Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
This thread sucks now, thanks everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The retard rule (lol) went from an IK giving sixers to a moderator giving a week. Also looking at other forums for post.. thats bad, but looking at other forums post (for modding)... thats good. Anyway lets have a torturous 1 day long debate about modding where we win because we have more free time collectively and actually post here, etc etc. another productive meeting of the minds on the something awful forums

e-dt posted:

i wish this thread would stop talking about The Antagonistic Mod-Poster Contradiction and go back to talking about unequal north-south trade terms or whatever

its like pandoras box but excess free time and disagreement over stuff nobody will remember in 2 weeks is released. luckily, we can count on the squad to do this again in 5 days or whatever the turnaround is.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

ramping people when they continue to do something against the rules is normal everywhere else, but why does everyone hate it so much here?

if everyone in here hates it, why is it in the rules? what does that mean about someone who enforces those rules?

it means you are an external will exerting force, which is absolutely the actual issue, not any particular words. you're the fuzz, the pigs, the stinky oinkers, those bastards, and so on. there's selective enforcement and it's seems obvious to everyone without hamvision.

who knows if it's true, all i know is it keeps derailing threads i'm posting in, in the middle of conversations i'm having and it sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

some plague rats posted:

It's fun to get mad and say poo poo

some plague rats posted:

Society hates me and everyone like me and I don't get to be mad irl :(

some plague rats posted:

I've never been wrong

didn't realize Kevin Durant posted here this is awesome

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Larry the ableist guy

'R' Guy

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Brain Candy posted:

if everyone in here hates it, why is it in the rules? what does that mean about someone who enforces those rules?

it means you are an external will exerting force, which is absolutely the actual issue, not any particular words. you're the fuzz, the pigs, the stinky oinkers, those bastards, and so on. there's selective enforcement and it's seems obvious to everyone without hamvision.

who knows if it's true, all i know is it keeps derailing threads i'm posting in, in the middle of conversations i'm having and it sucks

selective enforcement is an unavoidable result of having volunteer mods and loose rather than legalistic rules. this is actually better than the alternative of having some sort of strict algorithm that paid mods must enforce on pain of losing their employment. none of these things really matter to the actual issue, which is that you don't mind the use of slurs

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Ferrinus posted:

selective enforcement is an unavoidable result of having volunteer mods and loose rather than legalistic rules. this is actually better than the alternative of having some sort of strict algorithm that paid mods must enforce on pain of losing their employment.
none of these things really matter to the actual issue, which is that you don't mind the use of slurs

nope!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I support make one of the thread regulars an IK, let’s check if there is still room for it in the figurative IK budget

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

i think you might be confused as to what cops are or what they're for

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

twoday posted:

I support make one of the thread regulars an IK, let’s check if there is still room for it in the figurative IK budget

#DEFUNDTHEPOLICE

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

didn't realize Kevin Durant posted here this is awesome

I'm not Kevin Durant, you're just that easy to dunk on

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Crusty Nutsack posted:

#DEFUNDTHEPOLICE

aw c’mon, PYF got a military surplus APC with a sonic beam weapon and I want one too

but I guess IKs are also important...

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

some plague rats posted:

:vince:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

some plague rats posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i don’t really understand how or why it got so bad in here. this was the best thread on the forums for years and is insanely stupid now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

i don’t really understand how or why it got so bad in here. this was the best thread on the forums for years and is insanely stupid now

100% agreed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

e-dt posted:

i wish this thread would stop talking about The Antagonistic Mod-Poster Contradiction and go back to talking about unequal north-south trade terms or whatever

the term 'global south' always pulls up the 10-40 window in my brain because of a weird childhood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10/40_window

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
homex and pener left and it was downhill from there

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

i say swears online posted:

the term 'global south' always pulls up the 10-40 window in my brain because of a weird childhood

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10/40_window

Big fan of the inclusion of portugal

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GalacticAcid posted:

its because it became the interim mod feedback station

feedback status: stop giving out dumb probes for stupid poo poo mods

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Algund Eenboom posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

swimsuit posted:

i prefer to believe it was jeb repetition holding it all together

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

i like greece and south korea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

did jeb also leave

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
drat

hasn't posting in a month :rip:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

We didn't clap...

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

GalacticAcid posted:

I blame revisionism

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Speaking of posters gone, what happened to shenji and captain mclaine

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
iirc mclaine stepped down during/after big 2019 christmas drama, dropped off face of the earth. SJY stepped down like 3 days before any of that happened like loving nostradamus but still post on and off. still comes back when big poo poo goes down i.e. 1/6

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

swimsuit posted:

Pener's still around, and I'm really curious as to why he hasn't jumped back in yet

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the posters yearn for pener

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the posters yearn for pener

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more like R peen

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i'm fascinated that rageface and other cringe reddit stuff is going through an ironic post-reddit revival phase atm

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Yossarian-22 posted:

i'm fascinated that rageface and other cringe reddit stuff is going through an ironic post-reddit revival phase atm

smdh at all these supposed leftists utilizing the language and memes of the alt-right giving legitimacy to donald trump fascism

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

twoday posted:

aw c’mon, PYF got a military surplus APC with a sonic beam weapon and I want one too

but I guess IKs are also important...

6ers are pepper balls

less lethal probes

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

cspam moderation happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

the lepers colony linking to posts brings property values down