Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Naw, if you do what sean10mm did you can't at all. (From my memories of the first run).

You can still just Not send the body off if you want the boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Tylana posted:

Naw, if you do what sean10mm did you can't at all. (From my memories of the first run).

You can still just Not send the body off if you want the boots

The boots don't really matter of you already have the achievement they're linked to from a previous playthrough, do they?

My current run is 6/6/6/6 cheat run just to see stuff I missed on past runs and it's a trip, but passing tons of checks also makes you miss poo poo, which just reinforces that savescum is bad in this game for first (or even second) playthroughs.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Is fast travel past day 3 broken for anyone else? Playing on PS4 Pro, it was working fine for the first three days but completely quit past that point.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I didn’t savescum for almost my entire play through and let a lot of things fail that I’d really rather not have, and then failed the Inland Empire check on the Insulindian Phasmid by 1 and thought ‘gently caress THAT’ and reloaded immediately

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
^Good call
Failing is almost always funnier but those legendary passive checks demand total commitment to even see in a normal playthrough, which is a bummer.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

sean10mm posted:

The boots don't really matter of you already have the achievement they're linked to from a previous playthrough, do they?

My current run is 6/6/6/6 cheat run just to see stuff I missed on past runs and it's a trip, but passing tons of checks also makes you miss poo poo, which just reinforces that savescum is bad in this game for first (or even second) playthroughs.

They have nice stats, but totally missable yeah

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Here's a list of how many passive checks each skill has and how difficult: https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/f0z2oa/total_number_of_passive_checks_in_the_game/

8 (and to a lesser extent 6) seems to be the sweet spot. Going above that might get you one or two legendary checks but 8 is enough for the most part.
5. Funny thing happened playing last night: I finished the empathy check with the Lorry driver About my Ex and as I walked off Hit the Ground Running by Smog started playing. For five minutes I thought it had triggered when I finished that dialogue until I realized it was spotify playing it. :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obEI87N2uRM

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
lmao Woolie got told to gently caress off

https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentMoralBobaSMOrc-iPubLE1RZdr021nk

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hell yeah. Has he met Measurehead yet? He's going love him so much.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Yeah he already met Measurehead and loved him oh so very much

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

theCalamity posted:

Yeah he already met Measurehead and loved him oh so very much

Though he will probably never learn about Advanced Race Theory because it's a Conceptualization check and Woolie appears to be actively rejecting the use of that skill

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Archenteron posted:

Though he will probably never learn about Advanced Race Theory because it's a Conceptualization check and Woolie appears to be actively rejecting the use of that skill

He must've gotten burned by it early on lol, little does he know that Drama is the real All Bad Ideas skill there

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that's suggestion. drama can occasionally bail you out of a tight spot, but suggestion is so bad so frequently that if you pass one (fruitless) check with it at the endgame encounter with the deserter it exasperatedly asks why you keep listening to it

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

that's suggestion. drama can occasionally bail you out of a tight spot, but suggestion is so bad so frequently that if you pass one (fruitless) check with it at the endgame encounter with the deserter it exasperatedly asks why you keep listening to it

hey the date with the boat lady is surprisingly nice

doesn't cancel out the kissing dolores and then 'suggesting' that it get shot on the spot for its failure but yknow, fairs fair

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Suggestion is a solid contender but it's not prone enough to melting down about things and really driving home that your investment in it was a mistake

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He hated conceptualization the first time it even said anything. I'm not clear on what the problem is.

Loved his bit about "option select" though. Using fighting game terminology to describe the idea of schrodinger's racist is peak Woolie, and it's a good way of putting it, really.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

nearing the end on my second playthru, question: is the phasmid always part of the ending? i thought it was a bonus thing that showed up if you did *all* of the cryptology quest stuff.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Too Many Birds posted:

nearing the end on my second playthru, question: is the phasmid always part of the ending? i thought it was a bonus thing that showed up if you did *all* of the cryptology quest stuff.

yeah, it's always there, but if you don't do the cryptology quest stuff (specifically getting the pheremone sprayed on you) it runs away almost immediately once you approach it. no communion, no photograph

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

ah okay. yeah it ran away from me this time.

i tried playing this run as incompetently as possible just to see how funny it could get.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm currently wondering if i should put levels into thoughts or skills. Is it owrth going extremely high into physical instrument/electro-chemistry/inland empire/half light? i'm really enjoying it just not sure those vs getting a though. currently at 0 drama/rhetoric and -1 savoir faire lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jose posted:

i'm currently wondering if i should put levels into thoughts or skills. Is it owrth going extremely high into physical instrument/electro-chemistry/inland empire/half light? i'm really enjoying it just not sure those vs getting a though. currently at 0 drama/rhetoric and -1 savoir faire lol

You can put points into whatever thoughts look or sound interesting/funny the one acquired for continuing to attack different objects is strongly recommended :discourse: but you 100% should continue going heavy into your current skills at the expense of the others shriveling up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if you mean anti object task force i already have it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Jose posted:

if you mean anti object task force i already have it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I loving love this.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want more Disco Simpsons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't think I really used drugs etc in my first playthrough. How long do you keep the bonuses?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Physical Instrument is just awesome, somewhere between your secondary school sports teacher, the local gym owner with his side business of protein supplements, and a judgemental macho subconscious.

Jose posted:

I don't think I really used drugs etc in my first playthrough. How long do you keep the bonuses?

Never tracked it but it always felt pretty long. And of course if you invest xp into the drug-raised maximum of a skill, when the drug effect wears down, your main stat goes back to normal but your invested xp remain, with your skill staying above your normal cap.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 28, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Jose posted:

All drugs last 60 minutes in game time when you use them. If you put level up skills boosted by drugs, you keep the boost.

Also if you have enough in electro-chemistry you may learn that you can put speed in places you never thought possible before

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Playing a 6/6/6/6 supercop is fun in its own way if your past playthroughs had their usual level of bungling without save-scumming.

Like talking to the Hardies you can go right to GREAT STORY BRO BUT HOW ABOUT THE BULLET BINCH *waves bullet* right from the jump and then blast through the Authority check immediately.

Lizzy: I went to loving law school for this?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait how do you get the 6/6/6/6 start?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Wait how do you get the 6/6/6/6 start?

Edit the save game file, it's just a couple .json files that are really just plain text you can edit with notepad. Scroll down far enough the 2nd file and you find the base attributes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FishMcCool posted:

Physical Instrument is just awesome, somewhere between your secondary school sports teacher, the local gym owner with his side business of protein supplements, and a judgemental macho subconscious.

This is actually rather fitting given it turns out the protagonist used to be a gym teacher. It's hinted at a fair bit during the game and when stated directly Kim says it explains a lot of things.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

All these are great.

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 28, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1387391654710153225?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

these are amazing. make or find more.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Dapper_Swindler posted:

these are amazing. make or find more.

They're from the Fallout New Springfield page on Facebook.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I heard that, on release, the game had a lot of performance issues and bugs on PS4. Is that still right? Should I wait to play it until I've got a PS5, or is that having the same issues?

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shivers: Where the Hood, Where the Hood, Where the Hood at?
I'm dying :vince: