Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

oldpainless posted:

I assume he did the whole choo-choo train complete with sound effects three times that night.

The train SFX is gone.

Also new KanaChan TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjCOZgXmm_g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Thought this pic was cute:

https://twitter.com/80sWrestling_/status/1387927349275025412?s=20

Until I realized that the "Tatanka" is wearing one of the WWE "Penny" tag belts. Which means this is a fairly recent pic. Which means the most recent gimmick on here is Razor Ramon.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 30, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWEApollo/status/1387921242200678409

It never ends

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Wrestlemania Backlash is still the funniest thing because of course what everyone wanted after wrestlemania is exactly the same feuds to continue to the next ppv

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flatluigi posted:

Wrestlemania Backlash is still the funniest thing because of course what everyone wanted after wrestlemania is exactly the same feuds to continue to the next ppv

The funniest part is at least a couple of these matches at Wrestlemania: Backlash will very likely go on afterwards as well. Bobby vs Drew is likely going to continue as Braun was added to the match to almost certainly eat the pin. I imagine Rhea and Charlotte will start feuding after the event, because it'll probably be a triple threat match with Asuka eating the pin or submission to protect those two.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Being in the same company as some of the most talented wrestlers in the world on a huge roster and having to have the same match with the same person for months at a time because none of it matters and you're just filling time with the most boring poo poo possible rules

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Until I realized that the "Tatanka" is wearing one of the WWE "Penny" tag belts. Which means this is a fairly recent pic. Which means the most recent gimmick on here is Razor Ramon.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the body paint for Tatanka

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

Thunderdome saves them so much loving money.

The Thunderdome is actually really expensive to operate compared to running shows in the Performance Center. They almost definitely want to get back on the road, but they wouldn't be able to draw for long in Florida and the other states that allow full arenas. So it makes sense to wait it out a bit longer.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Davros1 posted:

Hogan didn't wear the red and yellow with boas until the early 2000s, but that doesn't make this any less weird given how recent this picture actually is.

Edit: I imaged searched it and there's an uncropped version that includes Sgt. Slaughter and a Polka Dot Dusty Rhodes with the previous version of the US title as well, none of these kids know who they're dressed up as.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 30, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Cagematch https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=11207&page=4

Apollo will have had 13 matches in 2021 as of Friday night

4 didn't involve Big E at all
Once, he teamed with Big E
7 times he fought Big E with the IC title on the line, 6 times it was a singles match

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Best of 15 series

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Shard posted:

Yeah, I was like... is he "redded up"? Because at that point you're about as cute as the Leeds kid who blacked up to cosplay as El-Hadji Diouf, who got a picture with El-Hadji Diouf.

EDIT: just making it clear that the phrase "to black up" means to do blackface, just in case that's not a phrase used in American; to my knowledge it's not a problematic phrase but if it is then I won't use it!

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 30, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shard posted:

It's ok he's actually supposed to be a werewolf.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The really hosed up thing is that out of all the 80's/early 90's wrestlers that you can choose from, Tatanka isn't even that big of a name. You're willfully choosing to do a racism on your child rather than pick a more well-known wrestler, I guess because Native American headdresses are still a common thing at costume shops and you're working backwards? Oof.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lol for all the hype that Triple H and HBK are doing about how Raquel is a future megastar and how she's going to become one of the biggest and most popular women in the company, ratings certainly didn't indicate that this week. Her segments on NXT lost 81,000 viewers, and the only segment this week that brought the show below 700,000 viewers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
This Karrion Kross reign feels absolutely dead in the water

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This Karrion Kross reign feels absolutely dead in the water

Having the top titles on two of the least interesting people on the roster on your official move to Tuesdays is definitely a choice. A really bad one, but still. Neither Kross or Raquel are any good or interesting.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fun fact: there's a real simple solution for dealing with the bad show and its bad champions!

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I saw an Instagram video where a like four year old did a full Stone Cold entrance to his birthday party and you could feel the dad radiating "like what I like" energy from offscreen

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Segment by segment wrestling ratings are so weird.

There are actually people out there, apparently tens of thousands, who change the channel when someone they don't like as much is on screen? Instead of opening up a website to shitpost about it like a normal person?

It's crazy.

DeepDickPizza posted:

The really hosed up thing is that out of all the 80's/early 90's wrestlers that you can choose from, Tatanka isn't even that big of a name. You're willfully choosing to do a racism on your child rather than pick a more well-known wrestler, I guess because Native American headdresses are still a common thing at costume shops and you're working backwards? Oof.

The kid might be first nations. Which doesn't make it okay, but would explain the choice.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE in talks with MLW regarding a partnership and sending unused NXT talent their way for "experience"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE in talks with MLW regarding a partnership and sending unused NXT talent their way for "experience"

Gotta cut 'em off before they start to get too big.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

njsykora posted:

Gotta cut 'em off before they start to get too big.

Gotta absorb them before they start working with AEW

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Specifically they're comparing it to the 90s ECW deal which may even be true but I think they're scared by stuff like Omega being able to shore up Impact's PPV numbers just by appearing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chris James 2 posted:

7 times he fought Big E with the IC title on the line, 6 times it was a singles match

And Apollo just came from Raw where he had 16 matches in a row against The Hurt Business from June to October 2020, which was preceded by 3 months where he only faced off against Andrade and Angel Garza.

Like... wtf

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
when was the last time apollo feuded with a white person

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Booking on cruise control

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

Best pro wrestling on the planet. Period.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

flatluigi posted:

Lmao

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

oh hey he fought kevin owens on smackdown last week, good for him

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flatluigi posted:

When Vince gave him his current gimmick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap posted:

When Vince gave him his current gimmick

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly now i'm just wondering if apollo's matches with kevin and sami were a fluke or if vince thinks being quebecois is too foreign

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

honestly now i'm just wondering if apollo's matches with kevin and sami were a fluke or if vince thinks being quebecois is too foreign

Well, it was exotic enough to qualify for an evil foreigner gimmick back in the day.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well, it was exotic enough to qualify for an evil foreigner gimmick back in the day.

Man I miss the Rougeaus.

Well, Ray Rougeau anyway

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

how about apollo dudes and he's just one of the fellas

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1388157114762334215?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chris James 2 posted:

Maybe it was just shows I caught but I DVRed a few MLW shows and they were Smackdown levels of talking to wrestling so maybe better training there for the main roster than NXT.....

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So I just watched the Roddy documentary and got some questions. This is a peacock and Vince run piece right? To say it's super slanted to make WWE look good is an understatement so I figure this has to be, at the very least, an unofficial wwe production. Bruce Pritchard had way too many segments for it not to be. I know Bruce and he were supposed to be real life friends but somehow the Bruce bits just feel like business. Is this wrestling historian famous? He's not Shave Seltzer nor any of the guys that have been on Vice so I figure he's a Ryan Satin type.

Overall enjoyed it and glad my friend had it dvr'd. I really didn't know most of what was on this and god I would love to see more of him tagging with Flair. That must have been amazing. Glad Piper got to have fun doing talk circuit and stand up before he died. Hopefully he was happy. My only complaint, other than two specific talking heads, is that as much as they talk about the "darkness" inside Piper and his own daemons they don't give many details. Vice would have gone into detail on at least some of it and presented what evidence could or could not have been found. This one just mentioned Piper's daemons and moved on. Even his old HBO special that made Vinnie Mac fume back in the day is barely shown and the only part you hear is how people in charge of the company's are predatory and nobody lives long. Then you know who shows up and makes it seem like it was just Piper lashing out. I've hear far more details from Wrestlehut than I ever did in this doc. It was nice to see Piper versus the Guerreros and his other early days. Still feels like a bit puffy but I didn't give wwe any money by watching it. Hopefully.

Two different guys made me give the screen the finger. One was Hogan. His commenting about Piper needing to take the pin was one of the funniest loving things I have ever seen. It is depressing that Hogan has outlived most of the guys that could have called him out. Still "sometimes you gotta do what's best for business and lose." Vince is really just infuriating. Even when he compliments it feels backhanded and that opening sequence "joke" is... jesus. Yeah he is just lashing out Vince and nothing he is saying has any validity. gently caress off Vince McMahon. I really hope after he dies he gets truthfully roasted by a million docs and not just wwe puff pieces calling him a genius.

Bret was very classy and always enjoy seeing him in stuff like this. Like how he and Keith David both brought up how Piper was willing to give help to people as a counter to Hogan and McMahon making his not wanting to job to Mr T on Wrestlemania solely about Piper's own selfish ego. Lol again about Hogan saying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Not gonna lie this woulda been pretty choice.