Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Senerio posted:

Especially Uno. It's an hour of pure unadulterated Dad Jokes from Cesaro a week.

The triple-sudden death episode a few weeks ago contained more drama and excitement than an entire year of Raw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Out of the ring I think the show is worse than TNA. Whereas TNA did have some good and great stuff in the ring most of it was way worse than most of what is on Raw and Smackdown.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Spiderdrake posted:

Rarity's heart being full of NXTUK is a real mean diss

Yeah my heart has no room for sex offenders

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Alexa has fully progressed to "Saturday afternoon horror movie host on local TV"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHXJCfXvXZM

But without the charm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT is still good overall, but they have a few people who are blah as people or wrestlers or both like Kross. It's still overall a fun show, but isn't as consistent like it used to be.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean if you don't micromanage to gently caress writing wrestling should be easy. If you can't think of something to fill five minutes just extend a match or tell a guy you trust to cut a promo . Not rocket science.

That is if you trust your wrestlers. WWE clearly does not (in fact they are frightened of them succeeding on their own)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

If a Ricochet falls on Main Event and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

No because gravity forgot him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Gravity and everybody else.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought that was Neville. Whatever happened to that guy?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

I think he went into real estate after failing as a WWE superstar.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CarlCX posted:

I don't even like Nia Jax, and I cannot imagine I will ever particularly like Nia Jax, but giving her weeks upon weeks of "haha she fell down look at how stupid she is" as a gimmick, on the basis of someone completely unrelated having slipped once, is remarkably disrespectful to Nia Jax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHKmpX-CY-8

edit:

Rick posted:

Out of the ring I think the show is worse than TNA. Whereas TNA did have some good and great stuff in the ring most of it was way worse than most of what is on Raw and Smackdown.
Out of the Ring? WWE is worse than WCW, ECW or TNA at their worst. I loved Decay and they were cheesy but still somehow more fun than Lexa or Fiend. Joker Sting was awful but Vince puts out poo poo just as bad... all the time. In Ring? WWE might have an insane amount of talent but you can't watch more than a few minutes without getting dizzy due to Dunn's mandatory billion camera cuts. WWE somehow seem cheesier than most indy feds but they keep grifting suckers to giving them millions so it all goes into their production budget. Their production only sucks because it's overseen by a senile 90 year old, his pet pervy beaver and some intern named Cleetus they found hanging out by the dumpster looking for vittles.

Can't even imagine how soul crushing working for them must be to have to constantly do this ridiculous crap and you hear that Vince echoing guffaw. I bet every employee hears it in their sleep.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 27, 2021

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Vandar posted:

You wish it was just five hours.

Raw is three hours.
Smackdown is two.
NXT is two.
NXT UK is...one?
205 Live is one.
Main Event is one.

Ten! Ten hours of lovely programming a week!

I went with five because only Smackdown and Raw have gone full TNA in quality. NXT's getting there but still has decent matches, and NXT UK and 205 Live are good for shows that no one ever sees afaik.

EDIT: Also, I guess Main Event is a different kind of bad so it doesn't count.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 27, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

He works for AEW under the name PAC. He's currently in a trio with the Lucha Bros.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Miz took that right on his Naruto headband hopefully he's fine. :laffo:

#JoMoforCage

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jiro posted:

#JoMoforCage

theres another clip of morrison taking a tomato straight to the balls

e: remembered where i saw it

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1387004871438635011

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 27, 2021

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Johnny Mundo deserves better.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jiro posted:

#JoMoforCage

Whoever threw that is almost on the level of the guy who threw beers to Austin.

Miz. Concussed by a tomato.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I went with five because only Smackdown and Raw have gone full TNA in quality. NXT's getting there but still has decent matches, and NXT UK and 205 Live are good for shows that no one ever sees afaik.

EDIT: Also, I guess Main Event is a different kind of bad so it doesn't count.

I think Main Event exists to feed the catering crew to Mansoor so they have a saudi star

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Looking forward to the maudlin WWE 24 in ten years about Miz getting domed by a tomato.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

Looking forward to the maudlin WWE 24 in ten years about Miz getting domed by a tomato.

:sad music: "I had just been WWE champion a few months before, on top of the world. And then it happened. Looking back it was a crazy stunt to attempt and things went wrong. The tomato hit me right in my head. It shattered the tomato and my skull. Afterward I couldn't remember the ingredients of salad. I later learned the trainers backstage were terrified. When I got to the back they asked me if I remembered the entire skit and I said no. Also my tag partner got hit by a tomato in his penis. He did lose the penis. But we were making the WWE Universe happy so we were proud to do it."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DLC Inc posted:

those streamable clips look like WWE is legit in loving "TNA 5 years ago" territory. The Lily poo poo is godawful, the women's matches are terrible, Retribution and Lashley are still lame as gently caress

You know who was TNA World Heavyweight Champion five years ago? Drew Galloway. You know who beat him for the title? Bobby Lashley.

Time is a flat circle.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

You know who was TNA World Heavyweight Champion five years ago? Drew Galloway. You know who beat him for the title? Bobby Lashley.

Time is a flat circle.

in between these events the world wrestling federation has hired Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, Brother Devon, Jeff Jarrett, and Jeremy Borash.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Harvey Wippleman might be the next wrestler to enter politics

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

e: remembered where i saw it

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1387004871438635011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

He works for AEW under the name PAC. He's currently in a trio with the Lucha Bros.

No I'm doing a bit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A bit what

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bit of this, bit of that

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Oh boy.

Woods and Breeze on a uudd video talked about how they might be the forgotten generation in that no one in the future will remember the wrestlers of this time and I’m wondering if this is the start of kids no longer aspiring to be a wrestler and go to the wwe as their dream. We’ve heard so much from wrestlers brought in, in recent years about how they dreamed about being in the wwe as a kid.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feces. my nxt uk name

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

TV Zombie posted:

Oh boy.

Woods and Breeze on a uudd video talked about how they might be the forgotten generation in that no one in the future will remember the wrestlers of this time and I’m wondering if this is the start of kids no longer aspiring to be a wrestler and go to the wwe as their dream. We’ve heard so much from wrestlers brought in, in recent years about how they dreamed about being in the wwe as a kid.

The best part is he isn't wrong. As long as they keep the legends around and as active as they are the less the current generation can do to establish themselves and their characters as taking over. It's definitely also a function of everything having to be dripping in nostalgia these days and Vince always being after that easy money.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

feces. my nxt uk name

You’re not supposed to use your real name in WWE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWETheBump/status/1387127460488171522

LOL

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s gonna be on zoom for sure

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

Oh boy.

Eh, there are plenty of alternatives where you can make it big nowadays. And objectively speaking the less people there are dreaming of going to WWE specifically the better.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

Oh boy.

A lot of stars are kept relevant with youtube/tiktok/twitter/some new internet platform nowadays. That's why Vince banning all that stuff unless it's under the WWE umbrella is the dumbest thing, and AEW having all the vlogs in the world is a smart thing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You’re not supposed to use your real name in WWE

my real name is barzahd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Not poo poo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cavauro posted:

feces. my nxt uk name

Feces Martin, eventually dropped to just Feces.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1387137622653345794?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mania bump is over.