Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Honestly I think it's maybe time to stop making fun of astrology while NFTs are still a thing because, gently caress-, which makes less sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ratjaculation posted:

Astrology, fortune tellers, etc. all exploit confirmation bias by making broad or obvious predictions.

Btw you will all empty your bowels in May, to subscribe palpal me $100 per month

This sounds like a bet to me

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Remembering that time someone said that Myer-Briggs was astrology for pseudo-intellectuals and nodding to myself

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ratjaculation posted:

Remembering that time someone said that Myer-Briggs was astrology for pseudo-intellectuals and nodding to myself

Honestly, astrology would be more useful for deciding who you hire than Myers-Briggs.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Skwirl posted:

I never actually did it, but for a while I thought I should just try living my life completely according to astrology, because even though I think it's bullshit, it's not like my horoscope is gonna make worse decisions than I do on average.

This is exactly how all 12-step programs work.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Meyers Briggs was actually really helpful back when I was on dating sites.

If someone had their 4 letter type in their bio I knew it was not going to work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gross Dude posted:

Meyers Briggs was actually really helpful back when I was on dating sites.

If someone had their 4 letter type in their bio I knew it was not going to work.

Lol. Didn't OK Cupid have you take a myers-brigg test by default?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Honestly I think it's maybe time to stop making fun of astrology while NFTs are still a thing because, gently caress-, which makes less sense?

It's okay we can make fun of more than one silly thing at a time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mak0rz posted:

It's okay we can make fun of more than one silly thing at a time.

We kind of don't have a choice, they come so rapidfire

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Squirrel posted:

I never actually did it, but for a while I thought I should just try living my life completely according to astrology

That's so Skwirl!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Typical Taurus

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Typical Taurus

I'm not a taurus but I was born in the year of the rat.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ratjaculation posted:

I know people that get real mad at this comparison

I laugh at them every time

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Len posted:

I know people that get real mad at this comparison

I laugh at them every time

Huge astrology fans that are pissed at it being compared to something so worthless?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Typical Gryffindors, am I right?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I have a pagan friend who is into astrology but in his case it's partially because he really struggles to identify his own emotional states so once he does a chart or a tarot reading and gets some broad emotional strokes and predictions he can use that to gauge how accurate it feels and go from there.

The problem arises when you get into the anti-science attitudes, which sadly is not exclusive to paganism as our government shows.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

learnincurve posted:

Typical Taurus

...wait. All squirrels are the same age?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Squirrels are like candy corn, they were all made in the same batch a long time ago

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Brawnfire posted:

(holding up a fistful of acorns) Always have been

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

Typical Gryffindors, am I right?

I will end you.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Just like periodical cicadas.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Skwirl posted:

I will end you.

You're such a Slytherin :smug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dylan16807 posted:

Just like periodical cicadas.

They’re the same thing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

You're such a Slytherin :smug:

At least you didn't say Hufflepuff.

You all know there are 4 types of children
Brave
Evil
Smart
Other

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

christmas boots posted:

They’re the same thing

I'm told that Squirrel X is supposed to emerge this year. I assume it'll have retractable claws and adamantium bones.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

PetraCore posted:

I have a pagan friend who is into astrology but in his case it's partially because he really struggles to identify his own emotional states so once he does a chart or a tarot reading and gets some broad emotional strokes and predictions he can use that to gauge how accurate it feels and go from there.

It's useful as a lateral thinking exercise, giving a randomised reference point to compare your actual state in life to. Or just because it's fun to have esoteric knowledge. It helps me manage OCD related anxiety, allowing me to focus on what is actually out of order.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

It's useful as a lateral thinking exercise, giving a randomised reference point to compare your actual state in life to. Or just because it's fun to have esoteric knowledge. It helps me manage OCD related anxiety, allowing me to focus on what is actually out of order.

If you need a lateral thinking exercise, why not make up your own? Like Batman villains.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1387925454888206336

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Wow he really can't not make that face. That's just what he looks like.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I was gonna ask which one, but lol it doesn't matter

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goldenninjawarrior posted:

Wow he really can't not make that face. That's just what he looks like.

He really does look like that in every single picture I've seen of him. I'm not sure he isn't a clever animatronic.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Still not narrowing it down.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The look of slowly dawning concern that he might have sharted and it's leaking through to the chair.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Again, not narrowing it down.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Agents are GO! posted:

Again, not narrowing it down.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Skwirl posted:

At least you didn't say Hufflepuff.

You all know there are 4 types of children
Brave
Evil
Smart
Other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXF4JuA6tcg

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Honestly I think it's maybe time to stop making fun of astrology

yeah all aries say that at some point

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

goblin week posted:

yeah all aries say that at some point
joke's on you, i'm an aquarium

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

TinTower posted:

Heathrow is pretty small despite being Europe's busiest airport. Boris wanted a new airport in the Thames estuary because he realised something that Shaun Bailey hasn't: people in Kent don't vote for Mayor of London, but people living near Heathrow do.

I'm fairly sure he just got the idea after he saw the forts at the seaside and figured he could build something there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

sugar mouse posted:

I'm fairly sure he just got the idea after he saw the forts at the seaside and figured he could build something there.

(managed to totally miss the boat on that conversation but I'll leave this here so you can all look at the cool forts)