal. Then the cards are revealed, the monster attacks the players and whoever survives takes a number of VP equal to the damage they dealt, with whoever dealt the last hit getting a bonus and anyone whose card resolves after the monster has no VP left getting nothing.

You then need to at some point bank your VP by retreating before you die. It has some limited card buying stuff where you buy better weapons and items, and monsters have varying rules that put a twist on the rounds, but it's ultimately a very light and not super thematic card game.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I mentioned it in the Solo Roleplaying thread, but I think I forgot to post about it here. Starforged is launching its Kickstarter next Tuesday

https://twitter.com/ShawnTomkin/status/1385370335957065730?s=20

Thanks for that, and also mentioning the Solo game thread. Seems pretty sweet, and I downloaded Ironforged to check out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Father Wendigo posted:

In a very on-brand move, the 'PvE patch' expansion to the Fallout boardgame moved it up to 'passable' from it's launch state of hostile-to-the-players Calvinball.

Is that Atomic Bonds? I’ve got the main game, but haven’t played it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bob Smith posted:

Wait was there a Bloodborne board game that wasn't the very light card game that's basically a hidden bidding game with a vague theme of fighting creepy Bloodborne monsters?

I have that and there's one game and one expansion, I'm not even sure it was a kickstarter. It's quite fun though. The way it works is all the players look at a monster with an amount of victory points on it equal to its HP, and secretly pick a weapon or item card or retreat out of the fight to heal. Then the cards are revealed, the monster attacks the players and whoever survives takes a number of VP equal to the damage they dealt, with whoever dealt the last hit getting a bonus and anyone whose card resolves after the monster has no VP left getting nothing.

You then need to at some point bank your VP by retreating before you die. It has some limited card buying stuff where you buy better weapons and items, and monsters have varying rules that put a twist on the rounds, but it's ultimately a very light and not super thematic card game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/bloodborne-the-board-game/description

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The_Doctor posted:

Is that Atomic Bonds? I’ve got the main game, but haven’t played it.

Yes, it has revised mission cards that overhaul the game to be players vs. the board/timer.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Bob Smith posted:

edit: I can't read good.

Memnaelar fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 23, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I have been trying to find a reasonably priced copy of the blood borne board game all in KS and it's been impossible.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

I completely missed that KS, that's quite interesting.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's probably another 500-1M to go.

At this rate the 'all in' unique could well be Deadpool, but I'd pay them whatever price if they demanded if they made a two tone plastic Glob Herman with a white skeleton inside a translucent pink body.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

EverettLO posted:

At this rate the 'all in' unique could well be Deadpool, but I'd pay them whatever price if they demanded if they made a two tone plastic Glob Herman with a white skeleton inside a translucent pink body.

After seeing that Phoenix Five event box I think they're not above both duplicates and weird boxes, and I also know that CMON loves vague movie tie-ins, so I think we're gonna see a Deadpool/Negasonic/Yukio/Colossus set with maybe Firefist as a bonus character and Ajax or Angeldust as the bad guys.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
This seems to be in the interests of a bunch of people here:

quote:

This project will fund the production of Court of Blades, the tabletop roleplaying game of courtly drama, power politics, magic, peril and romance. Court of Blades takes place in the vibrant, fantasy renaissance city-state of Ilrien, in a world populated by scheming nobles, court magicians, and dashing duelists.

As a noble retainer, you will engage in the polite civil warfare of the great families. You will host lavish balls, and manipulate the courts, uncover the plots of your rivals, protect the city from arcane dangers, manage your own intrigues and personal scandals, leverage your reputations, connections, and so much more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/acoupleofdrakes/court-of-blades-a-tabletop-roleplaying-game

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Ironsworn: Starforged Kickstarter is now live.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Hopefully Matt Eklund's views aren't actively repulsive like his dad's. Regardless, this design really works for me. I love hidden identity messy-rear end games and this one fits the bill.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/455725875/stationfall

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

theironjef posted:

After seeing that Phoenix Five event box I think they're not above both duplicates and weird boxes, and I also know that CMON loves vague movie tie-ins, so I think we're gonna see a Deadpool/Negasonic/Yukio/Colossus set with maybe Firefist as a bonus character and Ajax or Angeldust as the bad guys.

Or even weirder with the Deadpool box they dropped with 3 flavors of Deadpool, Bob, and Lady Deadpool. I almost called it with my prediction of a Mr Sinister box with five clones. They just did it with Deadpool instead.

Just looking for that Excalibur or marauders box now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad the X-Force box is free because I'd have never paid for that Deadpool box. Probably the one I feel I want to add on is the X-Men blue team with Gambit/Rogue/Jubilee/Sinister/Psylocke, maaaaaybe the other team gold as well to make the whole silver age X-Men, sans Nightcrawler who CMON apparently hates

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shoulda swapped one of the dead pools for the good pool, gwen.

E: she's a mutant now btw.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 27, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol next free mini is DOOP gently caress yes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Memnaelar posted:

Hopefully Matt Eklund's views aren't actively repulsive like his dad's. Regardless, this design really works for me. I love hidden identity messy-rear end games and this one fits the bill.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/455725875/stationfall

Love the Hellboy reference in the middle of this.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Brutal Kickstarter month ahead in terms of the wallet. Stationfall, My Father's Work, and Hexplore It IV. Bye money.

edit: Okay, Hexplore It is technically Gamefound but whatever.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Brutal Kickstarter month ahead in terms of the wallet. Stationfall, My Father's Work, and Hexplore It IV. Bye money.

edit: Okay, Hexplore It is technically Gamefound but whatever.

Don't forget Hoplomachus: Victorum and Remastered on 5/4. (Not sure how long that one will run so maybe the actual *payment* will hit in June though.)

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

malkav11 posted:

Don't forget Hoplomachus: Victorum and Remastered on 5/4. (Not sure how long that one will run so maybe the actual *payment* will hit in June though.)

This will NOT be the campaign that finally buys me into Hoplomachus or Chip Theory Games. I forbid it!

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

This will NOT be the campaign that finally buys me into Hoplomachus or Chip Theory Games. I forbid it!

It'll be where I buy into Hoplomachus, that's for sure. :P

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Now this is what I call an instant-back for quality.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

I've never heard of this series. Is it solo only? Or can you play it in groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Jarvisi posted:

I've never heard of this series. Is it solo only? Or can you play it in groups
Multiple players works great and having one be a GM is optional.