Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I'm gonna lose because I hosed up and forgot to put Kendrick nunn in on Monday after picking him up on waivers and then a bunch of guys got injured. I guess I deserve this for not having it happen to me all regular season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm probably gonna lose because I forgot once again that sometimes games start at 10 am Pacific time. Honestly losing will be a relief, it's pretty demoralizing to invest time day after day after day into cobbling together a starting lineup of marginal starters only to tie with someone who hasn't touched their roster in months yet still automatically puts up virtually the same score. Lesson thoroughly learned: do not build your roster around injury-prone players

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The 10 am thing sucks, I think for next season maybe we should do away with roster locking at game start even though that is a fantasy staple (to the point I'm not 100% sure it is something I can change) . It's different on ESPN where you can pretty much mess with your roster the entirety of the day that games are on, being locked out of doing most things from 4:30 PM to 5:00 AM is tough.

E: Yeah I can only stop players from being added to waivers at the start of games. . . which I guess could at least be somewhat better.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Down ~90 points, my opponent is finished, and all I have left is Kelly Oubre and Buddy Hield. One of these guys is gonna give me 30 w/ 5 3PM and the other will score 2 and I'll lost the matchup by 10

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Disappointing for as well as my team played this season to go home in the first round but that is the fantasy life. James Harden certainly isn't considered injury prone and this was supposed to be a breakout season for Shai and like Murray's injury,, Tobias Harris falling off at the end, poo poo happens.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

all im asking is for my team to score the most points every week of the playoffs and i think its a fair ask, imo

also asking for russel westbrook to not have over 300 pts against me in a single week, asking fairly hard for that

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
hahaha I totally forgot to set my players for today, the last and most important day of the playoff round. What a way to end the season.

edit: lol Darius Garland (67 points) and Jarrett Allen (77 points) sat on the bench and I ended up losing by 13 points.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 26, 2021

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Just thankful I had the presence of mind to wake up at 2 PM and add Davis Bertans and Oshae Brissett, whom I've known all year were the guys my season would pivot on

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the trade system enforcing roster construction rules before the trade even completes is annoying, i cant offer mason plumlee(fantasy playoff game winner) for james harden(didnt even show up)

e: oh i guess we dont follow the bracket and instead im against not-saruman. this is good, for me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

the trade system enforcing roster construction rules before the trade even completes is annoying, i cant offer mason plumlee(fantasy playoff game winner) for james harden(didnt even show up)

e: oh i guess we dont follow the bracket and instead im against not-saruman. this is good, for me

Lol.

And yeah it reseeds every round.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wondering how folks feel on whether it would make sense to have either an additional bench slot or one less active lineup spot next season. Most of the time (just about all the time, in my experience) there's zero flexibility afforded in deciding who to start. I"m sure part of this is injury woes across the league making roster management trickier, but there seems to never be a choice on lineup. Most days it's just "start literally anyone/everyone who's playing that night", which obviously is still fun, but there's almost no decision-making or gambling on your lineup choices. Today was the first day literally all season that I actually had to choose between a pair of starters, and it was only because starting Porzingis would mean taking him off IR and releasing someone else off the team. At no point in this season have there been any moments like hmmm start [high-usage 6th man] against Portland's dogshit defense or [starting PG] against Utah. I don't know if that kind of juggling is more frequent in a normal season, or if it's even preferable, but this season has been largely ride-or-die w your draft and not much lineup flexibility night-to-night.

Not sure if anyone agrees/cares, just thinking out loud

EDIT: Also Rick I don't suppose being GM unlocks any export capabilities not available to regular members? Part of me want to dump everything into a spreadsheet and wallow in league stats for poo poo like biggest bust based on draft position, biggest steal not named Russell Westbrook, top undrafted player etc etc Some of this could be pulled by other means but it would be a lot easier if there was a way to take the Lothlorien season specifically and dump it to csv w scoring system intact if that makes sense. I assume that's a no but thought I'd ask.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 29, 2021

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
^I've thought about this the last couple of days and concluded I have no opinion

Nicest thing I can say about my third crack at ruining the unbeaten season is that at least Westbrook and Jokic aren't playing on Sunday

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
They unfortunately haven't released a formal way to export anything yet. There are a lot of ways to import, but, not the other way around.

There is an API though that apparently supports pulling data from individual leagues, so we could get more from that. It is a little bit beyond me as a humble computer janitor who never learned anything beyond php. If any of us know Javascript maybe they can work with it? I have a friend who might be willing to do it, too.

I also would be interested in seeing that extra stuff.

-----

I am for experimenting with shortening the rosters or adding a bench spot if other people also want to try that, I agree that there aren't a lot of decisions, or at least there hasn't been this year. Maybe after the season everyone who wants to stay in, I can send out a poll of some sort as to what features people agree on.

I will say it's usually even worse in a non-compressed season, now we're at about 8-12 games a day, in normal season's it' usually it's more like 5-9. Since most people end up picking around one player per team, it gets rare that there is a ton of overlap. But then again maybe adding more roster spots would cause people to have more players from a single team which would lead to more choices.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol i accidentally forgot to set my lineups on the last day of a playoff game. looks like i was gonna get creamed anyway but i almost had a neat lebron led comeback i guess. was super fun i would love to do it again next year

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Every time I tried to micro manage and overthink it I ended up losing points. Should have just trusted my gut more. Can’t wait til next year. Should be a good showdown in the Finals here coming up.

Gentle reminder to pick a keeper if you haven’t yet

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

lol i accidentally forgot to set my lineups on the last day of a playoff game. looks like i was gonna get creamed anyway but i almost had a neat lebron led comeback i guess. was super fun i would love to do it again next year

Yeah it's been fun but that's the only thing that soured things for me. I would have made it through to the next round but I must have forgot to click Save Lineup. The Yahoo league has an auto save so that's way easier.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

Yeah I'm in next year for sure, looking forward to a full season/not starting midway through/holding Dejan's loved ones hostage so he drafts people and sets his lineup, etc

Drafting Ben Simmons over Russell Westbrook will go down as the biggest mistake of my life. Should've held firm to my principles and never trusted a Sixer, let alone two

Also I probably should've been smarter with my last day micromanagement and realized Rick Carlisle calling Tim Hardaway "our ironman" meant he was about to get rested but I knew I wouldn't be home when injury reports came out and had to do something down ~200

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think switching sites should also be on the table of things to consider.

For me it's a mixed bag, there are a lot of quality of life things on Yahoo and ESPN that I miss,r but not the level of control of the rules, and no email draft which is also really nice.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Should things come to a vote, I'm on Team Fleaflicker. Migrating to a big machine like ESPN/Yahoo feels like such a sellout, whereas the homegrown vibe of this site make it totally worth any inconveniences in my book. I'm in next year regardless but I dig where we're at way more than some polished juggernaut, I don't need to see some fuckin Bud Light banner or whatever every eight seconds.

Megasite: click here for Premium membership, with instant access to insider trading tips, draft tables, positional rankings, and much more!!!
Fleaflicker: check it out, we have Dark Theme

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i liked the email draft a lot, in a lot of ways the drafts are the most fun part of this and drawing it out without actually having to sit there and stare at a screen and wait was fun

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
pffff Westbrook with 14/21/24 whatever, I got the solution right here and his name is, um Oshae Brissett

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Westbrook is definitely the MVP of this league and it’s not really close.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
His worst fantasy game since the start of April netted 54 points, and that's the only one under 65. Insane.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

if i do lock it up tonight i will accept an amusing russell westbrook fashion avatar in lieu of a trophy

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Congrats to our champion. Seems like just yesterday you beat me by four points

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EmotionlessThug posted:

if i do lock it up tonight i will accept an amusing russell westbrook fashion avatar in lieu of a trophy

I think that can be done. Just need to find the amusing westbrook fashion avatar.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Dutchy posted:

Congrats to our champion. Seems like just yesterday you beat me by four points

Lol that was wild.

Congrats!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

It should be this but my heart bleeds with every crop attempt to get it to an acceptable size.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Congrats to the winner! That team's a lot better than just Westbrook/Jokic - solid draft right down the line and great roster work all season. Super fun season and looking forward to next go-round.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

it's been great and i'm not just saying that cause I won. Thank you Rick.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm glad everyone had fun I did too.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah, really looking forward to a full season, not drafting after opening night, etc.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Yeah thanks Rick that went great

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I ended up sending a cert instead because I just am not happy with my capturing of the essence of Russ.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rick take ricky rubio off my team please

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ghost Dog posted:

rick take ricky rubio off my team please

rick...please.. my rubio. take him off

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

rick...please.. my rubio. take him off

I’ve done it. I am sorry for the suffering I caused.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thank you, this will help the lakers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am going to clear rosters on August 2nd, if you still need to set your keeper, you only have a few days.

I am thinking of starting the draft at some pointlate August, maybe even early September.

I am probably going to remove the people who were inactive for more than half the season. They're welcome to rejoin if interested, or if they say something about wanting to stay before I do that. Also we can welcome new members now.

If you don't want to play next year, no worries, but please say so, so that we can make sure and remove your team before the draft.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Sinking feeling of certainty that whether I end up picking AD or KD as my keeper I will spend the entire 21-22 season regretting not picking the other one